Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

nah its not slap kiss drama....its a ghost stories :D 

and i love Margie Rasri after watching this series :) she is married now with twins :) 

Worse. I don't watch ghost stories as well. LOL. But it does has some good reviews. Maybe I'll add it to my list for now. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@angelangie I’m also looking for where to watch it as it’s not available on Viki

@Lmangla you make me laugh! A little bit of sugar every now and then isn’t bad! 

hahaha... there are times when I actually enjoy the old disney movies! but somehow the thai version was bit too sweet for me... kekeke.. so @kokodus will disagree but I actually think the k-version is really lovely for several reasons and maybe even better than the thai one! :P 

ignore the splotch of colourful designs and if we just focus on the characters -- there is kind of timelessness to it. even now, it is actually pretty funny. it is the sort of drama you can watch as a family and everyone finds it amusing. I watched it with my aunt last year and she found it hilarious and sweet. even watched it with my mom as well as my cousin sister years ago and they all loved it...even my brother found it amusing!... so definitely accessible to different generations

despite the comedy, there's also veins of serious issues that have a kind of melo vibe which is perfectly balanced by "that's life" kind of attitude -- so we have disappointed parents, fractured relationship between father and son, trying to figuring out your career, being so attached to a physical thing because of a memory, failing at your career, letting go of the past, the pain of rejection...

so all that stuff makes the korean full house a great balanced plate for me..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Nahhh @Lmangla I definitely don't disagree with you. I actually told her to watch the k version first. She saw my meltdown at the mention of Rain Oppa. LOL. I love everything about the k version. But it is true that it's a little campy. Because it's old. I don't know whether it has aged well. I only watched it like 3 years back or something I can't remember but I found it difficult to get past the first few eps. I almost dropped it. Somehow then continued watching and found how amazing it was. Hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, staygold said:

I cant explain. I have watched his few dramas but ... even with his huge eyes he doesn't work for me.

+2

LOL... I can understand that.... I don't watch a lot of his drama.. because his work tends to be an idol drama...

For me Mike's image, like Luhan is marketed as boyish persona whereas I usually like my male lead to be charismatic and mature.. 

Anyway, in Full House Thai and Kiss me.. his persona and chemistry with Aom totally suits the story.. so I don't really have any problem with him.. lol..

--

12 minutes to lunch..... yay!!!! 

superthumb.jpg?t=1413731030

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Nahhh @Lmangla I definitely don't disagree with you. I actually told her to watch the k version first. She saw my meltdown at the mention of Rain Oppa. LOL. I love everything about the k version. But it is true that it's a little campy. Because it's old. I don't know whether it has aged well. I only watched it like 3 years back or something I can't remember but I found it difficult to get past the first few eps. I almost dropped it. Somehow then continued watching and found how amazing it was. Hahaha. 

it has aged well in the sense that the story and characters is still very much accessible.. so me and my aunt were watching and my mom walks in right at the scene when she visits her in-laws for the first time and we get the bear song....

mom: I know this drama! watch what she does as she didn't bring a gift

aunt: gift?

mom: in their culture, they are supposed to bring gift when the visit in-laws for first time. fruits, sweets, like that.. she didn't know. she has no parents no? so no one to guide her on the customs..

aunt: oh!

cue the bear song, mom and aunt laughing hysterically... then my aunt launches into a funny story of what happened when she visited my uncle's house the first time...

so yea, definitely accessible and memorable in that sense... :)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it has aged well in the sense that the story and characters is still very much accessible.. so me and my aunt were watching and my mom walks in right at the scene when she visits her in-laws for the first time and we get the bear song....

mom: I know this drama! watch what she does as she didn't bring a gift

aunt: gift?

mom: in their culture, they are supposed to bring gift when the visit in-laws for first time. fruits, sweets, like that.. she didn't know. she has no parents no? so no one to guide..

aunt: oh!

cue the bear song, mom and aunt laughing hysterically... then my aunt launches into a funny story of what happened when she visited my uncle's house the first time...

so yea, definitely accessible and memorable in that sense... :)

Oh I loved that part too. She then becomes best friends with his grandma....haha. 

But even from your example, I can say that it can speak only to Moms and aunties generation. Younger people will definitely find certain aspects ridiculous. Lol. Because it is just soooo different from the dramas these days. He literally treats her like a servant and orders her around. I don't think many will find it cute like we do. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

This is my favorite movie of Aom.. length below 1 hour.. but the story is compact... 

It explores the theme of "what if",... I don't know with you guys.. but I always find myself in tears whenever I watch this....

She never really move on from her past.. and live a destructive life.. but finally at the end of the story.. She's finally ready for her next chapter in life. 

Btw, If anyone is interested, this YT Chanel have quite a number of good thai movie in english subs that's pretty good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

Oh I loved that part too. She then becomes best friends with his grandma....haha. 

But even from your example, I can say that it can speak only to Moms and aunties generation. Younger people will definitely find certain aspects ridiculous. Lol. Because it is just soooo different from the dramas these days. He literally treats her like a servant and orders her around. I don't think many will find it cute like we do. LOL. 

kekeke... guess we are old fashioned? my aunt actually thought it was hilarious and said "why are all men so obsessed with food?" LOL.. her reactions were pretty amusing.

she loved the female lead for her spunk and found it good that despite life's lows, she still had cheerful fighting spirit.

she had a love - hate relationship with rain and found him immature. "what is wrong with him? he got married. time to look forward. why does he run every time that stupid girl calls?"

she hated the second lead -- "what a stupid female! she doesn't even like him and she is ruining rain's life for what? because she is bored and lonely. why doesn't she get a hobby or watch tv at home?" :lol::lol: LOL...

as for the second male lead -- "he is so smart in business and is not using his brain. why does he have a crush? he knows that she loves her husband. why not use that business brain?" kekeke....

the character she felt for the most was the dad. "would any dad be happy if his son drops out of medical school in the second year? and what is wrong with a dad wanting his son to have a good future? every parent wants security for their child. acting is a very unstable profession. rain should think about what his father feels. and how can he punish his father for what happened when the sister got cancer? how was the dad supposed to react? even as father and doctor, he was still helpless..." so yea, more than the love story, she loved that father and son made up...

sometimes it is fun to watch these dramas with different generations because you get a completely different take on the same story.. .

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm back again. Hahaha

@Lmangla You are right!!! We are indeed old fashioned. BAHAHAHAHA. I like your Aunt's reactions. The whole angst because of how he went back to the 2nd female lead was stupid. I never understood why he chose her over our lovely female lead. She was a total richard simmons who lied about everything. Mehhhh. It's the same in the Thai version. Father/son angst was also neatly done imo. You might think he is some super hateful character from how Rain treats him, but he was totally nice and even becomes a father figure for our female lead. Just love how how she found a new family because of him. When they had to separate, it was more painful to see her lose the family she finally found more than the OTP getting separated. Haha. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1