[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

OHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AIGO,AIGO. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Even though I read you guys awesome posts about Tanshili's Ms.Santa Claus I had to stop myself from laughing when she stepped out there looking like Christmas. It was nothing like seeing it for myrself. Who thought that up? Stop it please just stop it with that fashion insanity EK fashion people.

And oh yeah......death to the El Temur clan!  Soon please.

lol anyone noticed that one of those cute guardboys got lost while running after their Emperor and future Empress (in the TH&SN horse riding scene)? One second he was there and the other one he was just *Poof!* gone.   :-??  
Hmmm, I bet he  just tried out a shortcut to see if he can be faster. lol  Run my future hubby run! (Yup, you read right! While everyone fights for WY and TH, I will be totally happy to live as the humble wife of a palace guard! :)) One possible consort less to fight for you girls! :))  ) Ok, back from my Tana-like delulu thoughts to the drama: I want Tana dead. Period. They even can drag the whole El Temur( at least, he is a bit smarter) story but please just let her die...please...she is an insult to all villians out there...sigh...poor SN.  

why do these Korean drama villains never stop or give up? they are like annoying gnats that buzz and never go away. If u kill one another one appears! Even if u beat them to within an inch of their life they still don't learn their lesson. And keep coming Wth? LOL SY has proven over and over again that TN is no match for her, when is TN going to give it a rest I am tired of seeing her! And Im sick of El temur lookin like Heihachi Mishima of Tekken! LOL :))

Guest adjani1430293095

@pegster.. love your posts and all the rest as well. I haven't watched the latest episode but yes if yet again (as I expected) the EL T clan goes scotfree.... no surprise there and still no oh lalal.. then ... alas.. WHATS wrong with the writers!!!! Get on with it... if they go back and forth, its fine, as long as the leads are "clawing away" or chipping away at the "War" but if they go back and forth with no developments.. that SUCKS... And please tell me .. as much as I love TH for his saintly ways.. which realistic emperor doesn't get on or even force his way with a CONCUBINE?!/Consort? sigh ..

@ChelseaS yes, ET told WY that he has control of the army outside of the capital (I think that's where he was talking about). 
It would be his last resort to have to use his money to utilize the army.  Basically I think this is a hint that they really need to find where ET's money is coming from so they cut him at the source.
I was watching the episode with my mom.  When we got to the part where SN wakes up back in the palace, the first thing she said was 'what happened to her cut??'
And we were joking throughout the entire episode about Tap Jae Hae talking haha.  She was like 'Oh he talked again!'

Just purely speculation on my part:

They need to hurt ET using what he values the most, his reputation.
Yes he values power, maybe he also values his family. But the thing that made him buckle in Episode 32 when SN talked to him was the possibility of him being implicated in the assassination plot. This is the "richard simmons in his armor", so to speak. This is also seen in Episode 33, where he does not want to be "insulted" by others.

Since they cannot go the route of bringing on his financial ruin (he is too rich), or getting the help from the governors (they are all useless), they need to use more underhanded tactics. They need to tarnish his "Great Warrior" name. I am afraid though, that they will recycle the blood vow tactic that they used before--the only difference now is that since the good side has the actual blood vow, then they will succeed this time. But I hope they do something else. Start rumors, these rumors will put the army at an uncomfortable position. Who do they support? The emperor, the descendant of Gengis Khan, who was supposed to be weak but is now showing his power, or the supposed "Great Warrior" whose hands are tainted by blood of the descendants of the Khan.

Without his great reputation, ET still has his army, and power, yes. But the army is blinded now because he has led them to many victories in the past. If they know his actual deeds, one by one, the army could in fact dessert him, thereby weakening his position.  

Maybe I'm just overthinking this. But for the life of me, I cannot see how they are going to bring the clan down with all the things happening, including the failed assassination plot.

On 23 February, Joo Jin-mo's Daum Cafe Fan Club (including several international members that made the trip to Korea just for this event) sponsored a barbeque on the set for the fans, cast and crew -- over 200 people in attendance for this shindig!

20140226_1393374914_44825500_1_zps4adc6a
(Credit:  TVDaily.co.kr)

The news reports said JJM looked deeply moved to have so much support around him while filming EK, directly thanked each and every one of the fans for making the trip, and said that he promises to finish the filming 'brightly and with great success.'  If I get my hands on more pictures from the event, I'll put them up here!

Guest Ding Lin

The full news article about the fan meeting. The dinner was sponsored by JJM's Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, and Japanese fans.  

Jo Jin Mo's fans from overseas prepare a barbeque truck for "Empress Ki' team

imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Joo Jin Mo's fans from overseas prepared a barbecue truck for the entire production team of 'Empress Ki'.

Joo Jin Mo is recently casting in MBC drama 'Empress Ki', and his fans from many different countries prepared a barbecue truck for 200 staffs.

All of the staffs, who were already exhausted from serial all-nighter shootings, showed explosive reactions for this special gift, and Joo Jin Mo was deeply touched by his fans' humongous gift as well.

Joo Jin Mo said, "I am feeling a profound gratitude to all of my fans, and I am just out of words. I don't know how I should express my appreciation for them," and "I think all I can do is just keeping doing my best."

A representative of the production team said, "Looks like Joo Jin Mo's fans are amazing people just as Joo Jin Mo is. Everyone enjoyed the meal very much."

It is said that Joo Jin Mo energetically led the entire production team until the end of the shooting.

Meanwhile, 'Empress Ki' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.

/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com

Guest adjani1430293095

Ok, had time to watch the episode (33): er.. a few things:
1) Why is it SY's fault if the emperor saves her from an assassination attempt on their lives ?? And isn't TN without power? How is she able to be "giving orders"?
2) Why is El T's clan so bad with all their plans? Its a trap.. And why is it that their fall back plan when things fail is ALWAYS to find a scapegoat? 
3) Why is it that EL T for all his "I want to take over" actually not have the gumption for blood shed? I mean seriously a coup requires guts.. just do it and not do it? I think this part is really not moving forwards at all.. no one is actually clawing away at anything .. the plot is stalled.. no closer to removing EL T and yet no closer to removing TH... (very very slow) His daughter and son seems to have more stomach for gore considering they killed everyone (ie Lady Park and Co and at the temple!) 
4) The tenuous excuses that TN and WY each have for their behaviour is really weak... It is at least believable that TN chose not to out WY because she loves him. And EL T said it well... its always the close ones that are the most dangerous in terms of enemies!
@pegster - yeah the thing abt the cut... you know in a lot of dramas there are these "incongruous" scenes and lots of netizens actually try to find these.. there is a famous "piggy one" that does it for all the chinese dramas.. like for example, in the Legend of Zhen Huan, they noted that the entire female harem walked passed a door in the imperial palace (set in olden times) but there was a modern light switch right next to them. 
Then in the super popular "Lan Ling Wang" - they had shot an arrow at the lead and in the next follow up, the arrow had moved to a lower position on his armour. They also had built a wooden house (of olden days) but had stainless steel hinges showing (which clearly didnt exist in that era!) 

Guest adjani1430293095

As for TH and SY.. I don't know.. this back and forth thing is also doing nothing for me, neither is the WY (I am still in love with her bit).... the only interactions I liked with TH is their attempts to best each other at the hunt and maybe the scene where she is feeding him medicine.. although I am wondering are her tears.. because she is touched and feeling more affection now or the fact that both men got hurt because of her.. and she can only take care of one.. or neither since both are "injured"... and also guilty ... cos she is feeling more affection for TH now? 
They need to do more to convince me of SY's feelings towards TH and WY.. more of the same.. is .. ah.. not cutting it.. 

Just watched episode 33 no subtitles * Will SN and TH ever kiss while one is not unconscious? But then again, who needs a spoon when you can be nursed back to health with the lips you've longed to kiss. Come on writers...I'm so over the teasing 8-} * it was heartbreaking to see both TH and WY risking their lives to save SN. They both truly love her in their own way. Sorry guys polygamy is not an option...lol * Ummmm how did frozen get out of her ice palace nd stay out? And the nerve to think she could fight SN? Oh how invested I get in my kdramas I wanted SN to kill her and then I was happy she didn't * El Temur defeat in some form is long overdue. Sixteen episodes out of 50 is not enough time for him and clan to feel the pain of their cruelty. Let's see 4 episodes of torture each for his kids and final four for him. In that order so more painful for ET. Oh wait is he capable of feeling pain? * Taltal is mcsteamy with that manly voice. Motivated to watch other shows his been casted in. * This weeks episodes was quite a roller coaster. Thank you Batolu for coming to WY rescue..your my SN backup if things don't work out for WY and SN. :-* *Some things logic was lost on me If El Temur can frame governor, kill him while everyone knows he was innocent why bother go through the motions of hunting to try and kill emperor. Just frame him for something and kill him at home..lol Anyhow time for dreamy of mcsteamy...lmao

Guest critics

By that time YBS led the attack to fulfill his mission, killing TH & SN who were trapped and in a dangerous situation, I said to myself, while watching, “finally, this could be your last scene in this drama, YBS!”  My expectation was to watch Eunuch PBH flying with his sword ready to fight and cut YBS’s limbs and body into pieces.  But to my dismay, he wasn’t even around and nobody from TH’s eunuchs attempted to cover them from crossbow shots.  So sad! http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/33.gif 

PDnim, your answer to my prayer was simply to WAIT MUCH LONGER http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/45.gif  http://forums.soompi.com/plugins/Emotify/design/images/45.gif maybe until the last episode, then all my wishes will come true.

I don't know what's worse... a drama that moves forward at a snail's pace or a drama that just goes in circles. 8-| Besides Empress Ki, I've been watching the King's Daughter, Su Baek Hyang and it moves forward soooooo slow since it's one of those 100+ episode dramas. But at least it moves forward, while lately Empress Ki just keeps recycling the same stuff with ET.

And I can't believe in just one week, TN is back in the palace!  What was the whole point of banishing her there if she doesn't stay there?  ~X(  Why are their punishments so lax that she just returns on her own and no one kicks her back there?! Don't they have guards making sure she stays there? Ridiculous...  I guess the only good thing is that if I HAD to watch TN, it was nice seeing SN kicking her a$$ in today's episode as she totally asked for it.

It almost feels like the writers don't know what to write next in any of the storylines, so they are just stalling. The most disappointing of all is the love triangle storyline.  I usually like love triangles, but this triangle isn't moving.  TH still is chasing after SN, SN is still hesitant and poor WY is pretty much at a standstill.  I wish one of them would just take the initiative so we can at least have some action.  I feel like the writers are being mean and just taunting us with "kiss-like" gestures, "longing stares" and cryptic tears here and there, but then our hopes just crushed when nothing happens in the end.  Grrrr.... >:P   If the writers are not going to move along this triangle, then at least throw TT in there so we can some sort of excitement please!