[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

pegster said:

quote from thetalkingcupboard

Byung-soo was brought in and he admitted that he planned the attack; however, his target was solely Seung-nyang and Ta-hwan was just the victim. Grrrrrrr. He said that he bore grudges towards Seung-nyang [size=5]after he failed to make her his [/size](LIES!!).

so, another potential pair Byung-Ki is appearing.. *smirk

critics said:
Maybe the reason why LK was crying while feeding TH via mouth-to-mouth medication is because there is something that she finally realized or discovered.  She might be aware that TH is now slowly entering into her heart and she can't deny it any longer.  For a woman who truly loves someone but lost it and then someday found somebody who can potentially fill that void in her heart it is considered as grace from above.  Her tears might be partly regrets for having wasted her love and at the same time tears of joy for being so blessed of knowing someone who true loves and cares for her at the most loneliest and darkest moment of her life.

Thank you everyone for all the recaps. Now we have to wait for Monday & Tuesday. Hoping the story will go forward not circle. Hoping for new twist and event in the life of the main character. I wish ET clan will die severely. Let taltal shine and TH win SN heart. It is so long to wait for TH & SN to become one and create a new one. He he he he..... How long will the audience wait? Anyway thanks to the whole EK you make my day bright.

Guest assassin96

The empress squirrel a.k.a

Tanashiri =)) Now, shes planning to use some voodoo magic to kill my Matrix KI Nyang! HA! You wish!!! [-X =))

@pegster - Thanks for the translations and info!  ^:)^  I have a question and thought you might have some ideas about it - when ET talked to WY about being a witness, he announced his strategy:
1) destroy all the evidence2) "cut down his own hands & legs"  (not sure what this means?)3) utilize all his fortune (all out military war -worst case scenario) 
He also mentioned he controls the Capital Guard Force and then DK said they "mobilized the Capital Guarding troop". (which I'm assuming is the same thing) It sounds like it's a military unit inside or immediately surrounding the Capital. But why did WY and his men all look so surprised?  :-?  Any thoughts? 
We also learned WY most definitely has some type of plan - Moo-song says "seems like our plan needs to be modified" but whatever it is, it's going to cause a huge misunderstanding with SN. (similar to the misunderstanding with TH about her Father's death)  We even have Tana threatening WY that unless he helps, she'll make sure he dies. (similar to TH being threatened to lie about SN's father) 8-|  So annoying, It's the same exact thing they did with TH only they're forcing WY to lie about SN. UGH with these stupid recycled plots! 
@ChelseaS - Love your thoughts about ET's reputation! Keep 'em coming.  :D  I'm overthinking things myself, my brain is going 500 mph. Thanks for the bts video and LMAO at them using ATV's to fake horse-back riding.  =))
@pegster, @ChelseaS - that's exactly what crossed my mind yesterday - I wonder if this will end up being El Plague's redemption? To save himself, he'll spill the beans. But how annoying if El Plague ends up being the reason ET loses? OMG, I would be furious!  :-L

Its kinda funny how Tanashiri knows she can't kill or beat SN in any way so now she resorts to witch craft! LOL like u really think that's gonna work on SN ! LOL give up already its getting annoying!  cAN someone please Kill their whole family Im sick of her brother and his one expression eyes widening, and his stupid haircut, El Temurs stupid Heihachi Mishima Face, Tanashiri is stupid looks like a cartoon character! or a Disney villain, she is not even scary at all she can't even shoot an arrow correctly, she cant stab correctly, (got deflected) Sn easily defeated her and didn't break a sweat.

So our little Tanabananawanna-be (Baek Jin-hee) has been cast in MBC's upcoming drama called "Triangle" (Hancinema.net link here).  This is the drama following EK's run to begin sometime in May.  Her role is somewhat limited but the show has already started with script readings and filmings, so I was wondering if Tana will make it to the end of EK with only her wardrobe intact (since her mind has already left her).  Will be monitoring this as the days drag on... :-??

EDIT:  Another few news reports are now stating her casting is still not completely confirmed yet, and there are several camps saying she has not accepted/she has accepted.  ARGH.

@KristineMarie : i agree JCW is better than LMH and LSG by far, but he has a long way to go, to be near JJM, you can't even compare Hyun Bin (and i'm a fan of him) with JJM so JCW... it would be wiser to compare him *acting wise* with Kim Woo Bin or Lee Jong Suk.

@tessieroo : JWI (El Plague) said that his character is not totally evil nor nice, it's more ambivalent, so you can brace yourself, YBS will always find a way to get more powerfull not because he loves Yuan nor he despises Goryo, but because he wants to live the life that his parents couldn't had :-B :-B 

tessieroo said: @pegster - Thanks for the translations and info!  ^:)^  I have a question and thought you might have some ideas about it - when ET talked to WY about being a witness, he announced his strategy:
1) destroy all the evidence2) "cut down his own hands & legs"  (not sure what this means?)3) utilize all his fortune (all out military war -worst case scenario) 
He also mentioned he controls the Capital Guard Force and then DK said they "mobilized the Capital Guarding troop". (which I'm assuming is the same thing) It sounds like it's a military unit inside or immediately surrounding the Capital. But why did WY and his men all look so surprised?  :-?  Any thoughts? 
We also learned WY most definitely has some type of plan - Moo-song says "seems like our plan needs to be modified" but whatever it is, it's going to cause a huge misunderstanding with SN. (similar to the misunderstanding with TH about her Father's death)  We even have Tana threatening WY that unless he helps, she'll make sure he dies. (similar to TH being threatened to lie about SN's father) 8-|  So annoying, It's the same exact thing they did with TH only they're forcing WY to lie about SN. UGH with these stupid recycled plots! 
@ChelseaS - Love your thoughts about ET's reputation! Keep 'em coming.  :D  I'm overthinking things myself, my brain is going 500 mph. Thanks for the bts video and LMAO at them using ATV's to fake horse-back riding.  =))
@pegster, @ChelseaS - that's exactly what crossed my mind yesterday - I wonder if this will end up being El Plague's redemption? To save himself, he'll spill the beans. But how annoying if El Plague ends up being the reason ET loses? OMG, I would be furious!  :-L

:-B @KristineMarie.....Totally agree with you...I have watched dramas that cast top billing based mostly on popularity rather than true-acting ability, which left me wondering how different might those dramas and movies have been if they had cast actors with true acting ability. No need for me to mention the dramas or the actors. The acting in Empress Ki has been top-notch. If I had to choose two actors that seem to be over acting at times with their expressions it would have to be the duo: El Palgue and the Curly-Hair Rat..there have been scenes where I know it's supposed to be serious scene, and yet, I just can't help laughing at their expressions....At those moments, I just can't take those two serious because it 'looks' like their  acting...which essentially they are...over-acting....I'd rather be IMMERSED in a drama to the POINT that I care little about who the actor is and care more about the character and the plot.  :) :-??...on another subject, I think that WY has a plan and there is no way he will ever be on any other side than on SN's side....that is the woman he will always love and protect even if she is 'lost' to him......ODE to Monday....come quick my love  :x

CherKell said: So our little Tanabananawanna-be (Baek Jin-hee) has been cast in MBC's upcoming drama called "Triangle" (Hancinema.net link here).  This is the drama following EK's run to begin sometime in May.  Her role is somewhat limited but the show has already started with script readings and filmings, so I was wondering if Tana will make it to the end of EK with only her wardrobe intact (since her mind has already left her).  Will be monitoring this as the days drag on... :-??

EDIT:  Another few news reports are now stating her casting is still not completely confirmed yet, and there are several camps saying she has not accepted/she has accepted.  ARGH.

My sister's funny comments of the week

"Is Tana like "in love" with WY? WTF? She was more upset that he never liked her than about SN taking over her position. B**! You are a little girl, lack humanity, and you dress like Santa. Why in the world would he look at you for? Sit yo butt down! " :))
This one even though i like Lee Bo Young made me choke on my drink (mind you all of our conversations are on the phone since we live in different states lol)
"Lee Bo Young this and that. Though i am going to watch her show too, is she really a threat to Empress Ki?  Acting like she's Won Bin finally remembering he's an actor and coming back to dramaland. Now that i would believe." :))

chrissydiva said: My sister's funny comments of the week

"Is Tana like "in love" with WY? WTF? She was more upset that he never liked her than about SN taking over her position. B**! You are a little girl, lack humanity, and you dress like Santa. Why in the world would he look at you for? Sit yo butt down! " :))
This one even though i like Lee Bo Young made me choke on my drink (mind you all of our conversations are on the phone since we live in different states lol)
"Lee Bo Young this and that. Though i am going to watch her show too, is she really a threat to Empress Ki?  Acting like she's Won Bin finally remembering he's an actor and coming back to dramaland. Now that i would believe." :))