[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

3 minutes ago, staygold said:

It is very much real... @joongkyo just translated it... It has to be real! The editing puts us off that's all.

2 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

She's remembering it as a flashback when he was hiding out at the place and burning the photograph, she had sneaked her way there and she heard his sobbing but she knew it was something he had to go through on his own.

So, in her flashback she's covering his eyes the way in the same way he covered hers when he told her to wipe out that memory of him killing Argus. So since only the two of them witnessed Argus's death and she followed his directive , forcing that memory out of her mind and memory , she wants him to do the same.

Thanks for this!  It nearly gave me a heartattack thinking that it had not happened! 

• Like 9

@minoz_joyax well it's not just an imagination really, it's so much more. She's sort of following his orders. Killing Argus or witnessing his death is something that they both witnessed together. So what MY means is for the memory to be really completely forgotten it's not enough that she forgets it, it's equally important that SJ forgets it. Which is why she re-visists her memory of him crying while she leaned on that stone wall hearing his heart-wrenching sobbing - which is when she covers her hand over his eyes to make him forget.

After all, it's their shared memory - One cannot forget while the other remembers. This might just be the most beautiful scene ever written.

• Like 23

Haven't seen ep12 yet just read few pages back and saw some YT clips. Seems that my wish had come true. our OTP finally hugged yeahhhhhh:blush:

I guess they brought back the cute after yesterday's intense ep. The writes balances it very well every week we get one cute and one serious ep. Never had been a week were both ep are heartwrenching or both are cute and fluffy. Kudos to the writer for maintaining this pattern

So now that Argus had been killed and our OTP also didnt go down the noble idiot route what will we see for the next 4 eps????

• Like 12

Both Captain of Alpha Team and Delta Team really love writing pages of report....:crazy::crazy::crazy:

i really love today episode....I can let it slide bout the kiss scene...coz am so content with the hugging and the jealousy and the straight forward confession scene and I really love K.will song at the end....

So let buckle up for next week...wonder what happen in Dr Kang house later....;););)

p.s: did we get caught for over analys the kiss scene before that why they give us the from the Mars shooting kiss??! Ottokkkee troopers we got busted....Kikiki...just kidding...lets watch ep. 9 again...:P:P:P

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, JYinz said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbt1Jee06yY

SJ: "How's the wound?"

MY: "Yesterday was so chaotic I forgot to ask, (how is) Fatima?"

SJ: "She's doing fine, she's receiving treatment at the headquarters. Fortunately there's no complications."

MY: "Really?"

SJ: "What do you mean?"

MY: "It seems you have a habit of lying to me....the children from the village...you said they were in safe custody...but they were in the building...."

SJ: "I apologize for the lie...I just did not want to worry you unnecessarily..."

MY: "What else? What other lies have you told me? So that I won't worry"

Flashbacks to instances where SJ had not been completely honest with MY.

SJ: "No........nothing else...."

The video above starts here, 

MY: "(That's) a lie.....what is behind those lies.....now I get it....All those lies are lies which I can't questioned or fight about it, or (reasons) to break up....behind those lies are connected to someone's life, or matters of politics or diplomatic relations, issues involving national security....Your jokes are used to cover up those facts....in the future, you will continue to maintain this facade and I won't believe you....in the end we won't be able to communicate (in our relationship)...."

MY: "To me, I'll be rushing to work in the morning and be so frustrated if someone parks their car in the wrong spot, in the afternoon I'll be in a dilemma on whether to have kimchi stew or bean paste stew for lunch, get agitated when my parcel does not arrive on time....I would want to bring up all these daily trivial details in life...."

SJ: "(You can) talk about it! Whatever you say is important to me..."

MY: "I know...I believe you...but...(telling that) to a person who uses his own body to take a bullet.....I just can't bring myself to do that..."

SJ: "Are you thinking of breaking up with me?"

MY: "I'm contemplating...will I be able to handle a man like you?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPosqZJpzeg

MY: "Before this I was doing the rounds in the medicube, Lieutenant Yoon is recovering fast, I'm so glad for her...and I wanted to tie my hair up....but I couldn't find a scrunchie even after flipping the room upside down...well the  item is afterall consumable goods..."

MY: "In the future, I'll report all these trivial stuff to you....I will try my best to accommodate you...in return, you must tolerate my nagging....One more thing, promise me this...give me the right to be worried/concerned for you...for the times when you're not with me, I'm sure you wouldn't want me to be in constant fear...therefore do let me know when you have to head off to do something really dangerous...for example, 'I'm going to the mall..' I am aware of what's the situation at hand then..."

MY: "(This is) at least when you're in a battle, I wouldn't be ignorant of what's going on and laughing or joking around..."

MY: "Now one last question...me or the nation? Make sure you think carefully, I'll only ask this one time.."

SJ: "For now, Kang Moyeon."

MY: "For now?!"

SJ: "Well you did say it's a one-time question.."

MY: "That was before I heard your answer...What if I say twice?"

SJ: "Even then, (my answer) is Kang Moyeon."

MY: "Really?........What about the nation then?"

SJ: "The nation won't get jealous anyway...they trust me..."

MY: "Aishh, what sort of relationship did I step into? The nation is my mother-in-law, while the country is sister-in-law..."

HUG~~~!!!!

SJ: "Don't worry, I'll make sure those concerns you mentioned will not happen..I promise"

MY: "Who knows..."

SJ: "(You're so) lovable.."

MY: "This I know!"

:wub: yay *confetti*

OMG!!! I have stayed awake for this particular subs of this scene.....awwwww....those were lovely words from MY...and SJ's reply kyaaahhhhhh....goosebumps! Thanks @JYinz

• Like 19

Big thanks to all recaper! 

Special thanks to @jeonghyang for gif and @parisonheaven fot translation text preview! 

=====

I almost burst out laughing over the final kiss ))) They teased us so long by beautiful kiss, but what it was in fact? )))))))) so trolling ))))) 

And laughed when MY beat SJ with trick play with phone ))) 

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

@minoz_joyax well it's not just an imagination really, it's so much more. She's sort of following his orders. Killing Argus or witnessing his death is something that they both witnessed together. So what MY means is for the memory to be really completely forgotten it's not enough that she forgets it, it's equally important that SJ forgets it. Which is why she re-visists her memory of him crying while she leaned on that stone wall hearing his heart-wrenching sobbing - which is when she covers her hand over his eyes to make him forget.

After all, it's their shared memory - One cannot forget while the other remembers. This might just be the most beautiful scene ever written.

This is when she has different outfit - the pink sweater, instead of the green army shirt. 

This makes me think the part of her covering his eyes is only in her imagination.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Since the memory remains only if both or one of them remembers the incident, she tells her memory of him crying to forget that this incident ever happened.

Am I being able to convey to you just how beautiful this scene was?. I'm sorry if I'm not doing a good job....aghh....but it's really really beautiful.

Just finish watching ep 11 and 12. yap i agree with you, this scene is so beautiful :heart:. I love how this drama manage to balance all the sad and intense scene with funny one too :) . Kudo to the scriptwriter and director!

P/s: Oh yeah but if the director fail to show us a better angle of the kissing scene, I gonna take back some of director-nim kudo :phew:

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, bentley09 said:

This is when she has different outfit - the pink sweater, instead of the green army shirt. 

This makes me think the part of her covering his eyes is only in her imagination.

I know that, I meant it is much more than just her imagination. Once the subs are up maybe it'll easier to understand, it's like she used her imagination to revisit that memory to wipe out his memory. Gahh...I'm confusing you more. Once you watch you'll get it :) .. lol

@joycemay FINALLY!. Someone who got what I meant. It really was beautifully written!!!I The writing is so layered with so much depth.

• Like 12

OMG Doctor Song is hilarious!!!! I can believe that he would just simply join in the running just to give Nurse Ja-ae a look at his body and to prevent her from looking at the other guys.

I agree with the opinion of Doctor Kang that Doctor Song is awesome for doing that. I guess Doctor Song knew what he wanted and that is Nurse Ja-Ae. Of course the next episode 13 and 14 will be next week. We are drawing closer to the ending, but I feel that the director is great! He can squeeze a whole story plot into one episode.

However, I wonder what that stupid Director is going to do to our Doctor Kang. (Sighs) After all the crew is back in Korea but since she got a boyfriend that also return to Korea. It makes me scratches my head...but I am glad Doctor Kang will be giving Shi-Jin a chance and trying to figure out how to handle him.

He almost sound like a pet! @_@;

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

thank you for the explanation....but what i meant was that, that scene didn't really happen in real time like what @sanaeozora and @staygold thought it would be.... :D

• Like 12

The website is usual go is down tonite. So, now watching the RAW. I avoid reading the live recap coz i want to enjoy it fully. Even haven't watch epi11 subbed....aaaaa....:bawling: my work really took over my life nowadays..

• Like 6