Add and Subtract Game

Admin

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

No worries over that, the parents and rels are very adventurous when it comes to food 😆 Laksa will be nothing to them. They won't like anything raw though, but otherwise they'd be fine with almost anything.

Chingu, are you telling me they don't like salad? :scream:

Garden-Salad_47-SQ.jpg

Or sushi? :scream:

5488cf81-3383-4c50-a0b2-f3fabbf2ac55?fit

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, are you telling me they don't like salad? :scream:

Salad would be fine, they are fans of barely cooked veggies TBH. 

Sushi will be fine with Dad, but maybe not with Mum. I haven't really seen her eat one, LOL! But they occasionally eat raw fish and seafood, however they prepared it themselves.

Greek-chicken-salad-recipe-6.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sushi will be fine with Dad, but maybe not with Mum. I haven't really seen her eat one, LOL! But they occasionally eat raw fish and seafood, however they prepared it themselves.

Am sure they will enjoy the food in SG. Minus the laksa maybe :D

I eat most foods, but when I'm traveling I do tend to be quite careful as my stomach gets easily upset. I will only eat fresh food like salads and sushi in specific countries (e.g. here in Western Europe, also in Australia, NZ, Canada, Singapore, Japan etc.) I am prepared to eat salads in 5 star hotels or restaurants in some other countries too (e.g. Eastern Europe, South America, parts of Asia), but will stay away from it 100% in developing countries that have very strong bacteria.

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution. :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I eat most foods, but when I'm traveling I do tend to be quite careful as my stomach gets easily upset. I will only eat fresh food like salads and sushi in specific countries (e.g. here in Western Europe, also in Australia, NZ, Canada, Singapore, Japan etc.) I am prepared to eat salads in 5 star hotels or restaurants in some other countries too (e.g. Eastern Europe, South America, parts of Asia), but will stay away from it 100% in developing countries that have very strong bacteria.

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution

My rule when travelling is to eat only thoroughly cooked items, and would avoid salads in general. I'd only drink bottled water or sealed beverages only as much as possible, and if I'm still not sure with the food in the area, I'd have my meals from known fast food chains. 

Have you vaccinated against typhoid, or cholera, since you travel a lot? I once had a bout with typhoid due to work travel, and gosh, never again would I want to have it again!

• Shocked 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, partyon said:

The smell, the taste.... It doesn't matter how many times I've tried the dish, I still just can't.... Sorry

have you tried the laksa in malaysia?

it's a different version using assam

i don't eat laksa cos of seafood lol but no loss, cos there's plenty of other food to eat!

Black-Carrot-Cake-Recipe.jpg?resize=1024

cr.: owner

+2

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

20 hours ago, partyon said:

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution.

During the whirlwind travel a couple weeks ago I came down with food poisoning our first stop and had it all through our relative's wedding. It was not good!! Nothing like dressing up all pretty and wearing makeup for the first time in ages, and having a churning tummy and NOT being able to eat the good wedding food. :dead:

All good now, though.

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I once had a bout with typhoid due to work travel, and gosh, never again would I want to have it again!

Omo! Sounds terrible!

• Shocked 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

My rule when travelling is to eat only thoroughly cooked items, and would avoid salads in general. I'd only drink bottled water or sealed beverages only as much as possible, and if I'm still not sure with the food in the area, I'd have my meals from known fast food chains. 

I try to play it safe as well. We have excellent tap water in many parts of Europe, and it's generally healthier than the bottled kind. So in the countries with good tap water I'll always drink that.

19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Have you vaccinated against typhoid, or cholera, since you travel a lot? I once had a bout with typhoid due to work travel, and gosh, never again would I want to have it again!

OMG! :scream: Were you vaccinated? How was it compared to normal food poisoning or the norovirus?

Chingu, am not vaccinated against those. I would have to get vaccines every 2-3 years and it's just not worth the hassle. Cholera vaccine is generally not advised anyway anymore unless you're going to a country with an ongoing epidemic (which hasn't been the case for me). With typhoid I got really bad symptoms from the vaccine in pill format, so I decided to stop taking that. Nah, I have all basic vaccinations, hepatitis A and B, yellow fever, etc. And use antimalarial prophylaxis when traveling in countries where it's required (last 10 years I've only been using it in African countries).

14 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

have you tried the laksa in malaysia?

it's a different version using assam

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Am not touching laksa again :D

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

During the whirlwind travel a couple weeks ago I came down with food poisoning our first stop and had it all through our relative's wedding. It was not good!! Nothing like dressing up all pretty and wearing makeup for the first time in ages, and having a churning tummy and NOT being able to eat the good wedding food.

Noooo.... :bawling: That's horrible! You must have been miserable. :bawling:

Chingu, sorry for asking, but did you get food poisoning in the US....? :sweats:

I feel like that's where I come down with it a lot. :grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Good Vibes Fun GIF by Nora Simon

On 4/4/2024 at 7:29 AM, partyon said:

Kwakkie's not my oppa, he's my boy. I have motherly feelings for him - maybe because I've followed his career since he was a teenager. I think he was 16 when I saw him for the first time.

@partyoncan you imagine this scene if he actually had a baby😇

“Da Hye! Geon U! My son can’t go to bed if I don’t tuck him in. Please, Da Hye!”

Queen of Tears  눈물의 여왕 (2024) // Episode 8

5 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Nothing like dressing up all pretty and wearing makeup for the first time in ages, and having a churning tummy and NOT being able to eat the good wedding food. :dead:

All good now, though.

@sweetroad chingu good to know you're okey,Peace Breaking Up GIF by megan lockhart I did experience food poisoning when I was younger far worst, that's why I was extra careful what I ate especially raw foods like (the poke raw fish)

Spoiler

example poke salmon

Ponzu Salmon Poke Bowl

====

64c9fe6f17ab2dff6429649ce8bf51d9da62163d.jpg

----

@partyon :approves: with the fans

Spoiler

NXGqNFTE?format=png&name=small

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/133859/20240405/queen-of-tears-fans-plea-give-kwak-dong-yeon-happy-ending-tired-seeing-suffer.htm

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2

14 minutes ago, kingpin said:

@partyoncan you imagine this scene if he actually had a baby😇

14 minutes ago, kingpin said:

@partyon  with the fans

Awww.... You have a sweet spot for Kwakkie too? :dorakiss:

ffb65e61ca76df0bff74534a435f0837.jpg

That's my boy. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

Awww.... You have a sweet spot for Kwakkie too? :dorakiss:

I don't liked that he will end up like his role in Vincenzo and I recalled his role in Love in the Moonlight , I wish him he will soon have a major role that will fit for him🤞

e6d2f1cb870017b5c7aa14996d48f73b28e425c2.gif

----

i have to go tv land GIF by YoungerTVi need to go for my Physical exercise bye for👋 now @partyonchingu❣️

===

Awkward Drive By GIF by CBC990

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, sorry for asking, but did you get food poisoning in the US....?

Women Tell All No GIF by The Bachelor

It was a chicken and mushroom stew and the chicken looked pink as it was being served, but since it was a restaurant I thought they would've had it come up to standard temperature. Nope :(

52 minutes ago, kingpin said:

I didn't realize he died in Vincenzo and Big Mouth. At least he had a happy ending in Gaus Electronics. :D

th?id=OIP.afCS5NBBkHfNa70KljP2GAHaE8%26p

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Omo! Sounds terrible!

It was! I had up and down fever for 4 days, to the point that I was crawling because of nausea. I was sent to the hospital and stayed a couple days. And then for more than a week I had to take 3 different kinds of antibiotics every 4, 8, 12 hrs. I wasn't  really able to rest at all all those days until I finished the treatment!

@partyon I effin got the infection from the tap water that I was using for washing hands and brushing my teeth. 😣

The splitting headaches accompanying the cycle of up and down fevers were bad enough, and I also had loose stool. By 4th day my watery stool changed colour to similar to that of dried blood, which could have meant there was internal bleeding. That's when I was tested and confined.

It's been years but I only had a flare up once and luckily I didn't need confinement though I had drips for half a day.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 5

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It was! I had up and down fever for 4 days, to the point that I was crawling because of nausea. I was sent to the hospital and stayed a couple days. And then for more than a week I had to take 3 different kinds of antibiotics every 4, 8, 12 hrs. I wasn't  really able to rest at all all those days until I finished the treatment!

@partyon I effin got the infection from the tap water that I was using for washing hands and brushing my teeth. 😣

Oh my, that all sounds nasty and like such a long journey. And you also had a flare-up? Man. To think that typhoid used to be even more common. Those poor communities who had it go through them.

My husband's great-grandfather was the only surviving child when Spanish flu raged through his family farm. He lost several siblings. So sad :( . I can't even imagine what his parents went through.

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, kingpin said:

i need to go for my Physical exercise bye for👋 now

Chingu, what type of exercise do you do? I also had a gym class this morning. Feeling pooped now.

divorce GIF

Will need a lot of coffee.

14 hours ago, sweetroad said:

It was a chicken and mushroom stew and the chicken looked pink as it was being served, but since it was a restaurant I thought they would've had it come up to standard temperature. Nope :(

Tell me you were in the US without telling me 🤣

Last food poisoning I picked up was from there in January. 😬

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Holy smokes! 😱

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Seriously GIF by Mike Shinoda

Aigoo... I am glad that I refuse to brush my teeth in tap water when I'm traveling. May I ask you in which country you were traveling when this happened?

I was checking the latest vaccination recommendations, and apparently they're not recommending typhoid vaccination unless you are spending more than a month in the country where it's endemic AND you're not in a city.

Yoongi gummy smiles to cheer up everyone's day :dorakiss:

09861568fddf73d6dbab3d3f2d1125e115678e7e

18 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

My husband's great-grandfather was the only surviving child when Spanish flu raged through his family farm. He lost several siblings. So sad :( . I can't even imagine what his parents went through.

OMG! I've heard stories of this. In my country apparently villages and towns were wiped out by the Spanish flu, killing most children in school classes. Spanish flu was way worse than covid is.

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

Oh my, that all sounds nasty and like such a long journey. And you also had a flare-up? Man. To think that typhoid used to be even more common. Those poor communities who had it go through them.

The doc said that usually flare-ups can happen after few months. For me, however, the flare-up was more than 5 years from the first time I had typhoid. Doc said that my resistance was probably lowered enough to have a flare-up as I was previously recovering from mild flu.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Aigoo... I am glad that I refuse to brush my teeth in tap water when I'm traveling. May I ask you in which country you were traveling when this happened?

A country in S.E.A... was there for a week.

korean-corn-dog-recipe.jpg

ctto

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 1