Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

@serenilmauveIf Yoo Jae Hwan comes up with new poem, then i come up with cheesy quotes when it comes to his beauty lol

9 hours ago, ivanovie25 said:

Check out to the end of the second clip..so funny :blush: 

@Anjalifairy did you catch what the PD said?

I can only catch "야, 완전 쿨하잖아"/"hey you're so cool" and he continued saying something but then Seojun cut off saying, "셔츠 보여요?"/"Can you see my shirt?" (Probably bcs the cameraman shot him too close to his face)

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

What he was trying to understand about his T-shirt? :lol:

So much thought with the T-shirt. I want to be able to read his mind :joy:

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

Seo Jun updated his IG :love: New photoshoot?;))) 

With caption "end of spamming" lol

This is definitely the kind of spamming that isn't annoying at all :love:

• Like 7

13 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

What he was trying to understand about his T-shirt? :lol:

:joy: He’s in a daze, I think he just woke up. Me watching that clip, take your time darling… it’s totally OK to take longer to decide, like really what’s the hurry.. try on more shirts if you want we’ll wait patiently  - it gives us more time to admire his gorgeous bod … :coolshades:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@ivanovie25 I missheard what the cameraman said XD I just saw Aisiteru clip, apparently he said "야, 완전 클로즈업"/"hey, it's a total close up" not "야, 완전 쿨하잖아". His pronunciation of 'close' and 'cool' sounds similar in my ears :D

18 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Park Seo Jun for ZIOZIA Fall Collection 2021

Can't believe he's 34! A total cutie :kiss_wink:

1629947809.jpg

Cr. ziozia_official IG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@ivanovie25 I missheard what the cameraman said XD I just saw Aisiteru clip, apparently he said "야, 완전 클로즈업"/"hey, it's a total close up" not "야, 완전 쿨하잖아". His pronunciation of 'close' and 'cool' sounds similar in my ears :D

Thanks @Anjalifairy :blush: cute NG..but yeah PD-Nim it's too close-up lol :D

12 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Park Seo Jun for ZIOZIA Fall Collection 2021

He looks gorgeous as usual..but i like how the video ends with his killer smile lol :D

• Like 5

*** 'What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?' was voted as the #1 Korean drama that Japanese netizens want a remake of, followed by "Itaewon Class". From August 11 to August 16, the Japanese magazine ViVi held a web survey, asking netizens which Korean drama they most wanted a remake of. ViVi is a Japanese fashion magazine. It is one of Asia's top fashion magazines and is published in Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Thailand. I love these (2) dramas. :heart:

Here are the top 10 voted dramas from the Japanese web survey:

1. 'What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?'
2. 'Itaewon Class'

3. 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God'
4. 'Crash Landing On You'
5. 'Coffee Prince'
6. 'Nevertheless'
7. 'You Who Came From The Star'
8. 'Something In The Rain'
9. 'Kill Me, Heal Me'
10. 'Start Up', 'Pinnochio', and 'My Name Is Kim Sam Soon' were tied for the #10 ranking.

1629937593-download.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Another old interview for thursday read :D

Park Seojun High Cut Magazine August 2017 Issue 'Vol. 203' Interview

high-cut-3.png

Q. In 'Kill Me, Heal Me', Shin Saegi (Jisung) warns Orion (Park Seojun), "Don't look at me with that romantic stares", but you have showed perfect 'romantic stares' in 'Fight For My Way'. You know that you're good at romance, right?
A. Haha. I hear that often. Well, i don't know. Probably i'm not the only one like that. I think why people think like that is because i've done romance acting in all my popular works.

Q. Park Seojun and Ahn Jaehong's romance stories seemed similar but also different, but how do you evaluate it?
A. Somehow Dongman and Aera have a male friend-female friend fantasy in their story. Jooman and Seolhee have realistic dialogues while argue over realistic problems. So i think it was fun to watch the whole show because two couples with different vibes came out and it created a good balance. Since i didn't have many scenes with Jooman (Ahn Jaehong) or Seolhee (Song Hayeon), i'm in the position of a viewer who would watch the couple. I said it a lot when i met Jaehong hyung at the set. "Hyung, I'll watch you on the broadcast."

Q. Do you think you can suddenly fall in love with your female friend, like Dongman did?
A. You never know what will happen to human. All possibilities are open.

Q. Do you have a lot of female friends?
A. I don't think so. Not only female friends but also male friends. It seems that my social circles has narrowed down while working in this field. There's a saying that it's difficult to meet 5 true friends in life, right?

Q. It's a successful life if you have 5 of them.
A. I know, right? Male or female, i think gender doesn't matter. It's just not easy to make a real friend. 

Q. Speaking of friends, i heard you're close to Peakboy, a hip-hop producer?
A. (Grins) Yes.

Q. Your facial expression turns bright all of sudden.
A. It's so funny that the word 'Peakboy' was suddenly mentioned. Well.. he's my friend from middle school. There are only two friends i have been close with since i was in school, and he is one of them. Since we are in the same field, we have a lot in common.

Q. Did you know this would happen when you were in middle school? That he would do music and you would act?
A. We met at a tutoring school when we were in the 3rd year of middle school. It wasn't that i studied hard but rather, my parents sent me there. They would scold me if i didn't go.(Laughs) And then we went to the same high school. After the regular class, when it's time to self-study (at night), i left school early to do acting and he left early to do music. We went all the way to the subway station and said, "Hey, good luck today", then i went to this direction, he went to that direction. He released an album a while ago, at that time i was up all night in the middle of a drama shooting. He called me and acted as if a big trouble happened and said, "Oh no, i'm so nervous," so i said, "Hang up if you're going to bother me." Hahaha.

Q. Did you give him any advice as a senior who debuted first?
A. Not long ago, he was DJ-ing at a party, and he said that people asked him for autographs and photo. Haha. There are times when i experienced similar situation. He might feel very awkward, but i told him to prepare his mind from now on. I faced such situation without any preparation, and what's worse is there was no one who could give me some advice at the time.

Q. When was that?
A. I think it was when i did a sitcom called 'Shut Up, Family'. What i still remember is a fan gave me a mug and there was a picture of me on it. It felt so weird. I started acting because i liked it. I never imagined that i would have a fan. So what happened to Peakboy reminded me of that time.

Q. So you're used to it now?
A. It's still difficult for me.

Q. Having fans is difficult?
A. I'm familiar with the faces i see often, but whenever my project does well, there will be new fans. But i keep recognizing them as 'strangers' rather than 'fans'. Ah, because they're unfamiliar, i worry about how to treat them. 

Q. It's a new point of view. Emerging strangers, you freeze. Is that what you mean?
A. I've been so shy (around strangers) since i was young. Even if i change my personality, it won't be perfectly changed i guess. I will bow and be thankful if people said, "I'm your fan." That's all i do.

Q. Some stars treat their fans friendly like their sister even when they meet them for the first time.
A. I tried, but it didn't work out for me. It's amazing to see people like that. I wonder if that's really possible. In my debut days, i was signing (for fans) and they asked me to drop honorifics when writing for them. So i was like, "Can..can i really do that? I don't think I should do that".(Laughs) I still don't know what the right thing to do, but on the other hand, i wonder if it's the right way to act friendly like that. Somehow i think there should be a certain distance between people. Ah, it's difficult.

Q. Do your fans know this personality of you? They might misunderstand.
A. It might happen, but i'm not afraid of people's misunderstanding. I always have this in mind; "Just as i can't like everyone, not everyone can like me either". Even though that's not my true intention, but how can i explain it to them one by one? However, i'm trying because i know that there are parts of my social life that i have to adapt to some degree. I can't help it. That's just how my personality is. (Laughs)

Q. In the movie 'Midnight Runners', you play as Ki Jun; a passionate man with motivation, and Kang Haneul play as Heeyeol; a perfectionist with rationality. So which one are you closer to?
A. It's a boring answer, but i think it's half and half.

Q. Not Heeyeol?
A. But i'm not as thorough as him.

Q. Do you have a sloppy side too?
A. Of course. I often forget my stuff. When i leave the house, i always return back because i left something behind. I do that too often, so when i come back, my mom is waiting for me at the door saying, "What is it this time?". 

Q. Are you a cold son at home?
A. Ha.. I can't help it. Sometimes when i have a drink with my parents, i feel a bit comfortable. But when i'm sober the atmosphere is a bit difficult.

Q. You're the oldest among 3 brothers, aren't you? What kind of brother are you?
A. Now each of us is busy with work, so we don't see each other often. But we have an affectionate relationship. When we were young, our family was in a difficult circumstance, but there was one thing that i'm grateful for (because of the situation). The whole family shared a single room, and we woke up lying on each other in the morning. I heard kids these days lock themselves in their rooms and don't come out? We have a strong bond because of those memories. I'm always worried and sorry for not taking care of them. During my school days, i tried my best not to rebel for my brothers' sake. I never once ran away from home.

Q. In the last interview with HIGH CUT, you said, "Since there are so many action scenes in Hwarang, i think my fear of action scene will disappear after this work is over".  After that, you filmed a series of works (FFMW, Midnight Runners) with a lots of action scene, right?
A. Actually, there is a significant difference between acting what i experienced and what i didn't. The tone of the action is a bit different, but i gained confidence. It's the "act" literally, so i could learn more about what i should do to show people the scene of being beaten as real. 

Q. Which one was more difficult, martial arts action of 'Fight For My Way' or survival action of 'Midnight Runners'?
A. Since it's a one-on-one action (in FFMW), you just need to keep in step with your opponent. To be honest, i felt a lot of pressure in 'Fight for My Way' because i should keep my upper body exposed. Sigh.. I loose my muscles so easily.

Q. If 'Fight For My Way' is a one-on-one action, 'Midnight Runners' is a two-on-many action where Kijun and Heeyeol compete with criminal group, right?
A. True. And the basic action was judo. In the movie, you have to choose one of the three martial arts after entering the police academy. Heeyeol chooses Kendo, and Kijun chooses Judo. That's why i mostly grab, make them fall, or sometimes i snatch them away like that... 

Q. Director Kim Joohwan said, "Kang Haneul is popular with female staff, while Park Seojun is loved by older filming director, lighting director, and other middle-aged men," do you agree?
A. It's a hard work for everyone so i try to make it as enjoyable as possible. Sometimes actors need to lead the atmosphere. If i lower my head feeling down, the whole atmosphere of the filming site will be depressed. That's why i joked around. It seems they liked it.

Q. But why is it specifically among middle-aged men?
A. I guess i get along well with older people. Haha. I try not to miss out the company get-together too. Oh, of course excessive drinking is not good for your health.

Q. From a mystery novel writer 'Kill Me, Heal Me' to the magazine's deputy editor 'She Was Pretty', a martial artist 'Fight for My Way', and a police college student 'Midnight Runners', all your characters have distinct personalities.
A.The occupation is a problem for later. I just don't like a monotonous stuff whether it's a work or a dialogue or a character. I prefer more witty or fresh work. If a character's setting and occupation are unique, "Oh, what kind of feeling should i put into this dialogue in this setting?", i would be curious like that.

Q. Still, i don't think there is a fixed image that comes to mind when i think of Park Seojun. Is this an advantage or disadvantage?
A. A lot of people talk about 'masterpiece work'. However, i doubt that it is good to be remembered by only one work. Though it can help me being loved by many people, but works that i have done were not aiming to be a masterpiece one. To me, every single work is meaningful and precious.

Q. Now that 'Fight For My Way' has been loved so much, if 'Midnight Runners' becomes a box office hit, the image of 'Youth' may be pinned to Park Seojun.
A. There is a number 3 in front of my age. Some people might doubt that i'm young (laughs) but i like that nickname. I want to age naturally. I try to express my youth as much as i can. When i get older, i will play something i can do better at that age. I think i should take care of myself more. Hahaha. 

Q. You're exactly 30 years old this year. Do you think you're a 'mature man'?
A. When i turned 30, my older friends said that life begins at the age of 40. I’ve been thinking about the term ‘adult’. We usually consider someone an adult if he/she is over 20. But i don’t think the age makes someone a mature adult because not every adult is mature enough. Yes, i'm an adult, but i don't think i'm a mature adult yet. As i've been filming, i sure feel a lot of responsibility though.

Q. What kind of responsibilty?
A. This job puts importance on people's personalities. Honestly, before, i didn't understand the idea of seeing the image before acting, and i had a feeling against it, saying, "Why should an actor set a certain image standard when he's already good at acting?". But when i experienced it myself, there were definitely people who were well influenced and comforted by the actor. Oh, i thought it's because i was young at that time. Now i think i have to accept that as well. First of all, i shouldn't do anything illegal... haha.

Q. Park Seojun, whom i have met through the interview, felt that he considers the actor as a professional job rather than a special artist. 
A. I try to separate myself into 'me in my daily life' and 'me in the field'. Otherwise, my life becomes way too difficult. It feels like a  contradiction if i live as if i am the character (i play) even though i've never been lived that way. This is often referred to as Method Acting. Actually, Method Acting is a theory that has already been shattered several times in academy. I looked for books about it and tried it, although it would be different for each actor, but it certainly didn't fit me. I prefer to use my imagination a lot.

Q. For example?
A. Let's say i'm acting as a reporter. Not all reporters work typing on their laptops. There could still be journalists writing on manuscripts. That kind of imagination? I don't want to think about such a common idea. If i think about it universally, i'll end up with bland acting.

Q. As a person with 'acting job', what is your view of your profession?
A. At first, i just started because i liked it and i still do. The reason i keep doing work is because when i take a break about 2-3 weeks after the drama/movie is over, this thought pop up in my mind: "Am i a useless person?" haha. No matter how physically difficult it is, when i go to the shooting site, i feel alive, i can socialize with people and somehow my brain works. I started for my own satisfaction, but apparently there are people who feel vicarious satisfaction through me. Usually people don't express their feelings very well. You can't cry every day, and you might not have laughed all day, but they look at me and release their unresolved emotions through me. So i should do well for these people. As an audience, i get annoyed too when i see someone acting with poor acting skills. I don't want people to feel that way when they see me acting. So there's a sense of responsibility.

Q. Responsibility as the eldest son in the family, responsibility as a leading actor in the field, responsibility as a public figure to the public, and responsibility as an actor to the viewers! You can't have such a heavy weight on your shoulders.
A. I know. (laughs) But what can I do? This is my personality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cr. High Cut August 2017 Issue 'vol. 203'
Spoiler

high-cut-1.jpg

high-cut-2.jpg

Thanks to whoever uploaded the scans to DC Gallery.

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=parkseojun&no=72665

-Translated by anjalifairy.
-Translation may contain inaccuracies.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Blob 1

You made my day, thank you so much @Anjalifairy. I was feeling a bit low, reading his interview lifted my spirits :issohappy:

He’s such a unique person, no one can be like him. Period!! He carried the whole world’s responsibility on his shoulders, no wonder he needs them to be as wide as the East Sea :joy: His brutal honesty is refreshing…about his interactions with fans - it feels like he has opened up a lot more these days, but, I totally get him at the end of the day we are all strangers - it’s not easy to warm up instantly to someone you’ve never met before in your life. That’s human (unless you are an extreme extrovert), and I’m glad he acknowledges that, but, tries very hard to reciprocate his love towards his fans despite his inhibitions. :heartxoxo:

I was watching this video to calm my nerves before moving onto reading his interview, admiring his beautiful closeup and sweet smiles  :fullofhearts:it also made me wonder how beautiful and flawless does your face have to be to bare it like that, his super short hair brings out his beautiful features even more :love:

• Like 7