Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2021 on Apple TV + : Pachinko];
19 hours ago, syntyche said:

You mean a name for our group? When we sent a gift to LMH when he went to MS, I think we called ourselves Soompi Minoz. I'm good with that, unless we can think of a better name. Hopefully, many chingus would participate in this project.

Oh, you probably have a better memory.  I only remember how challenging it was.  Does anyone want to volunteer to be the chairperson?  

boys over flowers drama s GIF

Who's ready to watch the great GJP at our next netflix watch party?  All you need is a laptop /desktop and a netflix subscription.  It seriously is a lot of fun.  Let me know and I'll start a PM group.

@Nikaa:  this thread will explode when LMH finally confirms for something.  :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 2

On 6/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

Minoz Mexico is celebrating Lee Min Ho's birthday together in town!

mpactados-hasta-a-los-bebes/

Wow! I really like the Minomi and Mexican celebrations for LMH's birthday!

On 6/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho celebrates the new year with a 'mountain' of gifts and flowers

On the evening of June 22, Lee Min Ho showed off a room filled with balloons, flowers and gifts to celebrate his 34th birthday. The actor couldn't hide his happy smile at the fans' love for him.

On his personal page, Lee Min Ho shared a series of photos of himself standing among hundreds of flower bouquets, balloons and gifts to celebrate his turning of a new age. Attached to the photo, the actor did not write anything but only updated the expression of gratitude, shock and happiness for receiving so much love from fans. The movie star The Heirs also revealed a bright smile in a space filled with his birthday gifts.

Lee Min Ho's post quickly caused a fever on social networks . As of noon on June 23, the series of moments when the 34-year-old male god celebrates his birthday has attracted nearly 4.5 million likes on Instagram and about 1.5 million likes and hearts on Facebook . There are also more than hundreds of thousands of happy birthday comments for Lee Min Ho .

Also on June 22, the actor born in 1987 updated his childhood photos on the occasion of turning a new age. The image of Lee Min Ho as a child also swept all over the media and caused a storm on social networks. All of them show the strong influence of this Korean star , although he has not had any new works since the King: Eternal Monarch .

The latest project that Lee Min Ho confirmed is Pachinko , expected to be 8 episodes long. Pachinko is based on the book of the same name by writer Lee Min Jin Korean-American, tells the story of Koreans living in Japan War era world Monday. In a foreign land, they have to face prejudice and racism.

In 2019, Pachinko was nominated for the Korean National Book Award and was called "Book of the Year" by international media. The book was also praised by former President Barack Obama and recommended to readers.

In addition to Lee Min Ho, Pachinko also features Youn Yuh Jung , the star who has just won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in Minari. Pachinko has already begun filming and will premiere sometime in the second half of 2021 on Apple TV+. The film is directed by Korean-American producer Su Hue and produced by author Lee Min Jin.

https://thanhnien.vn/giai-tri/lee-min-ho-mung-tuoi-moi-cung-nui-qua-va-hoa-1402990.html

26 Korean Dramas That Are Total Must Watches

At the 2020 Golden Globes, South Korean director Bong Joon Ho's said "once you overcome the one-inch tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films," and his words could not be true.

Whether you're an avid K-drama watcher, or you're looking for something new to watch, there's a K-drama for everyone. Here are 26 of my favourites!

Boys Over Flowers

Liked Gossip Girl? …Well then you'll love this. Boys Over Flowers is the OG of K-dramas, and if you are looking for something classic, this is the one. Geum Jan-Di is a poor girl who is given a scholarship to Shinhwa High, one of the most elite schools in South Korea. There she meets the notorious F4, a group of the richest and most powerful boys in the school, and finds herself standing up to the group's leader Goo Joon-Pyo. Joon-Pyo has never been challenged before (go figure), and when he starts developing feelings for Jan-Di (typical, but I love it) he realises that not everything can be bought with money. This drama is a Korean adaptation of the Japanese show Hana Yori Dango and it is so worth watching!

Watch it on:  Netflix, Viki

The Heirs, AKA The Inheritors

This is basically the modern version of Boys Over Flowers. A tale of young love, friendship, and sacrifice. The show is truthful and heartwarming, and even though it's a typical rich boy-poor girl storyline, the love-affirming romantic scenes will tug on your emotions. Actor Lee Min-Ho plays Kim Tan, who falls in love with Cha Eun-Sang – played by none other than South Korea's sweetheart Park Shin-hye. The pair find it hard to exist in each other's worlds, but push through to find some middle ground amongst all the madness around them. This drama is ridiculously dramatic and intense and has a star-studded cast. You'll find loads of big names such as Kim Woo-bin, Fx’s Krystal Jung, and CNBLUE’s Kang Min-Hyuk.

Watch it on: Netflix, Viki

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hafsaahmed/k-dramas-must-watch

LEE MIN HO FLIES THROUGH THE SKY OF ARGENTINA THANKS TO HIS FANS

The MINOZ fan club from Argentina rented a plane and hired a professional skydiving service to hold in midair a canvas with the image of Lee Min Ho. The actor's figure seized the sky of Argentina for several minutes.

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/lee-min-ho-cumpleanos-proyecto-argentino-paracaidismo-20210623-0004.html

The Sky Diving LMH birthday celebration is awesome

4 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Minoz asked Lee Min Ho: “what are you doing these days?”

Lee Min Ho said Next work selection”

he said it himself this time, it’s LEGIT

Did he really say "Next project selection" ?  I dare not hope that he means it.  Almost given up hope.  I hope he will start filming soon if true not in 2022.  In one month.

What dish would I share with him?  Fried Chicken!  :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE MIN HO!  WAITING FOR A PRESENT FROM YOU.  NEW MOVIE OR DRAMA SOON!

:yaaa:

On 6/22/2021 at 5:39 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

Happy birthday to our lovely bb.

So many blue and purple gifts to him from fans.

Hide contents

006xGvo0ly1grqttdq1sej32ao328b2a.jpg

cr as tagged

I can't see the pictures too, @CarolynH

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images/ videos/ GIFs/ Tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:04 PM, CarolynH said:

Is there any interest in contributing, in the future, to Minoz projects such as the Co-ex display for LMH's birthday and his debut anniversaries?

I'd be more interested in doing a project as the Soompi Minoz through Promiz. He already seems to get plenty of publicity. There must be something we could do that would be of interest to Soompi fans around the globe. Any interest/ideas?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Dear Oppa: A fan from Bangladesh thanks Lee Min Ho for introducing her to the beautiful KDrama world

In the latest edition of Dear Oppa, Juliana Tasnova Prima from Bangladesh dedicates her sweet letter to the heartthrob

With his 2009 drama called ‘Boys over Flowers’, Lee Min Ho became a powerhouse of talent and one of the biggest Korean actors. Even after almost 13 years, he has made an irreplaceable place for himself in the Korean entertainment industry. For many Korean culture fans, his dramas are non-skippable. His drama’s roster boasts of ‘Legend of The Blue Sea’, ‘City Hunter’, ‘The Heirs’, ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ and more. He celebrated his birthday two days ago and uploaded a photo of the room full of gifts his fans sent him, from across the globe!

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Juliana Tasnova Prima from Bangladesh to the Korean heartthrob, Lee Min Ho. Read her letter below.

Dear Min Ho oppa,

First love is very meaningful to each person. And you are my "Korean first love".

I am Tasnova prima from Bangladesh. When I was admitted to medical college, I was so depressed because of my study and personal life.Then I started watching a Korean drama named "Boys over flowers" with my 2 friends. It was my first K-drama. To be honest, at first, I didn't like "Junpyo" who was a rude guy and I didn't like his curly hair. But after few episodes, I fell for that rude guy. The curly haired boy made my heart flutter. The park scene was my most favourite romantic scene that I watched many times. In the helicopter, when you said , "Did you see my heart?"  Wow, it was so heart touching! The "Junpyo" role was perfectly portrayed by you. No other could be so perfect for this role.

Then I started to watch your dramas and other K-dramas.You were like a healer to me. And "Junpyo" is one of my most favourite drama characters.

You are not only a good actor. But also a kind, humble, soft-hearted person in your real life. You are a handsome man with a pretty soul. I will always support you as a true fan. When you went for military training, I was eagerly waiting for your comeback. When you returned, I was so happy that I can't express now. "After making me suffer so much. Finally!"

Not only me, there are many fans in Bangladesh. You can't imagine how much they love you. You are one of the most popular Korean actors in our country. Our K-drama world is incomplete without you.

Oppa, thanks a lot for introducing me to this happy world, "K-Drama" world. Many Bangladeshi fans became K-drama fans after watching your dramas.

You are a very special person in my life. I know, someday you will get your special person too. Yes, I will be a little bit jealous. Ha ha, but I will respect your choices and feelings. I want to say that the girl will be one of the luckiest girl in the world who will get the "Dream man" of many K-drama fans. I hope you will get someone who will love you unconditionally like Shim Cheong loved Heo Joon Jae. Best of luck for your upcoming dramas. Be happy with our little, cute "Choco".

I will support and love you forever, my idol.

"I feel that my love will be no longer than my life. So that's why in this life, my love won't end."

Happy Birthday Dear.

Juliana Tasnova Prima

Love from Minoz Bangladesh

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-fan-bangladesh-thanks-lee-min-ho-introducing-her-beautiful-kdrama-world-787660

Lee Min Ho's fans send him numerous gifts for his 35th birthday, enough to fill up his entire living room

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho celebrated his 35th birthday, and his fans from all across the globe sent him numerous gifts.

On the 22nd, Lee Min Ho shared on his Instagram photos showing off the birthday gifts and flower bouquets that he received from his fans.

Also, in the photos, Lee Min Ho can be seen being buried in gifts such as flowers, cakes, balloons, and gift boxes. He received enough gifts that can fill up his entire living room without any room to step in.

Lee Min Ho also gained attention when he revealed the gifts he received from his fans last year, which also filled up the room.

In the post, Lee Min Ho wrote a message thanking his fans, saying, "Thank you, Thx. I'm happy." On the same day, he even posted a childhood photo as a way to express his gratitude toward his fans.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/06/lee-min-hos-fans-send-him-numerous-gifts-for-his-35th-birthday-enough-to-fill-up-his-entire-living-room

What unites Lee Jong Suk, Lee Min Ho, and BTS's Jin?

spacer.png

They all studied at the same university - Konkuk University. Lee Jong Suk majored in film studies, Lee Min Ho studied Film and Art, as did Kim Seokjin, who graduated in Film and Art. 

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/lee-jong-suk-lee-min-ho-y-jin-bts-universidad-konkuk-20210624-0010.html

16 Korean actors to follow on Instagram if you love K-dramas

Whether it’s the diversity in storytelling or the slick production value, Korean dramas have made a permanent place in the hearts of TV viewers across the globe. Netflix India reported that during the lockdown in 2020, K-dramas saw a surge of 370 per cent in viewership. It goes without saying that K-drama stars have also managed to find a place amongst some of the most followed celebrities in the world. If you, like many others, have been swept by the Hallyu wave, we’ve compiled a list of all the popular Korean actors that you can follow on Instagram for a sneak peek into what they are like off-screen, and keep tabs on their upcoming projects.

Lee Min-ho

spacer.png

At 24.1 million followers, actor Lee Min-ho is currently the most-followed Korean actor on Instagram. The actor has been credited as being a huge part in bringing about the Hallyu wave that has taken over the world. His work in iconic K-dramas like Boys Over Flowers (2009), The Heirs (2013) and, more recently, The King: Eternal Monarch (2020) has made him one of the highest-paid actors in Korea. Despite his titles, the actor’s Instagram shows a more relatable side of the celebrity, with blurry selfies, food pictures, and candid photos of his friends.

https://www.vogue.in/culture-and-living/content/top-korean-actors-kdrama-stars-on-instagram-park-seo-joon-hyun-bin-park-min-young

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho, 34, has 3 secrets to maintain his looks and peak figure

2021/06/25

Spoiler

c0e3ba456fdb41a7b4947aa96d3429cd.jpeg

Today is Obama's 34th birthday! Happy birthday~ Recently, Ouba is really super handsome, and he rarely gets black photos of edema and fattening! After all, long-legged Obama Lee Min Ho once said that he is very prone to swelling, and even his facial features will be distorted after swelling! In order to maintain the contours and muscle lines, he is very self-disciplined, relying on diet control and fitness exercises to maintain the physical state, get up and see the good figure of the male god!

ce25524d9a034f438008be3e0d524eb7.jpeg

Lee Min Ho's secret to reducing edema: melons and fruits to reduce edema

Lee Min Ho, who has an edema constitution, will eat more foods that can help diuresis and reduce edema, watermelon, cucumber, winter melon, banana, grapefruit, etc. to help remove excess water from the body, and maintain a light diet with less oil and salt to maintain the body. In addition, the most important point is that "he doesn't like to drink." He will avoid alcohol as much as possible regardless of celebrations or dinner parties. Wine is equal to liquid bread. If you don't want to become a beer belly, you should stay away as much as possible! If you want to have a drink at a dinner party, in addition to drinking less, choose distilled alcohol with less sugar as much as possible, and drink more water to help your body's metabolism!

385eb402e94645838014a7e53cd34a69.jpeg

Long-legged Obama Lee Min Ho, in order to maintain a lean figure and control his weight, he will carry out self-training every day, swimming, running, heavy training, badminton, and even surfing. Use diversified exercises to exercise different muscles in order to look perfect from every angle! In addition to exercise, male gods will also take more rest to reduce physical fatigue, which can help to lose weight!

Spoiler

2d3ea6601ca54a0eb1436762acaa3cff.jpeg

Lee Min Ho's good life habit: Not lying in bed! Wake up when the alarm goes off

Long-legged Oppa Lee Min Ho is very self-disciplined, not bad for bed! He said: "Lying in bed has no quality of sleep at all. Even if you spend 15 minutes in bed, you don't have a rest!" After he gets up and eats breakfast, he takes a shower to refresh his mind, and alternately showers with cold and warm water to make himself more awake. Start exercising after breakfast is digested. If you want to become a handsome guy, you really have to develop good habits!

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/7f820fb71d47b8d68d5d8cad461abcae.html

What Pinoy men can learn about skin care from Korean ‘oppas’

By: Ruth L. Navarra

Lifestyle160462.jpg

The market of K-dramas is women. You can tell from the way the men are portrayed.

Male characters are often larger than life. There’s always a gratuitous shower scene or on-screen wardrobe change where the lead (or the gorgeous second lead) would show off his sculpted abs. They fulfill different fantasies for women...

Thus, K-drama sets up the men to be the bait to hook audiences. Camera angling would make the male leads look like they are looking straight at you from the TV screen. It would accentuate the actors’ sharp jawlines, while the lighting highlights their poreless complexion.

The men are always beautiful in K-dramas. There is a premium in defying age, thus anything that could add years to the face, such as beards and mustaches, is removed.

Roald Maliangkay, head of Korean studies at the Australian National University, in his 2010 study “The Effeminacy of Male Beauty in Korea,” names Bae Yoong-jun in “Winter Sonata” and Lee Joon-gi in the film “The King and The Clown” as markers of the rise of popularity of the feminization of Korean male beauty.

Soft, sensitive

Maliangkay cites several reasons for the phenomenon. One of them is the lifting of the ban against Japanese pop culture in 1998. As a result, the yaoi (boy love) genre in comics became popular. Maliangkay wrote that “men are commonly depicted with somewhat elf-like features . . . they are idealized as soft, sensitive and selfless.”

This type of beauty is referred to as kkonminam or flower boys. Lee Min-ho quickly comes to mind, as he starred in the series “Boys over Flowers.” He played the stylish and vain Gu Jun-pyo, leader of F4 or Flower Four.

Before this, Maliangkay notes that the macho type dominated the entertainment industry. They were often depicted as tough men who had to “show their grit as soldiers, gangsters, or policemen, often sorting out differences through violent means.”

Maliangkay also wrote that the financial crisis of 1997 was also a factor in the kkonminam craze. Women rebelled against the macho archetype. Their rage over gender inequality and sexism at work pushed them to look for something different.

“While the softer male image was therefore partly born out of criticism, it also had the potential to make the opposite sex look more powerful,” he wrote.

Perhaps, this is where the strength of the Hallyu (Korean) wave lies. It recognized the power of women globally. The men embraced prioritizing women’s wants and needs. They even invested in their aesthetic to look pleasing to their market...

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/384791/what-pinoy-men-can-learn-about-skin-care-from-korean-oppas/amp/

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Lee Min Ho is talented even in school, what am I studying?

Kpop Let's GO Jun 24, 2021

lee-min-ho-es-talentoso-incluso-en-la-es

Lee Min Ho has devoted special time to academic preparation, so in addition to being a drama star, he has a college degree, which he puts into practice.

Since childhood, Lee Min Ho dreamed of becoming a football player, but fate led him to the knowledge of acting and success in it, can you imagine what degree he studied at the university? You will be surprised to know that his studies are also linked to his career in entertainment.

As you read, this Korean celebrity not only has a knack for portraying the adorable characters that make our hearts beat faster in K-dramas, but also prepared to learn about what surrounds an acting career.

Among the educational institutions where Lee Min Ho studied throughout his life, there are Namseung Elementary School, Banpo Middle School and Dankuk Middle School, but he made a very important decision when it came to going to college.

Lee Min Ho's passion for acting was evident in his studies.
The protagonist of The King: Eternal Monarch was an employee of Konkuk University, which has campuses in Seoul and the other in Chungju. The school's representative color is green and its mascot is a bull as a symbol of diligence.

Lee Min Ho entered this school and it was here that he specialized in a career in cinematic art, which was very much in line with the activities that made him famous around the world.

Aside from work, one of the actor's hobbies is watching movies, and we recently saw him start creating his own YouTube content through Lee Min Ho Films, so he never ceases to amaze us with all his talents.

Translation from spanish google

https://kpopletsgonews.net/idols/lee-min-ho-es-talentoso-incluso-en-la-escuela-que-estudio/

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

24 minutes ago, syntyche said:

LMH spoiling us with all these pics

Yes!  He must have heard our concerns, our missing-you-so-much cries.  

13.jpg?type=w1200

@Nikaa and chingus, Lee Min Ho-ssi posted so many pics on his wall.   Thank you @syntyche for sharing here and the MYM ones as well.

:doggie:

17.jpg?type=w1200

07.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

spacer.png

Lee Min-ho captivated fans with his unrealistic visuals.

Actor Lee Min-ho posted several photos on his Instagram on the 25th, along with a message titled "Finding Minomi."

The photo released shows Lee Min-ho leisurely walking around the shop. Lee Min-ho casually went out wearing a white top, black pants and a cross bag.

He also left a photo with a large figure beside him, where he showed off his long legs and drew attention. In addition, he showed off his unique appearance even though he wore a mask.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho is set to release the Apple TV+ drama series "Pachinko." Based on the best-selling novel of the same name written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin, "Pachinko" is an eight-episode series which features the epic story of four generations of Korean immigrant families.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202106252255489071466_1

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Who's ready to watch the great GJP at our next netflix watch party?  All you need is a laptop /desktop and a netflix subscription.  It seriously is a lot of fun.  Let me know and I'll start a PM group.

ME!

tumblr_ouv9aszLnG1w2zf0ho1_540.png

:dorashakes::dorashakes:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 6/24/2021 at 10:25 PM, msdot said:

I'd be more interested in doing a project as the Soompi Minoz through Promiz. He already seems to get plenty of publicity. There must be something we could do that would be of interest to Soompi fans around the globe. Any interest/ideas?

Doing something through Promiz is a great idea!

ChIdpguU8AAUQR5.jpg

(From 2016 SINA interview for Bounty Hunters):

SINA: What do you want to do to fans who really like to give you a lot of gifts?

Lee Min Ho: Yes on some days, I actually would like it if my fans prefer to give the presents to those in needs and take care of each other more, in my opinion it’ll make more sense since I know my fans are loving and kind-hearted people. 

:happy2::happy2:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

A Turkish Youtuber re-edited Boys over flowers into 23 mins cut and remastered it and it became quite the hit on Youtube. It has already 11m views and it is just 1 month old. I saw it for the first time 2 days ago and thought for myself wow this is great edit and remastering. It just reminded me of how outlandish characters Gu Jun-pyo and Geum Jandi were and what made them interesting is that they were both batshit crazy.. Insane people make for good entertainment and the more insane they are the better

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2