Add and Subtract Game

Admin

was reading the netizen comments on song-song divorce -- wow, picture was so much more complex. it sure is going to get nasty. can anyone tell me why folks seem to be saying that she dates all her co-stars? didn't she just date publicly 2 fellas? lee byung hun and hyun bin? were there other rumoured ones?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

was reading the netizen comments on song-song divorce -- wow, picture was so much more complex. it sure is going to get nasty. can anyone tell me why folks seem to be saying that she dates all her co-stars? didn't she just date publicly 2 fellas? lee byung hun and hyun bin? were there other rumoured ones?

The media is starting a witch hunt and most of the mud slinging are directed to SHK....Is SJK has been canonized recently??? <_<

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cenching said:

The media is starting a witch hunt and most of the mud slinging are directed to SHK....Is SJK has been canonized recently??? <_<

I could not understand till I read the netizen comments. so basically, there are some reading between the fine lines -- one, his report came through a lawyer and this lawyer also apparently made a strong comment that he generally defends people who are innocent. so something to do with divorce laws in korea about how the injured party has more rights. also joong ki's words about not wanting to put blame and argue, hence, the affair rumours.

the other question is that he has gone for contested divorce instead of mutual consent. so the official statement is that he filed for contested because there was settlement that has to be arbitrated. both have lots of money. the other aspect is that he filed in the middle of his drama airing like he couldn't take it anymore. netizens are like how bad was it that he did it during the drama airing especially as he has a very easygoing image. tvn also put out a statement that it was actor's personal life and it does not impact schedule.

there are also reports that they have been living apart from september when the drama started filming. so there was trouble very early on. so netizens are also finding her excuse for not wearing a ring bogus. there was a report where the source was stated as friend -- apparently, hye ko lost lot of weight due to problems in marriage and hence was not wearing the ring.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@Lmangla

In most celebrity's divorce cases except if the men were proven unfaithful, the women were always the culprit in the eyes on the public....SongSong should had issued a joint statement in the beginning to minimized the media circus, BUT NO!! SJK was the one filling for divorce while wifey was working in Thailand (if I didn't get in wrong), so he gave an impression of wanted to be OUT ASAP hence the blames are put on her shoulders...

+2

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Lmangla

In most celebrity's divorce cases except if the men were proven unfaithful, the women were always the culprit in the eyes on the public....SongSong should had issued a joint statement in the beginning to minimized the media circus, BUT NO!! SJK was the one filling for divorce while wifey was working in Thailand (if I didn't get in wrong), so he gave an impression of wanted to be OUT ASAP hence the blames are put on her shoulders...

+2

yea, there is speculation that she may not have been willing for a divorce because of image/film commitments. so there is also this whole ring issue -- he was seen wearing the ring and doing PR image. before the drama aired, he said marriage is good and he was happy. whereas, she was seen multiple times without ring. so basically there is the thinking that this guy was passionate and tried really hard but she didn't even put that kind of effort to fake it.

so now he can't take it -- and hence, his very emotional statement. for korean netz, it looks like he was very unhappy and desperate to get out. plus, like you said before, she has a bit of cold / standoff image? whereas he has a warmer image? and he was seen as more in love with her than the other way around. apparently he was the one who wooed her and so there is the thinking that if the one who loved so intensely leaves, then something has to be wrong. so yea, it will be one media circus. but should be finished in a month once divorce comes through?

• Like 3

@Lmangla

I think their divorce process will take longer than a month since they didn't talk it over (looked like it) because they seem to have lots of joint assets, work commitments etc etc that need to be talk over...they are rich, aren't they??? I am not sure about SK's Laws too....But I saw this morning in CNN PH that they threaten lawsuit to whoever spreading false rumors about their divorce....

+2

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, there is speculation that she may not have been willing for a divorce because of image/film commitments. so there is also this whole ring issue -- he was seen wearing the ring and doing PR image. before the drama aired, he said marriage is good and he was happy. whereas, she was seen multiple times without ring. so basically there is the thinking that this guy was passionate and tried really hard but she didn't even put that kind of effort to fake it.

so now he can't take it -- and hence, his very emotional statement. for korean netz, it looks like he was very unhappy and desperate to get out. plus, like you said before, she has a bit of cold / standoff image? whereas he has a warmer image? and he was seen as more in love with her than the other way around. apparently he was the one who wooed her and so there is the thinking that if the one who loved so intensely leaves, then something has to be wrong. so yea, it will be one media circus. but should be finished in a month once divorce comes through?

The strange thing for me is he happily watched Stage Play (or maybe musical) with his film co-stars at night and then release the divorce statement next morning.

Add. I wish they release statement Like Fan Bing Bing couple. This one turns out ugly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here’s my take on it (purely speculative).  Since I am not analyzing drama I might as well analyze real life drama :huh:  SJK is known to be pretty easygoing and chilled so for him to lob a grenade like he did was out of character.

Some have said that it’s got to do with kids.  That SJK wanted kids but she wasn’t prepared to give up her career or put it on hold.  Kim TaeHee put her career on hold when she had kids with Rain.  But she wasn’t as big a star as SHK.  Whatever it was, it was a big issue.  He gave her an ultimatum and left her to “think about it”.  The separation would explain her weight loss and stress as she tried to come to a decision.  It finally came to a head and SJK was totally frustrated with her response or lack of it so he just decided, “to hell with it, I will just file and make the announcement” out of hurt, frustration and bitterness (?).  It was just the way he did it and what he said in the announcement leaving her side scrambling to respond.  Had he wanted an amicable divorce he would’ve waited and BOTH release statements at the same time?  Like Fan Bing Bing and LiChen.  SJK and SHK were obviously not on talking terms when this blew up.  This is an ugly divorce.  There will be rumors and talk for a long time.

5 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Anyone going to watch Doctor John? I might watch it haha

Me. :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jaydendoji said:

The strange thing for me is he happily watched Stage Play (or maybe musical) with his film co-stars at night and then release the divorce statement next morning.

Add. I wish they release statement Like Fan Bing Bing couple. This one turns out ugly.

at first reading it sounded strange but when I have gotten the context, it doesn't seem that strange. one of my friends went through divorce but there was trouble in her marriage for 3 years. all that time, she put up a front till she couldn't do it anymore because everyone knew about it anyway. even after people knew, she wasn't sure about the divorce. she kept waffling for months whether or not to file. finally she decided because of some incident. so sometimes, it is like there is a tipping point.

so it looks like he was trying very hard to keep up appearances (if he didn't go, people would say he was depressed and something wrong etc). something happened  or there was an emotional moment after he went home and he was like "I can't do this anymore" and decided to file.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cenching said:

@Lmangla

I think their divorce process will take longer than a month since they didn't talk it over (looked like it) because they seem to have lots of joint assets, work commitments etc etc that need to be talk over...they are rich, aren't they??? I am not sure about SK's Laws too....But I saw this morning in CNN PH that they threaten lawsuit to whoever spreading false rumors about their divorce....

+2

read it in allkpop that lawyers expect it will be wrapped up quickly in about a month. guess, the sooner it finishes, better it is. read that the drama company producing arthdal, their stock fell about 2% yesterday following the news! can you imagine a divorce affecting a stock?

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

It was just the way he did it and what he said in the announcement leaving her side scrambling to respond.  Had he wanted an amicable divorce he would’ve waited and BOTH release statements at the same time?  Like Fan Bing Bing and LiChen.  SJK and SHK were obviously not on talking terms when this blew up.  This is an ugly divorce.  There will be rumors and talk for a long time.

am not surprised that it wasn't amicable. with amicable (public anyway) breakups, there is a joint effort when it comes to handling the early rumours. so whatever cause, my take is that she didn't put in the effort to keep up appearances (the ring fiasco). she had in some sense decided it was over. he was the one left scrambling to fix the image by wearing the ring everywhere. so they weren't on the same page even when it came to keeping up appearances and dispelling the rumours. so it means it was already very bitter and angry. so how to put a joint divorce statement that would be mutually beneficial? like you said, there will be rumours and talks for long time as they were seen like this fairy tale couple.

no number

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Disclaimer- I didn’t mean to point any fingers with the SongSong divorce.  Divorce is a horrible experience.  There’s no doubt in my mind that both were guilty to a greater or lesser extent.  It takes 2 to tango.  There’s also a HUGE shame element that comes into play.  Especially in Asian culture.  It’s seen to be a massive fail.  So I don’t blame SHK (or @Lmangla‘s friend) for pretending and faking it for so long.  They were both probably hoping beyond hope that some miracle would happen and it would just all be a bad dream.  But the fact that it’s played out like it has is unfortunate.  Trial by media and netizens alike.  Their lawyers will have to speak on their behalf and fight it out for them.  To be honest I have never seen an amicable divorce.  Just as well they don’t have children.  That just makes it worse.  The mud slinging that happens in Family Court over custody is not pretty.  I have seen it firsthand.  :tears:.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

+2

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes i heard the option were bad there and my sister was worried about it.....the husband promise to get her some fans lols and i asked her do u want my hand held small fan when u are going back? :D 

Best option. You can't get any ventilators here anymore, they are sold out as soon as the first sunlight hits the ground. So fans are a good weapon of choice to beat the heat. 

It's a bit cooler now, but next week will be hard again.