Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

23 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Frankly, I don't mind them cutting out the tennis club scene and not include the side character stories as they were irrelevant to the OTP developing feelings for each other. I wonder though, did they include the scene where Yu Shu ends up going to the hospital and where XQ takes care of him? I personally felt that was a real turning point in Yu Shu and XQ's relationship and also made ZS realize how much XQ really cared for his family.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this.  I was away from my desk for most of yesterday and then, after work, well you know what I was doing instead.  ;) 

The only thing I missed from the tennis club incident was the part where she gets hurt and he piggy backs her.  Hehe, but otherwise, yes, I agree.  To the extent that the other stuff were always just "extra," another opportunity to demonstrate something that's already been illustrated through a different incident, it was not missed in the movie.  That's why I really didn't have any problems with how they spliced things up for movie and actually found it done well.  

As for your specific question about Yu Shu, no, they changed that part for the movie.  You'll see how, though, when I get back to working on the recap.  Taking a break for IWNLYG, of course.  ;)  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Lmangla It never occurred to me to eat icecream when I have a headache. I will have to give it a try sometime and see if it makes it go away.

@themarchioness oh yes! the piggy back was certainly nice especially since he did it in front of the girl who likes him (cannot recall her name for some reason). Interesting that they changed the hospital scene with Yu Shu but I will patiently wait to read your recap. And don't worry, I am all for recapping IWNLYG first! You know me! :D

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

@Lmangla It never occurred to me to eat icecream when I have a headache. I will have to give it a try sometime and see if it makes it go away.

headache doesn't necessarily go away but it does make the hunger part go away and so it reduces a little? or when you have bad cramps or nausea and you can't eat anything? so in those times, eating something cold works. but not complicated flavours like chocolate unless it oreo flavoured ice cream but very basic flavours. I just usually have a vanilla milkshake or vanilla ice cream and it fills up your tummy.... try it next time, may help.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness oh yes! the piggy back was certainly nice especially since he did it in front of the girl who likes him (cannot recall her name for some reason). Interesting that they changed the hospital scene with Yu Shu but I will patiently wait to read your recap. And don't worry, I am all for recapping IWNLYG first! You know me! :D

Ohh... I actually have a fair bit to say about the way they changed that moment.  Haha.  It's not terrible or anything, but I did feel like a little bit of the essence was lost... but anyway, I won't say anymore lest I spoil the spoiler!  :P  As for the name of the other girl... it's probably not as memorable because they don't use a consistent name like they do with Xiang Qin and Zhi Shu.  In the ArJoe version (which, like @lynne22, is my favorite version) the classmate rival was Pei Zi Yu.  The girl he ends up getting engaged to is Bai Hui Lan.  In the movie, her name is Sha Hui and they combine both characters into one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@themarchioness My aim today is to kill you with ZBB gifs. 

Spoiler

tumblr_owsk0yUZhV1wrsw1uo2_400.gif

@LmanglaOML!!!!!!!! They are have a third part of the goat movie!!!!! Is it available anywhere yet?!?! I want to watch it right now!!!! Omg 

• LOL 4

2 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@LmanglaOML!!!!!!!! They are have a third part of the goat movie!!!!! Is it available anywhere yet?!?! I want to watch it right now!!!! Omg  

kekeke... movie seems to be a few months old; so am sure it would be available if we look. let me know if you find it and watch it. will check it out tomorrow...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@themarchioness My aim today is to kill you with ZBB gifs. 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owsk0yUZhV1wrsw1uo2_400.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Hi.  This is themarchioness's ghost responding.  The real themarchioness has died.  She couldn't handle the amazingness and adorableness of that gif!!!!!!!!!  :wub:  LOL.

• LOL 3

@themarchioness interesting! My fave version is also the ArJoe version. But I actually loved the sequel TKA more than ISWAK. Ok, I shall wait for your recap.

@Lmangla ok i will give it a try next time. But you know, based on my experience, eating McDonald's french fries makes nausea go away. Must be all that salt. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

:heart: Just got busy with some real life stuff. Haha. I only didn't login for a couple of days and I get PMs worrying what happened to me. Hahahaha. I feel special. :heart::cookie:

That's because you are...:kiss_wink:550aaa8772f40395eea16a1e7f96bc99.jpg?b=t  Pineapple head....

@themarchioness But a certain someone is feeling all sad and lonely here, are you going to come here and pick him up or not?!?! 

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3_pW-IA1HZQHFrwdld72

@mouse007 My fav is TKA too, I mean I really liked ISWAK, but ZS kinda was a jerk at first, but in TKA, he was patience personified, he put up with all her antics and still loved her very much. Only XQ was too blind to see that. Sigh. But I really like the wedding in ISWAK though, the gender reversal and everything, who would've thought, the stoic ZS will turn into a guy who can't no to his girl. It's the best wedding I have ever seen. 

@themarchioness is there a wedding in this movie?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@kokodus Yes! ZS was so patient with her and my goodness, all those little things he would do for her without her knowing like that time she was practicing teaching late at night and ZS wakes up and doesn't find her in bed so he goes down to find her and watches her practice. And he asks Yu Shu to stop picking on her. Or that time she was supposedly going to tutor the girl who liked Yu Shu but she ends up falling asleep and ZS tutors her instead in secret. 

And how he showed her his new office and how he has kept all of the stuff she's given him including her love letter! :bawling::heart:

Even the parts where he carries her to bed or holds her while they sleep. I mean the fact that he goes looking for her when he doesn't find her beside him in bed. C'mon, THE BEST!!! Who doesn't want a ZS in real life?

• Like 2

@kokodus, Imma gonna keep 'em both next to me.  One on each side.  ;) 

As for ISWAK vs. TKA, I just think of them as one entity (same with the J-version).  And then it's just a matter of which moments do I especially love from that one super long drama.  Haha.  

There is no wedding, but there are kisses...?  Does that help?

4 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Who doesn't want a ZS in real life?

@mouse007, another drama truth is that after you've watched even a handful dramas, you're bound to end up with a harem of drama heroes... :lol:  (I mean, how can you just pick one?!)

• LOL 3

@mouse007 oh no, you are going to make me rewatch the whole TKA, aren't you?!? I ain't got time for that. Sighh. Lol. 

@themarchioness Kisses are fine. It's ok, I think they can make a sequel for this movie and include a wedding then. Haha. I'm actually quite surprised that you liked the female lead more. I'll be honest, I thought she is just going to be a pretty face. She didn't have many projects before this as well. I was worried, but hearing your praise for her makes me relieved. And Darren Wang is Darren Wang, I have absolute faith in him. I'll see when I can find time to watch the movie. Sigh. 

• LOL 3

Will you marry me, Deng Lun?

Dz32_IeU8AAsNon?format=jpg&name=large

There!!! he accepted my proposal!!! That's it. Wedding is in this spring! We invite you all, but don't expect any red envelopes. Hehehe. 

• LOL 2