Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Really miss her so much. I don't care about her costars but just want to see her. I hope she will one day collaborate with my favorite female lead like Jung Yumi and Song Hye Kyo because to honest like someone mentioned here I'm loosing my interest in Korean entertainment too. No one seem to interest me so far. Not even the k-actors can hold my interest. Still sticking around because Ji Min, Song Hye Kyo and Jung Yumi. Can't wait to see our beautiful Ji Min. December 10 please come by sooner. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and be safe. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CICeFDSnWc8/?igshid=8a3oqx15otzw

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Has anyone seen the original Japanese movie? From what I gathered so far, I’m really glad that in this version they toned down the “cruelty” factor a lot; also Yeong Suk seems to also be portrayed poles apart from the original version who is a womanizer. I don’t expect any happy ending but just hope that it won’t be so sad like the original...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Has anyone seen the original Japanese movie? From what I gathered so far, I’m really glad that in this version they toned down the “cruelty” factor a lot; also Yeong Suk seems to also be portrayed poles apart from the original version who is a womanizer. I don’t expect any happy ending but just hope that it won’t be so sad like the original...

I have seen the original as I was curious why Ji min picked Josee as her follow up movie to Miss Baek. The korean version from what I see is poles apart. The only similarity I think is that Josee is disabled and she will fall in love with Young seok. The grandmother i do think will be loving here compared to the original. And there are scenes that are R rated but we can be sure this will not be the case here. Director said he changed the story a lot so I am expecting a really improved version. Also, I am not sure if I am the only one but I am kinda annoyed with Josee in the japanese version lol.

More guestings for Ji min. We need to savor it because after this, Ji min will be in hiatus again:D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@richelle me too! I didn’t understand the message that the original tried to convey. The whole theme was dark and depressing like many other typical Japanese productions. I personally found that movie cruel and it left me with a bitter taste upon finishing. Totally disliked the Japanese Yeong Suk as well. Talking about R rated scenes, I think it is very fitting to the Korean culture to remove them from the movie. When they do young love movies they like to portray the purest kind of love eg The Classic 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@richelle @inBinJinitrust, allow me to join in your conversation. I will not compare, though, as I haven’t watched Jiimin’s version. I will only share my opinion on the original version. Here goes,

Cinematography and the overall color tone of the movie was sad and bleak. Maybe because it was filmed in 2003 with the movie-making technology available at that time. Josee’s character in the movie is not sweet and sometimes on the brazen side. Young seok, who loved her but was daunted by the reality of taking care of a disabled person, broke her heart and left. l was totally sad and disappointed too! Who doesn’t want a happy ending to a love story?

Aptly titled Josee, the movie was really only about Josee, a disabled woman who had Young seok at one point in her life - showed her the outside world and the realities of life, taught her about love and all of its myriad of emotions - happy, anxious, hopeful, sad, excited, sensual, etc. 

When I think of the Japanese film, I see the last scene where Josee was seen happily going about the town by herself able to fend for herself. Not a happy ending for her love stroy with Young-seok but definitely a positive ending for Josee, the person - resilient and happy!

Jimin’s movie is a remake so it will show the PD’s own creativity which I am sure will be a lovely one as seen in the trailer and still cuts of the movie, showing the visual chemistry of jimin and njh, their expressive eyes, the look and feel is outstanding and of course, Jimin in the lead role already assures me that it is going to be a great movie that will be remembered for a long time. It will be a tear jerker but I am ready to cry with her :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

They are really comfortable with one another in the interviews.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDsD9ZgUoI/?igshid=k6qmjmiqkbqr

NJH is so lucky.  Always have many opportunity to take pictorial with beautiful ji min.  And we already know it will be mind blowing chemistry.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDduk0lRej/?igshid=1gxoxmqrak393

Look at Josee eye, you can see Young Seok

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDkAbZpO4L/?igshid=e5ogmjdkml46

• Like 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, hjm_osn said:

@richelle, can we watch it live?

I think there are streaming sites but not sure if anyone here knows the link. I think much better if we just wait for the uploads. Usually the interview is not that long:D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone:wub:

Their pictorial might not be from popular glossy magazines but I am okay as long as we can see them together:)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFEqhCJJb8/?igshid=y3sxzdqodmox

• Like 2
  • Love 3