Add and Subtract Game

Admin

50 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

new vegetable called winged bean.

One of my fave veggies! I buy whenever I see it sold. When I was a kid my nanny used to let me help in clean and preparing it for cooking. 

38 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

How do you cook shrimp paste there?

Er, I get the prepared, bottled sort? Very rarely though and usually I'd use it for some dishes as condiment. It really stinks when it's being sautéed, LOL!

Roasted-Vegetables_56.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

24 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Think you can check out your chinese restaurants for this dish...4 Heavenly King

haha i don't eat belachan.. cos shrimps.. and cos chili..

anne-boonchuy-amphibia.gif

cr.: owner

28 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Here's some common veg in the market...Have you eaten all?

there is one squash thats super nice when sliced thinly and stir fry with garlic.. chayote squash

538.png

42A0324.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, partyon said:

It's a pretty big honor for him to be starring together with Jeon Do Yeon in  a movie. She's a legend.

and he's also leaving his agency!

big news all around! i am excited for this pair up, since he's doing well with noonas :D also i like jeon do yeon (albeit not her latest drama, which i did finish though).... 

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

and today, i learnt of a new vegetable called winged bean.

I learn new vegetable from you too , I should try winged bean :)

i wake up early today I make myself Zaatar with tomato , onion ,olive &  ice coffee 

FAFD3315-2-BA8-4-C53-A926-0-D056-F8-D5-B

*Credit to me 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@Thong Thin Just eat inchi kabin as it is since I cant take chilis...

@sadthe1st Can check out the dish but no need to eat chingu...Lol...See if available only...Coz this dish is extremely popular here so definitely the dish should be available across the Causeway. 

Chayote is popular here among the chap fan stalls...My family usually cook in soups...

@Ameera Ali Wow! Your Zaatar looks delicious! I just checked the ingredients and sumac is interesting...

Another favourite dish of mine...Otak-otak (literally means Brains...Lol) Another Peranakan or Nyonya dish... A dish that is available across our Southeast Asian countries...

i-vjMdMSP-4K-500x500.jpg

CTO

@MayanEcho Didnt know shrimp paste is sold there too...Just wondering what kind of recipes that uses them...After watching so many seasons of Iron Chefs and culinary competitions, when I go out to eat I need to lower my expectations...Lol...Coz I somehow subconsciously behave like a judge from the moment the dish arrives...

Guess what? From Iron Chef Brazil, in one of the episodes, it was mentioned that Leaf Cutter Ants taste like Lemongrass!!! I want to try too!

leaf_cutter_ant_1170.jpg

CTO

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, agenth said:

also i like jeon do yeon (albeit not her latest drama, which i did finish though).... 

i watched this one too.. not sure if its cos of the real age gap or visual, but the pairing seems a bit off..

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@the_sweetroadI tried the game and it's pretty cool! I had to stop otherwise I'll be addicted to it! Lol...

:joy: I love how by the end, some of the words are all solved for you and you just have to type them in. Did you figure out some good words to start with? These days I start with SLOTH, CRANE, and PUDGY.

2 hours ago, agenth said:

and he's also leaving his agency!

To which agency is he switching?

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

Privacy tour going well it seems? 

My favorite part of that article is the slider that shows the "before" and "after" of the Royal website. :joy:

27 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Remembering MH370...

That was so sad, chingu. Especially given the lack of concrete findings in the aftermath. Must still be so terrible for those families :(.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 minute ago, the_sweetroad said:

To which agency is he switching?

so far as a free agent, there are no rumous about a new agency yet. 

49 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i watched this one too.. not sure if its cos of the real age gap or visual, but the pairing seems a bit off..

i just think the plot was a mess, so there was not much chemistry between the couple? like why introduce murder and the missing mom and another secondary couple in the last episodes? 

this drama would have been better as 10 episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

i wake up early today I make myself Zaatar with tomato , onion ,olive &  ice coffee 

Nom nom!

@Wuzetian Zatar with olive oil taste so nice as bread or nan dip. It's sold here by kilo, and there are different types too. I sometimes mix it with the eggs for omelette.

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Didnt know shrimp paste is sold there too...Just wondering what kind of recipes that uses them...

It can sometimes be found in exotic or foreign food section of the bigger supermarkets. Sometimes I use it as salt substitute, or something to add flavour when I cook. 

I also like chayote. 

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Leaf Cutter Ants taste like Lemongrass!!! I want to try too!

I've had ant larvae, it's a little sour, and smells really good. :)

It's so sad that MH370 crew and passengers' families and friends still do not have closure until now. 

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Privacy tour going well it seems? 

LOL, as if they didn't know their kids would have those titles when C becomes King. :rolleyes:

Prawn-Pizza_1.jpg

ctto

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@sadthe1st Think you can check out your chinese restaurants for this dish...4 Heavenly King

@Thong Thin Must be your favourite too?

I usually buy the Lei cha's paste and cook at home with my own veg...Or drink on it's own...

+ 2

any spicy foods are my favourite.

That's interesting, where you bought the cha's paste, mind to share.

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

there is one squash thats super nice when sliced thinly and stir fry with garlic.. chayote squash

i cooked this afternoon for lunch , added some "tang hoon" ( clear type of vermicelli.)

Opps !.. forgot that you can't take seafood & spicy as well.

@Wuzetian  Have you watched MH370 ?....is it good

Wait a minute, you can't take spicy as well, but but you are from Penang right?

Otak-Otak is also spicy.

@MayanEcho what is zatar and how does it taste like.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

44 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

what is zatar and how does it taste like.

It looks like this:

zaatar.jpg

ctto

The powdery mixture is made of dried oregano, thyme, and/or marjoram (woodsy and floral), with sumac (tangy and acidic) and toasted sesame seeds (nutty and rich)

(Bonappetit.com on Zaatar)

It can be salty and sour depending on the blend. :) 

This is zaatar manakish, a pie like bread with zaatar toppings:

10-1.jpg

ctto

Nom nom zaatar croissant @Ameera Ali, it's a favourite snack.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, agenth said:

i just think the plot was a mess, so there was not much chemistry between the couple? like why introduce murder and the missing mom and another secondary couple in the last episodes? 

the writer got greedy wanting all sorts of genre for the drama to be classified with.. like social problems (education system, immersed stressful students),  dark suspense from mother murder and metal balls, corruption and scandal, jealousy, bff trying to find love on her bro, birth mom came back as scammer, more scandals, proposal, continual knowledge progression..

Confused Thinking GIF

49 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

cooked this afternoon for lunch , added some "tang hoon" ( clear type of vermicelli.)

pour some egg mix in too?

41 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

you can have it too with Croissant :wub:

tagging @LeftCoastOppa since there is alot of food here!!

466 (hahaha i lost count, fortunately there is @MayanEcho)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Everyone, I have a question: a new friend just asked me if I knew what the name of this kdrama was:

The first episode starts out with a female bank robber; she and a group of people rob an important bank in Seoul. At some point she and the ML get trapped in a vault, where they learn to survive by burning money for fire and finding old food in a lockbox, etc. They also fall in love over the course of the drama. It's not the Korean remake of Money Heist...but what is it?

This new friend really wants to know the name of it so he can watch it again with English subtitles, instead of watching it on public TV in Seoul, all in Korean, while being a tourist in SK.

Does the synopsis ring a bell for anyone? B)

• Shocked 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

the writer got greedy wanting all sorts of genre for the drama to be classified with.. like social problems (education system, immersed stressful students),  dark suspense from mother murder and metal balls, corruption and scandal, jealousy, bff trying to find love on her bro, birth mom came back as scammer, more scandals, proposal, continual knowledge progression..

yeah true... at first the drama seemed refreshing, then i only finished so i wouldn't drop. and tbh Jung Kyung Ho is an acceptable eyecandy in this drama drought.... 

anticipating the glory s2 tonight!

my oppa's dramas are coming in second half of 2023. until then i am seriously starving for some drama. The currently airing ones don't really tickle my fancy.

maybe divorce attornéy shin... maybe.... 

+2

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Everyone, I have a question: a new friend just asked me if I knew what the name of this kdrama was:

Chingu, you need to post this on Dramabeans. I have NO IDEA. They are the ones normally doing detective work over at that forum.

My oppa is coming out with a new drama soon! :love: Move over @Ameera Ali! :tongue:

@LeftCoastOppa @Sleepy Owl @sadthe1st Let's form a prayer circle and hope that this ending makes more sense than Alice's. :D

• LOL 7
  • Thirsty 1