Add and Subtract Game

Admin

What did I just read?!?!?! :scream: :scream: :scream:

[theqoo] 46% OF FEMALE KOREAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH PLASTIC SURGERY

1. The belief that appearance determines the future. 80% of Korean recruiters say they consider appearance.

2. 24% of all cosmetic surgeries in the world are performed in Korea.

3. 46% of Korean female college students have had plastic surgery.

The commenter who wrote: "7. Korea is unique in being overly concerned with plastic surgery and appearance, but seems other countries are the same"

Uhm... No they're not. Not to that extent.

- no number -

EDIT:
4e03f0c4e102c412d3abb5f6d6b6a0726f468f03
Looks like his soul has been sucked out of him ... :D @Ameera Ali
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Good Morning Cat GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

for 1 scenario : Better put your self defense lessons into use. You grab him and throw him over your shoulder. Bam!2960bc0a810e1ab928ca62b22275ff540a2bfa45

2nd scene:  He goes on one romantic date with you.

scene 3

I assumed confusedheart's Oppa include Cha eun woo? @partyon ,if not I need to choose somebody else oppa:kitty:

1f39c6198476b9e9985c4ed280e35dab61a18dc7

especial mention of partyon's Yoongi oppa (he's a cat - they have nine lives - he will save you even from a Truck of Doom situation)1a76a5ffe8291b6926f5da54e5da6f6c97068724

• LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, kingpin said:

I assumed confusedheart's Oppa include Cha eun woo? @partyon ,if not I need to choose somebody else oppa

How did you guess? :D

(I would have assigned him to you in the poll and given @confusedheart another oppa, but you had been away for a while so I didn't know if you were vacation).

2 minutes ago, kingpin said:

especial mention of partyon's Yoongi oppa (he's a cat - they have nine lives - he will save you even from a Truck of Doom situation

Yea, you can't vote for Yoongles either... :( You can't vote for any of your oppas - you have to choose someone else's. Let's not be like @kokodus and @Lmangla who both cheated in the poll because "they didn't read the instructions"...

Incredulous Yeah Right GIF by Nick Cannon

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

Korea is unique in being overly concerned with plastic surgery and appearance, but seems other countries are the same"

I agree that beauty/aesthetic industry in growing in my country as well. But i believe it's only restricted to actors, actresses and rich people. Common people are not aware of it and they can not afford it either. In Korea it seems it's prevalent even among common people which is actually alarming in many ways. Sighh. The concept of being more confident in your own skin is now changed. People consider having plastic surgery as being empowered. That's how it's even advertised. "Don't let anyone tell you that it's wrong. It's your body and you can do anything" I don't know how far this is going to go. 

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Let's not be like @kokodus and @Lmangla who both cheated in the poll because "they didn't read the instructions"..

I didn't understand that. I thought we should not vote only for the oppa marked against your name. Half of these oppas are my oppas. Also if we go by this logic then  @4evrkdrama can not even participate in these polls.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I agree that beauty/aesthetic industry in growing in my country as well. But i believe it's only restricted to actors, actresses and rich people. Common people are not aware of it and they can not afford it either. In Korea it seems it's prevalent even among common people which is actually alarming in many ways. Sighh. The concept of being more confident in your own skin is now changed. People consider having plastic surgery as being empowered. That's how it's even advertised. "Don't let anyone tell you that it's wrong. It's your body and you can do anything" I don't know how far this is going to go. 

People with a healthy sense of self-worth and self-confidence wouldn't care what other people think of them. People whose self esteem comes from inside oneself, and isn't based on feedback from people around you, won't be tempted to go for PS.

It's sad that social media and society has made people so reliant on feeling good about themselves based on how many likes they get or what other people think of them.

Unfortunately it seems like SK as a society places a lot of value on outer qualities instead of inner qualities.

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I didn't understand that. I thought we should not vote only for the oppa marked against your name. Half of these oppas are my oppas. Also if we go by this logic then  @4evrkdrama can not even participate in these polls.

That's why I didn't tag @4evrkdrama dongsaeng :loolz:Everyone is her oppa.

Well except for Joo Won oppa. She still hasn't managed to snatch a piece of him

Fire Elmo GIF

EDIT: Wait a second... @joccu you didn't give a share of Lee Soo Hyuk oppa either to her, did you?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

The belief that appearance determines the future. 80% of Korean recruiters say they consider appearance.

Uhm, whether we admit it or not, physical appearance matters a lot in hotel, banking, airline, or tourism industries for example. It is rare to find a front office staff or someone in sales who is not good-looking or well-groomed. 

When your looks stand out, you already have an advantage over the more average looking. This is still true in many parts of the world.

Koreans do take it further though because plastic surgery is encouraged and financed by parents. I heard it too from the Korean I previously dated, that it's part and parcel of Koreans rearing their kids if they need to.

e1243b31ad1a6d790c534a1b3a6a6597.jpg

ctto

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

@MayanEcho @Lmangla Did you see the news about Kate? 2 weeks in the hospital after abdominal surgery? That's a long time and must be something quite serious.

Also, she won't resume any activity until after Easter.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

• Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

That's a long time and must be something quite serious.

Must be one heck of major surgery to stay that long in hospital. Hope she recovers without complications. 

On the other hand, I read the other day that the late QE 2 was very miffed that her moniker was used without her permission  by you know who for their kid.

• Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Yea, you can't vote for Yoongles either... :( You can't vote for any of your oppas - you have to choose someone else's.

Sad Kitten GIF

35 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@kingpin will you be watching doctor slump :)

:approves:

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

@MayanEcho @Lmangla Did you see the news about Kate? 2 weeks in the hospital after abdominal surgery? That's a long time and must be something quite serious.

Also, she won't resume any activity until after Easter.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!

even king charles:o

in the hope that it will encourage more men to seek treatment if they have similar symptoms.

=====

ae361be916acaea57711934311e5d690220652f7

• Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

of @sadthe1st’s muscles oppa

i was quite certain you mentioned before that you would be glad to get him away from me..

Confused Maleficent GIF by Walt Disney Studios

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Koreans do take it further though because plastic surgery is encouraged and financed by parents.

lesser physical traits to detect from the same family line.

the kids will not grow up to have any striking resemblance to their parents, especially if the parents did a lot of sculpting and edits to their facial features.

model photoshop GIF by Daily Mail Online

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

lesser physical traits to detect from the same family line.

the kids will not grow up to have any striking resemblance to their parents, especially if the parents did a lot of sculpting and edits to their facial features.

Further along the line, each generation would be sporting the trending look when they had their surgery. :neutral: 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i was quite certain you mentioned before that you would be glad to get him away from me..

I take over the new one , you still stick with original old muscle oppa  :sweat_smile:

@kingpin when oppa wake up see he get default vote from you :joy:

IMG-8313.gif

IMG-8315.gif

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIT6rzvGS2ydfcVMYpd2W

17 hours ago, rocat said:

@rocher22 I would choose XZ if he were one of the choices but then he’s kinda thin :lol:

:scream:

GDtlkrdbYAAs3nu?format=jpg&name=small

but chingu, I think he is strong enough for this scenario..:D

a936e562468ee0ec3e84cd188f6f0848.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla @Ameera Ali I started on Be My dream family. I'm on the 5th ep. It's easy to watch as each ep is only less than 30 mins. This girl who is going to go to SNU, her mother has emphasized it over 100 times that she is proud of her for getting selected into SNU. She has stressed this so much that now I feel like she is not going to go. LOL  This girl's behavior is also very strange....there is definitely something brewing....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Lmangla @Ameera Ali I started on Be My dream family. I'm on the 5th ep. It's easy to watch as each ep is only less than 30 mins. This girl who is going to go to SNU, her mother has emphasized it over 100 times that she is proud of her for getting selected into SNU. She has stressed this so much that now I feel like she is not going to go. LOL  This girl's behavior is also very strange....there is definitely something brewing....

just keep watching but this girl is a classic case of book smarts. some of the things she says and does is beyond ridiculous that after a point, you just start laughing and eyerolling. she might be going to SNU but she is part of a dumb and dumber duo. :lol:

meanwhile, her brother who failed his entrance exams to uni is the smart one when it comes to emotions and handling people. 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

just keep watching but this girl is a classic case of book smarts. some of the things she says and does is beyond ridiculous that after a point, you just start laughing and eyerolling. she might be going to SNU but she is part of a dumb and dumber duo. 

It's the mother's fault. She is being too partial towards her and keeps her on her head that this girl has turned into a brat. You should keep your kids grounded. Just because she studies well she is treating her like a princess while completely ignoring her son. Usually it's the opposite, parents concentrate on kids who is slow and doesn't do well academicwise. Here it's completely reverse. But as you are saying if the son is emotionally intelligent and doesn't get traumatized by his mother and sister after all this, then he is something else. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1