Guest ororomunroe

Presenting the dark Han Do Joon, the enigmatic Han Yeo Jin and pawn Kim Tae Hyun....ooohlala! 

and *waves* to @nonski - hello chingu......will we get to watch this together?

OMG! This is so cute! Great job!Smoky threesome!

Joo Won looks like he is tired of these 2 "smokers" and trying to nag them!

I am still a noob to photo editing. I couldn't find a dark(literally) of Joo Won to fit in this, tried to blend some other "brighter" but nicer pics but the overall effect wasn't good. 

What I want to convey was a more spunky female character rather than a bland Snow White and I couldn't believe myself when I found this pic of Kim Tae Hee, she looked so awesome, not that smoking is cool but she really looked different. 

If I am Yeo Jin, I will be very skeptical of Tae Hyun. I mean who knows if this man is going all out to help her because of her fortune? He definitely can't get a share of the other pie, crumbs if he's lucky. But if she wins in this game and marries him, he has a lot more to gain. No pre-nups in kdramaland, right? Yeo Jin can't be someone who easily trusts another person after what had happened to her so if the writer wants to do complex, she can introduce this kind of doubt in her character of Tae Hyun's true feelings. He probably has to go through hell to convince her. And yup, in case you still don't know. I do like to see my hero suffer. Especially when it's Joo Won :D

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have pictures for our first filming.

11403128_976169235749332_831835246371803

11709483_976169262415996_826085814564880

JW DC

I prefer JW with the hairstyle he had in script reading. He looked more manly.This hairstyle,hopefully temporary.

I am having a hard time as this page keeps showing error msg. :(

Before I saw JW in the BTS pic, I thought the scene was of an accident which necessitate a call for Yong Pal. But then JW at the scene means Yong Pal is either called to the scene or he happened to be there and the situation called for him to save the victim. Maybe the victim is a gangster, you know in some car chase with other gangs or something like that. And from there, Tae Hyun earned his reputation and his loanshark convinces him that moonlighting is the only viable way to pay back his debt. I wish the Greek crisis was easier :( 

@Ma OO, I too liked his hairstyle he wore during the script reading. Perhaps it's because Tae Hyun was wearing a cap and thus, his hair got messed up? 

Is Yong Pal's disguise gonna be all black? So he is White in the day and Black in the night? Now, can someone give his number? 

web_2949960022_296c6a3c_Screenshot_2015-

credit: JW DC

@mrdimples, I wanted the old LOL button when reading your comments...

No one seems to have posted yet the number of episodes.

Interesting that Yong-Pal must be a popular name. I came across 8 Korean films of past years that contain that name in the title done in the 70's and 80's by two separate directors.  It makes me wonder if Yong-Pal has it's roots in some sort of Korean legend or such, or maybe it is just a coincidence, that a movie was popular and a whole series of sequels followed.

King Yong-Pal Namdaemun (1970)     Dir: Seol Tae-Ho     

Yong-Pal Story (1970)                       Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Newly Employed Yong-Pal (1971)      Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal the Driver (1971)                 Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal in Trouble (1971)                   Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal the Night Watchman (1976) - Dir:Park Noh-Sik                    

Yong-Pal has Returned (1983)              Dir:Park Noh-Sik

Yong-Pal in L.A (1986)                         Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

@irilight,  Very interesting, And 6 of them with the Young Pa are all directed by Seol Tae Ho do this man have some kind of family connection that they forgot or didn't mention in the Joseon dynasty history.. Did this name become popular due to heroic efforts a person mad that mat have saved the country..       

@valsava, that is what I am wondering too.. If Yong-Pal has a significance in Korean legend or history.

Yong-Pal in the drama is the name Tae-Hyun took on for his moonlighting work.  Maybe they will tell us more in the drama why he chose this name, or was it random.

Hello all, first post here!

I found something about 'Yongpali' in Korea's history. Try searching '용팔이 사건' (Yongpali incident). Looks like this happened in the 80's, so it's not far back like in Joseon. Or there might be an earlier usage of this name.

There's a Korean wiki page about it. Using Google translate, looks like it involved politics, and words like 'gang', 'riot'. Ah, and 'Yongpali' is the nickname for a person called Kim Yong Nam. (Hmm, is this why Joo Won's character's surname is Kim?)

Hello all, first post here!

I found something about 'Yongpali' in Korea's history. Try searching '용팔이 사건' (Yongpali incident). Looks like this happened in the 80's, so it's not far back like in Joseon. Or there might be an earlier usage of this name.

There's a Korean wiki page about it. Using Google translate, looks like it involved politics, and words like 'gang', 'riot'. Ah, and 'Yongpali' is the nickname for a person called Kim Yong Nam. (Hmm, is this why Joo Won's character's surname is Kim?)

@rionae,  Thanks for the link I'll go ahead and translate it and post it.. 

Reunification Democratic Party founded disturbance events

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Reunification Democratic Party founded disturbance events are unified Democratic Party is the case one of the gangs that disturb the Statehouse Convention. Time events mastermind gimyongnam named after the nickname 'yongpalyi'syongpalyi event is also known as. This event Chun regime under the direction of Agency for National Security Planningis one of the leading political maneuvering intervention.

But in the repression of the military junta that claimed the president jikseonje amendment atmosphere increases, Shinhan Democratic Party 's Lee Min Woo governor, yicheolseung including doctors said the support for the Cabinet of the then government amendment. In a backlash Kim Young-sam , Kim Dae-jung , such as by bolting the Democratic Party Shinhan with more than 70 members of the Democratic Unification was promoted founded. 1987 April 20, from 24 April to more than 20 hooligans are unified by intruding on per district of the Democratic Party ryeoteumyeo parts, such as the riots broke the vandalism to assault the Party, which is due Statehouse Convention was held informally at a nearby restaurant or the street. Democratic Unification party from the beginning it was called for an investigation by denouncing government intervention is called a despicable political maneuvering and exactly, the investigation was not properly conducted. [1] [2] Eventually, Chun Doo Hwan regime receding Seoul Olympics is in full swing in 1988 September It was not until gimyongnam (aka yongpalyi) and the New Democratic Party at the time yiseonjun youth Zhang was arrested.The prosecution of the New Democratic Party yitaekhui , yitaekdon concluded the case as soon as possible conclude a contract indicating that Senator violence.

President Kim Young-sam took office in 1993 was to review the case, the end to prevent the emergence of a strong opposition jangsedong revealed this fact giving 500 million won to the time angibujang yitaekhui, yitaekdon Rep. [3

Well we know how and why the name Young Pal became so popular 

hi hi~ * wavering hand*

It's JooWon and i will let myself sinking into his white coat again XD 

hi sexy @mrdimples :P

now le me join into his white coat again XD 

helllllloooooooooooo @ruzikie! Almost choked at the "wavering hand* :D For a while, I was thinking if you meant "wondering hand* and the image of it running amok in white coat came to my mind. 

From Orabang to YongPal, here we come!  

hi hi~ * wavering hand*

It's JooWon and i will let myself sinking into his white coat again XD 

hi sexy @mrdimples :P

now le me join into his white coat again XD 

helllllloooooooooooo @ruzikie! Almost choked at the "wavering hand* :D For a while, I was thinking if you meant "wondering hand* and the image of it running amok in white coat came to my mind. 

From Orabang to YongPal, here we come!  

Omoooo the drama hasn't started yet but you just make me running wild xD

From autism doctor into a handsome doctor, now i want him with white coat again xD

i need to figure out what is the synopsis. I don't want to talk about the female lead heeheehehehehehe~

An encounter that took place purely in my imagination...

The 3 kimbaps stared back at him forlornly as they lay in the box, untouched.

He sighed, closed the cover and put it beside him on the bench.

He must have overindulged himself with galbi last night, not to mention all those cups of soju.

There wasn’t any hangover but his tummy is reeling from the effect.

Never mind about lunch, he will just sit there and admire the butterflies darting in and out prettily among the bushes.

“Is this seat taken?” a voice boomed out of nowhere.

Before he could answer, the stranger plonked himself into the empty space beside him.

Quietly, he shifted away from that man, he wasn’t comfortable with the close proximity.

He stared at the stranger who did not utter another word and immediately started to peel back the cover of his instant cup ramen.

The smell was terrible, the oil had gone rancid and the noodles stale but the man gulped it down like it was the most delicious meal he ever had. The ramen had most certainly expired, approximately 5 months ago.

It wasn’t long before the man finished his food and let out a sigh. Then, he turned his head, looked at him and started “You…” shifting his gaze at his name tag, “Dr Park, are you going to sit here and stare at me eating?”

Startled, he got up at once, shoved the box of kimbaps into the stranger’s face, stared at him for a while before stuttering “Sunbae, do you want to have my kimbaps?” Without waiting for an answer, he thrust the kimbap box onto that man’s lap and scurried away.

“What the …..” he heard the sunbae exclaimed loudly before he went out of earshot.

After what seemed to be a safe enough distance, he could not resist but looked back to see if sunbae was on his tail. Instead, he beheld the strange sight of sunbae gobbling down the triangle kimbaps.

So, this was the notorious Dr Kim, the amazing doctor in General Surgery whom everyone was raving about and a 3rd year resident at that! Just a little more senior than he is but he has heard of his peerless skills in the Emergency Room. A strange and indeed a very hungry man. 

inspired by my convo with @ruzikie :D

Source

Fans Astounded At Kim Tae Hee’s Beauty At Recent Drama Rehearsals

July 5, 2015

kim tae hee

Kim Tae Hee was seen practicing her script for her role in her most recent drama SBS “Yongpali”, and fans were blown away at how gorgeous she looked. Dressed in casual attire she looks like a goddess, while simply going over her lines.

Here’s the photos that are all the buzz in Korea, of Kim Tae Hee being her natural self.

item_104788_1280px_6e3c7ef28ce64947a5b37

item_104789_1280px_7ab6479a07154e1babc84

item_104791_1280px_6ac9ccd0338545f18045d

item_104792_1280px_2924170a7aeb45d6ae019

item_104793_1280px_8765f0ddb979484483410

Archived