[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 minutes ago, JYinz said:

@bebebisous33 Hiya it was you! Haha I'm sorry for forgetting to quote you, it was too far back and I can't seem to remember who wrote it. :sweatingbullets: But I definitely remember what was written lol. Thank you for your kind words and for reading till the end! I rambled on and on haha :P 

Don't worry about the cutting, I enjoyed your additional thoughts and thank you for the elaboration. It helps in bringing the message across, heh which I have difficulty doing due to my limitations in language.:lol:

Don't worry too much about your English!! My English isn't perfect either and it is definitely not my native language! pink cat

And you didn't ramble on! leaf About Richard, I wanted to add that I really liked the scene between YSJ and Richard about patriotism because it reveals that YSJ's view about being patriotic is totally different from Richard's patriotism. 

Sure, Richard is too one-dimensional in my opinion... on the other hand, it shows the corruption when foreign companies and their representants settle in dangerous countries in Africa or Asia, it is not out of generosity. There is profit behind these moves: petrol, gaz, uranium aso!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

That's actually what I think is the biggest difference between Myeong-joo and Shi-jin. The latter CHOSE to become a soldier out of his own free will, in fact going against what his parents advised him to do. I too feel that Myeong-joo became a soldier and is pursuing the general star because it's a way for her to obtain her father's approval. 

And most definitely agree with your last question there. If he was so worried about her wellbeing, he would ensure she was never in harms way. I understand he needs to be professional and worry about the entire platoon but, when he pointedly told the captain not to send anyone to search specifically for his daughter, I found myself being pretty stunned. This was the same man who disregarded his professionalism to send her daughter's boyfriend as far away as possible from her for as long as he could AND then, having him sent back to Korea when she managed to get herself transferred there. So, Lt Gen Yoon doesn't really have a good record in terms of being professional. I fear it's more like he doesn't really care all that much, as long as she' still alive and healthy to marry Shi-jin, the man HE thinks should have been his son. 

Now, I've become even more cynical: imagine, he wants her to marry YSJ and after that, if she is dead, he doesn't care. He has a son-in-law who will become a general at some point!!!;)

Sure, it is an exaggeration... however, he wants to speak to his son-in-law and doesn't speak much to his own daughter!

• Like 8

Guest ktiminie
33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Really good observation!! So far, she was the one who had always been left behind so that he can get a taste from his own medicine!

But I suspect YSJ's major flaw is that he is living too much to the moment as well ("carpe diem"). Sure, he said, he wanted to get promoted but he only spoke about it to his father. So far, he has never mentioned anything about his future to KMY. Hence I have the impression, he has never thought about what it means to have a girlfriend. He is just so in love with her that he hasn't given a thought about their future together. 

I agree. And with that I can't help but making a parallel with other famous KES writter-nim character... Kim Tan. Who chose to sacrifice and give up his brilliant future as a third generation chaebol, for the girl he liked. Will it be the same fate for Captain YSJ? Sorry, my English is very limited, but I hope you get what I mean :sweatingbullets:

I feel that YSJ will push KMY away after her kidnapping thing. He will probably feel responsible for it and will feel that his job is too dangerous. General Yoon will probably play a role in this because he won't be happy seeing YSJ not with MJ and Yoon can ruin YSJ's military future.

but I also feel that KMY this time will fight for them and won't let YSJ go 

• Like 24

Shipping is fun as long as you don't take everyhing seriously. When they have new dramas there'll be some other people who'll ship them with their co-stars. And speaking as a long-time fan of SHK, I can tell what type of man she's interested in. But I'm not gonna sit here and say they won't fall in love at all. It's their life and I know nothing about them except from what I've read on the internet or newspapers. I think it's better to just focus on YSJ & KMY here.. :)

Back to the drama, I seriously can't wait to see them take their relationship to another level. Please provide us with a lot of lovey dovey moments ok. Captain Yoo, please don't disappoint us. :D

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I feel that YSJ will push KMY away after her kidnapping thing. He will probably feel responsible for it and will feel that his job is too dangerous. General Yoon will probably play a role in this because he won't be happy seeing YSJ not with MJ and Yoon can ruin YSJ's military future.

Same thoughts! 

• Like 5

I am sure this is not normal, I am listening to the ost while my mind keep replaying most of the scenes in this drama especially the one in the MV. I am scared. I don't know how am I hoing to survive when this drama ends. I know I should enjoy it while it lasted, but the scenes just keep playing in my head. I guess, after a long time not watching kdrama, and now I'm watching a drama that I am so immersed in, with great casts and storyline along with my SJK and SHK, this is what I have to face. Should I call it pre-withdrawal syndrome? 

1) The first time YSJ met KMY at the ER

2) While waiting for surveillance video- YSJ n KMY introduced themselves 

3) Doctors don't have bf,  too busy and Soldiers don't have gf, too much hard work.

These are my favourite, cause I think first meeting/ encounter is the most beautiful thing that ever happen in one life that people tend to overlook. 

Thank you to whoever read my rambling, I just need to let this out from my system for a while, though it's not as easy as I thought it would be. 

Dots troopers fighting!!! :heart:

• Like 19

3 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

Spoiler

THAT LOOK....... THAT UNDESCRIBABLE LOOK.... 

it's a disbelief, awe, struck, lost, surrender, resigned, longing, love on the highest level look...

in his mind he's trying to collect his soul to understand the gravity of his reality..

that this beautiful human.. this Goddess.. this gorgeous angel is actually HIS now.. 

imagining all the heavenly things that they will experience in the paradise of love...

together... just Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon

:heart:

It's I-want-to-kiss-u look... kikikiki

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I feel it top, she will probably have to fight for them and show him a lot of love and support

• Like 8

I have this huge presentation coming Monday, I am this stark raving mad workaholic who suddenly finds it difficult not to replay the scenes of this drama every now and then... What has happened to me. I was thinking if I rewatch it many times may be.. Just may be I will get bored.. Guess what I was proven wrong..

moral of the story: cure for addiction is not overdosing!!!!! Yet to find a cure though

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

That's what I think/fear will happen too, especially the part of Lt Gen messing with Mo-yeon when she might already be shaken up post kidnapping AND post attempt to push her away by Shi-jin, she might already be vulnerable and creepy Lt Gen in Shi-jin Obssessed Mode is the last thing she needs. Hopefully she'll find the strength to fight for her man!

• Like 11

17 hours ago, gangurhar said:

He will probably feel responsible for it and will feel that his job is too dangerous. General Yoon will probably play a role in this because he won't be happy seeing YSJ not with MJ and Yoon can ruin YSJ's military future.

JUST MY POV....

the reason KMY will be kidnapped by ARGUS maybe about the diamond...you remember last ep. they stop digging the power plant rubble were the diamond was buried. And base on the prev. for the next ep. ARGUS  voice over said  "there's more chance to getting hurt being around a guy with a gun" while you can see the scene where ARGUS come out from his car is where KMY was taking care of a patient.

• Like 9