Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Ah…classics :ilike:

Two other good ones I love:

The Call of the Wild by Jack London (1903)

The Chrysalids by John Wyndham (1955)

one I never did finish though I like monologues:

Ulysses by James Joyce (1922)

I was poking around my social media feeds and this came up - the oldest K-idol, Park Joon at 53.

Wut.

He was from a group called g.o.d that used to have Yoon Kye-Sang and Kim Sun-a as its members! J Park was their producer. 

g.o.d stands for groove overdose. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-FT6urOts/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Reba's fans are very fast! Except in the official Weibo of the drama, the YT official channels of Iqiyi and WeTV/Tencent do not have the final offical trailer up yet. Not even in FB or Twitter, what was posted is only the poster with release date, LOL! However, FL's fandom already did their homework and more. :relieved:

#fanslovebysubs :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

@Wuzetian @MayanEcho @SilverDawn

@rocher22 My colleague just finished Love Between Fairy and Devil and says she’s now obsessed with it. (Did you all watch the show?)

She told me all about how funny episodes 1-8 are and showed me a couple of clips, and I have to say I’m now intrigued by the emotional dynamics of this fluffy bubbly young fairy and the emotionless supreme dark lord who has to spend time with her to make sure she’s safe. :lol: 

I visted the LBFAD thread here and saw the link to the translation of the whole novel, and sent it to her, and when I left work today she was reading it!

Is it worth it to read the novel in English first? Or just dive into the show? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

@sweetroad Yes I was possessed! Hahaha! I'm maintaining the thread still till today! I only watched the drama. But some said drama version is more complete... Do join in the fun with us on cdramas! Lots of fun is waiting for you! 

@MayanEcho Waiting for you to watch this too!

Good night everyone! 

+2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

36 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

I visted the LBFAD thread here and saw the link to the translation of the whole novel, and sent it to her, and when I left work today she was reading it!

Post the link here of the novel, pls? Hehehe.

I've liked Dylan in MTD, just need to have another good break to binge watch. I think I can in a couple weeks @Wuzetian

36 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Is it worth it to read the novel in English first? Or just dive into the show? 

Either are OK with Cdramas. For me though, if I read the story first, I'm bound to feel bit disappointed if something is missing or if there's a change that didn't impress me in the drama version. I have a more fresh outlook watching if I see the drama first, but if come to know there are important details left out once I read the story, I would feel some dismay on why those scenes were cut off.

@partyon this drama you mentioned a few pages back has an FL's sister obviously after her husband. And her shoes, like blatantly saying I'll be filling your shoes (wife role)! Dang, unless there's a very grand revenge ala Soraya levels, this isn't something I can enjoy watching, LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

22 hours ago, partyon said:

Love Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (1847)

Spoiler

Yeah, Heathcliff is the OG bad boy, the one our mothers warn us against , and Catherine and he had the perfect definition of toxic relationship since 1847. :grimace:

On 5/25/2023 at 10:46 PM, partyon said:

I don't know, I didn't watch the trial. @confusedheart @agenth did. They kept me updated. :unamused:

Yup, I followed the whole thing. It was very entertaining. Addictive.  Now I keep her updated with all PH and MM gossip. She has given up on the two of them. I can't seem to let go. They are so entertaining. Never a dull moment when they are around. 

6 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@confusedheart Havent seen you for a long time...Tulips for you...

Thank you chingu. Someone  got this for us today. One day I would like to see the tulips in Netherlands and the cherry blossom trees in Japan.  

Online cheerful display of white tube roses sticks in a glass vase to Pune,  Express Delivery - PuneOnlineFlorists

Spoiler

I go so far as to think that you own the universe.
I will bring you happy flowers from the mountains, bluebells,
dark hazels, and rustic baskets of kisses.
I want
to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.

Neruda

+2

@partyon I love the poll. :kisslevel:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Brace yourself Noona ... now there's a kdrama ... :lol:

LADY DURIAN

This too much dongsaeng. :smashes:

I hope it gets smelly bad reviews. :naughty:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

this drama you mentioned a few pages back has an FL's sister obviously after her husband. And her shoes, like blatantly saying I'll be filling your shoes (wife role)! Dang, unless there's a very grand revenge ala Soraya levels, this isn't something I can enjoy watching, LOL! 

I don't think you could handle a Thai lakorn, chingu. :sweats:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

I don't think you could handle a Thai lakorn, chingu.

Maybe, cos I'm so done with dramas from hell South American telenovelas :joy: :naughty: :skull:

1 hour ago, joccu said:

Okay. So I just finished watching victim/suspect documentary in NF.  No wonder so many woman or men don’t report sexual assault.   

It's hard enough to speak of inappropriate touching or innuendos, much less assault.  :pensive: No wonder many who handle SA cases are traumatised themselves. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

@MayanEcho Yeah, with this one I’ll probably watch first. The show got so much buzz I might as well see what the fuss was about.

Here’s the link to the Love Between Fairy and Devil novel in English:

https://bananachocolatecosmos.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/demon-king-魔尊苍兰诀-table-of-contents/

@Wuzetian Thanks for the good info!

@partyon You’ve been shocked a lot today. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ehem! The amount of pink! :scream:

I thought it was a parody at first...  :sweatingbullets: but I like the main actress...:D

5 hours ago, sweetroad said:

@Wuzetian @MayanEcho @SilverDawn

@rocher22 My colleague just finished Love Between Fairy and Devil and says she’s now obsessed with it. (Did you all watch the show?)

I watched the drama because of Dylan..  :D

cf5bff8e216d82416b12ad67996b299bd7b9ae61

ctto 

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Yeah, Heathcliff is the OG bad boy, the one our mothers warn us against , and Catherine and he had the perfect definition of toxic relationship since 1847. :grimace:

this made me laugh...:lol: 

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I go so far as to think that you own the universe.
I will bring you happy flowers from the mountains, bluebells,
dark hazels, and rustic baskets of kisses.
I want
to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.

Neruda

nice...  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

the poll...my list...

- The Long, Hot Summer...William Faulkner

- And Quiet Flows The Don...  Mikhail Sholokhov 

- The Sorrows of Young Werther...J. W. Goethe

- White Nights... Fyodor Dostoevsky

- The Charterhouse of Parma...  Stendhal

- Night in Bombay..  Louis Bromfield

- An Iceland Fisherman...Pierre Loti

Love of Replica...ep 13..:wub:

FvGuwq_aAAI8Yev?format=jpg&name=360x360

FR9UVWFVUAAjzwe?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

but I'd hate to see Final Destination kind of gore.

dun forget the Saw series; lets play a game..

:wut:

the house painting is all done, beautifully too!!

im busy cleaning up the house.. i spent 2 days getting my bedroom, kitchen, toilets all cleaned up nicely.. now its left with the horrendous living room and spare bedroom where items are packed in bags before the painting and i need to get them all sorted too..

i’ll prob check back later tonite for dr cha updates!

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

14 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I read the synopsis not sure how durian came to the picture...But I do know this lady, Chen Shuting played by Gao Ye is the real "LADY"... Watch her performance...

Iqiyi

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/244a4816d35352f28e13fa499cf5e0f8.html

I wouldnt mind just watching her cut only in the drama Knockout! She's now well known as the Big Sister-In-Law with her impressive performance... 

@sweetroad Up to date, LBFAD has won many awards...Join the thread when you start watching...Many who have watched Alchemy of Souls also watched LBFAD...Both Uk and Dong Fang Qing Cang possess the blue energy...

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

17 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

According to Asianwiki there is actually a character that goes by that name ... Du Ri-An :lol:

That is hilarious. So they inadvertently named the whole drama after stinky fruit and they might not know it? :joy:

• LOL 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1