Guest ororomunroe

Why NO bts?Where are our leads?Bored...So another crappy photo for you all.

I have been thinking,since KTH is taken,I think Joo Won will stick more to JHJ instead of her in behind the scenes.I am dying to see their interactions. Joo Won is hyung cuddler while Jo Hyun Jae...  He is not a cold guy but I think extremely introverted,private and serious guy based on what I have seen.Very very very quiet but can be funny in his own ways. So will he allow Joo Won to hug him anytime,anywhere for no reason? I think it will be epic if he does and even "play" along with Joo Won. If he doesn't,it's okay because that's his personality. But I am sure it will be interesting. :D

I am yet to see how KTH is in real life,any ideas? But I know she is extremely smart.SNU student!!.HAHA
She can teach Joo Won about general knowledge then. But I doubt they are free to do that... Only I am. XD

I kept rubbing my eyes :D 

There are BTS...okay...all those fan IG pics aren't BTS.  I am not sure if JHJ or KTH started filming already but I am guessing that since their scenes are most likely to be indoors, you won't get fan pics like we had of JW filming outdoors. 

Agree that it has been very very low key and quiet. Read Baidu comments that this drama isn't highly publicized. Is it just YongPal? To be honest, I have not seen much on Assembly either. The only one I noticed with huge fanfare running up to premiere was SWWTN. I know nothing about how the industry works to comment if there's anything usual or unusual about YongPal's promotion. On one hand, I kinda like the low key thing but on the other hand, it's frustrating to get so little snippets. 

Eh....can't imagine JW hugging JHJ. Nothing about JHJ but I think JW is older now, he can't be like that dongsaeng forever, Maybe JHJ should give him some dating advice, LOL or KTH introduce to him a nice girl. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been thinking,since KTH is taken,I think Joo Won will stick more to JHJ instead of her in behind the scenes.I am dying to see their interactions. Joo Won is hyung cuddler while Jo Hyun Jae...  He is not a cold guy but I think extremely introverted,private and serious guy based on what I have seen.Very very very quiet but can be funny in his own ways. So will he allow Joo Won to hug him anytime,anywhere for no reason? I think it will be epic if he does and even "play" along with Joo Won. If he doesn't,it's okay because that's his personality. But I am sure it will be interesting. :D

I am yet to see how KTH is in real life,any ideas? But I know she is extremely smart.SNU student!!.HAHA
She can teach Joo Won about general knowledge then. But I doubt they are free to do that... Only I am. XD

There are BTS...okay...all those fan IG pics aren't BTS.  I am not sure if JHJ or KTH started filming already but I am guessing that since their scenes are most likely to be indoors, you won't get fan pics like we had of JW filming outdoors. 

Agree that it has been very very low key and quiet. Read Baidu comments that this drama isn't highly publicized. Is it just YongPal? To be honest, I have not seen much on Assembly either. The only one I noticed with huge fanfare running up to premiere was SWWTN. I know nothing about how the industry works to comment if there's anything usual or unusual about YongPal's promotion. On one hand, I kinda like the low key thing but on the other hand, it's frustrating to get so little snippets. 

Eh....can't imagine JW hugging JHJ. Nothing about JHJ but I think JW is older now, he can't be like that dongsaeng forever, Maybe JHJ should give him some dating advice, LOL or KTH introduce to him a nice girl. 

Haha..Yes. Me too. experimenting with some new features.Ghostly~ Yongpalli~

Yes.This is so under-publicized. Not much buzzing either both internationally and locally I think,which is why I am worried. I remembered whenever there is JW dramas,the pages moved so quickly.Not here.Sooo quiet... And this is premiering in 4 or 5 weeks time! 

Now that you say,I realized Joo Won seems matured now.Miss the old days.Still I believe he is still hyung cuddler but may not be as cuddling as before.STILL I want him to make JHJ dumbfounded. I still want Joo Won to playful...Sigh..why do we have to grow old ?

Source & Cr. http://m.blog.naver.com/kysbdkysbd/220416536154 via bua2be twitter

via joo_won_kazakhstan_fc  

Car and car and car...

I keep counting down to 5 August. Although I enjoy Mask a lot, I don't want it to have an extension :D because I want to watch Yongpal already.

For Yongpal, I think when I read the news from the beginning it said to have 20 episodes. But I'm not sure why later it less to 16 episodes. Let's see.

I think for this drama, Joowon will be the yongest among the casts (ah not include the casts to act as Yongpal's sister and the nurses). I also feel that JHJ is introverted and prudent but friendly though. I don't know how they will be like behind the scene. From what I think, he will be a very good advisor for Joowon in term of acting. Actually, so many Sunbae here like Jung Woong-in (the biggest brother from Ojakgyo Family). So the filming atmosphere will likely be fun :)

The same for KTH,  I think Joowon can't really joke around or do skinship like other NooNa he worked with. It is not because she is taken but she is not that playful even she is friendly. Haha This is just my opinions. I don't really know about their personalities but just from what I see from the video clips of them. Maybe the fans of KTH or JHJ can tell more about this. :)

This is my first comment in this thread, and it’s been a while since the last time I wrote my opinion in soompi. So, let’s see if my grammar turns into a horror. Despite my bias here, I have no opinion about this drama as a whole. And I don’t have any idea how it will turns out to be. So, these are my only thoughts:

1.    The premise was just that simple. “Desperate for money, he begins making house calls to the wealthy where he witnesses makjang stories comes into alive.” I mean, Joo Won’s patients must not only Kim Tae Hee, right? So, how about the other makjang stories beside the sleeping beauty one? Just wondering.
2.    And moreover, there are no official BTSs, nor other promotion stuffs. It has really frustrated me, seriously.
3.     Joo Won said “I will do my best to make this drama the best drama ever.” As a Joo Won fan, I know that he goes above 100% in every single one of his dramas, but I don’t remember that he had ever said like that about his previous dramas except Yong Pal.  So, maybe he really likes the script???? As he said “after reading the synopsis and script, I was charmed by the writer’s writing skills and creativity” 
Just look his serious face omg… -_- He must be really likes Kim Tae Hyun’s character.

Yong-Pal-SR.jpg

4.    While the other casts look bored imo. :mellow: This is only my presumption, because I have watched a few episodes of Reset, and there were some boring scenes. I was struggled to continue to watch, tbh. They could start the drama with a bang, but can they execute all of things beautifully?? Just wondering. 
5.    In addition, I was confused to abbreviate Kim Tae Hyun name. Because it sounds similarly with Kim Tae Hee. Especially when I want to abbreviate both of their names (KTH and KTH) while I got used do that.
6.    I read somewhere that there wouldn’t be any romantic relationship between the leads, is that true?

Looking forward to this drama tho. I can’t wait to watch Han Kang turns into a baddie, and I’m happy Kim Tae Hee as Joo Won’s co-star.  Particulary, I need my Joo Won weekly doses :D 

This is my first comment in this thread, and it’s been a while since the last time I wrote my opinion in soompi. So, let’s see if my grammar turns into a horror. Despite my bias here, I have no opinion about this drama as a whole. And I don’t have any idea how it will turns out to be. So, these are my only thoughts:

1.    The premise was just that simple. “Desperate for money, he begins making house calls to the wealthy where he witnesses makjang stories comes into alive.” I mean, Joo Won’s patients must not only Kim Tae Hee, right? So, how about the other makjang stories beside the sleeping beauty one? Just wondering.
2.    And moreover, there are no official BTSs, nor other promotion stuffs. It has really frustrated me, seriously.
3.     Joo Won said “I will do my best to make this drama the best drama ever.” As a Joo Won fan, I know that he goes above 100% in every single one of his dramas, but I don’t remember that he had ever said like that about his previous drama except Yong Pal.  So, maybe he really likes the script???? As he said “after reading the synopsis and script, I was charmed by the writer’s writing skills and creativity” 
Just look his serious face omg… -_- He must be really likes Kim Tae Hyun’s character.

4.    While the other casts look bored imo. :mellow: This is only my presumption, because I have watched a few episodes of Reset, and there were some boring scenes. I was struggled to continue to watch, tbh. They could start the drama with a bang, but can they execute all of things beautifully?? Just wondering. 
5.    In addition, I was confused to abbreviate Kim Tae Hyun name. Because it sounds similarly with Kim Tae Hee. Especially when I want to abbreviate both of their names (KTH and KTH) while I got used do that.
6.    I read somewhere that there wouldn’t be any romantic relationship between the leads, is that true?

Looking forward to this drama tho. I can’t wait to watch Han Kang turns into a baddie, and I’m happy Kim Tae Hee as Joo Won’s co-star.  Particulary, I need my Joo Won weekly doses :D 

I watched 'Reset' too. I think the last 5 episodes are very boring.  Even there are just 10 episodes I still can't finish it. I watched it until episode 8.  Anyway I have a hope on the writer. 

Haha..Yes. Me too. experimenting with some new features.Ghostly~ Yongpalli~

Yes.This is so under-publicized. Not much buzzing either both internationally and locally I think,which is why I am worried. I remembered whenever there is JW dramas,the pages moved so quickly.Not here.Sooo quiet... And this is premiering in 4 or 5 weeks time! 

Now that you say,I realized Joo Won seems matured now.Miss the old days.Still I believe he is still hyung cuddler but may not be as cuddling as before.STILL I want him to make JHJ dumbfounded. I still want Joo Won to playful...Sigh..why do we have to grow old ?

So, it is not just me or the people on Baidu, this drama is really under publicized? I don't think the number of pages has got to do with the publicity. Pages aren't flying here because I don't think the 3 of them have active fans on soompi? Please correct me, KTH and JHJ fans. Don't ask me where are JW fans. Maybe it's the new soompi which turns fans away? or something else? The last time I remember having a blast as in flipping pages was during Good Doctor. Joo Sang Wook and Moon Chae Won have very active fans on soompi and at that time, so did Joo Won. Together, the pages just flew. 

As for JW cuddling JHJ, I think you just want to see JHJ's reaction, right? That could be fun :D Maybe he would find him a pest, LOL.. I remember that Park Ki Woong who is by nature a quiet person and not the touchy feely sort, found Joo Won strange. In the end, he succumb to the hug monster, got infected and was giving hugs to everyone on the final day of the filming. Still, I can't see Joo Won doing this. Or is it the last chance before MS and then he has got to "man up" 

3.     Joo Won said “I will do my best to make this drama the best drama ever.” As a Joo Won fan, I know that he goes above 100% in every single one of his dramas, but I don’t remember that he had ever said like that about his previous dramas except Yong Pal.  So, maybe he really likes the script???? As he said “after reading the synopsis and script, I was charmed by the writer’s writing skills and creativity” 

Hi @Kaizen68, we meet again. 

You got to flip a few pages back where I translated some details on the plot and character descriptions. It's more interesting than that scant one liner shown on some websites. I actually think the writer has a lot of material and ways to go for this drama, hopefully he/she (Geez I still don't know the gender!) delivers. 

Promotion is sadly lacking. I just hope it doesn't mean a lack of quality. 

Joo Won seems to like the script. However, I don't take his words seriously. I mean it sounds hopeful which is better than none but I still remember the time he said 7th Level Civil Servant was interesting(before drama aired). And I wanted to kill the writer in that one. I, too hope it will be his best drama ever because dude is running out of time to make a reasonably good or successful drama before he disappears for 2 years. 

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought script reading are faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no? Okay, I concede it is probably the only time(before filming starts) that all the cast gather but I think the reading the script part is like kind of going through the motion. I sure hope they have read whatever is necessary before they accepted their respective roles. Again, please correct me if I am wrong :D

Yeah, Kim Tae Hyun and Kim Tae Hee...........long lost siblings, separated by birth and reconciled in drama........that's another story....hahaha....just kiddin

In the translation I did, it was written that Kim Tae Hee's character felt attracted to Joo Won's character. Whether that would mean a romance in hospital bed, that is another thing. Did I read your question correctly? 

@mrdimples

Hahaha,we "know" each other for too long ah?YES!I just want to see JHJ expressions and that smirk,also his WTH face.Actually I was obsessed with JHJ for a few months,still like him though but not a loyal fan,I quickly moved to other actors.Except for Joo Won whom I am sticking for years.

AND why you bring up The-Drama-That-Shouldn't-Be-Named? XD 

I feel that Yong-pal is under publicized because I don't see any promotions materials coming out.If it is to air on 5th August,it should speed up. Their competitors are to be taken seriously!Also they started filming quite late too so I am preparing to see zombies anyways.

Based on what you guys said,I am starting to lose confidence in writer.If he/she can't hold 10episodes,can he/she do this 20 episodes drama?We will see.Usually most of the dramas do not stick to the original plot that they gave.Hopefully this one.

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought this script reading is faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no?

If that is true,can you imagine?

Joo Won being enthusiastic by himself,JHJ just read and stoned on the spot, KTH thinking What is wrong with Joo Won and move on to think about Rain :sweatingbullets:...

But probably not. I think it is important.I think it is the time for actors to prime their characters,get feedback from all and change it before shooting starts.We can't have actors changing their acting style midway. I have seen one Chinese movie production doing that and they were SO serious,even those who played minor roles are present.But then that was blockbuster movie with millions dollars invested. Not sure how serious Kdramas productions are.

Hi everybody !

I"m here for Joo won (obviously for those who know me ^^), I don't know the actress very much. I just recognise the bad guy from I hear your voice, I had liked his acting.

I did a break with dramas for 6 months and so soompi, but again, Joo Won makes me come back ! thanks to my hiatus, I skipped all the worries about cast and staff, I'm just quietly (but more and more impatiently) waiting for the next month and the begining. I have no interest in script reading  or bts before the airing, i admit it, so I hadn"t the need to come here yet. I pray for the return of a badass character, and I hope I won't be disapointed !

I don't know if this drama is anticipated by audience, but when I remember all the ruckus about his last one and others more recent (everyone spitting on any particular actress or actor), I prefer selfishly a more quiet wait.

You got to flip a few pages back where I translated some details on the plot and character descriptions. It's more interesting than that scant one liner shown on some websites. I actually think the writer has a lot of material and ways to go for this drama, hopefully he/she (Geez I still don't know the gender!) delivers. 

Joo Won seems to like the script. However, I don't take his words seriously. I mean it sounds hopeful which is better than none but I still remember the time he said 7th Level Civil Servant was interesting(before drama aired). And I wanted to kill the writer in that one. I, too hope it will be his best drama ever because dude is running out of time to make a reasonably good or successful drama before he disappears for 2 years. 

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought script reading are faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no? Okay, I concede it is probably the only time(before filming starts) that all the cast gather but I think the reading the script part is like kind of going through the motion. I sure hope they have read whatever is necessary before they accepted their respective roles. Again, please correct me if I am wrong :D

Yeah, Kim Tae Hyun and Kim Tae Hee...........long lost siblings, separated by birth and reconciled in drama........that's another story....hahaha....just kiddin

In the translation I did, it was written that Kim Tae Hee's character felt attracted to Joo Won's character. Whether that would mean a romance in hospital bed, that is another thing. Did I read your question correctly? 

Hi, @mrdimples:lol: I really miss you, and all of you gals :rolleyes:

(>^_^)><(^o^<)  hug hug hug~~~

No, I have read all the comments here since the first page. But, I had must been missed some points. So, I was rechecked pg.7 then, and I read a sentence of your translation: "But what is this heart which is always attracted to this fellow?" So, the rumour that there wouldn't be any romantic relationship between the leads wasn't true??? Fiuhh... that's relieve. 

Because, I mean, HYJ may gain some interests to Yong Pal, but their romantic relationship wouldn't work out, and they will not end up together. And who will cuddle who? I mean, Yong Pal have blunt personality, shameless, rude, and desperate for money. Meanwhile, HYJ's character is not better either. Somehow, I think she's an avengeful character.

Well, I admit that I have my own sentiment with the writer. There are few of things in Reset still unexplained and the story was lack of character development, maybe because it's only have 10 eps? So, can she/he delivers the story better with 20 eps? or 30 eps like DF mentioned? Who knows? However, I'm still curious about the "hidden potential story". And please not in Reset way, that got a little lost towards the end.

Interesting, this is my first time hearing that the script reading pics are faked. Maybe that was the fact, anyway, the cast must had read the script before they accepted the roles, so there is no point except for the publication and formalization. That reminds me of the last scene in movie *spoiler* The King's Speech. *spoiler*. hehehe...

Ps: I spent quite a bit time to change the italic fonts into the normal one, but it didn't work. And what's up with the quote? :huh:

So, it is not just me or the people on Baidu, this drama is really under publicized? I don't think the number of pages has got to do with the publicity. Pages aren't flying here because I don't think the 3 of them have active fans on soompi? Please correct me, KTH and JHJ fans. Don't ask me where are JW fans.

AHEM.

Hahaha.  Yeah, I know you don't mean me. :)

It's not just this thread that's crawling.  I don't know what it is either, but I wouldn't take it as a bad omen or anything.  We don't matter anyway.  But it seems to be flying under the radar a bit for being just a few weeks out.  I don't mind the lack of craziness, though.  I think I got enough pre-drama drama with the last one. (I'm with you, @ophris)

I think we've just run out of things to talk about without some new info...

As for JW cuddling JHJ, I think you just want to see JHJ's reaction, right? That could be fun :D Maybe he would find him a pest, LOL.. I remember that Park Ki Woong who is by nature a quiet person and not the touchy feely sort, found Joo Won strange. In the end, he succumb to the hug monster, got infected and was giving hugs to everyone on the final day of the filming. Still, I can't see Joo Won doing this. Or is it the last chance before MS and then he has got to "man up"

Are you trying to make me all nostalgic?  Awww.  I think I agree though that he won't do that anymore.  Or at least not as much.  But I don't think he'll ever "man up" enough to completely lose the touchiness.  Or maybe I just hope he won't. :)  It seems very much a part of him.

I think our writer's a man.  Hancinema seems to think so, anyway.  Daum profile doesn't say one way or the other though.

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought script reading are faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no? Okay, I concede it is probably the only time(before filming starts) that all the cast gather but I think the reading the script part is like kind of going through the motion. I sure hope they have read whatever is necessary before they accepted their respective roles. Again, please correct me if I am wrong :D

I always thought script reading was more or less just a formality.  Just a way to get everyone in the same room at the same time and get started.  Like a giant, maybe slightly awkward icebreaker, get to know each other thing.  Like the first day of summer camp or something.  With scripts.

I definitely don't think anyone's there to actually read anything for the first time; it's just like a mini-rehearsal.  Right?  I don't really have any idea either.

And of all the things we don't know (concrete start date, official site, number of eps, who's the sister...on and on), I can't believe that no one's mentioned the title!  Both daum and naver still have it listed as a "working title"  I wonder what the final title will be, or if it will just stay as is. 

@mrdimples

Hahaha,we "know" each other for too long ah?YES!I just want to see JHJ expressions and that smirk,also his WTH face.Actually I was obsessed with JHJ for a few months,still like him though but not a loyal fan,I quickly moved to other actors.Except for Joo Won whom I am sticking for years.

AND why you bring up The-Drama-That-Shouldn't-Be-Named? XD 

I feel that Yong-pal is under publicized because I don't see any promotions materials coming out.If it is to air on 5th August,it should speed up. Their competitors are to be taken seriously!Also they started filming quite late too so I am preparing to see zombies anyways.

Based on what you guys said,I am starting to lose confidence in writer.If he/she can't hold 10episodes,can he/she do this 20 episodes drama?We will see.Usually most of the dramas do not stick to the original plot that they gave.Hopefully this one.

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought this script reading is faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no?

If that is true,can you imagine?

Joo Won being enthusiastic by himself,JHJ just read and stoned on the spot, KTH thinking What is wrong with Joo Won and move on to think about Rain :sweatingbullets:...

But probably not. I think it is important.I think it is the time for actors to prime their characters,get feedback from all and change it before shooting starts.We can't have actors changing their acting style midway. I have seen one Chinese movie production doing that and they were SO serious,even those who played minor roles are present.But then that was blockbuster movie with millions dollars invested. Not sure how serious Kdramas productions are.

I think I should not use the word "faked" but I guess everyone understood it more or less. 

Honestly, this is what I think of their expressions

JHJ looked nice and politely interested in the script. He wore a shy smile on his lips....awwww......how bad can you be, Hyun Jae ssi? 

Joo Won either looked like he was being the "rude and shameless" Kim Tae Hyun already or he had to skip his favorite fried chicken for lunch. 

Kim Tae Hee was looking up from her script because you know, the SNU alumna had already finished while everyone else was still poring over theirs. Or it could be that the script was only for the 1st episode and she had hardly any lines(being put in coma by her evil brrrrrrrrrrrrrruthhhhhhhhhherrrr)

Yup...I am bored...again....so sharing my boredom with all of you. 

Hi everybody !

I"m here for Joo won (obviously for those who know me ^^), I don't know the actress very much. I just recognise the bad guy from I hear your voice, I had liked his acting.

I did a break with dramas for 6 months and so soompi, but again, Joo Won makes me come back ! thanks to my hiatus, I skipped all the worries about cast and staff, I'm just quietly (but more and more impatiently) waiting for the next month and the begining. I have no interest in script reading  or bts before the airing, i admit it, so I hadn"t the need to come here yet. I pray for the return of a badass character, and I hope I won't be disapointed !

I don't know if this drama is anticipated by audience, but when I remember all the ruckus about his last one and others more recent (everyone spitting on any particular actress or actor), I prefer selfishly a more quiet wait.

Bonjour @ophris! Same reason why I like that the drama is not hyped up. I don't want the fiasco of Joo Won's last drama and recently there's so much limelight on certain dramas and actors, most of which I read with morbid interest. 

About the cast looking bored...eh....I got to confess....I always thought script reading are faked. It's just for publicity, a kind of de rigueur for all dramas, no? Okay, I concede it is probably the only time(before filming starts) that all the cast gather but I think the reading the script part is like kind of going through the motion. I sure hope they have read whatever is necessary before they accepted their respective roles. Again, please correct me if I am wrong :D

Hi, @mrdimples:lol: I really miss you, and all of you gals :rolleyes:

(>^_^)><(^o^<)  hug hug hug~~~

No, I have read all the comments here since the first page. But, I had must been missed some points. So, I was rechecked pg.7 then, and I read a sentence of your translation: "But what is this heart which is always attracted to this fellow?" So, the rumour that there wouldn't be any romantic relationship between the leads wasn't true??? Fiuhh... that's relieve. 

Because, I mean, HYJ may gain some interests to Yong Pal, but their romantic relationship wouldn't work out, and they will not end up together. And who will cuddle who? I mean, Yong Pal have blunt personality, shameless, rude, and desperate for money. Meanwhile, HYJ's character is not better either. Somehow, I think she's an avengeful character.

Well, I admit that I have my own sentiment with the writer. There are few of things in Reset still unexplained and the story was lack of character development, maybe because it's only have 10 eps? So, can she/he delivers the story better with 20 eps? or 30 eps like DF mentioned? Who knows? However, I'm still curious about the "hidden potential story". And please not in Reset way, that got a little lost towards the end.

Interesting, this is my first time hearing that the script reading pics are faked. Maybe that was the fact, anyway, the cast must had read the script before they accepted the roles, so there is no point except for the publication and formalization. That reminds me of the last scene in movie *spoiler* The King's Speech. *spoiler*. hehehe...

Ps: I spent quite a bit time to change the italic fonts into the normal one, but it didn't work. And what's up with the quote? :huh:

Aawww...you sweeite :D hugs too. 

Who will cuddle who? Don't make me write a slash fic of JHJ and JW. Jokes aside, it's not difficult to make HYJ and KTH fall in love. This is a staple drama formula. You have this jerk guy who is cold on the outside but actually he's all marshmallow on the inside. You just need the right gal(the female lead of course) to discover that side of him. I am glad that HYJ is not a damsel in distress, she has all the right to wreck havoc and revenge on the ones who caused her to lose 3 years of her life, imprisoned in her own body. If in the process, she has to "grill" that rock Kim Tae Hyun and make him a marshmallow, by all means. Although this "boy saves girl, girl falls in love" thing is so old, I have hopes that their relationship is anything but ordinary. After all, how many kdrama couples start in bed and progress from there? Our OTP is miles ahead already. 

So, it is not just me or the people on Baidu, this drama is really under publicized? I don't think the number of pages has got to do with the publicity. Pages aren't flying here because I don't think the 3 of them have active fans on soompi? Please correct me, KTH and JHJ fans. Don't ask me where are JW fans.

AHEM.

Hahaha.  Yeah, I know you don't mean me. :)

It's not just this thread that's crawling.  I don't know what it is either, but I wouldn't take it as a bad omen or anything.  We don't matter anyway.  But it seems to be flying under the radar a bit for being just a few weeks out.  I don't mind the lack of craziness, though.  I think I got enough pre-drama drama with the last one. (I'm with you, @ophris)

I think we've just run out of things to talk about without some new info...

Are you trying to make me all nostalgic?  Awww.  I think I agree though that he won't do that anymore.  Or at least not as much.  But I don't think he'll ever "man up" enough to completely lose the touchiness.  Or maybe I just hope he won't. :)  It seems very much a part of him.

I think our writer's a man.  Hancinema seems to think so, anyway.  Daum profile doesn't say one way or the other though.

I always thought script reading was more or less just a formality.  Just a way to get everyone in the same room at the same time and get started.  Like a giant, maybe slightly awkward icebreaker, get to know each other thing.  Like the first day of summer camp or something.  With scripts.

I definitely don't think anyone's there to actually read anything for the first time; it's just like a mini-rehearsal.  Right?  I don't really have any idea either.

And of all the things we don't know (concrete start date, official site, number of eps, who's the sister...on and on), I can't believe that no one's mentioned the title!  Both daum and naver still have it listed as a "working title"  I wonder what the final title will be, or if it will just stay as is. 

Whaaaaaaaaat!!! You man YongPal or rather "Yong Pali" is not the title? Hmmmm....I thought Yongpali the Korean title is confirmed. It is just that we don't know for sure if the English one will be Yong Pal. Yong Pal-i is printed in the script and also on the signage(shown in filming vehicles)...no? 

Whaaaaaaaaat!!! You man YongPal or rather "Yong Pali" is not the title? Hmmmm....I thought Yongpali the Korean title is confirmed. It is just that we don't know for sure if the English one will be Yong Pal. Yong Pal-i is printed in the script and also on the signage(shown in filming vehicles)...no? 

I don't know!  But they both say 용팔이 (가제), which google seems to imply means something like working or tentative.  I really do expect it to be finalized by now though.  So maybe it is, and is just hasn't been updated.  Or it has something to do with all the other 용팔-related titles that already exist in their databases.

I think I should not use the word "faked" but I guess everyone understood it more or less.

More like "staged photo op that doesn't serve much of a purpose" then?  Ha. 

Joo Won either looked like he was being the "rude and shameless" Kim Tae Hyun already or he had to skip his favorite fried chicken for lunch.

Perhaps that was just an acting shortcut.  Fastest way to make him cranky is to take away his food? :) 

I watched 'Reset' too. I think the last 5 episodes are very boring.  Even there are just 10 episodes I still can't finish it. I watched it until episode 8.  Anyway I have a hope on the writer. 

Reset was kind of messy and incoherent at some. Actually I have read some comments on Baidu that Reset had 2 writers. The original writer left and another took over. But it is not clear if the final product is part the original and part the succeeding writer or only the succeeding writer. Neither do they know if the writer who is credited and the one who will be writing this show was the successor who saved Reset from more mess or made it a disjointed mess from the original. 

Writing remains the most crucial block of a good drama. We just got to hope for the best. It's not a popular opinion but I think recent and current dramas are suffering in one way or another bad/lack lustre writing. 

Was it our rants or prayers....whatever

Woooohoooooooooooo...........first BTS pics! 

1970213948_cbd92b0f_72463790.1_zpsvjduai\

1999811613_d7a005ff_zpsp0ky5oad.jpg

1999811613_873fd99e_zpszf5z9x3y.jpg

That's the coolest doctor bag I have ever seen, LOL. And this is his mode of disguise. All black, not sure why that mask though? Is it both functional and disguise? I think a black mask should work better but then maybe it will look too close to another character in kdramaland, just saying. 

Hmmm.....on second thoughts this disguise might work in real life. The black outfit and black mask is just shouting for attention - like "Look at me! I am in disguise!" However, in this outfit, all he needs to do is take off his cap, hides the extra pouches in the backpack, still with mask on and nobody will give him another look. Now with the MERS thing going on, I think majority of people are walking with a mask on. 

credit http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20150714/72463799/1 

post on JW DC

rough translation says that this scene shows Kim Tae Hyun and a leader of an underworld gang on the steel bridge in a breathtaking chase.  A staff on site expressed that the first filming takes place in the heart of the city in a chase and not in a hospital. It's a break away from the standard. 

Guest allkpoop

the script readings serve primarily to see if the casted member still fits their role and also to see if anything sounds/comes off weird in the writing department. believe it or not, cast changes can happen still happen after the first script reading if it doesnt go well just like staff changes. script readings are more so for the staff than the actual cast so its more like a dry run of the episode. there are actually more than one script readings that happen throughout the drama, just the first one is more publicized since it's the first time both cast and staff come together c:

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Joo-won goes on the run for Yong-pal

by javabeans | July 14, 2015 | 2 Comments

yongpal_3.jpg

Ah, it’s nice to have an intrigue-filled set of stills as our first look at a drama, and here we are with the promise of thrills for SBS’s upcoming melodrama Yong-pal. The series centers around a talented surgeon who takes illegal side jobs treating the rich in secret, operating under the code name Yong-pal, and I’ve been hoping the story would live up to the darkness hinted at from the premise. This is only a few shots, but so far I’m encouraged.

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/07/joo-won-goes-on-the-run-for-yong-pal/

Also

Archived