Add and Subtract Game

Admin

30 minutes ago, joccu said:

he sings in finnish.  this is so not my kind of music. 

The music is catchy. I can listen to this kind of music from time to time. The video matches the music and it is funny.

Thanks for a song in Finnish. I just wanted to listen to a song in many languages.

Speaking of Finnish.  I did not sleep at all last night and I was watching videos on You Tube, mostly about similarity between Romanian and other indo-european languages.

I found this video funny.

I was surprised that they did not recognized Italian. They have a lot of American Italian in US, right? Romanian was hard to guess for them, I understand that,  but it was funny how one said it is Finnish. :D

I don`t think I diferenciate Scandinavian languages. I will try to listen to all of them to see if I will do it.

+2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, larus said:

I was surprised that they did not recognized Italian. They have a lot of American Italian in US, right? Romanian was hard to guess for them, I understand that,  but it was funny how one said it is Finnish. :D

I don`t think I diferenciate Scandinavian languages. I will try to listen to all of them to see if I will do it.

I could recognize all of them correctly ! :yay: 

Now my Yourube is recommending me Finnish songs :joy:

Gonna listen to one before I go to bed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@larus @joccu I remember when visiting Romania for the first time how surprised I was to hear people on the airport bus speaking. I thought they had some kind of a weird Italian accent and thought they were all tourists from Italy until I realized that it was Romanian. 
It has a lot of similarities to Italian.

I can recognize all Central-, Southern- and Northern European (Nordic) languages. I recognize Polish, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian and Greek as well.

Not sure how well I would be able to differentiate between the former Yugoslavian countries, Bulgarian or Czech languages. Despite traveling in those countries, I don’t feel so confident recognizing the languages.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

@larus  how did they not know italian? 

I don`t know. That`s why I was surprised. When one of the woman said, It kind of sounds like Spanishy but we are talking Europe so I am thinking Portugal”.  :D Spain is in Europe too. But maybe when they spoke about "Spanis-y", they thought people from Latin America speakers?

And they recognized Portugal but she said she is from Portugal in the beginning of her presentation. :D

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not sure how well I would be able to differentiate between the former Yugoslavian countries, Bulgarian or Czech languages. Despite traveling in those countries, I don’t feel so confident recognizing the languages

The Russian is very easy to recognize. I don`t know why most people doesn`t recognize it right away.

I recognized  Czech because I used to watch when I was young a movie for children Arabela and Rumburak and it was in Czech . By elimination the other langues is Slovak. To me, Slovak is  between Polish and Czech. But you are right. The Slavic languages are hard to diferenciate. 

@joccu Thanks for the video. It was interesting and funny.

I found the the Germanic languages  hard to learn.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3