Guest ororomunroe

Other Character Stills

• Jung Woong-In - Chief Surgeon Lee

1890336180_8ebc693a_WE48085531_w666_zpsm

Han Do Jun's father 
19096803623_03fbaf6467_b_zpsdzdegced.jpg

[URL=http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/DenCon1/media/DenCon1001/11694127_679334092200466_5598758956463702943_n_zpstha52wr5.jpg.html

11694127_679334092200466_559875895646370

Bae Hye-Sun - Nurse Hwang

11737848_981743231858599_213905010008337

DC

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest allkpoop

@allkpoop No The Profiles Have Not Been Translated Yet But Will Probably Be Soon Depending On How Many People Will Be Interested In This Drama. If VIKI Or DramaFever Is Trying To Get Licensed They Might, Usually They Have The Profiles Translated When They Get A Drama Licensed.

oh okay thanks! i think someone said both have the license. i was just wondering if maybe a fansite had already worked on it since they are usually out within 24 hours c:

By Couch-Kimchi.

“YONG PAL” FIRST TEASER IS CAPTIVATINGLY DREAM-LIKE

yongpalteaser.jpg

Yong Pal won’t be out till August, but SBS is banking on a successful run by putting publicity for it into high gear.

A few days ago, the first teasers featuring Joo Won, who plays a black market doctor, had been released, and now, the first teaser is out.

In the drama, Kim Tae Hee plays an heiress who is put in a coma [by her brother], and the concept of this teaser takes a cue from this part of the narrative. In this dream-like teaser, our powerless heroine falls softly until Joo Won’s Kim Tae Hyun, a black market doctor, reaches out his hand to grab her. They hold each other and they seem to float/swim in a haze of blue atmosphere, its liquid-like quality perhaps represents her tears.

If the show’s as compelling as this teaser, then, SBS might just have a hit!

http://couch-kimchi.com/2015/07/17/yong-pal-first-teaser-is-captivatingly-dream-like/

KTH’s Han Yeo Jin’s character, from SBS Official Site, as I could decipher based on Google translation.

We’ve got most part of the description in back page The little bit more here is that HYJ is known to be wiser than her step brother, Han Do Jun, since young and there is no doubt that she’ll be her father’s successor. She fell in love with the heir of Harshen Group’s rival company. It was a Romeo and Juliet story for the pair and in their attempt to escape from (?), they were involved in an accident where the heir died and HYJ, as we know it, was alive but put into coma by her step-brother.

WE94600964_w666.jpg

Credit image above : Yongpal SBS Official Site

Sim Entertainment (Joo Won's company) uploaded the teaser on their YT and this version contains some talking between the two leads in the background!

cr: Sim

I was trying to translate their conversation. I think this is what they were talking about:

Joo Won: What are you doing? Don't bite the miracle. ( I'm not sure about "bite" or 물다 / mulda is what I heard from the teaser)

Kim Tae Hee: You are...?

Edit: I just realized that there are some conversations in the last seconds. But it sounds shaky and mixed with the music. So, I repeated the teaser many times. Guess what they were doing? 

Joo Won: If you know after I told you everything I know.

Kim Tae Hee: You're a bast*rd.

Well, I think they were practicing the script. LOL.

I knew my eyes weren't playing a joke - the trailer does resemble the trailer for the writer's previous work, OCN's Reset.

Hidden Content

I find it more similar to "Secret" which @simplydramafied1082 mentioned. But I think this concept is not particularly unique and that's why we see similarities in the teasers of more than 1 show. 

I was nitpicking on the cinematography, editing of this teaser and not so much the concept. I just hope it's no indication of the production quality or worse overall quality of the drama. Of course, I have seen intriguing, beautiful teasers which ended up as bad dramas. So I am not going to think too much of it. 

@manquant. I presumed you have watched Reset. May I know which part gives you hope and which gives you worry for this drama. 

OMG... I was so late with the news... I saw the teaser after watching MASK ... 

@Nancyzak ... I know your very happy right now ... We have a drama to look forward to... And I celebrate with you... Both leads are my fave ... It's really crazy .. I can't express how much I am looking forward to it.. What a happy day...

Hi all,

I know this is late but I like to reply some comments that were previously posted. :)

haha.. they all mention the leading ladies.....

What about the leading men....?    Joo Won vs. Song Joong-Ki  !?

@mrdimples         It may hurt Yong-Pal  that Descendants is not only so much anticipated, but also first project for Song Joong-Ki past his military service.

Also interesting that both drama are about doctors.

:o:o:o nooooooooooooooooooooo......Joo Won vs Song Joong Ki. Big *sigh*...... showbiz reporters just love to write these stuff. When I saw Song Hye Kyo vs Kim Tae Hee, I was shaking my head. This works for people who have vested interest in internet traffic and does nothing for the actors in question. Fans of course go overboard in one upmanship and put down the other. I am not saying SHK or KTH fans are like these but reading comments in various forums and blogs, I know a little about rabid fans. 

I am a fan of good acting and nothing else. Of course if good acting is embodied in a handsome/pretty face and nice body, I won't deny it makes me happier. Except for Joo Won, my opinion is mostly alienated from the crowd. I am the type who scrutinize and appreciate good acting chops from secondary and minor characters. I get most frustrated by bad writing and irritated by bad acting. The latter is also due to the fact I dont want to rant openly about an actor I find lacking. So I go to the extreme of lavishing praises on actors whom I admire for their acting prowess. 

It always sadden me to have reporters pitting one actor/actress against the other. Each actors/actresses has his/her own strengths and style of acting. In fact, there are a few more comebacks by other top actresses and yet these two are the target. As a fan, I sometimes asked was it because it's KTH? When JOJLIL was filming, it was between KTH and Suzy, whose Gu Family Book was running concurrently. I think many fans are, nevertheless, mature/wise enough not to get carried away by this ‘game’.

Why NO bts?Where are our leads?Bored...So another crappy photo for you all.

I have been thinking,since KTH is taken,I think Joo Won will stick more to JHJ instead of her in behind the scenes.I am dying to see their interactions. Joo Won is hyung cuddler while Jo Hyun Jae...  He is not a cold guy but I think extremely introverted,private and serious guy based on what I have seen.Very very very quiet but can be funny in his own ways. So will he allow Joo Won to hug him anytime,anywhere for no reason? I think it will be epic if he does and even "play" along with Joo Won. If he doesn't,it's okay because that's his personality. But I am sure it will be interesting. :D

I am yet to see how KTH is in real life,any ideas? But I know she is extremely smart.SNU student!!.HAHA
She can teach Joo Won about general knowledge then. But I doubt they are free to do that... Only I am. XD

I kept rubbing my eyes :D 

There are BTS...okay...all those fan IG pics aren't BTS.  I am not sure if JHJ or KTH started filming already but I am guessing that since their scenes are most likely to be indoors, you won't get fan pics like we had of JW filming outdoors. 

Agree that it has been very very low key and quiet. Read Baidu comments that this drama isn't highly publicized. Is it just YongPal? To be honest, I have not seen much on Assembly either. The only one I noticed with huge fanfare running up to premiere was SWWTN. I know nothing about how the industry works to comment if there's anything usual or unusual about YongPal's promotion. On one hand, I kinda like the low key thing but on the other hand, it's frustrating to get so little snippets. 

Eh....can't imagine JW hugging JHJ. Nothing about JHJ but I think JW is older now, he can't be like that dongsaeng forever, Maybe JHJ should give him some dating advice, LOL or KTH introduce to him a nice girl. 

Understand from recent news report that she is the most beautiful K-actress when met in real life, based on media reps’ vote. Let’s see for ourselves when Yongpalyi goes on air. :D

Based on accounts, KTH is an open minded and warm person. I have no doubt that JW will warm up to KTH as the filming between the two progresses. I am looking forward to the day when he refers to her as “Tae-Hee Noona” just like her costars in JOJLIL and we getting to see the bts images of their warm dongseang and noona interactions. I don’t know much about JW but he has the look of a "good little brother". I do hope so too that KTH introduces a nice girl to him. ;):D

I keep counting down to 5 August. Although I enjoy Mask a lot, I don't want it to have an extension :D because I want to watch Yongpal already.

For Yongpal, I think when I read the news from the beginning it said to have 20 episodes. But I'm not sure why later it less to 16 episodes. Let's see.

I think for this drama, Joowon will be the yongest among the casts (ah not include the casts to act as Yongpal's sister and the nurses). I also feel that JHJ is introverted and prudent but friendly though. I don't know how they will be like behind the scene. From what I think, he will be a very good advisor for Joowon in term of acting. Actually, so many Sunbae here like Jung Woong-in (the biggest brother from Ojakgyo Family). So the filming atmosphere will likely be fun :)

The same for KTH,  I think Joowon can't really joke around or do skinship like other NooNa he worked with. It is not because she is taken but she is not that playful even she is friendly. Haha This is just my opinions. I don't really know about their personalities but just from what I see from the video clips of them. Maybe the fans of KTH or JHJ can tell more about this. :)

You are right there. KTH is level headed, friendly and warm to people around her but never the silly/playful type. :)

@mrdimples

Joo Won being enthusiastic by himself,JHJ just read and stoned on the spot, KTH thinking What is wrong with Joo Won and move on to think about Rain :sweatingbullets:...

I missed the old LOL reaction, but LOL......!!!  :lol:

To me, JW looks like he is in a rush to finish up reading and get going with the actions.

KTH? She does look like having quickly done with reading and surreptitiously checking out her cast mates or see how she could fire up some acting chemistry with JW(?).  :P:lol:      Yeah, after, pretend reading and dreaming about Rain......  (since a few days later they both attended an event in China) ...   :P:lol:    

On the presence of KTH’s fans here, I believe there are, lurking here. Hopefully, they’ll join us when Yongpalyi hits the airwave, if not sooner! :D  

OMG... I was so late with the news... I saw the teaser after watching MASK ... 

@Nancyzak ... I know your very happy right now ... We have a drama to look forward to... And I celebrate with you... Both leads are my fave ... It's really crazy .. I can't express how much I am looking forward to it.. What a happy day...

My dear @Xue Zhu Yu!!!

I am, first of all, very happy to see you here, to have someone from KTH’s camp to celebrate and ride the 'roller coaster' along, together, and with all other fans of Yongpalyi in this thread!

A very happy day to me indeed! :wub::D

“Yong Pal” Releases First Intense and Emotional Teaser Featuring Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee

Joo-Won-Kim-Tae-Hee-Yong-Pal.jpg

SBS has revealed the first teaser for their upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Yong Pal” featuring the dreamlike chemistry between leads Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee.

Luring viewers into the unique storyline, the teaser shows Kim Tae Hee falling in an empty space while shedding tears. Then, Joo Won appears grabbing her hand and embracing her, thereby saving her from her free fall. The teaser definitely raises anticipation for how this teaser fits into the larger dynamic of the drama.

Read more: http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/16/yong-pal-releases-first-intense-and-emotional-teaser-featuring-joo-won-and-kim-tae-hee/

Welcome to new people on the thread....

Joo Won embraces Kim Tae Hee in emotional preview for their new drama ‘Yong Pal’

Upcoming SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Yong Pal‘ will premiere next month, and the production team has released a preview video featuring Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee who will headline.

In the preview, Kim Tae Hee is seemingly in the midst of a nightmare as she falls in an empty space. She was seen in a blue dress, and her overall image made it very fantasy-like. Joo Won then appears as he grabs Kim Tae Hee’s hand, and embraces her to stop her free fall.

‘Yong Pal’ tells of a unique love story between a top surgeon ‘Yong Pal’ who is willing to do anything for money regardless of place or patient, and a heiress who lies in a coma at the hospital. The drama will premiere on August 5th, following ‘Mask.’

65273-341077.jpg

source

Guest ororomunroe

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won's upcoming drama 'Yongpal' releases teaser

w1.jpg

Dispatch - Naver: "Mysterious chemistry"... 'Yongpal' releases teaser with Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won

1. [+5,818, -589] Saw the preview last night and thought Kim Tae Hee's beauty is heavenly.. Now I know why people talk about her all the time ㄷㄷㄷ F*cking gorgeous

2. [+5,523, -399] Hoping that Kim Tae Hee won't have acting controversies ㅋㅋ

3. [+3,888, -364] Noonim might be getting older but her beauty never fadesㄷㄷ

4. [+457, -26] This looks elegant and all but why did I laugh when Kim Tae Hee said 'Yongpalyi' at the end

5. [+315, -79] Did they just plagiarize Secret's poster???

6. [+291, -67] They copied Secret's poster tsk tsk

7. [+218, -8] I like Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won but is it bad that I'm laughing at the ridiculous teaser concept? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+104, -12] Similar to Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum's poster in 'Secret'

Cr: kkuljaem

Dispatch - Naver: "Mysterious chemistry"... 'Yongpal' releases teaser with Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won

1. [+5,818, -589] Saw the preview last night and thought Kim Tae Hee's beauty is heavenly.. Now I know why people talk about her all the time ㄷㄷㄷ F*cking gorgeous

4. [+457, -26] This looks elegant and all but why did I laugh when Kim Tae Hee said 'Yongpalyi' at the end

7. [+218, -8] I like Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won but is it bad that I'm laughing at the ridiculous teaser concept? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I can't blame them for their reactions wrt the coping and plagiarizing. 

The concept is not wrong. I get that they do want to show Han Yeo Jin's despair and this dream like sequence where Kim Tae Hyun grabs her hand and draw her out of free fall is apt. Problem is someone has done this before. Plus the style is so so similar. TBH, I think this concept is actually more suitable for YongPal than for Secret but hey, Secret aired first so we can't even argue that. I have this nagging feeling that whoever did this teaser did it in a rush, There are editing mistakes and the overall video kind of plain. Go and watch Secret and Reset, and you can see that though they are similar, there's a lot more visuals and better cinematography plus editing. I have been iffy about the director so I don't know if this teaser comes under his direction. 

Talk about being different.....can someone take a leaf out of this man's book? 

YPGD_zpsuljxtbc3.jpg

now for more light hearted stuff......

2009794960_94986b1c_zpsml1eq1rw.jpg

Credit: D 

from JW DC

I can't read Korean but if it's me spoofing it, I would have Kim Tae Hyun asking Han Yeo Jin how much she will pay him even as she free falls, pwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! 

Guest ororomunroe

Upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs Drama Yongpal Releases Dramatic Teaser with Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won

okoko.jpg

Leave it to upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama Yongpal (Korean title Yongpalyi) to jolt me awake. I don’t necessarily like the first teaser (still mulling it over), but it’s definitely dramatic and memorable, though KBS revenge thriller Shark did something very similar which takes points off Yongpal for originality. Currently airing doppleganger melodrama Mask remains the ratings leader in the time slot opposite vampire sageuk Scholar Who Walks the Night and just started political drama Assembly, which makes things easier for Yongpal when it premieres in a few weeks to hopefully hold onto the audience.

The first teaser includes only leads Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee, who narrates as a damsel in distress and finds herself “saved” by Joo Won. It all happens in slow motion with lots of pretty blue robe fluttering in the wind/water/whatever. These two actually look fantastic together, visually at least, but I still have no real clue what this drama is about beyond the description of him being a doctor who does illegal but highly profitable house calls while she’s an heiress stuck in a coma. 

Read more: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/07/16/upcoming-sbs-wed-thurs-drama-yongpal-releases-dramatic-teaser-with-kim-tae-hee-and-joo-won/

I can't blame them for their reactions wrt the coping and plagiarizing. 

The concept is not wrong. I get that they do want to show Han Yeo Jin's despair and this dream like sequence where Kim Tae Hyun grabs her hand and draw her out of free fall is apt. Problem is someone has done this before. Plus the style is so so similar. TBH, I think this concept is actually more suitable for YongPal than for Secret but hey, Secret aired first so we can't even argue that. I have this nagging feeling that whoever did this teaser did it in a rush, There are editing mistakes and the overall video kind of plain. Go and watch Secret and Reset, and you can see that though they are similar, there's a lot more visuals and better cinematography plus editing. I have been iffy about the director so I don't know if this teaser comes under his direction. 

Talk about being different.....can someone take a leaf out of this man's book? 

I also feel that they posted everything in a rush. Maybe this is the first teaser, so it looks quite plain. The 2nd or 3rd teaser in longer verision may have more like visual effects : )

SBS uploaded the profile pic of Kim Tae-Hyun without the clothespin at his back  

WE81872908_w666_zpsxzuirksd.jpg

PARK SI ON FINALLY GROWN UP * CRYING IN THE CORNER*

am i the only one who like Joowon with white coat because he is so sexy and i want stripe that white coat :9

You still get a chance with Dr Kim here. The black jacket is his uniform as Yong Pal. He will still don the white coat as Dr Kim. As for taking it off...as in everything.....you will need to write another drama and convince Joo Won to act in it. Meantime, the closest viewers can get is broody shots of the male lead showering with 1000 thoughts in his mind, 6 packs and .......

Got to confess, I always laugh out loud or giggle at male leads in shower scenes. They do look very good and hot in them but it's always the cheesiness that kills it. The more broody, the cheesier. And recently I saw one where the guy was admiring his own inflated chest. Gahhh......someone has got to do a good parody of all these kdrama cliches one day. 

Archived