Guest ororomunroe

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Joo-won goes on the run for Yong-pal

by javabeans | July 14, 2015 | 2 Comments

Ah, it’s nice to have an intrigue-filled set of stills as our first look at a drama, and here we are with the promise of thrills for SBS’s upcoming melodrama Yong-pal. The series centers around a talented surgeon who takes illegal side jobs treating the rich in secret, operating under the code name Yong-pal, and I’ve been hoping the story would live up to the darkness hinted at from the premise. This is only a few shots, but so far I’m encouraged.

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/07/joo-won-goes-on-the-run-for-yong-pal/

I was reading the positive comments  when I saw this one " Omo omo omo!Excited! Joo Won looks great. Those eyes and loooong legs !

I smirked figuring WHO was hiding behind this alias...

Arffff, I said that I wasn't interested by bts but this one..... If that continues i'll be more hooked !

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept rubbing my eyes :D 

There are BTS...okay...all those fan IG pics aren't BTS.  I am not sure if JHJ or KTH started filming already but I am guessing that since their scenes are most likely to be indoors, you won't get fan pics like we had of JW filming outdoors. 

Agree that it has been very very low key and quiet. Read Baidu comments that this drama isn't highly publicized. Is it just YongPal? To be honest, I have not seen much on Assembly either. The only one I noticed with huge fanfare running up to premiere was SWWTN. I know nothing about how the industry works to comment if there's anything usual or unusual about YongPal's promotion. On one hand, I kinda like the low key thing but on the other hand, it's frustrating to get so little snippets. 

Eh....can't imagine JW hugging JHJ. Nothing about JHJ but I think JW is older now, he can't be like that dongsaeng forever, Maybe JHJ should give him some dating advice, LOL or KTH introduce to him a nice girl. 

@mrdimples, I do think that both Yongpal and Assembly are under-advertised. I do know that SWWTN, had more publicity thanks to both NamooActors promoting LJG, as well as his fans promoting it.

Having said that - the Soompi thread for it, is so far relatively "quiet. (i.e - in comparison to his previous drama JG). I watch several drama and the only two I can think of that the thread are very busy are "Mask" and "My Love Eun-Dong." (and both, very well deserving of the attention IMO) Maybe also "High Society" but I am not watching it anymore. ah, and also "BlueBird House" but I am not on that thread since I am watching in on KBSW. (this drama, BTW  - is one of the best written drama ever - in my opinion. How this writer keeps the tension in a 50 episode drama, that we keep anticipating and waiting for more, is fantastic. No wonder it is the leader in the ratings for weekend drama.

Having said that - I do not think we can draw a correlation between how busy the thread is, and how popular the drama will be in Korea, or it's ratings. I can think of several drama that are airing or recently aired that did poorly in the ratings but had lots of buzz about them - mostly because of fan-girls. Many of the younger viewers, it seems - always want romance, and turn away from drama with no romance and or skinship of some sort. And vice-versa, I can think of some drama that did not have all the buzz about them but did or are doing quite well in the ratings  (i.e. Make a Woman Cry, Unkind Women,  Legendary Witches)     I hope that this drama will appeal to a segment of society that can appreciate it, and that it will be reflected in the ratings.

So glad to finally see BTS photos!  Thank you

Got to go. Will catch up on the thread later today.

'Yong-pal-yi' actor Joo Won shows off charismatic presence

photo613470.jpg

With the first episode scheduled on August 5th, "Yong-pal-yi" has revealed Joo Won's still images full of the feel of mysteriousness.

SBS' new Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Yong-pal-yi" is a large scale melodrama depicting the romance between Yong-pal-yi', an unlicensed surgeon, whose skills are regarded the best especially among his clients from the dark society, and a wealthy heiress, who fell asleep in hospital.

Joo Won took on the role as Kim Tea-hyeon. His role is supposedly a surgeon, however, the first scene was not filmed in hospital, but in an urban area to shoot the suspenseful chase scene. Why Joo Won was being chased down can be seen in the first episode to be aired on August 5th.

photo613469.jpg

Source:  http://tr.im/K9776

Joo Won transforms into a renegade for Yong Pal

3d1b4309-dc61-427d-851c-9c782c22474e.jpg

This is not the first time Joo Won has played a surgeon, but his new character is nothing like his role as the naive, autistic physician in Good Doctor. In his new drama Yong Pal, costarring Kim Tae Hee, Joo Won is a doctor whose black market work keeps him on the run, and the new look suits him. Take a peek at the drama's very first stills!

Desperate for money to treat his younger sister's illness, talented surgical resident Tae Hyun (Joo Won) works as a doctor making house calls to wealthy homes with big secrets under the pseudonym "Yong Pal."

48348fac-1507-4ab6-949a-b7ae7dbacd25.jpg

48348fac-1507-4ab6-949a-b7ae7dbacd25.jpg

Kim Tae Hee plays Han Yeo Jin, the daughter of a wealthy corporate family whose half-brother has put her in a coma to gain control of the family company. When she wakes from her coma, she plots revenge against those who wronged her.  She meets Yong Pal at the hospital, and the plot thickens from there!

74041bc3-f0af-465b-a591-264b44a57438.jpg

The premise seems very intriguing, and there's no denying that the cast is superbly talented. Are you excited for this series? 

Yong Pal will premiere on DramaFever on August 5, following the conclusion of Mask. You can sign up to receive new episode alerts HERE

http://www.dramafever.com/news/joo-won-transforms-into-a-renegade-for-yong-pal-/

Climbing mountains and diving in oceans? Okay, it's the top of a car or bridge and Han River isn't really an ocean.......my problem is why wet that nice black outfit? Have they heard of swim trunks? 

2083592517_c59b7ff9_image_zpstccx4mer.jp

credit: taken from JW DC

(I know it's a repeat pic but can't quote pics, right?) 

i only hope Yong Pal isn't some kind of super hero saving people in the dark of the night.......Just give me the trunks without the cape, thank you. 

Climbing mountains and diving in oceans? Okay, it's the top of a car or bridge and Han River isn't really an ocean.......my problem is why wet that nice black outfit? Have they heard of swim trunks? 

credit: taken from JW DC

(I know it's a repeat pic but can't quote pics, right?) 

i only hope Yong Pal isn't some kind of super hero saving people in the dark of the night.......Just give me the trunks without the cape, thank you. 

Aiyo..MrDimple,unlashing moatness here...Where is your twin?I miss her.Here more crappy pics for you all.

PicsArt_1436851760115PicsArt_1436848663435

PicsArt_1436871980353

I do not know how to embed the video from JW DC

try this link http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=joowon&no=294517&page=1

Here's some screenshots I took from Baidu

36aef3170924ab1802056a2633fae6cd7a890bdd

a29433395343fbf2a8e62e32b67eca8064388f26ddc96991f603738d153e8733b51bb051f919ecf1

5d1395fc5266d0169a351539912bd40735fa3538

credit: Yong Pal Baidu

eh....can't say I love it 100% but KTH is beautiful and Joo Won suave. Maybe I would prefer if the water(I presume it's water) or whatever medium she is supposed to be suspended in to be darker. So as to reflect the "prison" bondage she has been a captive of. 

better screenshots coming up...

Archived