[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

CherKell said:And as to the use of 'doubles' for both JCW and HJW in the hunting scenes, @pegster is correct.  Doubles were used to show the backs of both of them while they were riding away from the camera... but I can't understand why, when both actors are expert equestrians in real life (and it was bloody obvious that they were on fake horses in that one scene as well, even before airing the BTS).  *scratching head*

@pegster - Thanks! I hadn't thought of that (an army that WY & crew didn't know about) It's interesting (and depressing) to think the military within the Capital isn't loyal to the Emperor. *sigh* Love reading your comments but it makes my brain work overtime.   :-S
@CherKell - "Tanabananawanna"???  =))  Why does it feel like ALL of us will show up in the thread of the next drama she does? Oh, and I marked your post "insightful" since I now know you drink on Friday nights.  :-\"  (have to start paying attention to your Friday Tweets) 
@sarah.lina - I totally forgot that, I do remember reading that he said that about his character! Of course he's going to follow whichever side is in power so if he sees ET losing and possibly being put to death - he'll jump ship. Unfortunately for him, the other side doesn't want him. *hee* I expect PBH will kill him. @ChelseaS posted the link to the new BTS on page 953 (at the very bottom) 
@petria - *raises hand* I'm one of those women who keeps her eyes open. :D  

@tessieroo : Thank you !! WTF, it's because of that the horse riding scene was kind of awkward, my favorite PD struck again #-o #-o #-o

On a side note : Empress Ki has now better ratings than YWCFTS (26%), it means that EK has, at the moment, set the record in ratings in its timeslot this year  <:-P <:-P <:-P

Guest serenity95x3

I didn't want to say this but.....
This is an Empress Ki Thread, a thread to discuss everything Empress Ki-related. This is not the appropriate place to compare and state your likeliness of your favorite actors/actresses with others. Even though it's not considered bashing, it is borderline offensive to those mentioned actors. In addition to making other Ji Chang Wook's fans look bad, it also makes him look bad. Many of the mentioned actors have been in the acting industry longer then JCW has,  considered to be his sunbaes. It is considered very disrespectful to even slightly compare oneself, a hoobae, to your sunbae. We all know JCW would not be making such comparisons because of his kind personality so we, as his fans, should not either. 
Thank you. :)>-

sarah.lina said: TOP 30 MOST SEARCHED CHARACTERS OF DRAMAS BASED ON NAVER

1st : Tanasili
(+6)  --> what did i say? :D her 1st, first
2nd : Cheon Song Yi (0)
3rd : Do Min Joon (0)

4th : Wang Yoo
(+9)
5th : Tal Tal
(+11)
6th : El Temur
(+4)
8th : Tae Hwan
(+23)

10th : Seung Nyang
(+32)
18th : Ba Gan
(+47)

24th : Batolu
(+27)
28th : Dang Ki Se
(+62)

Guest critics

@pegster said:  "As TH was leaning in to kiss her, her eyes were wide open.  Could it be that she knew he wasn't going to force her, and expecting that he'd stop.  Or was she just telling him with her eyes, don't do it!"

You just simply elaborated what I couldn't say.  Thank you.

Did anyone else notice the look on ED's face when SN said she'd take care of TH?  That was not a pleasing look, I thought she looked hostile toward SN.
Even when DS was ordering to take SN away, ED didn't look alarmed or concerned, or tried to defend SN.  
Could it mean that ED is starting to realize how much TH is willing to sacrifice for SN and is starting to put up her guards toward SN?  Or is she just simply upset that TH is in this current state because of SN?

Are the writers be spinning the wheels to prepare for the next villain now?  Does this mean the ending for ET Clan is nearing?
There's quote from Sun Tzu's Art of War (the book that SN was studying in ep.24) - '知己知彼,百戰不殆'  (Zhī jǐ zhī bǐ, bǎi zhàn bù dài.) meaning "If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win numerous (literally, "a hundred") battles without jeopardy." (found the translations from Wikipedia)
Now that they are more aware of ET's capabilities and resources, it'll be easier for them to plan out their plan of attack.  Hopefully the writers are smart enough to link these together, and make good use of TT/SN's knowledge of all these war manuals that they've studied.  Throughout the last few episodes they keep on throwing these quotes/tactics from the war manuals for SN and TT, they need to bring that further.

@pegster
I guess ED didn't think that TH was going to sacrifice his life for SN. She probably thought he was merely infatuated and an Emperor favoring one concubine over the others is just a common thing. And considering how SN has helped them, it is no surprise to her that she is favored. But when TH made this sacrifice, it made her realize that things have gone even more out of her control.

Guest serenity95x3

Okay~ So after that intense "I-want-you-but-I'll-wait-for-you" scene between Sn and Th in the tent, she walks outside and proclaims, "I'm afraid".
What is she afraid of? Afraid that her heart is slowly beating for him without her realization? Or afraid that Th is straying from their goal? :-/

serenity95x3 said: Okay~ So after that intense "I-want-you-but-I'll-wait-for-you" scene between Sn and Th in the tent, she walks outside and proclaims, "I'm afraid".
What is she afraid of? Afraid that her heart is slowly beating for him without her realization? Or afraid that Th is straying from their goal? :-/

Guest hallyurise

pegster said:
serenity95x3 said: Okay~ So after that intense "I-want-you-but-I'll-wait-for-you" scene between Sn and Th in the tent, she walks outside and proclaims, "I'm afraid".

Guest serenity95x3

ChelseaS said:

pegster said: