Guest ororomunroe

credit: JW DC

not sure if this is for poster shoot cuz I did see some pics yesterday(no faces were shown hence I didn't post)...

@Ma OO shall we form a prayer circle that the hair stays this way? Yup, call me shallow. 

Yes!Yes! Please.He looks so handsome and ,most importantly, matured! Please don't change it! 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that Mask has 6 more eps so this means Yong Pal is starting on 5th August? Was the start date announced? I don't remember seeing one. Perhaps there might be a chance that Mask gets extended? 

The Scholar Who Walks The Night premiered this week and the Assembly is starting next week. Hmmm...this means they will have a head start of 6 to 8 episodes when Yong Pal premieres. Usually the plot of a story will have thickened by then. Don't care much about ratings but just wondering how the Wed/Thurs dramas will fare. I am more worried about how speedily the subs will be up. Kind of surprised that SWWTN subs take so long. I had thought given the hype and popularity, it would be fast. Is there a correlation? But for SWWTN, Dramabeans and Koala are very fast. I have a habit of reading recaps and DB usually recaps most of Joo Won's dramas. However this time, the girls are doing SWWTN so I doubt they will do YongPal. At most it might get recapped by one of their minions. And forget about Koala because of her dislike for Joo Won :D well.....we just have to see if it gets recapped somewhere. 

Song Hye Kyo Vs. Kim Tae Hee: Who Will Win The Ratings?

song-hye-kyo-and-kim-tae-hee.jpg?w=600

Two popular actresses will soon compete for the number one spot in K-Dramaland and they will both appear in medical dramas.

Kim Tae Hee returns to the small screen in the SBS medical drama "Yong Pal Yi" with co-star Joo Won.

Song Hye Kyo makes her comeback in the KBS disaster drama "Descendants of the Sun" with co-star Song Joong Ki.

Kim will play a patient, while Song plays a doctor who works for a humanitarian medical organization.

The dramas will overlap as "Yong Pal Yi" begins in August after the end of the melodrama "Mask," while "Descendants of the Sun" begins in September.

"Yong Pal Yi" tells the story of a man who becomes a doctor but is crippled by debt after paying for his sister's expensive kidney dialysis. Joo Won plays the indebted doctor, while Kim Tae Hee will play a young heiress recovering from a coma. After Joo Won helps her recover, she seeks revenge on those who put her in a coma.

"I have always wanted to play an heiress role. I want to show people new aspect of an heiress from the one that is usually portrayed in dramas," Kim said in an interview with the Korean media outlet Joongang Daily.

Kim Tae Hee's last k-drama was the historical drama "Jang Ok Jung." After that she appeared in the Chinese drama Wang Xizhi, playing the wife of the famous Chinese calligrapher.

In "Descendants of the Sun," Song Hye Kyo will play Kang Mo Yeon, a doctor who works with the international charity organization Doctors Without Borders. Song Joong Ki will play a Special Forces officer. The two characters will not hit it off from the start but working together in dangerous situations helps to bring them closer and eventually leads them to fall in love.

Song spoke about her character in a recent interview with the magazine Elle Korea.

"I'll be playing the character of Doctor Kang Mo Yeon in the drama 'Descendants of the Sun.' I haven't taken on a lively character like this one in a Korean production in a long time," said Song. "You could say she's the grown-up version of my 'Full House' character."

Song Hye Kyo's last k-drama was "That Winter the Wind Blows" with co-star Jo in Sung. After that she starred in the k-movie "My Brilliant Life," followed by the Chinese films "The Crossing" and "The Queens."

Which actress do you think will win the ratings war? We wish them both the best.

kdramastars.com/articles/89659/20150710/song-hye-kyo-vs-kim-tae-hee-who-will-win-the-ratings.htm

Song Hye Kyo Vs. Kim Tae Hee: Who Will Win The Ratings?

Two popular actresses will soon compete for the number one spot in K-Dramaland and they will both appear in medical dramas.

Kim Tae Hee returns to the small screen in the SBS medical drama "Yong Pal Yi" with co-star Joo Won.

Song Hye Kyo makes her comeback in the KBS disaster drama "Descendants of the Sun" with co-star Song Joong Ki.

Kim will play a patient, while Song plays a doctor who works for a humanitarian medical organization.

The dramas will overlap as "Yong Pal Yi" begins in August after the end of the melodrama "Mask," while "Descendants of the Sun" begins in September.

"Yong Pal Yi" tells the story of a man who becomes a doctor but is crippled by debt after paying for his sister's expensive kidney dialysis. Joo Won plays the indebted doctor, while Kim Tae Hee will play a young heiress recovering from a coma. After Joo Won helps her recover, she seeks revenge on those who put her in a coma.

"I have always wanted to play an heiress role. I want to show people new aspect of an heiress from the one that is usually portrayed in dramas," Kim said in an interview with the Korean media outlet Joongang Daily.

Kim Tae Hee's last k-drama was the historical drama "Jang Ok Jung." After that she appeared in the Chinese drama Wang Xizhi, playing the wife of the famous Chinese calligrapher.

In "Descendants of the Sun," Song Hye Kyo will play Kang Mo Yeon, a doctor who works with the international charity organization Doctors Without Borders. Song Joong Ki will play a Special Forces officer. The two characters will not hit it off from the start but working together in dangerous situations helps to bring them closer and eventually leads them to fall in love.

Song spoke about her character in a recent interview with the magazine Elle Korea.

"I'll be playing the character of Doctor Kang Mo Yeon in the drama 'Descendants of the Sun.' I haven't taken on a lively character like this one in a Korean production in a long time," said Song. "You could say she's the grown-up version of my 'Full House' character."

Song Hye Kyo's last k-drama was "That Winter the Wind Blows" with co-star Jo in Sung. After that she starred in the k-movie "My Brilliant Life," followed by the Chinese films "The Crossing" and "The Queens."

Which actress do you think will win the ratings war? We wish them both the best.

kdramastars.com/articles/89659/20150710/song-hye-kyo-vs-kim-tae-hee-who-will-win-the-ratings.htm

wow! Descendants of the Sun is another much awaited drama. It will also be Song Joong Ki's return after MS. 

I have not been impressed with kdramas lately save for one or two. Regardless of star power or ratings, I just want well written well acted dramas to enjoy. Seems like a tall order :D 

haha.. they all mention the leading ladies.....

What about the leading men....?    Joo Won vs. Song Joong-Ki  !?

@mrdimples         It may hurt Yong-Pal  that Descendants is not only so much anticipated, but also first project for Song Joong-Ki past his military service.

Also interesting that both drama are about doctors.

Embedded image permalink

credit: JW DC

not sure if this is for poster shoot cuz I did see some pics yesterday(no faces were shown hence I didn't post)...

@Ma OO shall we form a prayer circle that the hair stays this way? Yup, call me shallow. 

Yes!Yes! Please.He looks so handsome and ,most importantly, matured! Please don't change it! 

Got to say it that I also like this swept up hairstyle of JW. I can easily picture, with this hairstyle and his slim height, what a smart and dashing doctor he'll look. Me too, hoping that he retains this hairstyle in Yongpalyi! :)

I'm really looking forward to this drama

Same here. Not just because my bias is in it, but also the OTP that I like from beginning, an assemble of good actors cast and an interesting storyline. Just praying that everything runs smoothly and that we have a thrilling time with this drama. :)

haha.. they all mention the leading ladies.....

What about the leading men....?    Joo Won vs. Song Joong-Ki  !?

@mrdimples         It may hurt Yong-Pal  that Descendants is not only so much anticipated, but also first project for Song Joong-Ki past his military service.

Also interesting that both drama are about doctors.

:o:o:o nooooooooooooooooooooo......Joo Won vs Song Joong Ki. Big *sigh*...... showbiz reporters just love to write these stuff. When I saw Song Hye Kyo vs Kim Tae Hee, I was shaking my head. This works for people who have vested interest in internet traffic and does nothing for the actors in question. Fans of course go overboard in one upmanship and put down the other. I am not saying SHK or KTH fans are like these but reading comments in various forums and blogs, I know a little about rabid fans. 

I am a fan of good acting and nothing else. Of course if good acting is embodied in a handsome/pretty face and nice body, I won't deny it makes me happier. Except for Joo Won, my opinion is mostly alienated from the crowd. I am the type who scrutinize and appreciate good acting chops from secondary and minor characters. I get most frustrated by bad writing and irritated by bad acting. The latter is also due to the fact I dont want to rant openly about an actor I find lacking. So I go to the extreme of lavishing praises on actors whom I admire for their acting prowess. 

*sighs* i am worried about this overlapping, i really want this drama to score high in the ratings department for JW!

even though admittedly i had been highly anticipating descendants too!

let's just pray that yongpal will establish itself before descendants comes in

new BTS

DC

Thank you. 

In that pic where JW was presumably the one with a towel over his head, someone on YongPal Baidu commented that he went inside the water(Han River) 3 times(filming was well under way by then so more could have been filmed already) Not sure if this type of action is what we can expect on a regular basis or just for the 1st case. I am not complaining though. 

more BTS pics

98cbb144d688d43ff21d6ac07b1ed21b0ff43b91

a735df029245d688a0b64996a2c27d1ed31b2491

b240f73e8794a4c20a971c1908f41bd5ac6e3991

b90c72db81cb39db36629c64d6160924aa1830af

credit from respective IG owners and taken from Yong Pal Baidu thread

I am kinda of confused about Joo Won's hairstyle...could they be filming Kim Tae Hyun in his earlier days, maybe as a medical student or does he don his hair differently while he is moonlighting? Some kind of disguise but it's quite a fail,LOL. When I said Kim Tae Hyun as a student,I meant either he was chased by loansharks and/or introduced to the world of gangsters. 

more pics...

6e1941d8f2d3572ce8bc0be98c13632763d0c3f7

1f3c29d062d9f2d3af4fb3daafec8a136227ccf7

0611d1d2572c11df538f2816652762d0f603c2f7

hehe....he looks like a boy scout in this pic :D

credit : someone's weibo 

So, I've decided to check this out. I'm waiting for this drama. I think I will like this.  I've seen 3 of JW's drama and I like him a lot as an actor.  But I like SJK because.... maybe because of Innocent Man/Nice Guy.  But if I have dollar, I'd bet my money on this drama and JW's acting.  :)

As for the leading ladies.. I like SHK. I've seen her. dramas. Maybe cause I'm familiar with her.

But...as I've mentioned checking this thread out. At first I was bummed actually cos I really wanted to see SMA Will You Have Dinner With Me.. which is now probably was just a drawing. Ha ha. Anyway, will wait for this.

So, I've decided to check this out. I'm waiting for this drama. I think I will like this.  I've seen 3 of JW's drama and I like him a lot as an actor.  But I like SJK because.... maybe because of Innocent Man/Nice Guy.  But if I have dollar, I'd bet my money on this drama and JW's acting.  :)

As for the leading ladies.. I like SHK. I've seen her. dramas. Maybe cause I'm familiar with her.

But...as I've mentioned checking this thread out. At first I was bummed actually cos I really wanted to see SMA Will You Have Dinner With Me.. which is now probably was just a drawing. Ha ha. Anyway, will wait for this.

Not that I am risk averse but I will not dare bet my dollar on any drama these days. Both in terms of ratings and quality. For the former, I cannot predict what Korean viewers like, I have been proven wrong time and again.

Just for discussion, currently we have 2 episodes of SWWTN and Assembly showing this week. From all the raves I read in international forums, blogs and somewhere which showed k netizens loved it, I am somewhat shocked that SWWTN didn't get higher ratings. I know I said I wouldn't bet but I confess that I thought SWWTN will be the winner in terms of ratings amongst Assembly and YongPal. We may not know until YongPal airs because Mask has a very strong following so after it finishes in 3 weeks' time, we shall see how it pans out. 

More importantly, is the start date confirmed? And how many episodes are we getting? 

@mrdimples, none of the sites have the exact date for ep 1. I think they're waiting to see if Mask will get an extension.

Ah....so that's why...thank you for the information. 

How about the number of episodes? They can't confirm that either? I mean they should at least have it planned? 

For most current dramas, I think 16 or less is good. Those that I have watched a couple or more episodes so far, will do themselves an injustice if they go beyond 16.  There just isn't enough material to stretch that long or worse beyond. I will say this even of my crack of the moment - My Beautiful Bride. I just can't see how the writer is going to keep surprising me and entertained for another 10 episodes(haven't watched the latest 2). Another drama I watched is already old even though I barely began. For YongPal, I hope the length will be what is necessary to tell the story/stories and finish with a bang. 

PicsArt_1436778871050

Why NO bts?Where are our leads?Bored...So another crappy photo for you all.

I have been thinking,since KTH is taken,I think Joo Won will stick more to JHJ instead of her in behind the scenes.I am dying to see their interactions. Joo Won is hyung cuddler while Jo Hyun Jae...  He is not a cold guy but I think extremely introverted,private and serious guy based on what I have seen.Very very very quiet but can be funny in his own ways. So will he allow Joo Won to hug him anytime,anywhere for no reason? I think it will be epic if he does and even "play" along with Joo Won. If he doesn't,it's okay because that's his personality. But I am sure it will be interesting. :D

I am yet to see how KTH is in real life,any ideas? But I know she is extremely smart.SNU student!!.HAHA
She can teach Joo Won about general knowledge then. But I doubt they are free to do that... Only I am. XD

Archived