[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

larabn said: @loli
I though of SN imagining the scene where TH is being playful and teasing
SN gets tired of TH talking and kisses him to stop him LOL
and they are scared because they are in danger LOL
Viola.... a kiss while they are awake and a passionate one too

:-B....just as there is symbolism in novels, they can be found in dramas....Butterflies and Yellow.....hmmm. SN's earrings and the color yellow that she wore when she went to see the Man that is no Longer a 'puppy' as he has been referred to.....Butterflies symbolism: grace and tenderness, transformation, journey to freedom from the past, tapping into a new reality,  letting go of something or someone...Yellow: the color of intellect, offering hope and happiness, illuminating, creates enthusiasm  for life, optimism.......Symbolism of ALL of that SN and TH is need.....HOPE .....SN is wearing her earrings and something yellow because in the preview for eps 34 IT LOOKS she is going to NEED THEM  :-SS

• Love 1

Guest ravendark

chrissydiva said: Forgot to add, i think it's ridiculous that not even one from the evil side is dead. I never expected the whole clan to go in one feel swoop, but can they at least have casualties? And no, i don't care if random soldier #12 dies. At least, the brother who barely even speaks gots to go. Come on! :))

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Episodes 32 and 33 were great... full of action but we, viewers, are still feeling a bit lost xD We are still unable to see where PDnim and Writernim want to go. (they are driving us nuts x) ) ! 
Even uri TalTal (well... Jin Yihan) doesn't understand anything anymore ! xD :))  : 

1798312_1472706279609715_37575848_n.jpg 1920604_1472706139609729_1418454751_n.jpCredits : Jin Yihan's twitter

Please writernim and PDnim... just do anything you want to (as long as it is logical), but give TalTal more screentime Jebal !! 
I loved the SN-Tana confrontation ! SN scared Tanashiri to death... TN was clearly bewildered and i guess she's starting to realize that her Dad may be going a little too far (however that doesn't mean she'll spare Ki Je In of course).
Also, the SN and Tahwan moments were beautiful and kind of poetic in a way. There were three scenes which refer to previous episodes : 1) The riding scene in episode 32 refers to when SN and TH were riding near the beach, in Daechong Island in Goryeo.2) When TH protected SN from the arrow refers to episode 4 when BA shot an arrow to kill Tahwan but SN took the arrow instead of him (they were both wounded in the arm Oo). 3) The medecine kiss which refers to the CPR kiss, but now it's SN who tried to make TH come to his senses.
Last but not least, WY doesn't deserve such a harsh treatment x)) (i read some comments from k-netizens). Come to think of it, he's the one who is in the most dangerous situation right now. At least Bayan and SN's positions are known by everyone in the palace now, but WY is risking his life when he shouldn't be (he's tied to ET clan). The end of episode 33 was a bit uncertain too... Is he willing to stop helping SN ? Well, anyway, WY needs to stay alive until the very last episode because he's the character who makes us see that SN's heart hasn't really changed deep inside (in spite of everything that happened). WY is still SN's weakness, SN's biggest regret.
The "frame-unframe" thing can't be dragged any longer. We should move to a new Era... A Yuan Dinasty free of YBS and ET clan.. they should really focuse on BA and TT after that. Otherwise, what's the reason for keeping those two characters ?

Episode 33 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen:  Nationwide 28.6% (1ST; +3.3%) / Seoul 31.3% (1ST; +2.5%)  FIRST PLACE ON BOTH!!!
TNmS:  Nationwide 27.9% (2nd; +3.5%) / Seoul 33.6% (1ST; +2.6%)

Quit running around in circles, Writer-nims... or the next time you see this knife, it will be at YOUR necks!!!  >:)

vlcsnap-00007_zps765ec2f6.jpg

after the cpr kiss, I like how we're turning into medical experts trying to make sense out of the medicine-feeding kissbefore we know it, their bed scene (if there is ever one) will turn into an anatomy/biology lesson  :-B
I might be a little biased but it seems to me the parts that made the more sense in the drama were those with a focus on BA & TT, they were spot-on in most of their plotting and scheming without being obnoxious and their tricks were actually smart and creative so yeah I'd like it if we got more of them in the story as ET and his clan are obviously out of tricks and it's now the same old stuff

I admire from TH's character the he knows better than anyone how it feels to sleep with someone out of duty, he doesn't want that from SN, so he's willing to wait... This is very admirable, it shows his true nature.
These last two episodes reminded me a bit of the Shark drama, where the evil dude always had the last laugh, all the way 'til the end...I hope they're not turning ET into this kind of villain, that would indeed be very disappointing.
If what some spoilers are saying is true, that WY is going to help SN back in the palace, I can't find a good reason why, other than maybe he does end up finding out about the baby and he wants her to look after/be close to him? Or her being back is truly going to help the Koryo people? Or are they really making him that noble, that despite it all, out of love for her and grant her revenge wish he'll send her back...? I truly love WY's character, but I hope they don't go this extreme noblehood route...
And whatever happened to my Dark Knight TalTal? Is he going back to the shadows? We need him in action!
After all my disliking... I actually liked today's Bisoo's warrior girl performance, kudos to you girl!

TOP 30 MOST SEARCHED CHARACTERS OF DRAMAS BASED ON NAVER

1st : Tanasili
(+6)  --> what did i say? :D her 1st, first
2nd : Cheon Song Yi (0)
3rd : Do Min Joon (0)

4th : Wang Yoo
(+9)
5th : Tal Tal
(+11)
6th : El Temur
(+4)
8th : Tae Hwan
(+23)

10th : Seung Nyang
(+32)
18th : Ba Gan
(+47)

24th : Batolu
(+27)
28th : Dang Ki Se
(+62)

Guest Ding Lin

WOW!!  I have to say that I love WY by each episode!  :) He is such a complicated and dynamic character.   He is getting better and better.  AWESOME!!! :) 
After searching in the internet and visiting various forums, I am convinced that it is not just me :)!  WY indeed is gaining popularity :)!  I have found a lot more news articles full of positive buzz about WY/JJM.  A poster at the Baidu even said that she used to be TH-SH shipper, but after watching Episode 30, she came to love WY and started to ship both ships now :)!  
The trend is also somewhat reflected in the rating. Although there are too many factors affecting rating, it is dangerous to reason in a simplistic way. However, I do noticed that the ratings of the episodes with more WY are doing well. For example, there was a big rating jump of Episode 30 last Monday (+3~). In contrast, the rating of Episode 32 dropped by 1.5 this Monday.  
Here is a Chinese translation of a recent news article about WY/JJM.  The reporter used ""囊中之锥"  to describe WY and the actor who bright WY into life.  This phrase meant that ""a sharp knife could not be hidden in a bag".  It stated that WY's talents can be hidden even though he is quiet sometimes. I found this phrase is very appropriate.  

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2887989074

Guest hunterdd

Ding Lin said:The trend is also somewhat reflected in the rating. Although there are too many factors affecting rating, it is dangerous to reason in a simplistic way. However, I do noticed that the ratings of the episodes with more WY are doing well. For example, there was a big rating jump of Episode 30 last Monday (+3~). In contrast, the rating of Episode 32 dropped by 1.5 this Monday.  

Ok, surprisingly C-subs were released early today, no complaining.
Just translated a few of the dialogues I thought were important.  

TH: I'll wait for you.  Wait till the day you will you come to embrace me.  Leaving you by my side, I want you.  SN: You can only think of how to take your powers back.TH: It's you who turned me into this.  So don't make me wait too long. You should return to your quarters and rest now.
PBH: Is there something you're worried about?SN: I'm becoming scaredPBH: Someone as strong as you, what is it that's making you scared?
What is SN scared of? Scared that one day she'll hurt TH, or scared because her heart is starting to waver...
So the next day we discover that TH lost to SN during their race, but he told GT that he won 
We find out that up till now, WY has no idea that ET plans to kill SN and TH.  Only now when his men show him the traps does he figure out that 'great animal' ET is talking about is SN and TH.
Conversation between SN and DSDS: You're a more capable lowborn then I expected.  I've said before, in terms of hunting skills no one in the palace can compare to me.

YH: This way! 
SN: Are you thinking of killing meDS: There aren't any witnesses around, this is a barren forest, even if you died, no one would knowSN: Then you should pull your trigger quicklyDS: What, do you want to do that soon?  I won't let you get what you want.  I'm going to torture you to death.  I want to watch you suffer with my own eyes so I can remember it.  Never have you thought that the consequences of receiving the Emperor's grace would be this cruel.SN: Even if I die now, I would have no regrets.  Do you know what what Paeha tells me every night when I'm in his arms?  He tells I'm the true Empress of this empire.DS: What!SN: He said that Danashiri can't even be consider a woman.  All she is is an accessory in the harem, just an empty shell.DS: Shut your mouth now!SN (thoughts): She'll miss her aim if she's agitatedSN: The sight of an Empress who the Emperor won't even lay eyes on, is so pitiful, what a jokeDS: I told you to shut your mouth!SN: Even if you kill me, it makes no difference.  The Emperor will never touch you.  Even when you die, it'll be due to lack of love, you'll just be an empty soulDS: I'm going to rip your mouth!  
DS: I'm the Empress of this empire, do you think you can get away for killing me?  You better put down that knife now, I'll consider letting you live then.  If you kill me...SN: There aren't any witnesses, who would know if you died?  You started this war, I will end it here!DS:  Spare my life...please, please spare my life.  Please, please don't kill me, I beg SN: You mercilessly murdered LP and all the Goryeo musaris!  Is your life that precious, and their lifes are so worthless?DS: I was wrong, please forgive me.  Please, please I beg you.  Ki Jae In don't kill me.SN: Shut your mouth!  For you, death is too simple of a punishment.  I will spare you.  You will live, I will let you experience pain that's greater than death!  I will punish you!
WY tells Moo Song: We can't let them catch up to SN.  Even if we die, we need to stop them, do you understand?
ET: Paeha are you feeling unwell?  Paeha, I will take you to a comfortable place right now.TJ: Father, it's BaK Anh!DK: How did he know about it!SN: General!BA: What's wrong with Paeha?SN: He got hit with a poisoned arrowBA: Quickly, move Paeha over hereET: BA, I will take care of PaehaBA: I will take care of Paeha, you can leave it with me.ET: How dare you defy my orders!  Retreat BA!BA: Before I have Paeha, I will not retreat!SN: Prime minister are you attempting to revolt?DK: What revolt?  How can you can you say such nonsense!YBS: Paeha was caught a trap set by hunters.JB: We saw it clearly with our eyes.PBH: How dare you make such liesDS: Shut your mouth, how dare a lowly eunuch speakSN: If Paeha dies in your arms, will the governors suspect you, prime ministerBA: Prime minister you better stop here.ET: BA Paeha's life is at stake here, you better take good care of himBA: Quickly come over herePBH: Mama, let me take overTT: You take off first uncleDK: We can't let them leave like this!  Why don't we kill them all. Father!  ET: Do you want the world to throw insults as us!  DK: I'm sorryET: We need to get rid of all the evidence.  Go get rid of all the traps and the bodies.  DK: Yes, father.
From here, we can kind of see that ET doesn't want to tarnish his reputation as a 'great warrior', not that we didn't know before, but now he's indirectly admitting to it.  This explains why he doesn't just out right take in his army to start a revolt.
Ok...stupid ET just beat his oldest son up in front of all his men.  No wonder DK has this inferority complex!  His father has no regards for his image whatsoever in front of his subordinates.

SN's conversation with WYSN: Why are you at the palace?
WY: Prime minister sent for me.  SN: The prime minister is suspected of treason right now.  If you're not careful, you'll be put under the heat as well.  You better take extra care.WY: Did we not agree to take our separate ways?  Regardless of care or worry, please forgive me for refusing your interferance.PBH: You shouldn't have an further entanglements with Wang Yoo Gong.  There are rumors that he has close relations with ET.
I think this is where all the misunderstandings are starting.  PBH and EB seem to have agreed on a plan of their own to keep SN and WY away from each other.
ED thinks they've got all the evidence they need to prosecute ET.  They have arranged for all the governor's to be at the palace.
SN feeding TH medicine, nothing to explain there.
Again ET clan is discussing their plan of defence now.  ET tells WY to be their witness.  DS objects with the excuse that SN and WY are both from Goryeo, WY won't betray his own people.
ET tells WY that he needs to get rid of all the evidence, if necessary he will even cut off his own limbs (his people).  
ET already has his army prepared, but he wants to avoid having to go to battle.  Battle is his last resort.
WY sees how difficult it'll be to take down ET and decides to follow his instructions this time.  WY sends EB to tell BA what ET's plans are.
DS confronts WY about him saving SN.  DS asks WY if he still loves SN.  WY tells her it's not love, it's just being righteous.  It's to return the favour of SN saving him when DK tried to kill him before.  Now they don't owe each other anything.
DK tells El Plague to take the blame for it, and confess that it was all his doing without ET's knowledge.  DK promises that WY will help them, and he'll save them before they are executed.
At the hall with all the governors ED interrogates ET for attempting to assassinate SN and TH. ET refutes to say what evidence do they have.  
All of TH's eunuch guards and SN are witnesses.  ET: Let me ask Ki Jae In, who wanted to kill Paeha?SN: The palace guardsET: Palace guards...LO: We saw too, it was the palace guards who wanted to kill Ki Jai InET: Then in those people who tried to kill Paeha, was I there?  Or did you see any of my children there? Only the palace guards!  So I've arrested the culprit. Take them in!  Confess!YBS: All of this was planned out by me! ED: You are clearly under the prime minister's control!  Otherwise how can a palace guard try to rebel!YBS: My target...wasn't Paeha, it was Ki Jae In.  Paeha was only an innocent who got involved.  Governor: ED we can't continue to listen to this nonsense!  ED: Why do you want to kill Ki Jai In?YBS: Ki Jae In is hostile to me because who brought here as a tribute woman.  Ever since she became Jae In, she's been trying to take revenge on me.  That's why I want to take the first step.SN: Shut your mouth!  How dare you lie here.Governors: ED this person is guilty of treason!  How can we trust the nonsense comeing from him!  You need to shut him up and investigate the truth!ED: You're all correct.  We need to investigate what you said.  DK: YBS and Ki Jae In were WY's subordinates. WY can be a witness.  Can you say a few words, is what YBS said true?WY: Every single word, everything he said is true.DK: Take them away!
Over at TH's quarters, TH finally wakes up, the first thing he asks is where is SN.  
ET claims the case is closed, and they should stop creating more tension between the officials and the Emperor.
DS comes out and says it's not over yet.  DS claims that SN and his eunuch guards should be held responsible for TH's current state. DS insist that they take SN and eunuch guards away.  BA wants to defend SN, but TT tells him to hold it in for now.

Preview:
DS: I will not spare her!
Evil Maid: A curse that can kill someone
DS: Can we kill that woman Ki?
Evil Maid: Do you know about voo doo?  There's an extremely powerful voo doo master
DS: Have we gotten rid of that woman Ki?
So it looks like that scene of SN running in the palace might really be a dream sequence, maybe DS has finally got crazy.  
I think SN and the eunuch guards were released easily so that's why DS is so upset next episode.