Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

6 hours ago, Calli said:

Hello @Coco2000:waves:

A warm welcome to Joo Won's thread from me as well!! So nice to read your thoughts on our favorite actor, and that you've been a fan for so many years. 

We haven't had that many updates lately (other than Carter related ones) but filming for the movie must be very time consuming and exhausting. I'm hoping Joo Won will take all the time he needs to rest once he's finished filming and maybe after we'll get more updates^^ Hopefully he'll be able to promote both Fire Fighters and Carter as fully as possible and that we'll get good drama news at some point too *fingerscrossed* 

Hiiiiii :fullofhearts: I still need a little more time to accept that my oppa has grown up a lot. I miss his baby face and chubby cheeks, his shyness, his slim and not much muscle body frame. I can't wait to see Carter. 

With my experience, I'm pretty sure when Carter in the final stage of filming, we will have news on his next project. But at least this time he does one after another. The most important thing for me is a healthy and happy brother. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

On 8/11/2021 at 3:05 AM, Calli said:

I guess Joo Won was too busy yesterday to post a story but he posted one today, on day 3 of Japan Orange Moon's special coffee support~ 

The amount of exclamation marks Joo Won put after "더워" must mean it's very very very hot :( Must be so tough for them filming in this continuous heat... 

Joo Won's other captions: 

퐈이팅!!! = fighting!!! 

여기서 담 주 까지 촬영.. 실화??? = filming here throughout the week/until next week... is this for real? 

(I'm not sure about this one, maybe @flutterby06can help~)

진심으로 고마워요 = thank you sincerely / wholeheartedly 

커피차 없었으면.. 상상만해도.. 무섭 = if it weren't for the coffee truck.. just imagining it.. (is) scary 

이야!!!!!!! = eeyah!!!!!!! 

(I feel like that's Joo Won's war declaration against the heat :lol:)

Japan Orange Moon is really amazing for providing this support for 3 continuous days. Joo Won and the whole Carter team must be beyond grateful getting those much needed refreshments :') 

Hello everyone This is the first time I've heard about Joo Won. Can someone tell me about it? Is he a good author or not? Why do you love him? Very interesting to listen to! Maybe I'll start waiting for his movies! I've been wanting to find an idol for a long time! There used to be Christopher Tolkien! Really a genius! I'm a real fan of it! As a child, I could watch movies based on his books 100 times a weak! It was a great time! I will definitely discuss this on my favourite forum on the books of Christopher Tolkien. If someone is interested, then I'm waiting for you there: https://www.thetolkienforum.com/wiki/Wargs

Edited by simonhard
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, simonhard said:

Hello everyone This is the first time I've heard about Joo Won. Can someone tell me about it? Is he a good author or not? Why do you love him? Very interesting to listen to! Maybe I'll start waiting for his movies!

joo won is a korean actor he did very good dramas what i love about him is his personality since he acts very cute for a man of his age if you dont know him you can see his drama bridal mask with that drama you sure love him

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Hello to all my old and new Wonie friends! So delightful to hear JW news. Alice is now showing on netflix and repeating on The Cable tv network ‘One’.. Drama was good for 1st few episodes, subsequently ok, and thereafter gotten more complex for my small brain. 
I created an account in MDL to comment online. So fun ‘cos got to know JW’s fans.

OMg, when is Carter showing on netflix? My neck is getting longer each day. 
Stay well, dear friends. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, Tongtong said:

Hello to all my old and new Wonie friends! So delightful to hear JW news. Alice is now showing on netflix and repeating on The Cable tv network ‘One’.. Drama was good for 1st few episodes, subsequently ok, and thereafter gotten more complex for my small brain. 
I created an account in MDL to comment online. So fun ‘cos got to know JW’s fans.

Stay well, dear friends

They are just in the third month of filming so I think they need more but the most likely that the film is available between November or December

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

On 8/22/2021 at 8:02 PM, Coco2000 said:

It seems that he is really enjoying what he is doing, not for stardom but for the meaning of his life - becoming a veteran actor. I feel very relieved when I read that he saved almost one year to traveling or doing anything else without going directly to dramas and movies world after the military service. To me, it means that he has changed his attitude towards life, and wants to treat himself better. 

This is as if you're saying my mind..:partyblob: I have been saying this whenever anyone talks about him not picking a drama that airs right after his discharge of army. To me it looked workholic Joo Won got a new perspective in life. We know he has never really took a proper vacation for the purpose of just touring around. While I was tiny bit sad that Joo Won's comeback is being delayed but seeing just passing time for himself felt just so satisfying.. it seemed like he was giving himself more time. There's also his post military interviews that reflects how he become more relaxed than ever, not trying to take pressure. Over all this new side of confident and relaxed Joo Won made me very happy as a fan and well wisher.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:12 PM, Coco2000 said:

2016, JW didn't have good health due to heavy schedules, he got sick and had flu quite often. Even during many fan meetings, he was sick and still sang for his fans. Actually going to military is like a vacation for him. 

He did say it on his last fan meeting that going to army will be more of vacation for him considering after his debut he never took a proper break.. that statement really broke my heart. I'm glad he have spent such memorable time in army with all sorts of achievement.

@Coco2000 welcome to the thread. It's good see an old fan here. You and @Tongtong are probably the oldest fan currently active in our thread. Hope to see you more. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:21 PM, simonhard said:

Hello everyone This is the first time I've heard about Joo Won. Can someone tell me about it? Is he a good author or not? Why do you love him? Very interesting to listen to! Maybe I'll start waiting for his movies!

Hello @simonhard. Welcome in Joo Won Soompi thread. His upcoming movies will take sometime to release as one is in post production and another is still filming. If you're a movie lover you can probably try his released movies like Catch Me (Rom-Com), Fatal Intuition (Thriller).

And if you watch kdrama for starter I'd recommend Good Doctor and Bridal Mask, both are very much appreciated drama from Joo Won.

As to why I like Joo Won.. in short it's because his versatile acting and his dedication to his work and his sweet personality. 

On 8/24/2021 at 3:49 AM, Andrea Balcazar said:

@valinor500@kittyna@flutterby06@Coco2000@kireeti2I don't know if I'm right but Joo Won just started to follow the singer Heize and she asked him if he could see a musical collaboration or are they just friends

Can't say for sure.. because I actually didn't notice. Did he recently follow her account recently?

On 8/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Calli said:

sure you guys already saw, Joo Won posted an IG story a couple of hours ago, promoting May23's new song: "The season we loved". 

Here's the whole song if anyone wants to listen to it. I thought it's really lovely, though I wish I understood the lyrics~~

Thanks for the YT link @Calli. I was planning to look for it.  I will listen to it later.

You know, I think Joo won become friends with this person he taggec on military because I see this guy is also a Assistant Instructor, served military same time around Joo Won. After discharge Joo Won promoted another of their previous song and this band also went to watch Musica Ghost. And another reason I think is because this guy he tagged called 'Jun Won Hyung' to him. I think many people who met Joo Won on army calls him in his real name because they're more used to that.

3 hours ago, Tongtong said:

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

They are just in the third month of filming so I think they need more but the most likely that the film is available between November or December

Hope they wrap up filming soon. I mean they said this is gonna be a 2021 movie another we have like 4 months at hand.

From Today's update from Kyusung Yun it seems like Netflix sent support to cheer Carter Team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS-6dkdrFsw/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Can't say for sure.. because I actually didn't notice. Did he recently follow her account recently?

Yes, from what I realized, they just started to follow each other

Hope they wrap up filming soon. I mean they said this is gonna be a 2021 movie another we have like 4 months at hand.

From Today's update from Kyusung Yun it seems like Netflix sent support to cheer Carter Team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS-6dkdrFsw/?utm_medium=copy_link

by the way I read an article in Korean that said that carter would be launched this year so we won't have to wait 1 years

Great that Netflix has sent a support truck. I don't know if they noticed in the truck there seemed to be a photo of the entire recording team.

He did say it on his last fan meeting that going to army will be more of vacation for him considering after his debut he never took a proper break.. that statement really broke my heart. I'm glad he have spent such memorable time in army with all sorts of achievement.

I really think that the year that Joo Won was too tired was 2015 I don't think it was 2016 since lately as I've been bored I've looked for a lot of things from those years but definitely 2015 Joo Won seemed to be dying too tired since there were several fanmeetings that year plus the filming of yongpal also the promotion of the film fatal intuition and finally the filming of the chinese drama that never aired I saw several photos and I noticed that his face was very swollen, most of all I have noticed that his face gets very swollen when he is very tired and does not sleep well more or less as I could see his life was very busy between July of that year until December in 2016 I saw an improvement just seeing that almost my heart broke and more when I saw healing camp telling how he felt I think I was collapsing I think just like you I think it was very good that he took a long break in 2019 training or traveling he really deserved it and as joo sang woo said k among all the actors I know, joo won is the hardest worker, he may not be as active now but I think it's better since he is almost reaching 40 and if he continues to have a too busy life he could end up having health problems

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Hello, :fullofhearts:

I'm re-watching Bridal Mask. It has been my favorite drama for nearly 9 years. I have never had the same feelings for other dramas or movies like Bridal Mask. I really miss JW oppa in Korean dramas and movies now. Anyway, JW-ah, as long as you are healthy and happy, I will restraint myself from asking you to reveal ur face asap. Come back when you feel you are ready. My dear Lee Kang To ah :dorashakes:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

Hello, :fullofhearts:

I'm re-watching Bridal Mask. It has been my favorite drama for nearly 9 years. I have never had the same feelings for other dramas or movies like Bridal Mask. I really miss JW oppa in Korean dramas and movies now. Anyway, JW-ah, as long as you are healthy and happy, I will restraint myself from asking you to reveal ur face asap. Come back when you feel you are ready. My dear Lee Kang To ah 

woau it is impossible to believe that the drama is almost 10 years old it is a beautiful drama also it is my favorite all the actors gave an excellent performance

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

woau it is impossible to believe that the drama is almost 10 years old it is a beautiful drama also it is my favorite all the actors gave an excellent performance

And it's strange that every time I re-watch it, the feeling is still the same. It has everything, politics, war, family, friendship, love,.. And the acting is supper. From what I know, JW was not the first choice cause this project was the biggest one of Kbs that year. They offered roles to actors who were older, more experiences and more well-known. But none of them wanted to take it because of the sensitivity topic between Korea and Japan. And finally JW got it. And after that the production team needed to look for other casts who were also younger and can match to JW's age. And fortunately we have one the best Korean dramas I have ever seen until now. But for me, it's the best one. Not any other Korean drama can beat this one in my heart. Maybe Good Doctor comes at second, but Bridal Mask is always and forever the first one. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

And it's strange that every time I re-watch it, the feeling is still the same. It has everything, politics, war, family, friendship, love,.. And the acting is supper. From what I know, JW was not the first choice cause this project was the biggest one of Kbs that year. They offered roles to actors who were older, more experiences and more well-known. But none of them wanted to take it because of the sensitivity topic between Korea and Japan. And finally JW got it. And after that the production team needed to look for other casts who were also younger and can match to JW's age. And fortunately we have one the best Korean dramas I have ever seen until now. But for me, it's the best one. Not any other Korean drama can beat this one in my heart. Maybe Good Doctor comes at second, but Bridal Mask is always and forever the first one. :fullofhearts:

If that had heard, it had a fairly high amount of production at first they doubted Joo Won but later when they saw that the drama was a success and Joo Won gave all its potential they believed in it and it was able to be transmitted so that we can enjoy it I definitely love it the drama my favorite joo won's dramas are very good for that i desperate to see joo won in another drama are jewel

I miss you lee kang to

although the end should cry too much

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hellooo dear Friends! Long time no news.
Cable TV Channel ONE is showing My Sassy Girl soon. Am going to rewatch the drama. Seriously hoping Netflix will show JW’s older dramas when Carter movie is premiered. 
Stay well, dear ching gus! 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Tongtong said:

Hellooo dear Friends! Long time no news.
Cable TV Channel ONE is showing My Sassy Girl soon. Am going to rewatch the drama. Seriously hoping Netflix will show JW’s older dramas when Carter movie is premiered. 
Stay well, dear ching gus! 

Hello. On Netflix now I think you can watch Yong pal, good doctor and My sassy girl. I'm re-watching Bridal Mask, good doctor and Yong pal. I miss him so much on screen, his acting is the factor making me stuck with him for many years even he's not very active now. I love how he always pours all his soul when he acts, not only the emotions, even the voice and the gestures. When I watch him on screen, I have the feeling he's a real character, not just being the character. 

I really miss him in a another drama or new project. And of course can't wait to see Carter and Firefighter. It amuses me how he can be excellent in all genres from sad to angry, dark to subtle, and even actions. Misssssss oppa so much. Please come back asap. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Haha.. same here. Miss his ‘soulful’ acting. Amazed with his musical acting and singing as well. Really daebak. 
I rewatched Good Doctor and Yong Pal on netflix whilst JW was in the Army. Good ole netflix, one can just binge watch without ad interruptions. Did anyone watch the American version of Gd Doc? 
Stay well!

• Like 5

Hello as we have not had much news of joo won I do not share but if I am still pending and he will try to be active and share several things let's try to keep the forum active

14 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Did anyone watch the American version of Gd Doc? 

I have not seen it yet but I have seen small parts and really until this time the doctor gets pregnant with shaun bone it would be shion in the American version but I really do not think it will surpass the Korean bone that of joo won will always be the best

I found this recently a fan shared a photo from the magazine

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Tongtong said:

I rewatched Good Doctor and Yong Pal on netflix whilst JW was in the Army. Good ole netflix, one can just binge watch without ad interruptions. Did anyone watch the American version of Gd Doc? 
Stay well!

I haven't watched the American version of Good Doctor, although I do occasionally keep tabs on it by watching the TV ads/new episode previews since it does air on TV where I live. I don't know why I haven't, to be honest, but I just never really got into it. I watched the first episode of the first season, and found it to be...not quite a play-by-play replica of the Korean version, but similar enough that I was pretty "meh" about those parts - and generally speaking, I preferred the Korean version where things were different, so that also wound up making me lose interest after a bit.

Don't get me wrong: if anyone here has watched it and liked it, all the glory to you :) It just wasn't my thing, so don't take my word on whether it's actually any good.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I haven't watched the American version of Good Doctor, although I do occasionally keep tabs on it by watching the TV ads/new episode previews since it does air on TV where I live. I don't know why I haven't, to be honest, but I just never really got into it. I watched the first episode of the first season, and found it to be...not quite a play-by-play replica of the Korean version, but similar enough that I was pretty "meh" about those parts - and generally speaking, I preferred the Korean version where things were different, so that also wound up making me lose interest after a bit

So I know the American version is very famous that in my country it is mentioned too much, it is true what you say there are several different things in the version but I also found several coincidences like in the Korean version since in the first episode we can see how Shion and the protagonist of the American version save the boy who was cut and take him to the hospital

• Like 3