[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Tanashiri gets her butt kicked kicked by SY yet still tries to challenge her. LOL she knows she can't beat her. I think HOnestly SY should have killed her right then. and be over with her antics. The whole Im going to make u feel pain worse than death is just stupid, kill her already.

Guest adjani1430293095

I do agree with some of the posts that feeding him medicine is probably the only way especially in those days, thats why I wasn't "satisfied" if thats love per se being shown.  She cares for him, now whether she cares enough for it to become love.. no idea.. until later. 
I believe that even if she comes to love TH, it won't be like the kind of love she has with WY, that was first love and probably most loved. But even if she does care for TH and its not the "only" or ultimate love, thats still good for him. 
she pledges to be loyal to him and she cares for him. Honestly, not all of us marry or end up with the ones we love absolutely the most and there are some of us who experience more than 1 love in a lifetime. There are those very lucky ones who marry our greatest love. Now during that era, its probably a luxury that they end up with people they love. I mean technically speaking, WY is King, and she was what a subordinate? At the most she can be consort as well but empress? She has no backing or family remember (ok her father was a general of sorts but hardly the royalty) And in those days .. even today, there is the "lineage issue" (i.e wooden door for wooden door and bamboo door for bamboo door.. ie. marry in the same class). 
The fact that she rises to be empress and for TH to push through making her an empress from her slavery status is a huge recognition of his devotion and love to her. Plus it was never in doubt that TH loves her more than she loves him (if at all) but she surely cares for him. And in my view that is good enough.. considering he killed her father. And him putting himself on the line more than once for her... will definitely move her.. its not pity or sympathy.
And as for letting her go, he did. he told her.. he didn't want her in the palace, he even considered not taking her as a concubine (flower episode).. as TT said .. she chose this, she CHOSE to be with TH. He chooses not to force the issue of being a proper concubine, he could have!! 
As for the sleeping with him with no affection.. er .. let's get to the sleeping bit first.. then we can assess if it was with no affection... :) 
I have stopped trying to assess SY and TH and WY as a triangle.. I see them all as "fools" tied by circumstances and their decisions.. and I see love being put aside for goals (except TH.. his goal and love seem aligned!) 

@adjani Agree with everything you said 100%....awesome post.  For sure we cannot predict about the sleeping together part, it seems it will be up to SN because he is willing to wait for her to come to him...another sign of his love for her.  I am really wondering what it will take to push her to that point, perhaps it could be this incident with him near death???  Besides getting rid of the ET clan, their first night together is probably the most anticipated upcoming events of this drama....at least for me :)

Guest adjani1430293095

@peggyM: I have been so hopeful of how they would do the WY back to SY bit.. and was disappointed.. and so I have no expectations of how she will get together with TH.. haha as some suggested.. we may even miss the Olalal bit hahahaha :P 
Sigh.. but nevermind the triangle bit.. yeah thats tough to resolve.. sure love is messy period.. but EL T Clan.. can they do something more than just recycle the usual, throw in Cold Palace, Strip her off her clothes bit, out of palace survivor.. and "she will die"/"they will die" or wait no they wont bits first.... sigh ... if they fail to even use a trap and poison arrows to kill SY, they think black magic will do it? :P 

@tessieroo said:@SeGafanlady - I wish @DJG was here, she's awesome with the historical facts about this kind of stuff but I think you're right. Most concubines (no matter what ruler we're talking about) died a very lonely, hopeless existence in the palace (and yes, some died virgins) I read one guy have over 300 concubines? (LOL) It sounds horrible for these women. 

Guest adjani1430293095

Thanks to @pegster for her predictions and yoonmi66 for her post! :) 
Yeah trust TH to be "saving" his woman again :) 
Actually witchcraft is oft and on practised .. and popular in the inner chambers and palace but there are specific dynasties and emperors that expressly forbid such things, primarily because very oft.. a lot of people (innocent ones) are hurt by the consequent rumours or activities. 

Guest adjani1430293095

@DJG: Indeed. Being an emperor's woman can be seen as unfortunate indeed and yeah..if he loves you and you have the hoards of others trying to get rid of you (i.e TN), he doesn't love you and you spend your entire life/youth waiting for the man who never shows up and plus you cannot have any other relationship either! (i.e oh like TN again) 
Then if he shows you affection and moves on to the next woman as you age, its painful too. Hence the many many palace dramas about the inner chambers and the harem fights. 
Plus the very unfair bit that he can continue to have younger and younger women despite his age whilst his favored ones age and well no longer stay as favourites! 

Guest critics

Guys, could it be possible that the drug being used by LK (via mouth-to-mouth feeding) was not really an antidote but rather an opium that's why TH resolves into drug addiction in the future?   http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/35.gif  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/35.gif

I'm addict to you, sweetie!!
Empress.Ki.E32.140224.HDTV.XviD-LIMO.avi_003459459

yoonmi66 said: I'm pretty sure it was @pegster that predicted exactly this: 
EPISODE 34 WRITTEN PREVIEW
The ill Tahwan drags himself up to go and save SN. A myriad of thoughts crowd SN's mind when she sees this. TH is stunned when SN arrives at his chambers, all dressed up. Blinded by jealousy, Danashiri prepares a curse to kill SN...
Cr: Baidu, DC월화특별기획 [기황후] 34회 
방송일자 : 2014년 03월 03일 22시 00분 ~ 23시 15분 

아픈 몸을 이끌고 나선 타환은 승냥을 위기에서 구해내고, 그런 타환을 보며 승냥은 생각이 많아진다. 타환은 곱게 단장하고 처소에 온 승냥의 모습에 순간 멍해진다.승
-----Ayushiridar (real name of TH and SN's son) should be there real soon.
*From what I know, witchcraft/sorcery, prophecies and the likes were widely acknowledged and revered in Yuan, sometimes even more worshipped than the Confucian/Taoist traditional principles that dictated previous dynasties (during Kublai Khan's rule at least - assuming sorcery is still worshipped towards the end of Yuan, I wouldn't be counting on Danashiri getting deposed because of this).
The plot in EK these days is doing nothing for me - I'm just glad to see the development in SN and TH's relationship every week, as well as the wonderful acting by all the other actors.

Guest tookie18

DJG said: @tessieroo said:@SeGafanlady - I wish @DJG was here, she's awesome with the historical facts about this kind of stuff but I think you're right. Most concubines (no matter what ruler we're talking about) died a very lonely, hopeless existence in the palace (and yes, some died virgins) I read one guy have over 300 concubines? (LOL) It sounds horrible for these women. 

Guest minnie0103

sj15elf0hjw1023

said: Ehmm... 8-| ¿Why now the WY-SN shippers are calling scenes of TH

Actually I do not think their scenes are "Fanservice", because all the scenes are important... I mean, for something the make, no?

Not because you have not seen such scenes in other Seaguk mean that this can not have happened...

And.. LOL, this is so INFANT!

:)

) :-w and I thought that WY-SN shippers were mature... *than disappointing* :| ...

And if they say that because they are jealous.. FIRST, you must not forget that this story is also a "love triangle", it means that feelings are involved on both sides, if only feelings of a part is not you could call a "love triangle" and it would also be something a little boring...

Guest ravendark

@ChelseaS you have brighten my day with TT pic :) If ever able to record his voice I ll put as phone msg notice instead of whistle. ( That whistle makes my cat go nuts every time msg comes.) 
@PeggyM  Poker faced sweatheart with deadly voice ^^, Even Vin Diesel cant deny TT has better voice :P

Guest ravendark

PeggyM said: @adjani Agree with everything you said 100%....awesome post.  For sure we cannot predict about the sleeping together part, it seems it will be up to SN because he is willing to wait for her to come to him...another sign of his love for her.  I am really wondering what it will take to push her to that point, perhaps it could be this incident with him near death???  Besides getting rid of the ET clan, their first night together is probably the most anticipated upcoming events of this drama....at least for me :)

Chingus, I come in peace, but I don't get why you call "fanservice" a love line in a drama that in the "genre" description has "romance" and not only "historical", etc..
A plot made only of politics would be boring as hell!

I'm happier when I see more lovely scenes in a drama!

@tucci : Did you watch many sageuk? i've watched many of them, no offense to JCW of course, the blame is only for the PD, a good romance sageuk without any fanservice scenes is like Princess' Man, when they throw at us at every single episode one skinship scene, you have to think about the marketing behind that (even in YWCFTS there was too much of it) but here China is their main market (more people means more money), it's because of that they wanted to cast Soon Joon Ki and Jang Geun Suk, at first, two hallyu stars, it's because of the chinese market, but they are decreasing the overall quality and integrity of the drama, it's clearly not from the writers they hate "skinship scenes", they even have the gut to end History of a Salaryman without any kiss scene between the OTP (because it didn't have any purpose, they had a friendly relationship). :-B :-B :-B

i hope that i was clear ;)