Add and Subtract Game

Admin

On 2/17/2023 at 1:02 AM, confusedheart said:
On 2/16/2023 at 8:29 PM, rocat said:

I loved hers Rock Paper Scissors and Daisy Darker.

Have you read The Silent Patient? That got m

Great! Shall start on those when I can! 

No, I haven’t read that book…I typically read American writers kekeke. 

Harlan Coben and Jeffrey Deaver usually. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

14 hours ago, partyon said:

@joccu Did you see that Choiza is getting married?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/dynamic-duos-choiza-announces-upcoming-marriage

Still remember the days when him and Sulli were dating.

no idea who this guy is but he has written a really lovely announcement. I find it very poetic and sweet. I especially like this first line -- awwww. :kiss_wink:

"I've been walking alone for a long time. I've lived believing that I will, but I met a person who's stopped me from wandering around like this."

11 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Haha....I got:

You are the main lead!

You're the star of the show. You've got the charisma and charm, and you LOVE attention, which goes well with this type of role. There is a natural aura about you that draws people in, and they need to know who you are. Go star, go!

Strange. I have no idea how the answers I chose led to this result. Maybe because I picked an enemies-to-lovers trope and Belle as a favorite Disney heroine?

same here! I didn't choose belle or enemes to lovers though. not sure how it works. of all the questions, I was most puzzled by what to choose for the breakfast question. none of the options looked interested. :sweatingbullets:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, JungAhIrin said:

The only members I had trouble telling apart (facially and vocally) at the beginning were Jin and Jimin (I think the lips had a lot to do with it :sweatingbullets:). 

I didn't really learn how to tell them apart until early 2020. :sweats:

Until then everyone had looked kinda generic to me, except for Namjoon (whom I had been able to recognize from the start). You see, there were a few really enthusiastic BTS fans on this thread, and they "forced" me to listen to all their music and learn how to tell them apart. One member even denied me food until I had passed BTS school - grade 1. Good times!

:loolz:

I learnt to tell them apart, and in early 2021 I re-entered BTS school with the kind guidance of my BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ :kiss_wink: Nowadays I pass on my knowledge to other people who want to learn how to tell them apart. @confusedheart and @rocat have e.g. also passed BTS school grade 1.

I am not gonna lie though. It took me a while to learn how to tell them apart. (Still can't believe it - I think it was their various outfits and makeup which made it hard to tell them apart in different videos). After Namjoon, Yoongi was the second member I learnt to recognize (he's kinda smol and has a unique look). Then came Jimin and Hobi.

After that Jin. I struggled the most with Tae and JK.

@JungAhIrin I wasn't a Suga bias from the start. My BTS sensei @YongZura⁷ inspired me to watch Run BTS and other videos of them, and that's how I came to know of Yoongi's exceptional personality. I am normally not drawn to cats, but Lil Meow Meow has many qualities I can definitely relate to. :wub:

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

its visit-the-dentist day!!

Dentist GIF by girardent

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

no idea who this guy is but he has written a really lovely announcement. I find it very poetic and sweet. I especially like this first line -- awwww. :kiss_wink:

Sweetie, he's one of the members of a rap group called Dynamic Duo. He was in a very public relationship with a former idol (kpop group f(x)) and actress called Sulli. They were hounded by k-netz and the press until they finally broke up in 2017.

Sulli was ostracized and cyberbullied for every single thing she did - poor girl. @joccu might remember it?

She committed suicide at the age of 25 in 2019.

:brokenheart:

A bit later that same year, her BFF idol actress Goo Hara (kpop group Kara) committed suicide at the age of 28. :heartbreak:

I still remember seeing her in Running Man a few months before - she already at that time looked like she wasn't doing that great. :tears:

So, yea.... Choiza has probably been through a lot and it's nice that he has found someone to share his life with after all of this heartbreak.

Good morning sweeties! :dorakiss:
How is everyone here the main lead and I am the comic relief?

:loolz:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

@partyon  Yeah I remember.   I never got it why they were so hounded.  Also the cyber bullying that sulli was inflicted was seriously horrendous.  The ending was so sad. :dissapointed_relieved:  Same with Hara. :dissapointed_relieved:  

I remember seeing her in running man and I thought she doesn’t look good/happy.  

Pick Up Hello GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

• Sad 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

She committed suicide at the age of 25 in 2019.

i remembered she did a friendly cameo on Hotel Del Luna.. and soon after the suicide..

mental health and depressoin are issues, still not coped as well in asia..

people are afraid of speaking out, and being judged. in both schools and workplaces..

==

eating cheese cake now..

and  in a flavor that both @partyon @joccu @larus winced at..

durian-fruit-5.jpg

cr.: owner

• Shocked 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

eating cheese cake now..

and  in a flavor that both @partyon @joccu @larus winced at

Don’t tell me it is durian :Furious:

Am watching Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey on Netflix. Holy smokes what a gross documentary.

:spitswater:

@sadthe1st Would you eat this? :blink:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoEV_5As91D/

Is this supposed to be Italian food with an Indian flair? 

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@joccu Just finished it. :spitswater:

I think I need to watch something more lighthearted now to get rid of the negative vibes from that documentary. :getmygrooveon:

What to watch though?

OMO! OMO! OMO! OMO! OMO! @Lmangla @Lmangla @Lmangla @Lmangla

SWEETIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this your YouTube channel??!??!?! :scream::scream::scream:

Either you released this YouTube video, or then whoever is the owner of this video ripped the text for Cheating Spouse from your Mydramalist review! She is using your exact words. :scream:

https://mydramalist.com/80149-pleng-bin-bai-ngiw

"It was nuts but every episode had plot; there was never a dull moment! The characters were all surprisingly well written -- they were crazy but these felt like real people. These included the minor characters as well as the second leads. They all had depth and did act well. Everything is over the top in this drama and so are the characters and situations. Ultimately, the drama shows great examples of toxic relationships. Many of the characters actually grow while some just spiral out in crazy way. Definitely an engaging watch. "

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

Which one is it, sweetie? :scream: Are you AsianFanatic? :scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

@joccu Any recommendations? Variety show? Comedy drama? Fun movie? Thai lakorn? Dorama? UK or US show?

Should I attempt to watch the new Ashton Kutcher - Reese Witherspoon movie on NF? The movie was very "Hallmark type" though.

Saw that Full House is on NF too.

I just realized that I have watched 4 of 5 Thai lakorns mentioned in the YouTube video I posted before. :D 

@rocat @confusedheart @4evrkdrama @the_sweetroad @JungAhIrin

Now we get to know why Yoongi released a lot of artsy pics in the last few months. :allgoodlol:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/bts-suga-teases-concept-for-me-myself-wholly-or-whole-me-photo-folio

xzbpjp72pyia1.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg

Also, Croatia's Eurovision song this year. :loolz:@joccu @Ameera Ali @the_sweetroad @agenth @larus

Malta's song - "he feels better in his sweater". Can't hear much singing. :blink:

Nice party hat though. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

Anyone watching Boys Planet? 

It’s a show where 98 boys, half of whom are Koreans, half foreigners, compete to debut as the next k-pop boy band. 

Several cuties in one frame at any one time. 
:gangnamstyle:

I especially enjoyed this group’s rendition of Black Pink’s song. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Is this supposed to be Italian food with an Indian flair?

this seems more like a street food.. but i don't mind trying.. without the whole lot of yoghurt right at the end!

pasta chips are nice too!

maxresdefault.jpg

26 minutes ago, rocat said:

Anyone watching Boys Planet? 

i saw a clip on IG that Seo Yul oppa appeared as guest and the contestants were in awe haha

oops.. too used to calling him that.. optimus hwang haha

==

i'm feeling hungry and its almost 1am..

image4-2.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, rocat said:

Several cuties in one frame at any one time. 

Chingu, you're into idol oppas?

Shocked Adam Sandler GIF by Saturday Night Live

Omo!

quiet tim and eric GIF

Don't tell @gm4queen - hehe

There have already been some "scandals" with regard to that show.

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/02/boys-planet-met-with-controversy-over.html

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/chinese-trainees-on-boys-planet-under-controversy-for-blatantly-ignoring-and-isolating-a-korean-trainee

@larus What's going on with your country's Eurovision entry? :scream: The ladies forgot to put on clothes.

@Ameera Ali @joccu the abs were very disappointing too. :unamused:

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1

@partyon  well i not myself a fan of kutcher but the movie look really light.  So maybe that or then have you seen NF single inferno(dating reality show).  also in NF there is run for the money (japanese reality show ft. Minho) 

Us show only light drama that I´m watching is this. 

@partyon  also this is so funny show

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:
1 hour ago, rocat said:

Chingu, you're into idol oppas

I do enjoy watching dance competitions and choreography…and eye candy

k-pop signal GIF

While I surely appreciate them, like  Sung Han Bin aka next Cha Eun Woo, I can’t bring myself to go gaga over idol groups nowadays …hehehe … 

spacer.png

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

:waves: guys!

Dropping by after some time to wave at you lovely people out there... Hope you all are doing fine this weekend! I am so working even on the weekend. Miss chatting with you guys... :heart:

The morning is still young! Have a cup of tea with some cookies. Hope it's tasty enough... :D I'll be back after work. Started watching The Heavenly Idol on Friday but only managed to watch the 1st episode. :bawling: Hope to catch up with you guys.... Thanks a lot @sadthe1st chingu for giving me the heads-up about the drama!

FpTLDXkaEAABhd9?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FpTLDW4akAAl18w?format=jpg&name=medium

Have fun! I'll see you all later... :heart:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

OMO! OMO! OMO! OMO! OMO! @Lmangla @Lmangla @Lmangla @Lmangla

SWEETIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this your YouTube channel??!??!?! :scream::scream::scream:

Either you released this YouTube video, or then whoever is the owner of this video ripped the text for Cheating Spouse from your Mydramalist review! She is using your exact words. :scream:

https://mydramalist.com/80149-pleng-bin-bai-ngiw

"It was nuts but every episode had plot; there was never a dull moment! The characters were all surprisingly well written -- they were crazy but these felt like real people. These included the minor characters as well as the second leads. They all had depth and did act well. Everything is over the top in this drama and so are the characters and situations. Ultimately, the drama shows great examples of toxic relationships. Many of the characters actually grow while some just spiral out in crazy way. Definitely an engaging watch. "

Which one is it, sweetie? :scream: Are you AsianFanatic? :scream:

uhhhhh.... I am technologically zapped. cannot even make a gif. :sweatingbullets: so no, the channel isn't mine. not sure what reaction to have that someone repeated my review. I will go for amused and enjoy my sunday. hahahhaha... :lol:

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Started watching The Heavenly Idol on Friday but only managed to watch the 1st episode. :bawling: Hope to catch up with you guys....

@partyon chingu has dropped it

Sofia Vergara What GIF

and im finding it a bit slow..

i've been watching quite a bit of videos about cave diving and cave explorations on Scary Interesting..

the Nutty Putty case was really sad..

• Like 1
  • Love 3