Add and Subtract Game

Admin

13 hours ago, staygold said:

Terius' Sleepless Nights came close... but I dropped the drama before that. :lol:

I checked out Crazy Rich Asians! I felt the movie went by too fast!! Wasnt it 2 hours long? It was entertaining.

+2

I loved CRA. Some critics  were dissing it etc but it was so entertaining & OTT. So extra!!! Like this wedding scene :D 

Thanks @Dhakra. Okay keep me posted on honeycakes 

+2

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, staygold said:

@kokodus Now that 'WE' have married off our celebrities I have the same feeling!! :D Who is getting married next? Edit: Arjun Kapoor- malaika!!?B)

kekeke... the clothes from priyanka chopra - nick jones wedding was actually great to watch even for the guests. sometimes in weddings you see that our colours and designs are difficult for foreigners to wear as it is not made for their skin tone but here, the designers really did good job in dressing the guests up as well....

but this was my favourite outfit - a nice modern update of a folk tribal kind of design... and the colours! :D

nick-jonas-priyanka-chopra-mehendi-cerem

and P.S -- how on earth are all you people active only after i go to bed? :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

@triplem ~ the big news is that crazy rich asians bombed in china and already, many screens have removed it. kind of funny at the number of articles that is surprised. (it also bombed in hong kong as well as japan)... haven't seen it but the trailer didn't seem that interesting either...

am sort of amused by the articles though and their perplexing wonder that venom and avengers did better. umm, those are action moves. :lol: action and fantasy movies translate well across cultures but other genres are like a hit and miss...

it is like "la la land" me and my cousins went and watched it; theatre was half empty and we got tickets because other movies were sold out. our reaction ranged from boredom to kind of being confused. so after movie ended: my cousin brother says "if this was a local movie, we would have better songs, fantastic dance and actually great melo emotion." :lol: my cousin sister then said, "but it is such an old story. nothing new." :sweatingbullets: and then few weeks/months later, my cousin sister in shock said, "can you believe la la land is oscar nominated?" our collective reaction "huh????????????????????? :blink:"

• LOL 5

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

Ohhh @Lmangla C'mon it's a known fact that only the most boring movies goes to Oscar. LOL. But it's a surprise that CRA tanked in China. I thought it did better. 

it did spectacularly bad and the comments on weibo and other sites were apparently super bad that theatres actually removed it from screen the next day. basically it was a seen as a weird movie / very offensive / not funny / confusing / boring.

here is an excerpt from one article:

Variety even translated some posts from Mainland Chinese viewers on the Chinese review platform Douban: “The plot is passable, the quality of the production is also fine, but I still wanted to vomit a bit.”

“So Chinese people in the eyes of Europeans and Americans are just about clans, extravagant snobbery, a blind sense of superiority, and stubbornly clinging to outdated rules and ideas?”

and yea, I don't think I will ever understand why oscar movies are the most boring. thats why every time a channel says "oscar nominated" I make sure NOT to watch it! :lol:

• Like 4

Haha @Lmangla ok I see it now. The are offended because of how they depicted the Asians. Hmmm

Speaking of being offended and Oscar movies, it really was upsetting when they gave Oscar to slumdog millionaire which showcased India as this poor cheap dirty country. Like are they serious, Lagaan didn't win an Oscar but this movie did!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

49 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Haha @Lmangla ok I see it now. The are offended because of how they depicted the Asians. Hmmm

Speaking of being offended and Oscar movies, it really was upsetting when they gave Oscar to slumdog millionaire which showcased India as this poor cheap dirty country. Like are they serious, Lagaan didn't win an Oscar but this movie did!!!!!!

it was not just the depiction but they were just plain bored and couldn't get the humour. comedy can be hard to translate...

actually wasn't surprised that lagaan didn't win an oscar. our movies are made for us and has our sensibilities. it travels well across other cultures who share our tastes. even our national awards highlight commercial movies that entertain people -- isn't that the point of movies?

whereas oscars are filled with boring movies and I don't really understand the logic of it... slumdog millionaire is that kind of movie.... what I found hilarious was that AR Rahman got an oscar for his music for that movie. had a colleague who is a super Rahman fan and even he laughed that the music was noted because it is not his best work by any standard.....

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@Lmangla meh who cares about these awards??? We go to movies to have fun and spend time with our friends and family. Commercial mass movies are the best kind even when they have 5 dance song numbers and ridiculously fail in logic and common sense. We can go mock them, make fun of them while eating popcorn and come home satisfied. Because the truth is even though I mock Kabhi kushi Kabhi Gham or DDLJ for being over-sentimental, those are the movies that touches my heart. Sighhh sighh. 

I have always liked ARR but my mom got really furious that they went onto acknowledge him when there are some legendary composers who have been here before he was even born. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3