[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

PeggyM said: I honestly don't think she will ever tell him and that she will take it to her grave.  I think she cares for him too much to divulge that information, because it would seriously crush him and she has been working so hard to build him up.  Instead, I think she will do everything in her power to watch over and protect Byul and thereby making herself look even more strong, in his eyes, for caring so much for "his son".  I think someone mentioned on here some time ago about it almost being her ultimate revenge on the Yuan people, by having WY's son as crown prince and heir to the throne.  I think this may have some substance to it.  

@pegster - Ahhh, I thought of that one too (her heart wavering) since she immediately snapped at him to focus on gaining his Emperor's seal back. That was her way of deflecting anything she was feeling and also a way to remind herself to stay focused. :-bd  Agree, when they showed TH waking up at the end (which is why I wasn't too worried) I guessed he would rush to the hall and give testimony defending the Eunuchs and SN which will send Tana off into crazyville again. 
@PeggyM - That's what I'm hearing from everyone, without a bit of suspense or tension this would be boring. But when it's 1 tiny step forward and 5 huge steps backwards? myword.gif  The Tana character started irritating me back in week 7, so one-dimensional. There's just nothing to like or any hope of redemption.  
@palilsan - I got the impression that WY "gave testimony" because he learned ET ordered the military to be on stand by? I don't think BA, TT or any of them are ready for that - they don't have enough trained forces yet. Was it TT who said they needed to delay one day? So I don't think it was to save anyone's life but just to delay their plans to take ET down but I could be completely wrong. I think I need to watch it again. =))
weave.jpg

tucci said: I think that when SN will become Empress, TN will still be primary empress, in place of the historic Bayan's niece, just to make things simpler for the audience.

About WY and the fact that TH says to him SN saved him, I think It's something TH tells him privately. Probabily because TH has come to know that Byul is their son and sleeping with a palace maid wasn't allowed! So, (probably) SN begged TH not to harm WY  by keeping the matter a secret and he agrees.

Guest ravendark

tucci said: I think that when SN will become Empress, TN will still be primary empress, in place of the historic Bayan's niece, just to make things simpler for the audience.

About WY and the fact that TH says to him SN saved him, I think It's something TH tells him privately. Probabily because TH has come to know that Byul is their son and sleeping with a palace maid wasn't allowed! So, (probably) SN begged TH not to harm WY  by keeping the matter a secret and he agrees.

Am I only the only being disappointed by the developpement of SN's character?, after watching the last two episodes, it seems like SN lost half of her brain cells, she was even being caught unawares by ET schemings, while Jeom Bak, Moo Song and EB saw the soldiers laying many traps throughout the night. (she would be dead already without their help) #-o #-o #-o
She was like, "yeah, i have threatened ET the day before, but today, i will hunt peacefully even after ET said that I have his attention
". #-o #-o #-o

When she came back in the palace to be a concubine, i was like yeah, more political scheming, more girl power... after 10 episodes... nada, always the same thing, they are draggin' too much on the "romance" for nothing, i want to see her kicking some a** instead of that, i'm watching a mother who lost her son gigglying other some frivolities #-o #-o #-o

And now i hear that they are casting one kid and one baby, my first reaction was : "Why didn't they let the oh-la-la happen in E33????", we don't have time to watch "kiss or not to kiss that's the cliffhanger", we are in E34 now and ET clan is alive and kicking, just because of those fillers.

The title of this drama is Empress Ki but SN feels like the second mainlead, WY is not only doing the schemings but the battle scenes too, she didn't do anything the past 10 episodes, just following TT advices that he has received from WY and TH has too much screentime which half of it serves no purposes. i hope they will let the "brainy" SN of the first episodes coming back because i miss her  \m/ \m/ \m/

Guest ravendark

sarah.lina said: Am I only the only being disappointed by the developpement of SN's character?, after watching the last two episodes, it seems like SN lost half of her brain cells, she was even being caught unawares by ET schemings, while Jeom Bak, Moo Song and EB saw the soldiers laying many traps throughout the night. (she would be dead already without their help) #-o #-o #-o
She was like, "yeah, i have threatened ET the day before, but today, i will hunt peacefully even after ET said that I have his attention
". #-o #-o #-o

When she came back in the palace to be a concubine, i was like yeah, more political scheming, more girl power... after 10 episodes... nada, always the same thing, they are draggin' too much on the "romance" for nothing, i want to see her kicking some a** instead of that, i'm watching a mother who lost her son gigglying other some frivolities #-o #-o #-o

And now i hear that they are casting one kid and one baby, my first reaction was : "Why didn't they let the oh-la-la happen in E33????", we don't have time to watch "kiss or not to kiss that's the cliffhanger", we are in E34 now and ET clan is alive and kicking, just because of those fillers.

The title of this drama is Empress Ki but SN feels like the second mainlead, WY is not only doing the schemings but the battle scenes too, she didn't do anything the past 10 episodes, just following TT advices that he has received from WY, i hope they will let the "brainy" SN of the first episodes come back because i miss her  \m/ \m/ \m/

sarah.lina said:
The title of this drama is Empress Ki but SN feels like the second mainlead, WY is not only doing the schemings but the battle scenes too, she didn't do anything the past 10 episodes, just following TT advices that he has received from WY, i hope they will let the "brainy" SN of the first episodes coming back because i miss her  \m/ \m/ \m/

@ravendark : Naaah because even if WY does everything he has only fruitful screentime, however, the purpose of SN these past episodes is to please viewers with some fanservices scenes, just for the sake of good ratings, it's the same problem since episode 10 so even before the problem of WY's screentime. (what a waste of HJW) :(( :(( :((

Guest ravendark

@sarah.lina oh then they should stop it already, darn I want to see our KI in action ^^. Love to watch her smirk when she is on to something:)

tessieroo said:
@palilsan - I got the impression that WY "gave testimony" because he learned ET ordered the military to be on stand by? I don't think BA, TT or any of them are ready for that - they don't have enough trained forces yet. Was it TT who said they needed to delay one day? So I don't think it was to save anyone's life but just to delay their plans to take ET down but I could be completely wrong. I think I need to watch it again. =))

Guest hunterdd

A newborn and 3 year old. That means conception happens when Maya is 2+ years old. So look forward to another 2 years of romance.
They are going to draw this one out and tease the viewers for many episodes because this is what viewers are waiting to see. Getting 49.9% ratings for the Almost Kiss confirms this. There is no doubt now that SN and TH are the viewer's OPT.

palilsan said: @tessierooI think you are correct as well. Wang Yoo is also giving false testimony in order to avoid a military coup by El Temur which could be very bloody with many casualties including Seung Nyang. It was very clear from Tanashiri’s threat is that her goal is that Seung Nyang would die and if he didn’t help her father out, she would out him and he would die too. His false testimony, he hoped would buy time. It’s just he didn’t expect Tanashiri to act so quickly against Seung Nyang with the royal protocol about failing to protect the Emperor.

Guest hunterdd

sarah.lina said:The title of this drama is Empress Ki but SN feels like the second mainlead, WY is not only doing the schemings but the battle scenes too, she didn't do anything the past 10 episodes, just following TT advices that he has received from WY and TH has too much screentime which half of it serves no purposes. i hope they will let the "brainy" SN of the first episodes coming back because i miss her  \m/ \m/ \m/

sarah.lina said:
And now i hear that they are casting one kid and one baby, my first reaction was : "Why didn't they let the oh-la-la happen in E33????", we don't have time to watch "kiss or not to kiss that's the cliffhanger", we are in E34 now and ET clan is alive and kicking, just because of those fillers.

@pegster : According to the novel, SN will be already pregnant when TN will use her black magic, after that she will get kicked out of the palace, WY will help her (knowing that she's pregnant of TH) getting back, she will not tell TH about Maha, when she will know about Maha being her son, she will try with WY a coup d'etat in the palace even before becoming an Empress, it will not work because of BG, in the meantime TH will be forced to marry BG niece.