[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest avocado1430291863

@Segafanlady...yeah i agree with you, i hope Ed loves th sincerely...when i saw her expression when th can read, or when th get poisoned, i think her feeling is sincere...but i do recognize her greed...when she laugh hard after sn told her the poisoning plan...even ts knew ed's ambition...woah her character is very confusing yet interesting

Guest minnie0103

sarah.lina

said:

There was an article about the premiere of 14 Days (it was the press conference),The title was if 14 days would be able to have good ratings against the Monster Empress Ki, the top comments were :

"Empress Ki is so much fun"
"Empress Ki.... these days... is so entertaining"
"Empress Ki is so addicting, i'm sorry Lee Bo Young-uniie, but i'll watch you in replay"
"Why with all the dramas airing, you have to be against Empress Ki!??! Lee Bo Young fighting"
"Oh i want to watch this drama so bad... but there is Empress Ki, how do i do???"

Guest filchiny

Episode 32 & 33: Random thoughtsSN would make a great publicist or a person working for an ad agency coz she sure knows how to spin things. They didn't get the governors to support emperor brat but she told him that it is still a win for them since he gained their loyalty."The moment I quit, I betray my country. You betray your tribe. I do it for those who follow me" WY to Batolu. This is what it is all about. As a king the first priority is the well being of your people.@ravendark, i'm sure you enjoyed the sparring exercise WY & Batolu did. i love how WY communicated his point to her in a way that would maximize the impact which is through fighting. Fan service between SN & emperor brat doesn't really bother me. But what bothers me is the way they portray SN like she is a giggling teenager. In that scene where emperor brat was fixing SN's outfit before they went hunting, they made SN act like she was feeling so flattered by his gesture. 8-| It is so out of character for her to do that.It is bad enough that empress brat is still in this series, but having her stay to exhibit more of her brattiness is just super annoying.  It was like she was was so conceited she thought WY liked her and when she found out that was not the case and instead it was her one and only rival that he liked, she had the sense to be embarrassed and decided she wants WY dead for making her lose face. She really doesn't care who lives or die. It is all about her. So this is what we have to continue to endure with her presence. Really a waste of time and stops the story from ever progressing.Will we ever see the end of ET clan?! I was really looking forward to the power struggle between ED & Bayan, fall out of Tal Tal and Bayan, strategies and counter strategies among great minds SN, Tal Tal, WY & ED. Each of them while working together now for a common goal, really have different agenda of their own. I do hope they move on from ET and develop this story line. It is funny :)) how WY & Emperor brat just allowed SN & Empress brat to drink. They were both wise in staying in the sidelines.  :)) Even in real life, when women get in an angry state like that, men would just let them be. :))

@Cherkell - 
Thanks for that trailer! Amazing how they've put that together to imply HJW's character is kicking a$$ and taking names in her quest for revenge. :|  
@briseis - Thanks for the pics! It looks like HJW really enjoys filming outside.  :D
@sarah.lina - After watching that scene a few times, I think maybe @tieuyeunu might be partially right? I know it's been discussed a bazillion times but it might be that SN is afraid  or worried about TH's reaction to not being a virgin.  :-?  Part of me thinks that's ridiculous but the other part knows I've been wrong many times before.  =))
@ChelseaS -  insomnia.gif  Why is Kim Young-ho dressed like a pimp? 
@SeGafanlady - Me too, I was disappointed when I heard Dowager becomes SN's enemy. (and I don't even remember where those rumors came from? the novel?) I do remember reading ED becomes SN's "political rival" but who knows. It's not in her character description so I'm hoping she remains friends (if not more) with SN. Besides, they're running out of time if they're going to go in that direction. 
They're also running out of time if they wish to do much with BA, TT or baby Byul, unless it's rushed. *sigh*  :-S  I expected ET, Tana and the rest of them to be gone around Ep 25 so we could move in that direction.  

Guest ravendark

@filchiny i really like his devotion for his people but thats all i like about him really. Too knightly to be true to my taste. Hehe but sparring dance and him makin his point was good idd.

To put a lil note i dont think we will see el evil tribe gone to the end thats what bothers me. All cycling plot tires me out. Story need to move on but still stalling at the same place. Two more ep with same sittuation and ill rip my hair off. Cant stand seeing TN ordering again, our team helpless against evil clan just irritates.

Want to see their fall alrady which can be in slow motion so i can enjoy and throw a party.

Guest ravendark

@Cherkell - 

Thanks for that trailer! Amazing how they've put that together to imply HJW's character is kicking a$$ and taking names in her quest for revenge. :|  

@briseis - Thanks for the pics! It looks like HJW really enjoys filming outside.  :D

@sarah.lina - After watching that scene a few times, I think maybe @tieuyeunu might be partially right? I know it's been discussed a bazillion times but it might be that SN is afraid  or worried about TH's reaction to not being a virgin.  :-?  Part of me thinks that's ridiculous but the other part knows I've been wrong many times before.  =))

@SeGafanlady - Me too, I was disappointed when I heard Dowager becomes SN's enemy. (and I don't even remember where those rumors came from? the novel?) I do remember reading ED becomes SN's "political rival" but who knows. It's not in her character description so I'm hoping she remains friends (if not more) with SN. Besides, they're running out of time if they're going to go in that direction. 

They're also running out of time if they wish to do much with BA, TT or baby Byul, unless it's rushed. *sigh*  :-S  I expected ET, Tana and the rest of them to be gone around Ep 25 so we could move in that direction.  

;

I also think thats what SN be afraid of. As concubine not being virgin can be an issue but dont think TH will give a much damn about it. Still if found out by others can be named as crime against emperor imo.

@ravendark - Agree, TH won't care but if anyone else finds out (Tana, ET, Dowager, etc.) it would mean death for SN. I just don't think the story would go in that direction at all - which makes it odd if they're suddenly showing SN being afraid about that? I really think I'm wrong and I just can't figure out what she's suddenly afraid of!  =))
Recap/Review for this week is up:HERE
santa.jpg

ravendark
 said:

I've notice that there is a lot of errors in this drama, like how El temur wrote chinese instead of mongol language. I remember watching a chinese drama during yuan dynasty, they knew how to speak han chinese, but they didn't bother to add that into their writings. So I found it funny that El temur was writing chinese and not their original language. 
and the stupid thing, they believed a guard over a consort? So she blamed him for becoming a consort, when it was her choice to become one? Bayan knew that but yet he could do nothing. ED knew that if she didn't want to become a consort, why on earth would SN teach the emperor how to read? ED didn't do anything because she was waiting for the right moment to attack again? She knows that she'd lost again to El temur. If she really care for the emperor she would nuture him even when she was raising her own son. But then again, it's all for power. 
Even if El plague aimed for SN and the emperor, he will still be punished for attempted murder, but El temur doesn't care. he still want to frame SN because she is dangerous and whenever his daughter ask, his daughter gets her way. 
I find it ridicously funny, guards are not allowed to be near consorts. Didn't they think of that? That he's not allowed to be near her, how could he know? because a maid told her? SN is very private, she would only tell her eunuch Pak, or else keep it for herself. 
Wang Yu did it, because he believe that he could protect her. While tanshiri thinks he likes her, and she kinda like her too. Right now I believe that SN will resent him forever, even if she finds her own son again. It wouldn't be the same, even if he finds out they had a son together. 
According to the royal family of mongolian, it's okay for the son to marry the stepmother, as in his father's consorts. Even if she has children of her own. 
I'm surprised, mongolians are really good at hunting. I thought they would be using real bows, not the kind that they have. And according to Chinese dramas I've seen they would send well trained assassins to kill them and get over with. These stupid guards have to lay out traps to make them not guilty and yet attack them when the traps fails, like as if they wouldn't know that they're after the emperor. 
According to the history, the emperor will be exiled to Guangxi, before he gets his full power back. During his exile to Guangxi, ED is executed. When he gets his full power back, El Temur will die. His daugher will be deposed because of Dangkise's coup, although Yuan dynasty can have countless of empress during a reign. Since she's detestable, she will be deposed anyways.  But by the look of it, it doesn't seem to happen. Since this is pretty much off the history. 
El temur shouldn't be the one who decide over the "court" even if he's regent. The way he walks around the palace shows it all, who's the real king at the palace. the rest are just powerless. Let's face it, there will always be one corrupted official in the history even now. 
I'm looking forward to SN revenge against WY too. He made her this way, El Temur and his clan made her this way. In the end, it doesn't change. 

@pegster - Oh, I'm glad you're here.  :D  What was your first thought when SN said she was afraid? The virginity issue was my very first thought but I've since gone back/forth. 
You're spot on about ED but I think the reason I'm so confused about her character is that they haven't spent enough time on her. And YES - she asked Lord Zing/Zang how many episodes ago to find out about the temple fire? :-w  It's ridiculous that nothing further has been said about it or about her suspicions regarding the baby. 
script.jpg