Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Yong Pal” Releases First Intense and Emotional Teaser Featuring Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee

Joo-Won-Kim-Tae-Hee-Yong-Pal.jpg

SBS has revealed the first teaser for their upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Yong Pal” featuring the dreamlike chemistry between leads Joo Wonand Kim Tae Hee.

Luring viewers into the unique storyline, the teaser shows Kim Tae Hee falling in an empty space while shedding tears. Then, Joo Won appears grabbing her hand and embracing her, thereby saving her from her free fall. The teaser definitely raises anticipation for how this teaser fits into the larger dynamic of the drama.

The pair’s chemistry is also leaving a favorable impression. The actress looks full of sorrow while the actor appears chic and masculine.

Meanwhile, “Yong Pal” tells the story of the meeting between a doctor who is desperate for money (Joo Won) and an heiress who is in a coma (Kim Tae Hee) and the resulting events. The first episode is slated to air on August 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

soompi.com/2015/07/16/yong-pal-releases-first-intense-and-emotional-teaser-featuring-joo-won-and-kim-tae-hee

Guest manquant

@mrdimples Re: your question, I'll put the answer under the spoiler tag for others who haven't seen Reset, which btw I recommend since it's only ten episodes and quite good in my book ^^

The good:

The writer knows how to do intense, intense developments and riveting cliffhangers despite the simple premise of prosecutor getting confessions via hypnosis. Expect messed up murders which could induce nightmares (or in Yongpal's case, almost deaths since Joowon's supposed to save lives). My favorite part about Reset was the writer pulled off the found family trope in a way that's believable and gives the audience a break from the dark thriller feel of the rest of the drama. And I'm glad there's some vague lovelines between the adult members of the core four characters but they're handled nicely and the show never went beyond sibling-like rapport between Chun Jungmyung and Kim Sohyun.

The bad:

I think the writer wrote around circles for the second half (the freaky prison plot) which made sense since it's necessary to tie the plot but otherwise dragged the character development and interactions. Also, there was the doppleganger stuff between Kim Sohyun's two characters, Seunghee and Eunbi, left unexplained but that minor detail bothers me less since redhaired teenage street-smart delinquent Jo Eunbi is my favorite KSH role to date.

Trapped in a nightmare for Yong-pal’s first teaser
by javabeans

yongpal_prev21.jpg

“The way to escape a bad dream is to wake up. But if you cannot wake up, the nightmare continues.”

That’s the narration driving the first teaser for Yong-pal, which takes dreamy and decidedly metaphorical bent on the drama’s premise. In the clip, Kim Tae-hee floats in air talking of a nightmare she can’t escape (in the drama, she’s a chaebol heiress put in a coma by her enemies), and Joo-won stretches out a hand and grabs her (presumably pulling her out of sleep-induced purgatory).

We know he’ll play a doctor who makes house calls to the wealthy, needing to take on those lucrative side jobs to pay for his sister’s medical bills. It’s not yet clear if he’ll be treating Kim Tae-hee as part of the gig; she’ll be housed in the VIP quarters of the hospital where he works as surgical resident, having been put into a coma by a doctor there who continues to oversee that wing (Jung Woong-in).

More here: dramabeans.com/2015/07/trapped-in-a-nightmare-for-yong-pals-first-teaser

Guest allkpoop

so i'm currently translating joo won's character description for myself and the writer's tone is hilarious to me lol it's very comedic how they pretty much cancel out what little positive traits kim tae hyun has with funny side remarks. i love it.

so i'm currently translating joo won's character description for myself and the writer's tone is hilarious to me lol it's very comedic how they pretty much cancel out what little positive traits kim tae hyun has with funny side remarks. i love it.

This is from the official drama site? Awesome! Pali Pali .....we are waiting to read :D 

Guest allkpoop

This is from the official drama site? Awesome! Pali Pali .....we are waiting to read :D 

yes! joo won and kim tae hee's is similar to the ones you posted but a little more information added and side comments. im working towards translating all the ones with photos at the moment since i cant seem to find anyone who has done them yet. i will try to finish working on it and post them when i get off work tomorrow c:

Yong Pal filming at Hanshin Hospital

11335757_483575458474074_177847214_n.jpg

credit: blog.naver.com via Prism_stone twitter

He looks similar to Park Shi On, but in the night, he'll turn into a rude criminal who commits an illegal practice. Somehow, I think Kim Tae Hyun is a combination of Park Shi On and Lee Kang To. An excellent surgeon (Park Shi On), undercover at night to complete his secret mission (Lee Kang To). 

Yong Pal filming at Hanshin Hospital

credit: blog.naver.com via Prism_stone twitter

He looks similar to Park Shi On, but in the night, he'll turn into a rude criminal who commits an illegal practice. Somehow, I think Kim Tae Hyun is a combination of Park Shi On and Lee Kang To. An excellent surgeon (Park Shi On), undercover at night to complete his secret mission (Lee Kang To). 

He looks similar to Park Shi On partly because this is in between takes? See that pout. I don't think Kim Tae Hyun will pout unless the vending machine swallowed his change :D

Park Shi On + Lee Kang To? LOL.......just bring on the badass! 

"When I come to the set of yong pal, Joo Won and Yeong Soo oppa were filming. Then I played around selca in the hospital corridor using selfie stick" ~ 이샛별 (I'm just trying translate for myself :D I'm not sure tho.)

11252291_830257440415000_1285946550_n.jpcredit: star860424 on IG

Archived