Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

16 hours ago, agenth said:

Congrats to 15 years, still looking great and of course sublime acting!

Hahaha I couldn't finish The Last Empress because of the almost makjang plot. Should I try again? But I did enjoy his acting there.

I have not seen that many of his series. Going by the poll, I should watch Justice next?

Hey chingu! So glad to see you here :dorakiss:

To answer your question about The Last Empress and if you should finish it:

The Office No GIF

It's a drama that still makes me angry when I think about it.

:onfirex:

Can't believe the stunts the drama staff pulled on oppa in that one. They did him dirty

:fear:

Haven't watched Justice myself so can't say if it's any good. Have you watched Emergency Couple?

EDIT: Looks like chingu @gm4queen disagrees with regard to The Last Empress. :D  What I wrote above is just my opinion, of course. heheh

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

EDIT: Looks like chingu @gm4queen disagrees with regard to The Last Empress. :D  What I wrote above is just my opinion, of course. heheh

Ha ha!!! First of all, thanks a lot for tagging me on this poll dear! :) Yes, I dislike The Last Empress & that's my opinion about Choi Jin Hyuk's character in it. It was totally a waste of his talent. And I am glad that I've seen him in Fated to Love you, Justice & a little bit of Pride and Prejudice & Zoombie Detective.

And I really want him to play a lead guy in a rom-com next. Yes, he is totally a leading man type so looking forward for any news of his next project! :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Ha ha!!! First of all, thanks a lot for tagging me on this poll dear! :) Yes, I dislike The Last Empress & that's my opinion about Choi Jin Hyuk's character in it. It was totally a waste of his talent.

I agree with you 100%, chingu! :kiss_wink:

@agenth I was so excited back in the day when I heard good friends Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk would star in a drama together. And that they would be joined by Shin Sung Rok and Shin Eun Kyung. And it would be written by famous script writer Kim Sun Ok.

It started out so well, but back when the drama aired, dramas weren't pre-produced. Nowadays most dramas are almost fully pre-produced when they start airing because of stricter labor laws. So, the writer started changing the script according to the comments from k-netz. The comments were sympathetic towards the 2nd ML Shin Sung Rok who played a real psycho in TLE....

Well we all know what happens when the writer starts changing the script in every episode?

You guessed it:

train trainwreck GIF

In any case, they also decided to extend the drama, and well, Choi Jin Hyuk had other engagements already planned in his diary.

So...

SPOILER

Spoiler

He doesn't appear in the last episodes of the drama anymore. He just disappears and never gets a happy ending with the FL.

Also we get no kiss between Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk

:onfirex:

Like seriously?!?!?!?!?!? I watched 52 episodes for that ending?!?!?!?!

angry kristen wiig GIF

:kicks:

Yeah, it makes me angry. :rage: Oppa needs justice!

EDIT: It's been 2 years since the drama aired. I am surprisingly angry still. :joy:

• Sad 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

Hey chingu! So glad to see you here

To answer your question about The Last Empress and if you should finish it:

It's a drama that still makes me angry when I think about it.

Can't believe the stunts the drama stuff pulled on oppa in that one. They did him dirty

Haven't watched Justice myself so can't say if it's any good. Have you watched Emergency Couple?

@partyonthis is one of those rare dramas that don’t beat around the bush to get to the point. The story was quite dark but, captivating. The drama was intriguing, too. I love it - I find the drama good. I loved how they incorporated flashbacks, it felt so in place. I am so glad I picked up this drama. Loved watching CJH in this. I feel that this is a good fit for him. I find "Justice" quite the ride. I'm so glad Choi Jin Hyuk got a good role after what they did to him in "Last Empress." hahaha - (I understand what you feel)  This one didn't disappoint me. Justice's story may not be new in k-dramas, but the direction of this one was something quite rare for me.  :daydream:

• Blob 3

4 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Hahaha - it looks like "Tunnel" drama is the most-voted in the poll, dear @partyon. Of course, I voted for rom-com genre, which is my always favorite. 

Tunnel is really one of oppa's best dramas. And he was just perfect in that role. I couldn't see anyone else playing Park Kwang Ho as well as he did. :love:

tunnel_ep_6_0054.jpg?w=605&h=308

• Like 1
  • Love 3

credit to https://twitter.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1380893837275492356
posted on 10 April 2021

its already been 15 years. I am thankful to everyone who congratulated me. these days I am feeling even more thankful to those who supported me.

My belated Congratulations on your 15th Debut Anniversary, Zoppa!   Mian he  

credit as tagged

• Love 3

On 4/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, partyon said:

Tunnel is really one of oppa's best dramas. And he was just perfect in that role. I couldn't see anyone else playing Park Kwang Ho as well as he did. :love:

Thank you for setting the poll  :heart1:

Wow ‘Tunnel’  got the most votes.   You are right  There is only one Park Kwang Ho. That is CJH’s Park Kwang Ho.   Thank god he had ‘Tunnel’ as his comeback drama.  

PS Now I know why CJH stopped appearing in MLOB.  He found a new gig.  He will appear in a new Golf variety show, TV Chosun < Future Golf King> which is supposed to premiere  5/3 (or 5/10)

TKI3Bed.png

VZ4hq2j.png

https://m.blog.naver.com/bumsaeng1001/222303837201

MLOB :heartbreak:

Z6zlQjc.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

• booha changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁
14 hours ago, booha said:

PS Now I know why CJH stopped appearing in MLOB.  He found a new gig.  He will appear in a new Golf variety show, TV Chosun < Future Golf King> which is supposed to premiere  5/3 (or 5/10)

MLOB :heartbreak:

Golf show? :unamused:

As much as I love oppa, I think I will have to pass.

Chelsea Peretti No GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• LOL 5

Thanks for the update on his activities. Very unexpected but also makes sense to hear him join a golf show. I remember he mentioned in an interview that he discovered that he really liked golfing after learning it for Heirs. And to be honest, as obsessed as I am with Choi Jin Hyuk, I can't help but be relieved he is no longer doing invasive reality shows with multiple cameras in his home. I think it really affects my perception of him as an actor and it will distract me from immersing in his future dramas. By the way, are those two rolls of kitchen mats in the picture he posted on Instagram of the 15 anniversary gifts? ^^ I wanted to get him a splatter screen for when he pan fries the beef. Haha. Let's look forward to the golfing show hahaha I wonder how they will manage to make it interesting hahaha. But I understand everyone's disappointment. I never watch golf either. It's more fun to play golf in person, but watching it on TV seems really boring, doesn't it?

I also want to mention, I think the reason why we do feel a bit let down about the abrupt end to his appearance on My Little Old Boy is that the ending was really abrupt! The episode just ended literally in the middle of them still chatting in the living room. That was not well done at all. You don't wrap up a story like that. It leaves us literally hanging. And with all sorts of questions left unanswered. Such as, "Why does he have so many fridges?" and "Why does he have fermented skate in his fridge when he doesn't like to eat fish?" and "Why does he put his clothes on the floor to absorb splattering grease?". It feels like you're having a dream and then suddenly you wake up. The dream is all jumbled up and makes no sense. Right?

Edited by MaybeOneDay
  • LOL 6

@MaybeOneDay

Well you made a good summary of his onetime appearance in MLOB; jumbled up Spring dream haha :joy:
However I’m okay with it. It’s like seeing a slice of his life in an unscripted format.  But watching one episode might be sufficient I guess
I know it’s about time CJH has to have a break from a drama project for a while but he is a workaholic and he has to have a project.   This golf show is brand new.  Hopefully it has a good  production team.

About ‘a splatter screen’ I found a few in google   Someone also showed how it can be reused after it got used a few times and tossed away into a dark bottom cabinet.  :joy: 

hrcr9rH.jpg

8C3793v.jpg?1    c0q4pcJ.jpg?1

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

8 Korean Vampire/Zombie Dramas And Films For Chills And Thrills

Fantasy-themed K-dramas and films come in all shapes and sizes but those of the spooky and gory variety always have a special place in our hearts (nothing like a bit of blood and jump scares to get your weekly dose of heart-pumping aerobics after all).

Whether you are a fan of the cold and logical vampire prototype or simply someone who enjoys the suspense of watching hordes of mindless zombies on the tear, there’s something for everyone as they truly run the gamut.

Without further ado, here are eight Korean zombie/vampire dramas and films to thrill your senses this season!

2. “Zombie Detective

“Zombie Detective” is quite special in that the zombie in question, Kim Moo Young (Choi Jin Hyuk), starts off as something of a blank slate with no memories of his past. Unlike the stereotypical out-for-your-blood type of aggressive zombie that we’d expect, Moo Young has a heart of gold and is instead quite scared of people. In order to blend in, he has to learn the mannerisms of humans and even adopts a job as a private detective while he’s at it! This turns out to be a fortuitous decision as it was through this role that he meets former investigative journalist Gong Sun Ji (Park Ju Hyun) who joins hands with him to solve crimes and put together his lost memories.

If this all sounds serious and tense, you might be glad to know that “Zombie Detective” is actually a light touch on the supernatural genre with tons of comic relief in store for gut-busting good times!

zombie-detective.gif

Start watching “Zombie Detective”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, booha said:

About ‘a splatter screen’ I found a few in google   Someone also showed how it can be reused after it got used a few times and tossed away into a dark bottom cabinet.  :joy: 

How about we Soompi Forum CJH fans gift him one? :joy:

Wonder if he would put a pic of it on IG?

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

We could become famous!

:yaaa: 

• LOL 4

16 hours ago, partyon said:

How about we Soompi Forum CJH fans gift him one? :joy:

Wonder if he would put a pic of it on IG?

We could become famous!

:yaaa: 

Whaha yes I like to imagine all of CJH’s fans send to him ‘a splatter screen.’   He will have a big box full of splatter screens. Maybe he can use them as his wedding dowery?!  Lol :wow2::sweat_smile:

Yeah  I wonder what kind of reaction he will get from his new wife  whaha  

If he can’t use them all during his life time, yeah leave them as heirlooms to his kids and grandkids and so on…  :evillaugh:

I guess he has to explain to them about MLOB.  How his devoted fans were so distraught by seeing such an inept bachelor so they decided to send  him a life long supply of splatter screens.  haha  :joy:

:arrows1:

bUPmgYd.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

just tell me where to send the money! let's do this quickly before some other crazy fan group gets the same great idea and buys up all the splatter screens in Korea for him. I can imagine him sitting on his living room floor surrounded by boxes of splatter screens, googling ideas for making arts and crafts on his phone as mentioned with all the extra ones he's about to get...

• LOL 5

Thank you so much for voting in the Choi Jin Hyuk poll! :dorakiss:

qpwd6bkdkalgaxjttjpgak3cbgglerws_hq.jpg

In case you would like to go back and check the poll results, they can be found here.

@agenth @Min2206 @Skyline @MaybeOneDay @Prudence Lau @gm4queen @Sleepy Owl @JinHyuk_Supporter @celes80 @willenette @kdramagrandma @booha @Kal1203 @joccu @Lmangla @4evrkdrama

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2