Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Just watched the first episode of "Girls Dance Sport" with honeycakes, so far I haven't Fairy vibes yet, but all this honeycakes screentime makes my heart go crazy. She really plays the leading role this time, the story is about her. I don't really like her role yet, but I admit that she really plays it well. 

So far it really is a teen school drama, which will be kinda hard to endure if there are no Fairy vibes ahead.

The one reason among many why I dropped pretty noona was that song that kept playing every other minute!!! Stand By Your Man. I used to love this song but this series changed that!!

Spoiler

tenor.gif

@kokodus Now that 'WE' have married off our celebrities I have the same feeling!! :D Who is getting married next? Edit: Arjun Kapoor- malaika!!?B)

Edited by staygold
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@triplem btw, I think it's so cute that your hubby watches dramas too. My hubby won't watch them :bawling: He says the men wear to much make-up, he doesn't understand the fashion and they're a little effeminate. LOLs

ahahah...my hubs is a movie and TV buff...he introduced me to k movies long before I started watching the dramas. He doesn't watch that many k dramas like me. He started his career as a movie reviewer for a national newspaper. So he really watches all sorts - including Asian ones. Actually the k movie actors don't look that effeminate :D 

@Dhakra Manhole's problem was not just the aliens ...anyhow...give me summary of Girls Dance Sports in spoiler. Why do you not like her character? By the way how was the Package? 

Lol @staygold ...i know rite...I cannot listen to the song anymore...urghhh...the female lead's character annoyed me no end ...but @mouse007 , you are right the storyline was boring...towards the end. I didn't care anymore if they ended up together or not. I just read the recaps :D 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol @staygold ...i know rite...I cannot listen to the song anymore

Terius' Sleepless Nights came close... but I dropped the drama before that. :lol:

I checked out Crazy Rich Asians! I felt the movie went by too fast!! Wasnt it 2 hours long? It was entertaining.

+2

• Like 2

@mouse007 Nothing much. Just preparing for the PG exams for next year. Planning for a long vacation at the beginning of next year. Also I'm watching Memories of Alhambra, Encounter and an anime called Code Geass. 

@staygold I thoroughly enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians. It was crazy, fun, entertaining. Lol. Have you seen To all the boys I've loved before??? It doesn't have crazy in laws and stuff, but it is one really cute movie. And yes, Arjun Kapoor is next on list I guess. He even said that he is ready for marriage in Koffee with Karan. Hahaha. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Manhole's problem was not just the aliens ...anyhow...give me summary of Girls Dance Sports in spoiler. Why do you not like her character? By the way how was the Package? 

+2

@triplemManhole's problem was the inconsistant storytelling paired with some ridicilous plotholes and decisions. It had good ideas, but went nuts with them.

The Package 

Spoiler

The Package is love and hate at the same time, I loved it's slice of life aspects,  the whole storytelling, the problems that each couple had, the setting in Paris, which sometimes felt like a traveling guide, but  was also perfect for some sweet moments at times. The drama asked itself a few interesting questions about love, marriage and long-term relationships, but also about work-life-balances and all this kind of stuff. Paired with an interesting story and not to forget, that absolutely stunning beauty of a female lead. Remember? I pretty much watched the drama just because of her.

Spoiler

200.webp package-lee-yeon-hee-11.jpg?w=450&h=252

The drama did so many stuff correct, but during each episode, it made so dumb mistakes that I can just blame on bad storytelling.

The reason why I dislike it  so much was that for the first part, the female lead acted against her own words during pretty much every episode. She was this strong, independent girl living alone in Paris, proving herself that she can live for herself and make it. Her story was so sad, she went to Paris with the man she loves, leaving everything behind and even abandoning her parents, she didn't even tell them, but when they arrived, he left her and went back to korea, because his jop was more important than her. She was dumped, the man she thought was the love of her life just left her in a blink. From that moment she decided to make it alone in Paris and never ever depend on a man again. 

So we have this strong-willed girl presented to us, that made it and is succesful and we always listen to her thoughts, just to see her act against them over and over again. And not because of some kind of big love, but instead pretty early in the drama and for no reason. Remember my rage about a scene setting place on an island? She slept with him for no reason, and on top, the male lead said to his girlfriend multiple times that he loves her so much on the phone. And the drama was full of those things.

One couple had the issue about him not having enough time for her, so she walked down the streets of Paris, asking herself so many good and interesting questions, for example if marrying so soon was correct. Over multiple episodes we could see her asking herself relevant and human questions, it was so interesting to see.

And how did they solve this plot? He bought her shoes and some similiar stuff and.....yeah....that's it. She was happy afterwards and they never touched that topic again.

And these were the moments where I quit. Why build something so interesting, and then solve it so.....dilettantish. 

The end was also so weak and unsatisfying, especially with the things I said previously. 

Dance Sport Club

Spoiler

Well we have to keep in mind that this was only the first episode, but right now honeycakes is just a young girl rebelling against her mom. She skips school, wants to see movies instead in Seoul and giving her mom a really, really hard time. I felt sorry for her mom. Her friends are not really her friends, she plays them and is kinda rude to everyone, even her teachers. She wants to go to mentioned Danceclub to be looked at and having an opportunity. 

She exposes and fools guys, lies to her teacher and well, the usual school drama stuff. But she has a lot of potential to grow and mature. Her father died early and her sister, well we don't know much about her, she works at a cocktail bar and answers phonecalls as honeycakes fake mom.

The drama itself is about a group of girls who everyone joins the club for various reasons. The club itself has to win the next competition,  otherwise the section of the school will be shut down. The club lacks members, because it is very unpopular, so  they all were accepted fast, without even having to audition. First half was more or less to introduce them individually. They are all superficial and care more about themselves than others.

I will have to see how upcoming episodes are, but at least I can say that honeycakes acts very well so far as lead.