[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest hunterdd

sj15elf0hjw1023 said: Ehmm... 8-| ¿Why now the WY-SN shippers are calling scenes of TH & SN "Fanservice"??? :-/
Actually I do not think their scenes are "Fanservice", because all the scenes are important... I mean, for something the make, no?
Not because you have not seen such scenes in other Seaguk mean that this can not have happened...
And.. LOL, this is so INFANT! :)) :-w and I thought that WY-SN shippers were mature... *than disappointing* :| ...
And if they say that because they are jealous.. FIRST, you must not forget that this story is also a "love triangle", it means that feelings are involved on both sides, if only feelings of a part is not you could call a "love triangle" and it would also be something a little boring...

Guest adjani1430293095

@pegster: indeed if they did another pregnant and now with TH sequence but kicked out of palace.. I would be right nuts.. I mean.. WHY... just to act as a foil for the similar with WY? Completely unnecessary really... sigh ... And yes they need to sort out the El T clan soon and fast... its really getting very "old". 
I don't usually compare dramas especially completely different genres but I must say I really liked the handling of "You Came From the Stars",, they completely paced it decently, avoided a clinche.. happy ending .. but had a "they are working on it.. ending" which is pleasant without being completely nuts (considering he is an Alien!) and also resolved all the loose ends and all within 21 episodes.. So I am really really hoping the writers can continue and do a decent one with this one. I mean they had such gems here and there and the pacing.. and the acting is superb... please don't waste that all with bad writing and a circular script! 

Guest adjani1430293095

@sally_b: ahhahaa love your comments
@Cherkell: indeed.. totally heart you. I think all have roles to play and well as much as the show is about Empress Ki and her journey to becoming an empress, it is clearly TH's journey at becoming an emperor and having her as an empress of course! 
As for the other characters, WY was/is groomed as King to begin with and surrounded by loyal and faithful followers.. and er TH surrounded by the EL T clan :P The difference in how they turned up is as much that as their own inherent characteristics to begin with. :) 

Guest hallyurise

ErikaJ said: I've been debating on whether or not to start this drama because I've needed some filler time waiting for Emergency Couple. I tend to avoid dramas that are too long, and if I do start, I'm going to have alot of soompi pages to catch up on.... is it worth it?

Guest hallyurise

I wonder if Seunyang crying in the opening sequence when she sees WY is because she's sad that they can't be together, or because of something he's done? TH calls him worthless and said SY saved him, so I wonder if WY does something "bad" . It just popped in my mind when WY sided with ET this past episode. Maybe he puts Goryeo first in some decision. 
I'm also curious if the writers will still keep the novel ending where SN's heart is still with WY even after all her years with TH, given the popularity of the TH/SN couple. Granted, a show should not change its storyline for the sake of what viewers what, but given how TN is still around because she creates buzz, I can see them making TH/SN a proper endgame. 

Guest critics

@pegster said:  "The preview kind of confirms my thoughts with DS being so upset, and getting desperate to the point where she is resorting to black magic."

@PeggyM said:  "oh, and the black magic scenario....really???  Didn't they play that out in The Moon Embracing the Sun??" 

The only difference between these dramas is in TMETS, they hired a Shaman to do the black magic while in EK, well, maybe TS has inherited a supernatural power and is now personally performing witchcraft http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/63.gif  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/63.gif just to eliminate LK right away.

haaha i do pity at sn..u r rite..why she cant have a comfortable days during her pregnancy?..have to be chase out by evil ppl...alwiz end up her life being in danger..i guess sn not dare to be pregnant for the third time becos of all these bad encounters everytime she is pregnant..hahaha..hoping the 2nd delivery x in some cave/bushes/woods... =)) =))

Guest tookie18

filchiny said: Episode 32 & 33: Random thoughtsSN would make a great publicist or a person working for an ad agency coz she sure knows how to spin things. They didn't get the governors to support emperor brat but she told him that it is still a win for them since he gained their loyalty."The moment I quit, I betray my country. You betray your tribe. I do it for those who follow me" WY to Batolu. This is what it is all about. As a king the first priority is the well being of your people.@ravendark, i'm sure you enjoyed the sparring exercise WY & Batolu did. i love how WY communicated his point to her in a way that would maximize the impact which is through fighting. Fan service between SN & emperor brat doesn't really bother me. But what bothers me is the way they portray SN like she is a giggling teenager. In that scene where emperor brat was fixing SN's outfit before they went hunting, they made SN act like she was feeling so flattered by his gesture. 8-| It is so out of character for her to do that.It is bad enough that empress brat is still in this series, but having her stay to exhibit more of her brattiness is just super annoying.  It was like she was was so conceited she thought WY liked her and when she found out that was not the case and instead it was her one and only rival that he liked, she had the sense to be embarrassed and decided she wants WY dead for making her lose face. She really doesn't care who lives or die. It is all about her. So this is what we have to continue to endure with her presence. Really a waste of time and stops the story from ever progressing.Will we ever see the end of ET clan?! I was really looking forward to the power struggle between ED & Bayan, fall out of Tal Tal and Bayan, strategies and counter strategies among great minds SN, Tal Tal, WY & ED. Each of them while working together now for a common goal, really have different agenda of their own. I do hope they move on from ET and develop this story line. It is funny :)) how WY & Emperor brat just allowed SN & Empress brat to drink. They were both wise in staying in the sidelines.  :)) Even in real life, when women get in an angry state like that, men would just let them be. :))
@filchiny, I agree.

Seung-Nyang feeding TaHwan the medicine by mouth, that is exactly the how medicine was administered to an unconscious or a sick person too weak to eat or drink during that time, this was done with food also. Present day sick people are feed intervieniously when they are unconsience. Mothers would chew the food for their babies and put in their mouths. In this day and age we know that this method is not kosher, however that is how it was done in those times. Saying all of that to say this, Seung-Nyang has come a long way, she does not have the desire to kill the Emperor any longer, she has compassion for him and nothing more. She is trying to be nice, he should not expect anything else from her.

The relationship between Seung-Nyang and Ta Hwan is wrong on so many levels. Anyone that has been in a relationship like this will say that it is not beautiful but stifling, this kind of relationship suffocates. He has chased her down throughout the drama and let her know in no uncertain terms that she cannot leave and that she is his servant, he actually made these statements. He used the reference that she made regarding the baby chick, mother bird and the imprint on the shell, she used that analogy in regards to Wang Yoo.  Do not remember the exact quote. She is not his mother nor does she want to be. The entire time he has been acting bratty, crying and stomping his feet when he could not get his way with her.  Seems to me he wants her to baby him like a mother would her child. Iron willed as she is, she is human, after of long period of time anyone would succumb to that madness. She really has no choice in the matter, she is a slave and a concubine. Has absolutely nothing to do with respect and patience.

It is as though she is dead inside, absolutely no feelings for the man. Her countenance is cold, her body stiff as a board. Even if she should have sex with him, she will simply get through it and wait for it to be over. Sorry to say this but her heart and soul is not with Emperor TaHwan. She is fond of him like a brother, he should really be happy that she forgave him for betraying her.  He knows the pain in her heart, her love for Wang Yoo and Koryo. Why does he not just release her? Let her go please! If he truly loved her, he would let her go. He is making things difficult for himself by waiting for her to reciprocate his feelings, TaHwan is really wasting his and Seung-Nyang’s time also hurting himself. He truly loves Seung-Nyang with all of his heart but the feelings are not mutual, she does not have to accept his love. He has enough concubines to keep him busy for the rest of his life. I realize that he does not love the other concubines, however, he has to come to the speedy realization that Seung-Nyang does not love him either.

Just because she cared for him while he was sick does not mean that she is in love with him. It means she has compassion and does not hate him or want revenge any longer. When someone is ill it is natural to want to help them get well. Like the time when TaHwan had compassion and mercy on Empress Brat when she was groveling in the rain, he did not like her in any sense but was concerned for her health as a fellow human being. His heart was not changed toward her at all because she fainted in the rain.

Guest tookie18

Manyhx3 said: I've notice that there is a lot of errors in this drama, like how El temur wrote chinese instead of mongol language. I remember watching a chinese drama during yuan dynasty, they knew how to speak han chinese, but they didn't bother to add that into their writings. So I found it funny that El temur was writing chinese and not their original language. 
and the stupid thing, they believed a guard over a consort? So she blamed him for becoming a consort, when it was her choice to become one? Bayan knew that but yet he could do nothing. ED knew that if she didn't want to become a consort, why on earth would SN teach the emperor how to read? ED didn't do anything because she was waiting for the right moment to attack again? She knows that she'd lost again to El temur. If she really care for the emperor she would nuture him even when she was raising her own son. But then again, it's all for power. 
Even if El plague aimed for SN and the emperor, he will still be punished for attempted murder, but El temur doesn't care. he still want to frame SN because she is dangerous and whenever his daughter ask, his daughter gets her way. 
I find it ridicously funny, guards are not allowed to be near consorts. Didn't they think of that? That he's not allowed to be near her, how could he know? because a maid told her? SN is very private, she would only tell her eunuch Pak, or else keep it for herself. 
Wang Yu did it, because he believe that he could protect her. While tanshiri thinks he likes her, and she kinda like her too. Right now I believe that SN will resent him forever, even if she finds her own son again. It wouldn't be the same, even if he finds out they had a son together. 
According to the royal family of mongolian, it's okay for the son to marry the stepmother, as in his father's consorts. Even if she has children of her own. 
I'm surprised, mongolians are really good at hunting. I thought they would be using real bows, not the kind that they have. And according to Chinese dramas I've seen they would send well trained assassins to kill them and get over with. These stupid guards have to lay out traps to make them not guilty and yet attack them when the traps fails, like as if they wouldn't know that they're after the emperor. 
According to the history, the emperor will be exiled to Guangxi, before he gets his full power back. During his exile to Guangxi, ED is executed. When he gets his full power back, El Temur will die. His daugher will be deposed because of Dangkise's coup, although Yuan dynasty can have countless of empress during a reign. Since she's detestable, she will be deposed anyways.  But by the look of it, it doesn't seem to happen. Since this is pretty much off the history. 
El temur shouldn't be the one who decide over the "court" even if he's regent. The way he walks around the palace shows it all, who's the real king at the palace. the rest are just powerless. Let's face it, there will always be one corrupted official in the history even now. 
I'm looking forward to SN revenge against WY too. He made her this way, El Temur and his clan made her this way. In the end, it doesn't change. 

Ok, I'm getting tired of this drama.  I'll watch it to the end but I'm now to the point of thinking it should have been a good bit shorter.  I am so sick of El Temur, the smirking empress and Yom the Scum and of seeing all the bad guys coming back.  Seriously, this needs to pick up and soon.

Guest tookie18

@Manyhx3,

Something happened to the post above, just want to make sure you get this.

All I can WOW! You really educated me today. Thank you for the history lesson, I love history.  The Mongols traveled across the Bering Strait, the land bridge. They traveled through  Alaska over thousands of years throughout the Americas Many Native Americans are descended from the Mongols.

You guys do know that if you make a mistake in any of these Forums, you can edit your own posts?  See that little gear icon in the upper right-hand side of your post?

SoompiEditButton_zps67df7114.jpg

If you click the gear icon, a drop-down will appear.  Click that, and a text box will pop up allowing you to go in and revise a previously-submitted post.  That way, if Soompi or your own computing devices burp again, you can fix things straightaway.  :D