Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

8 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Point is: since this is an account he runs personally (thanks for the heads-up on that earlier, guys!), I wouldn't sweat that too much unless there's any other indication that something is off. People do that all the time, and I don't think we should overthink these things just because JW's a celebrity

i really hope and i'm not having a bad time it would be great if joo won created his own agency somehow i'm glad joo won updates his own account on his own but i really want him to post more next

9 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Yeah - the hairstyle looks like the teenage Jin Gyeom from this angle :lol:

I don't know but I think it could be a photo of the filming of alice but joo won wanted to share it now so that the fans can not see it as it is now

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I don't know but I think it could be a photo of the filming of alice but joo won wanted to share it now so that the fans can not see it as it is now

:wut:

Dang - why didn't I think of that??? I think you're onto something this time, actually: 1) it wouldn't be realistic for JW's hair to grow out this much in such a short period of time; 2) Carter filming is still ongoing, so his "look" from that should still be the current one; and 3) it's the sort of "I know spoilers and you don't" secrecy that JW loves teasing his fans with ;) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Dang - why didn't I think of that??? I think you're onto something this time, actually: 1) it wouldn't be realistic for JW's hair to grow out this much in such a short period of time; 2) Carter filming is still ongoing, so his "look" from that should still be the current one; and 3) it's the sort of "I know spoilers and you don't" secrecy that JW loves teasing his fans with ;) 

Yes and also how do we think about it, joo won has a jacket on but in Korea it's hot right now so he wanted to share a photo after the filming of carter, I don't think it's current look if joo won likes to make fun of us Haha

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

by the way haha this photo reminds me of jingyeom had the same jacket and somehow the hairstyle seems to be the sam

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Yes and also how do we think about it, joo won has a jacket on but in Korea it's hot right now so he wanted to share a photo after the filming of carter, I don't think it's current look if joo won likes to make fun of us Haha

At this point many fans seem to be talking about this being not a recent photo.

I think it's older too considering we know Joo Won looks  different than this for Carter.

E9FErxTUYAgKlfZ?format=jpg&name=small

Also not that it's a big deal and but he is wearing a hoodie t shirt (looking at the sleeve) not a jacket..

I feel like it cound be a photo of this year because this remind me of this hair.

EwcMEzqUYAER1QB?format=jpg&name=small

Of course only Joo Won can tell us what the answer..:lol: I'm just glad he uploaded anyways.. I was looking forward to next post.

A senior from ROKA White Skull Base commented on Joo Won's ig post. "뭐야. 시간여행 오셨음? 늙지를 않군..." Translation:

"What . Are you time traveling? Not getting old..."

On 8/16/2021 at 7:31 PM, Andrea Balcazar said:

he had heard that his fans donate in his name, I did not think that you would also be like that with joo won since also fans of other actors know how to do it but I like that joo won fans do that and also joo won

I was reading through the post and noticed this. @Andrea Balcazar could you explain a bit more what you wanted to say?

What I understood is you like the fact both Joo Won and fans donate together. Joo Won knows his fans donate specially when it's done in his name, a certificate is sent to him.

Speaking of fan donation I noticed a c fan base did a donation work in China. From the translation I can't surely tell if the certificate was for Joo Won or that fan base.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4663264413747788

• Like 4

23 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I was reading through the post and noticed this. @Andrea Balcazar could you explain a bit more what you wanted to say?

What I understood is you like the fact both Joo Won and fans donate together. Joo Won knows his fans donate specially when it's done in his name, a certificate is sent to him.

Speaking of fan donation I noticed a c fan base did a donation work in China. From the translation I can't surely tell if the certificate was for Joo Won or that fan

I mean, what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad that Joo Won's fans also donate on her behalf.

Of course only Joo Won can tell us what the answer..:lol: I'm just glad he uploaded anyways.. I was looking forward to next post.

A senior from ROKA White Skull Base commented on Joo Won's ig post. "뭐야. 시간여행 오셨음? 늙지를 않군..." Translation:

"What . Are you time traveling? Not getting old..."

joo won has a face that doesn't age with anything in the world i think he gets younger every year

Also not that it's a big deal and but he is wearing a hoodie t shirt (looking at the sleeve) not a jacket

In my country we say it that way that's why I said it that way

At this point many fans seem to be talking about this being not a recent photo.

I think it's older too considering we know Joo Won looks  different than this for Carter.

If I have seen most of them they say that since we all know that at the moment their hair is not there so it is not a recent photo

by the way now that you share the photo of the last curtain of ghost the hair is almost the same so it could be between alice or ghost but we will not know as you say only joo won you know

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

mean, what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad that Joo Won's fans also donate on her behalf.

I get it.. yes.. they do.. I think I saw somtimes other actors/singers fans base doing that too for their bias.

But Joo Won fans not only donate they also give the most interesting gifts to Joo Won.

Like I love the murals they made for Joo Won a lot. They're so pretty and it's nice that many Joo Won fans participate in painting those. I think it'd be nice to walk beside such a painted wall. I just didn't know it was counted as good work. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFCqKUg8Vt/?utm_medium=copy_link

There's also forest in Joo Won's name. Where they planted tree. And sometimes they go there to take care of the tree. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW1mty0nPvy/?utm_medium=copy_link

I found it very sweet that Joo Won did the vlive when he went there and confirmed his enlistment news to his fans over that live. 

There's another interesting gift he found from 2015. Joo Won's Hong Kong fan club registered a star in his name. It 's still in Joo won's insta post. I wonder how long that registration is valid

https://www.instagram.com/p/7P33vMwIBt/?utm_medium=copy_link

There's also a coffee farm is Nepal.. things like these very unique gift in my opinion. I wouldn't know this kind of gift were possible if many different fan bases of Joo Won did it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIhxvtug_JJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

9 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

In my country we say it that way that's why I said it that way

Oh sorry.. I didn't think about that. . :cry:I just thought you were talking about Joo Won wearing similar color coat and jacket in Alice both in 2010 and in 2020.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh sorry.. I didn't think about that. . :cry:I just thought you were talking about Joo Won wearing similar color coat and jacket in Alice both in 2010 and in 2020.

It does not matter in each country we have several different words woau the fans of joo won have made several projects about the farm that if I did not know but the rest if and as you say also the gifts they give are very great I think that in November the fans will they gave away some airpods headphones and joo won thanked him through instagram but I think joo won also deleted that photo

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Alice is nominated for best drama and best ost at the seoul drama awards

That's awesome, but, it's sort of next to impossible to win the award, however, getting nominated is kind of a big deal :allgoodlol:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

That's awesome, but, it's sort of next to impossible to win the award, however, getting nominated is kind of a big deal :allgoodlol:

If the truth is, it is impossible to win since this depends a lot on how famous the drama is so Alice does not have much opportunity to win and the worst is facing very successful dramas if as you say it is a very good thing that they will nominate Alice although the band sonora has a lot of opportunity since the singer is famous

• Like 3

I'm with @kireeti2 here - chances of Alice winning are slim to none, in my opinion. In fact, given how much I've seen of people disliking it, I was surprised that it wound up nominated at all.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy it myself (you guys will know I did), but Alice as a drama was controversial at best, and definitely not a favourite across the board as far as 2020 dramas were concerned.

That said, though, I do hope that this nomination is acknowledgement of just how hard everyone worked on it, and how strong each cast member's performance was. We can go on all day about whether the characters were well-written, but I don't think we can dispute that they were all well-acted by the cast. ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I'm with @kireeti2 here - chances of Alice winning are slim to none, in my opinion. In fact, given how much I've seen of people disliking it, I was surprised that it wound up nominated at all.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy it myself (you guys will know I did), but Alice as a drama was controversial at best, and definitely not a favourite across the board as far as 2020 dramas were concerned.

That said, though, I do hope that this nomination is acknowledgement of just how hard everyone worked on it, and how strong each cast member's performance was. We can go on all day about whether the characters were well-written, but I don't think we can dispute that they were all well-acted by the cast. ;) 

It is true that joo won chose this drama back although as they say they only give them the script for the first episodes we all know that the first chapters were very good but after chapter 10 the director or the scriptwriter ruined the drama but all the actors They did an excellent job trying to focus only on their performances and of course the ones who had the most burden are Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won since they played more characters I was reading that the screenwriter wrote three parts to see which would be correct and put it in the story but he could not do the ending well of course I enjoyed the drama but I did not get lost with the story

It would really be great if they gave them the whole script to know how it will end and so the actors choose well

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hello friends, I'm new here, but actually I'm not new. I have known JW oppa since 2012, and really enjoyed his dramas like Bridal Mask, and esp Good Doctor. He's the first (and maybe only) young Korean actor I have been actually drawn to. I normally don't get used to the K-dramas as I always prefer the fast pace styles. But JW oppa stole my heart with his sincere acting, beautiful eyes and clean image. 

Actually I followed him during 2012 - 2015, and after that when I entered the uni, for some reasons I was so busy and started to have less time for my dear actor. And I actually stopped watching K-dramas completely. Now when I have more free time, I start to feel curious how my oppa is doing. It turns out that I'm really happy for him. It seems that he is really enjoying what he is doing, not for stardom but for the meaning of his life - becoming a veteran actor. I feel very relieved when I read that he saved almost one year to traveling or doing anything else without going directly to dramas and movies world after the military service. To me, it means that he has changed his attitude towards life, and wants to treat himself better. 

I have read more than recent 50 pages of this thread. I just want to share with you some of my thoughts. From the day I knew JW, he had been working continuously without resting, one project after another. Since Bridal Mask, he has always been getting used to IV Hydration, he went to the filming location, finished one part of the scene, and go back to his van for IV Hydration. He even said in an interview that he thought that he was going to die during the filming. People always talk whether he didn't sleep, cause he always informed one new project even the current one has finished yet. But he was actually always in bad health condition, and got sick easily. 

And don't worry about the popularity, I talked with some friends in Korea, they said that he's well-known for good acting skills, well-educated, good manner and pure image without any scandals. It's not about underrated or over popular, it's the way he has chosen to live. One thing you can see clearly that even during the time he was very active, he didn't appear in many CFs, it's his decision. He doesn't want to use the success of a project to earn CFs or a lot of money. Instead, he wants to keep himself being a "real artist", just focusing on doing his best with every project. 

These are just something things I really want to share about my oppa with you. Alice might not be a successful project, but it's the door to wake me up, "hey, your oppa is coming back" And i really miss his baby face and chubby cheeks, it seems that his look becomes manly now. Anyway, still support my oppa, cause what has captured my heart is his acting, not only his face. :))))) 

Andddd Caan't wait to see Carter, I'm JW oppa's fan of action scenes. His long legs is a must for action movies. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

10 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

Hello friends, I'm new here, but actually I'm not new. I have known JW oppa since 2012, and really enjoyed his dramas like Bridal Mask, and esp Good Doctor. He's the first (and maybe only) young Korean actor I have been actually drawn to. I normally don't get used to the K-dramas as I always prefer the fast pace styles. But JW oppa stole my heart with his sincere acting, beautiful eyes and clean image. 

Actually I followed him during 2012 - 2015, and after that when I entered the uni, for some reasons I was so busy and started to have less time for my dear actor. And I actually stopped watching K-dramas completely. Now when I have more free time, I start to feel curious how my oppa is doing. It turns out that I'm really happy for him. It seems that he is really enjoying what he is doing, not for stardom but for the meaning of his life - becoming a veteran actor. I feel very relieved when I read that he saved almost one year to traveling or doing anything else without going directly to dramas and movies world after the military service. To me, it means that he has changed his attitude towards life, and wants to treat himself better. 

I have read more than recent 50 pages of this thread. I just want to share with you some of my thoughts. From the day I knew JW, he had been working continuously without resting, one project after another. Since Bridal Mask, he has always been getting used to IV Hydration, he went to the filming location, finished one part of the scene, and go back to his van for IV Hydration. He even said in an interview that he thought that he was going to die during the filming. People always talk whether he didn't sleep, cause he always informed one new project even the current one has finished yet. But he was actually always in bad health condition, and got sick easily. 

And don't worry about the popularity, I talked with some friends in Korea, they said that he's well-known for good acting skills, well-educated, good manner and pure image without any scandals. It's not about underrated or over popular, it's the way he has chosen to live. One thing you can see clearly that even during the time he was very active, he didn't appear in many CFs, it's his decision. He doesn't want to use the success of a project to earn CFs or a lot of money. Instead, he wants to keep himself being a "real artist", just focusing on doing his best with every project. 

These are just something things I really want to share about my oppa with you. Alice might not be a successful project, but it's the door to wake me up, "hey, your oppa is coming back" And i really miss his baby face and chubby cheeks, it seems that his look becomes manly now. Anyway, still support my oppa, cause what has captured my heart is his acting, not only his face. :))))) 

Andddd Caan't wait to see Carter, I'm JW oppa's fan of action scenes. His long legs is a must for action movies. 

wow welcome I'm glad to see someone new in the thread also I'm very glad that you follow him for a long time I understand you when we are in college there is not much time I am glad that you return to dramas and be a fan of joo won if I have heard a lot about I use the IV in yongpal more than in any drama I felt very sorry for him but when he finished his military service he stopped for a year to rest and travel or do a lot of exercise

I'm glad of what you tell me about getting to know joo won so the good thing about him is that I always try to keep his essence so as not to fall on the bad side of Korean entertainment since as you know several Korean actors have fallen yes and as you say joo won now has a masculine essence of course that he has to have since right now he is in his 30s I am a little worried that joo won will not get someone to share his life with since he is at the age to get someone ohh and true too I hope carter a lot, I'm a fan of action like you

@Coco2000I say that he has well deserved that vacation that occurred in 2019 since he really needed it but somehow I miss when he was a little more active since now we wait one or 2 months to know something about him or the gym trainer of Joo Won who knows how to give us news about him? I really want Joo Won to fulfill his dream of later being a highly respected senior when he reaches an older age I have always heard even in my country that even if they are not fans of Joo Won they admire his performances a lot and seeing joo won is like something of luxury since he acts wonderful really I was surprised in alice that his performance was the best of any other drama in which I have seen him I especially started to love him since he was an actor of whom he was not greedy to become famous if he did not give his full potential and of course how to forget his aegyo that I definitely fell in love as Kim Tae hee joo won said he makes girls fall in love with him for his aegyo and now that I remember I have r seen that in 2015 he really looked too tired on his face since he did most of the scenes in yongpal

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

wow welcome I'm glad to see someone new in the thread also I'm very glad that you follow him for a long time I understand you when we are in college there is not much time I am glad that you return to dramas and be a fan of joo won if I have heard a lot about I use the IV in yongpal more than in any drama I felt very sorry for him but when he finished his military service he stopped for a year to rest and travel or do a lot of exercise

I'm glad of what you tell me about getting to know joo won so the good thing about him is that I always try to keep his essence so as not to fall on the bad side of Korean entertainment since as you know several Korean actors have fallen yes and as you say joo won now has a masculine essence of course that he has to have since right now he is in his 30s I am a little worried that joo won will not get someone to share his life with since he is at the age to get someone ohh and true too I hope carter a lot, I'm a fan of action like you

@Coco2000I say that he has well deserved that vacation that occurred in 2019 since he really needed it but somehow I miss when he was a little more active since now we wait one or 2 months to know something about him or the gym trainer of Joo Won who knows how to give us news about him? I really want Joo Won to fulfill his dream of later being a highly respected senior when he reaches an older age I have always heard even in my country that even if they are not fans of Joo Won they admire his performances a lot and seeing joo won is like something of luxury since he acts wonderful really I was surprised in alice that his performance was the best of any other drama in which I have seen him I especially started to love him since he was an actor of whom he was not greedy to become famous if he did not give his full potential and of course how to forget his aegyo that I definitely fell in love as Kim Tae hee joo won said he makes girls fall in love with him for his aegyo and now that I remember I have r seen that in 2015 he really looked too tired on his face since he did most of the scenes in yongpal

:fullofhearts: hello. From what I know, during 2012 to 2016, JW didn't have good health due to heavy schedules, he got sick and had flu quite often. Even during many fan meetings, he was sick and still sang for his fans. Actually going to military is like a vacation for him. 

What I also like about JW oppa is also his pure attitude when it comes to acting and becoming a public figure. He doesn't exploit the success of his projects to earn fame or money. I think it must be thankful to his parents, who have raised my oppa so well. And he likely never  have problems with earning money for daily living. Even he said that he comes from an average family, from what I have read about him, I'm sure his family must be at least in medium-high class. I have never seen him with pressure for earning a lot money or fame. He just does what he wants and set his goal for a long future. 

Those fans who follow JW since the first days must have been going through a lot of strange feelings. Seeing Lee Kang To chasing around, fighting, yelling on weekdays, and suddenly at the end of the week, he becomes the whinning baby in 2 days 1 night. It was really hard to forget, and you really just admire him more. Eghhh, I need time to get used to a more mature JW oppa now. Anyway, his tweets on ins are still cute as ever. :selfie2:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

hello. From what I know, during 2012 to 2016, JW didn't have good health due to heavy schedules, he got sick and had flu quite often. Even during many fan meetings, he was sick and still sang for his fans. Actually going to military is like a vacation for him. 

What I also like about JW oppa is also his pure attitude when it comes to acting and becoming a public figure. He doesn't exploit the success of his projects to earn fame or money. I think it must be thankful to his parents, who have raised my oppa so well. And he likely never  have problems with earning money for daily living. Even he said that he comes from an average family, from what I have read about him, I'm sure his family must be at least in medium-high class. I have never seen him with pressure for earning a lot money or fame. He just does what he wants and set his goal for a long future. 

Those fans who follow JW since the first days must have been going through a lot of strange feelings. Seeing Lee Kang To chasing around, fighting, yelling on weekdays, and suddenly at the end of the week, he becomes the whinning baby in 2 days 1 night. It was really hard to forget, and you really just admire him more. Eghhh, I need time to get used to a more mature JW oppa now. Anyway, his tweets on ins are still cute as ever. :selfie2:

To tell the truth I am used to the old joo bone with the attitude from 2012 to 2017 since I have seen more videos from those years and the current videos are very few of joo won if as you say joo won seemed very exhausted and was in very poor health in those times so I'm glad that now he takes it very calm although as I said it is sad to hear from joo won after 1 or 2 months but I know that even if he is not active in networks until working a lot on the film set already that the action scenes that he does for the movie are very difficult and he has to do them without a stuntman ppr true I was surprised to see that joo won change of voice I do not know but his voice became very different after the army and I wonder why it will be?

10 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

I am also grateful to her parents since it seems her mother gives her a lot of advice and said that her mother told her never to lose her innocence and how pure she is since she knows what the entertainment world is like since I work as a makeup artist Korean actors

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

To tell the truth I am used to the old joo bone with the attitude from 2012 to 2017 since I have seen more videos from those years and the current videos are very few of joo won if as you say joo won seemed very exhausted and was in very poor health in those times so I'm glad that now he takes it very calm although as I said it is sad to hear from joo won after 1 or 2 months but I know that even if he is not active in networks until working a lot on the film set already that the action scenes that he does for the movie are very difficult and he has to do them without a stuntman ppr true I was surprised to see that joo won change of voice I do not know but his voice became very different after the army and I wonder why it will be?

I am also grateful to her parents since it seems her mother gives her a lot of advice and said that her mother told her never to lose her innocence and how pure she is since she knows what the entertainment world is like since I work as a makeup artist Korean actors

:dorashakes:I think his voice is still the same, just sounds more confident now. I have seen some of his new performances for Ghost musical, his voice is still as sweet as ever, but it's true that it's stronger and bigger. He doesn't look as shy as before in interviews. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Coco2000 said:

I think his voice is still the same, just sounds more confident now. I have seen some of his new performances for Ghost musical, his voice is still as sweet as ever, but it's true that it's stronger and bigger. He doesn't look as shy as before in interviews. 

If that I try to say although it sounds a little more serious than it was before I wonder why it will be if I agree with you before I used to be too shy I think it depends on the age at which you get and you are having more confidence with yourself I liked that joo won do the musical ghost again since he seems to love that job and does not want to lose the reason why he got into this world, I mean for musicals, if there is another opportunity in the future I would like to see him in another musical like la mancha since I sing one song of that musical in the army I sing several songs could you catch up by following joo won fans on instagram there is a lot of news

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Coco2000 said:

Hello friends, I'm new here, but actually I'm not new.

Hello @Coco2000:waves:

A warm welcome to Joo Won's thread from me as well!! So nice to read your thoughts on our favorite actor, and that you've been a fan for so many years. 

We haven't had that many updates lately (other than Carter related ones) but filming for the movie must be very time consuming and exhausting. I'm hoping Joo Won will take all the time he needs to rest once he's finished filming and maybe after we'll get more updates^^ Hopefully he'll be able to promote both Fire Fighters and Carter as fully as possible and that we'll get good drama news at some point too *fingerscrossed* 

• Like 6

I'm sure you guys already saw, Joo Won posted an IG story a couple of hours ago, promoting May23's new song: "The season we loved". 

Bildschirmfoto-2021-08-23-um-11-33-09.pn

Here's the whole song if anyone wants to listen to it. I thought it's really lovely, though I wish I understood the lyrics~~

• Like 6