Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Korean Drama Stars

Gu Hye Sun To Play The Wife Of 'The Legendary Tycoon'

Gu Hye Sun

Gu Hye Sun's next project will be a Chinese drama. Gu will play the wife of a Chinese film magnate Run Run Shaw in the drama "The Legendary Tycoon."

The news that she was considering the role first surfaced in September but her management finally confirmed her casting on November 6, the same day she left for Hengdian, in eastern China to start filming. She is expected to spend the next three months in China, working on the drama, returning to Korea only for her first concert on November 21.

The drama will focus on the life of the film industry tycoon Run Run Shaw, who founded Shaw Brothers Film Studios in the 1960s. The media mogul popularized Chinese Kung Fu movies in the west and worked in the entertainment industry for 80 years. Known as The King Of Asian Entertainment, Shaw died in 2014 at the age of 107.

The legendary tycoon will be portrayed by actor Zhang Han, known for his roles in the dramas "Let's Watch The Meteor Star," "Fairy Tale" and "Braveness of the Ming."

Gu will play only one of the women who were important in Run Run Shaw's life. The other women will be played by Taiwanese stars Guo Zi Qian and Chen Qiao En, and the Chinese actress Song Yi.

Gu Hye Sun has worked in (China) Taiwan before. In 2012 she appeared in the drama "Absolute Darling," with Taiwanese actor (Wu Chun) Jiro Wang. That drama was produced by Huace Media, which is also producing "The Legendary Tycoon." One of the reasons that Huace Media reportedly cast Gu Hye Sun is because of her ability to cope with the language barrier.

It doesn't hurt that she has been popular in China since she first appeared in "Boys Over Flowers" with Lee Min Ho. Gu Hye Sun's last k-dramas were "Blood" with Ahn Jae Hyun and "Angel Eyes" with Lee Sang Yoon. The vampire drama was so popular in China that Gu's previously released self-composed piano piece, "Rain," topped China's QQ music chart in April 2015, six years after it was originally released.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/104067/20151106/gu-hye-sun-to-play-the-wife-of-the-legendary-tycoon.htm

•  

• Like 18

The news that we all waited to hear has arrived! Soon, we will all once again be able to bask in the warm glow emitting from our own Goo Hye Sun:) Be prepared to be asked all day long long why it is that you've been grinning like a fool ever since you arrived at work, or school...:D

• Like 20

I'm glad YG have already confirmed the drama, I want to see! lately I could not COME IN here often for reasons of internet and do not know if I can COME IN here because i'll go to work at a place where there if there will be internet,but no matter, I'll find a way to get here and read the news of GHS, I hope this drama to become very famous, all bendiciones for her and you.

• Like 16

[News] Ku Hye Sun confirmed for Chinese Drama "Legendary Tycoon"

*she will stay in China for three months

201511061304210410_1.jpg

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=04&c1=04&c2=04&c3=00&nkey=201511061308043&mode=sub_view

her leading man is Chinese Actor: Zhang Han

65252e9dgw1ew6ixfqkp6j20ci0iswgz.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ku Hye Sun Confirmed to Star Alongside Chinese Top Stars in “The Legendary Tycoon”

Actress Ku Hye Sun has been cast as the female lead in upcoming Chinese drama entitled “The Legendary Tycoon.”

The rumors regarding her casting have been swirling since September, but the final confirmation came on November 6 when she departed for Hengdian, China to participate in a filming for the drama. Apart from a short visit to Korea on November 21 for her solo concert, she will spend the next three months in China filming with the local crew.

“The Legendary Tycoon” has received a lot of media attention for its ambitious storyline based on the life of Hong Kong-born entertainment legend Run Run Shaw. The film industry pioneer will be played by Chinese acting star Zhang Han, and Ku Hye Sun will reportedly play his wife.

The production company Huace Media shared that they worked together with Ku Hye Sun on the Taiwanese drama “Absolute Boyfriend” back in 2013, and have ever since been impressed by her professionalism and ability to overcome any difficulties caused by the language barrier, which motivated them to cast her for “The Legendary Tycoon.”

Other cast members reportedly confirmed for the large-scale production include Taiwanese actresses Guo Zi Qian and Chen Qian En, as well as up-and-coming Chinese talent Song Yi.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/05/ku-hye-sun-confirmed-to-star-alongside-chinese-top-stars-in-the-legendary-tycoon/

yaaayyyyy finally she confirmed for TLT

i've been waiting for a long time

thank you so much sunnies for your updates

look, the meal lead looked so handsome, right? hihihi

success for your new drama GHS

sunnies will always support you

FIGHTING !!

• Like 12

I'm so happy and excited for KU HYE SUN on her new project. Thanks to you now we will be able to see you everyday. I wish and pray for the success of the drama especially to KHS that she will always be in good health, happy and as always stay beautiful. Good luck to you. Fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 16

Chinese production dramas are mostly contains 30+/40+ episodes hoping that 'The Legendary Tycoon' would be 30+ episodes so that we can see/watch angel longer than usual.And we all know that she's a real beauty n sexy in her own unique way that whatever kind of clothes  she wear n hair style she posses she can still project n carry herself confidently perfect.But I'm hoping that on this drama they would dress her beautifully n accordingly to emphasize her perfect S body figure that she seldom show off in public.Thanks to each n everyone whose always doing their best to find out d whereabouts of our angel, good job well done guys fighting! 

• Like 17

OMG - OMG - So happy to hear the confirmation of  TLT news -- SO HAPPY FOR GHS - Praying for DAEBAK for TLT & GHS- Fighting!! Thanks all for bringing news & sharing your excitement :wub:    Super excited for the coming days - Nov 9, Nov 21, TLT news & airing - will the drama airs as it being made like in Korea?

2015 KHS FF - okay, yes it's Nov 6 & it's all quiet with FF .... your fearless leader had dropped the ball!!  I had been swamped all day long :(

Also, with the crazy awesome news of TLT, Sunnies are all distracted - Haha!  All right, let's refocus & have some fun - YES?  Let us get our collective "sphere of influence" (sunnies that we know)- 60-80 Sunnies participating would be really COOL already, right?

Everyone, I Need YOU to participate  - Let's start the celebration of Hye Sun' BD :wub:

-> (Re)Watch the Madonna (Cheerful Caretaker) -> Register at Mydramalist.com -> "Like" Goo Hye Seon -> Rate movie (the madonna) & Join in the talk/discussions.

On MDL ->

**To "like GHS" ->search for actors “Goo Hye Seon” -> select GHS -> click on the red heart to “like” our angel ;)

**To rate a movie=> Search & select movie => clk “Add to List” cmmd (lwr rght)

=> change status to complete => rate the movie

Help, help my Sunnies pals -- @S_sun, @sukreen, @cheerkoo, @GHSforever, @myonenonly, @khs7, @gayu312, @wmeen, @robbo4, @ZamZam, @meow13, @shadia71, @AizzaG, @ruthie28, @j823, @FebieR, @gelisa, @Tsg, @helkel, @Ariana27, @jadecloud, @LauraA, @happie88b, @LILI2009, @germaniameneses16, @Carmel1, @dee_dina, @angelface88, @n0v_, @jennieho , @milliesun, @sheherizade3,

Then each of you will tell a friend- PROMISE?  Haha!  I'm going on to MDL now!! 

Let's Have Some FUN & show GHS how much we love her artistic works-  Fighting  Sunnies !!

Director%20Goo_zpsbjftxk5k.jpg

Edited by geumtrangdi
  • Like 14

YAY! Thanks for all the links to articles Sunnies! Official confirmation! So happy and excited for this drama! Wish her all the best for this drama!

The fact that Huace Media wants to work with her again and trust her acting and professionalism speak volumes! I remember the staff of Absolute Boyfriend adored her too!

Thanks  @jadecloud for the translations.  Hope we get  to see some more updates and pics from Huace and maybe fans sightings as well!

Let's celebrate GHS' birthday by participating in the Film Fest at MyDramalist.com , organized by @geumtrangdi and team! Thanks! :)

Nov  6-12 Let's watch and discuss and celebrate her first short movie! I was so impressed by it then. The issues were deep and complex.:D:sweatingbullets::wub:

credit ghsvn1

Edited by S_sun

Dear Gorgeous Hye Sun-sshi,

It's exactly 12 AM, November, 9, 2015 in my part of the world and I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'll never tire in saying that you're not only gorgeous but also generous; creative; humble; courageous; wise; and unpretentious. It's your beautiful soul that makes you resplendently beautiful. On your precious day, my prayer for you is more smiles and more strength to continue living by your motto of living from moment to moment.

Your fan from across the seas,

~M&ST

• Like 11

It is November 9 in Korea, our Angel birthday! My best wishes of a wonderful birthday celebration to the most beautiful, intelligent, sweet, and gentle young lady, Ku Hye Sun! Hope this year be full of blessings, success, health, and love for our princess :D!

• Like 15

Sunnies, your generosity are amazing! From Vanilla's post, a total of  2,842,224 kwon ( about $2465 USD ) has been collected! :w00t:

International sunnies contributed  $1485.56 USD  !What a meaningful way of celebrating GHS' birthday!

Thank you all and admins of fan pages  who spread the word!

Special thanks to Vanilla at DC !

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/comment_view/?id=guhyesun&no=136600&page=1

I believe 450,000 kwon will be taken out for a cake and flowers to be given to GHS on the day of the concert and the rest will be given to Korea Leukemia Society on her birthday, Nov 9. @cheerkoo please correct if that was in error. Thanks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GHS-ssi! Hope you have a good time in China and get to eat lots of cake! hehehe!:wub::wub::D

8926a61e46f93e0041341793.jpg

CTO

Sunnies, let's be united and  use hashtags #HappyBDayKuHyeSun and #kuhyesun  and RT birthday tweets today! :)

Edited by S_sun

Happy Birthday 구혜선!!

It is so good to know that a person like you live on this earth!!

I wish you much happiness, health, love, prosperity and blessing and luck to go with them all.

Sunnies in soompi, DC, Baidu, around the world, , I also wish all of you much happiness, health, love, prosperity and blessing and luck to go with them all. You are all TERRIFFIC!!

We all work together quite well. Thank you and thank you.

Vanilla of DC!! Bless you!!!

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 18

Thank you S_sun for posting the Cheerful Caretaker.

I agree with you that  Cheerful Caretaker seems to be filled with countless meanings,  thought-provoking questions and contradictions about life, society, etc. Amazing film!!

I hope one day she writes more or teaches about her movies. 

Thanks again!!

The idea of discussing her movies (cr to geumtrangdi? sorry if I made mistake) online is also amazing!! Thanks for that. I have been crazy busy so did not participate but I cheer and support your brilliant idea!! Thank you and thank you!! I hope GHS sees it!!

• Like 15