Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Min2206 ~ I always eye roll at the term bromance. I don't know why brotherhood has to be mixed with romance. plus, it annoys me that people seem to think it is some modern invention. hmmmph. people need to read more literature and discover sidekicks have always existed. the great classics are full of brotherhood and side character doing all the work but hero getting the credit. in some cases like the legend of gilgamesh, the side kick gets killed. shrug. poor fella.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

nope .. ohh .. so the word has to come from the Koreans - dramaland.. okie dokie

no , but I thought I missed a drama with girlromance :D

only thing girl romance with is handbag & oppa & food :tounge_wink:

# stop it don’t flutter my heart more 

NjQxZvI.gif

+2

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

because I am bored, here is the epic of gilgamesh, the crash course version. so those old literature classics are like makjang dramas on steroids with lots of potholes. but hey, still entertaining with a good narrator like this one!

+2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@Min2206 ~ I always eye roll at the term bromance. I don't know why brotherhood has to be mixed with romance. plus, it annoys me that people seem to think it is some modern invention. hmmmph. people need to read more literature and discover sidekicks have always existed. the great classics are full of brotherhood and side character doing all the work but hero getting the credit. in some cases like the legend of gilgamesh, the side kick gets killed. shrug. poor fella.

I like you @Lmangla I do .. and the other walking live dictionary @willenette Somehow I learn a lot from you cos I have to always have to refer to google ...  I have to be honest.  I only know Legend of the Blue Seas, dunno what is legend of the gilgamesh
gooooogling gilgamesh - ?   just learnt that mesopotamia is iraq .. whoa

Back to bromance, I get what you saying -  I guess to the K umm, u and i know who, their ancestors forbid "man-to-man" umm relationship cos it will be seen not manly (those days).  

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1

3 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla bromance where that term actually game from? do you know? I honestly don´t know. 

I  like the brotherhood/sisterhood or sibling bonding more that otp moments.  

even I wonder joccu. I think this term was created only few years ago. I find it really silly because what's wrong with brotherhood? isn't that just as important? somehow bromance seems like an insult or dilution of a great important relationship. people need brothers and sisters even if they are not directly related to you. don't get me started but for some reason, this term really annoys me :sweatingbullets:

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Back to bromance, I get what you saying -  I guess to the K umm, u and i know who, their ancestors forbid "man-to-man" umm relationship cos it will be seen not manly (those days). 

I don't know min2206. in the older dramas, you had really good scenes with the side kicks and there was a kind of deep respect for such ties. nowadays, it feels like it is often played for laughs which is weird. but in detective dramas, you see it more treated sincerely. basically the guys who have to work together to catch the bad guy, they depend on each other. it is a lovely camaraderie and that doesn't go away....

fullsizephoto1220728.jpg

+2

• Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

41 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

because I am bored, here is the epic of gilgamesh, the crash course version. so those old literature classics are like makjang dramas on steroids with lots of potholes. but hey, still entertaining with a good narrator like this one!

+2

Thanks for the crash course.  This guy can talk.   You made me went thru 13min ++ on gilgamesh.  I guess the KDramas created bromance just to hype up the ratings.  

@sadthe1st  I saw what you did 38 minutes ago

I too do this often

:lollipop:  but here only

17 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

my definition of best imaginary bromance:-

HAHAHAHAHA

Hilary Duff Laughing GIF by YoungerTV
lolllll  that was good!  @sadthe1st  Thank you ... but please don't make me laugh so loud .. its 130 am here 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2