Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 4/25/2017 at 10:36 AM, CarolynH said:

@gtLmh0622:  you gave me a laugh today. When I saw your post about Innisfree's growth ( before you corrected) I thought " I guess it's good they increased 30%, but wow, The Face Shop did really well" lol 

Hi CarolynH, THEFACESHOP is expanding fast, and now serves customers all over the world, with a global presence of many stores in other countries. :lol:

• Like 2

Credit: Weibo Get_It_K

From Chinese translation on interview with Star1

Q: Getting enlisted soon, what have you been up to lately?

LMH: After LOTBS, I was trying to look back and digest all the different events accumulated during that period. I am currently waiting to be enlisted.

Q: What are you thoughts and emotions regarding enlistment?

LMH: Actually there is nothing special. During this time, I came across a lot of other people's sadness and strange feeling towards enlistment. However, I don't have such state of mind, just have some regrets. Compared to enlistment, I have more emotions and regrets towards coming to an end of my 20s phase. I have already stepped into my 30s and have regrets towards increase in age (looking back) and also my acting works ....hahaha

Q: What does it mean to lose the "commoner" in LMH?

LMH: As an artiste, there is a degree of control and restrain on personal life, or the life of LMH. Seems like I have forgotten what I was like before. The period of enlistment seems like an opportunity for me to think about what are my pursuits in life, values etc.

Q: Seems like your enlistment is later then it should have been.

LMH: As you know, I had a major car accident when I was 20. The time between 21-22 years old was very difficult...state of mind, work, I had ever thought of enlisting during that time. However, my parents and management company convinced me to stay put. Actually, I was not physically fit at that time, I could not have made it even if I had wanted to.

Q: That is why you had the opportunity to work hard and become what LMH is now 

LMH: I will always think, if I was enlisted then, I would not have taken part in BOF and not have completed a blessed 20s phase. Hence, I will think that not enlisting earlier was a good choice. I worked on dramas for the past 10 years, experienced and tried what I was able to. I don't have regrets towards dramas. I acted a lot at a good age, received a lot of love from overseas fans. It seems like I have contributed to promote hallyu, feeling very blessed.

Q: Have not seen you in movie in a long time after Gangnam 1970.

LMH: Yes. I had actually wanted to make a movie before my enlistment. However, the shooting of LOTBS started later then scheduled and so it was difficult to find time for a movie. I long have thoughts about making movies when I am of a more matured age. So please look forward to the future. Let LMH as a person settle (more matured?) and LMH as an actor grow and by that time, I think by then it will be better for me to make movies. With that change, I have the ambition to make different genres of movies and work with many producers.

Q: What genre/ subject matter  of movies do you want to act in?

LMH: A challenge to reach out to the entire Asian market in the likes of James Bond and Mission Impossible type of movie. The earlier Hong Kong type of sentimental ove stories would also be something I wish to try. We are in a generation that straddles between film and digital era, hence that is a lot of nostalgia towards movies in film. Wish to take part in movies which reflect the era's societal happenings and values. Just like taking part in MBC's documentary DMZ, it can reflect some of my thoughts, is an area of interest to me. Just like Sunbae Gong Yoo's movie Silenced, as an actor to let the audience know what was of concern to him, it is a very meaningful job. 

This is only part one of the interview. Will work on Part 2 tomorrow if nobody has done it.

Night night Minoz. TGIF

D-14 to 512 :(

• Like 18

What a refreshing interview! He revealed more of his feelings :heart: I think that being with his own agency kinda broke down some of the barriers for him and I am excited to see and hear of the LMH that is yet to be! Certainly a man with a good heart that we can all wait for and look forward to. Thank you @heartLMH for the trans, with more to come! :wub:

e39f02b0gy1ff1e9vu8hqj20f00a0add.jpg

e39f02b0gy1ff1e9w9i30j20dw0ku7ca.jpg

• Like 13

Credit: Weibo Get_It_K

From Chinese translation on interview with Star1 Part 2

Q: We are all curious about "commoner" LMH's typical day off.

LMH : Just do nothing. Hahaha. I would have found things to do last time, not now. I don't particularly have anything that I specially like or am passionate about. I tried looking for something that I like or cultivate a hobby. I don't do anything, it's chronic fatigue most of the time.

Q : Do you have any food that you particularly like to eat?

LMH : This is too classic a question... ok....I like to eat "Mummy's rice" (Mummy's cooking). That is why my ideal type must be able to cook. Hahaha. My mum is a model homemaker, I grew up seeing her take control of affairs at home. I prefer a girl that takes after my mum.

Q : Another more classic question, what is the secret to upkeeping your looks?

LMH : Hahaha.... beauty regime..really didn't do anything. Perhaps I don't even do more than what most men do. Nowadays, people are very concerned with managing their looks, right? This is an old topic, I am a very basic person, I just make sure I properly cleanse and remove makeup.

Q : Like to go out and play or go for a vacation?

LMH : Once I am out, I would feel tired. For example, I went somewhere for a meal, I don't wish for people to talk about it after that. Recently the social media is very advanced, if a picture was taken it would be circulated with useless remarks, and this caused me to be very emotionally drained. Although this didn't cause any major incidents to happen or hurt anyone, but people who don't know me speak about this and that of me really causes one's heart to be tired.

Q : Albeit this way, you walked through these 10 years in low profile.

LMH : I am more low profile...hahaha. I survived through earnesty and without any major catastrophes. Despite this, I did get lost along the journey and my thoughts changed. When I first debuted, I thought I will not hide my activities, but slowly and unknowingly, I wanted to hide myself in a corner. I am basically an extrovert, but I have since become more conservative. However when I am working with everyone, I still behave like an extrovert. Outside this time or in life, it seems that I have become more conservative (introvert?)

Q : Without realising, you have many hoobaes.

LMH : If there are opportunities, I hope I can be a sunbae whom hoobaes who need help can lean on. In reality, 80% artistes or singers in the entertainment circle are unable to start in a good environment. For me too. There are times when there are clashes and there is a need for an outlet which you can hear objective comments. When making any decisions ,may also meet some difficulties. I had experienced all these when I debuted at 20. Recently when I meet with hoobaes, I would also talk about these difficulties .

Q : To not be an actor but a soldier, what would you like to challenge on?

LMH : To me, living a routined life is in itself a very big challenge. Hahaha because when I was schooling, I had never got out of bed to be in time for school. I personally do not like alcohol and do not like to wander outside till late at night. Just by staying at home, I feel that there are many things to do. I like to stay up late even when I am home.  I will only go to sleep after being frustrated with what I was doing. 

Q : What are the words you would like to say most to your fans? 

LMH : Actually I cannot 100% empathise with what the fans are feeling. Because I have not particularly liked or sought after someone (he meant idol I believe ). I don't have a favourite artiste and hence am unable to experience the feelings of what it is like to be a fan. Although I can't understand how the fans are feeling towards not being able to see me for 2 years, the sadness, regrets  and encouragement, I have received them and could feel them. Everyone be healthy, do your own thing and if you live a full life, time will pass by very quickly. Wait for my return, I wish to use my works to cure (the painful waiting period?)

Translation of Part 2 of the interview as promised.

It was indeed a very candid interview. Didn't give politically correct or sugar coated words. Just true to himself. Behind all that fame and glory, there were many sacrifices made on his personal life which commoners like us will never understand. On the other side, it is almost impossible for him to understand how it is like being a Minoz. Ironically, there still lies a beautiful connection between LMH and Minoz. 

D-13. Have a good weekend Minoz...

• Like 17

@heartLMH I hope you know how much we appreciate you :wub:

indeed, our boy has started to be more candid and am lovin' it. Shows that he's more confident and at peace with himself. No reason for him not to, with a great body of work and a seemingly stable personal life. His only apprehension seems to be in the area of his future works---what to do next in order to be more relevant and successful in the next decade of his life. Very normal, we all experienced this when we got to the end of each decade of our lives.  

"eommabab"...so sweet and cute of him. I worder though if he was throwing a hint to somebody  :tongue:

i felt his sense of regret when he said that when he debuted he didn't want to hide his real self but as it turned out his fame forced him against a wall and he had to be more reclusive and controlled. My heart broke when he said that he can't even go out and enjoy a meal without people taking pictures and making comments about him without knowing him, thus forcing him to limit his activities to work and the 4 walls of his home. The price he has to pay for his success :(

I find his honesty very refreshing. He acknowledged that he can't empathize with all the hoopla from fans because he never idolized anyone in his life. Yet he also felt his fans' sadness over his 2-year absence.  How sweet it is of him to wish us to stay healthy and pursue whatever makes us happy during his absence and time will fly fast! 

Yes, Minoz! We will survive the next 2 years because he's also thinking of us and preparing for his next comeback! 

e3970d78gy1ff2p1kcnacg20ci0dihdt.gif

cr Legend

• Like 14

• Like 10

@minholady Thanks for sharing your trip to Seoul. How did you know how to find the right hotel and all the places pertaining to LMH's dramas to visit e.g his CH dramas and his PT esp. Sangojae? Did you have to do a lot of research before hand?

@heartLMH Thanks for doing the translation for Start 1 magazine, really appreciate it. Like Pixie, I find his interview more open and honest and it gives more insight about himself than previously, more about his thoughts, his feelings, his personality. I  think he is leaving for 2 years, he wants to share more about himself, his regrets, etc. It is true when you reach a milestone, you think you are getting old. That is why women say that they are always 29 :D. When you reach 18 or 21 and become an adult, you miss your childhood. I can understand his feelings. These 2 years should give him more freedom and more peace. He does not have to rush around and have more time for himself and his friends. He seems so fatigued all the time. Now he has time to rest and eat omma's cooking instead of traveling all over the world. He should come back after 2 years all refreshed. It is sad that he cannot be out in the public freely because of SMS, and the nasty or senseless comments about him flying around the social media which in no way mirrors the truth. He has to be careful and restrain himself. It is safer to be home and keep a low profile. Perhaps he could visit friends in their homes. He can't understand being a fan, that was funny, he is probably wondering what makes someone so interested in a stranger or public figure since he never felt it himself even for a football star. :) Anyway enjoyed the translation. Monika Setiano has one on her blog as well.

• Like 11

There is an event for overseas Minoz from Asia Minoz FB :

Title : Minoz Right Here Waiting For You & Congratulations To Lee Minho (이민호)11Th Debut Anniversary

We Wish all The world Minoz can join this event post photo in Facebook Timeline, Twitter, IG & all Social Network with hashtag As below :

Date : 10/05/2017 To 12/05/2017

Created Photo
1. Design Card with word
- "Lee Min Ho" Always With You
- Any of LeeMinHo official merchant

2. Hashtag & Twitter all the social network ( can select either 2 Hashtag)
#AlwaysWithLeeMinHo
#WeLoveLeeMinHo
#李敏鎬我们等你回来
#李敏鎬出道十一周年

Co operator with oversea Fans club
LMHInternational
Singapore Minoz
Asia Minoz 아시아 미노즈
Lee Min Ho World Fans Club
李敏鎬與小花 LEE MIN HO & Love Blossom
@台湾敏鎬姐姐饭
李敏鎬鐵杆後援會 이민호 Lee Minho Hardcore Fan Club

Spoiler

18157685_680350288823253_313244336037429

• Like 6

Most welcome for the translation, just my little contribution to the group here.

I have also read ithat as a non active soldier, working hours are regular in public organisations and they will have free time in the evenings and during weekends. Basically a lot of private time, hence I hope he will catch on lost freedom, find time to appreciate mom's cooking, date, gather with friends, sleep and do nothing. However,  I somehow think he will not slack but spend time with the management company to review opportunities or do things to enrich himself.

May he enjoy doing what he is tasked and continue to be an exemplary example. Why am I hoping that the public organisation that he is serving in will engage him as the poster boy? Wishing thinking, I know!

D-12 to 512. 

• Like 10

Hi @CallieP and @pixie0622 , it was my pleasure to tell you my experience. I do not want to leave Seoul , I think  I left my heart there.  The city is so efficient, the directions are well  detailed and the food is great. Yes, I have researched a lot and booked my day tours  (only the Namsan Trek and The HanGan River Cruise) via Trazy.com. The rest of our tours were via train and a lot of walking. I personally like Lotte since LMH is one of the models and I know the Star Avenue, Lotte Duty Free and Lotte Department Store are all located just beside the other building which is connected via basement of the hotel. The  hotel also has it's own exit from the subway Exit 8 Euiljiro 1ga Station which is so convenient for us to explore the whole city. It is also walking distance from the starting point of Cheongyye Stream which I personally love because  it's so romantic during night time and Myeongdong for shopping. In front of the hotel is the Seoul City Hall and the Library. We did't get to enjoy the oval which transforms  into a skating rink  during winter (JunPyo and Jandi moment) because there was a massive rally ongoing from our time of arrival till our departure.  Even the Gwanghamun Square was full of people and tents. 

Here are my notes hope this helps: (this is from Euiljiro  1 Ga Station) Station nearest to Lotte :

To Youeido Island which will lead you to HanGang Park (LOTBS) , Parliament House(City Hunter)  and Cherry Blossom Avenue . 

Line2 Green Euiljiro-Ga 1 to Chungjeongno Station -Get Off Line 2 Transfer to Line 5(violet)

Line 5 go to Yeouido Station Exit 3

To Anguk:To Buckhon Hanok Village (Sanggojae -Personal Taste) 

Line 2 Green Euiljiro 1-ga to Euiljiro 3 (get off line 2 transfer to Line 3 - Orange) 

Line 3 Orange go to Anguk Station for Buckhon Hanok Village (Exit 1or 2)

Walk around 500 meters straight you will cross a major road (just walk past it). The environment there has Korean feels since on the right are the UriJip (Hanok Tradtional Houses).  On the opposite side of the road is the way to Sanggojae (there is a pharmacy at the corner of the street before entering Buckchon -it's in Hangul and the color of the signage is green) .  There you can find lots of information officers to lead you the way to #43 Buckhon -ro 1 Ga gil (Sanggojae) house it's in the corner of  the uphill road. 

To Gangnam

Line 3 All the way to Gangnam Station same line (Line 2) 

To Dongguk University (Namsan Tower) 

Line 2 Green Euiljiro-1 ga to Euiljiro-3 Ga (get off line 2 transfer to Line 3 Orange)

Line 3 Dongguk University Exit 6  

To Gyeonbukgung Palace 

Line 2 Green Euiljiro-1 ga to Chungjeongno (Get off line 2 to Line 5 Violet)

Line 5 Violet - to Gwanghamun Exit 2 and walk 400 meters  

To Namsangol Hanok Village

Line 2 Green Euiljiro-1 ga to Euiljiro-3 -ga-one station only( get off Line 2 transfer to Line 3 Orange) one station only Chungmoro Station Exit 4 

To Dongdaemun Plaza 4 stations away Line 2 Green from Euilji-ro 1ga Exit1

To Naksan Park

Line 2 Eulijiro-1ga to Dongdaemun History and Culture Park (transfer train to Line 4- Blue)

Jeondong-gil Road (walk) from the hoel 

Deoksugung Palace -(walk) from the hotel 

City Hall -(walk) from the  hotel 

Cheongyyecheon Stream(walk)

Myeongdong(walk)

Heojun-jae's house (walk) -Sogong-ro6 ga-gil

just trek the Street  Sogong-ro from the hotel on your left is Hotel President (that's the Sogong-ro Avenue) , behind Hotel President is Westin Chosun (you're on the right track) , just walk past behind it , you will cross Myeongdong (going to Namsan Area) same Avenue) , walk around 10minutes and before the road ends there is an uphill little street on your left  which will lead you to the familiar stairs of HoeJunJae's house -if you will trek topmost stair you can see that the house is located along Sogong-ro 4 ga gil. 

Goodluck and I am sure you will enjoy Seoul. 

• Like 8