Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Me three wish someone can help translate their interview for us inter fans. I'm satisfied anyway just seeing her so happy working with her colleagues. That's a good sign she's doing well. Counting the days for Josee to premiere. 

These two are way too cute... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2PPyfp3i5/?igshid=tts0y4ztxb30

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Short description of Josee from http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/films/index/filmsView.jsp?movieCd=20201002

A small city on the outskirts of Seoul. Young-seok, a university student nearing graduation, comes across a woman in the street who has fallen from her wheelchair, and helps her back home. She ends up feeding him a simple meal and he develops a vague curiosity for this woman who introduces herself as "Josée". From this time on Young-seok occasionally stops by Josée's house, receiving free meals and getting to know this woman who reads a lot, has a comprehensive knowledge of whiskey, and tells him stories, which he's not sure are true. Gradually, they come to share an unforgettable love.

Note the film is rated as 15.  Meaning film intended 15 and above.  Underage is allowed with accompained parent or guardian.  Thus it will not have scene like jap josee.

Josee, a name from a French book... below from https://www.dramamilk.com/nam-joo-hyuk-reunites-with-han-ji-min-in-new-tearjerker-movie-josee/

Nam Joo Hyuk Reunites with Han Ji Min in New Tearjerker Movie JOSEE

If you are enjoying Start-Up as much as I am and are looking for a little bit more Nam Joo-hyuk in your life then you might want to check out his newest movie, Josée, which releases this December and also stars the wonderfully talented actress Han Ji-min.

Josée is a remake of a Japanese film, Josee the Tiger and the Fish, where a woman with a physical disability and a young University student fall in love. The physical disability prevents Josee from being able to walk so expect the two of them to fall in love with walks around the city and lots of piggy back rides (you know how Kdramas do).

The title Josée (what the heroine likes to be called) comes from a book titled Wonderful Clouds by French writer Françoise Sagan. The heroine of our story likes this book and sees herself as the main character, Josee, who is an overly sensitive French woman married to an American millionaire Adonis. Despite the husband’s many charms in his life, he becomes obsessed and dangerously possessive of Josee leading them both on a spiral to catastrophe.

I mean, what? Girl, don’t name yourself after her, lol. Though, I wonder if the heroine sees herself as trapped, which is why she likes being called Josée. Perhaps she imagines herself married to a talented millionaire and being obsessed over? Some advice, it is much better to read about then live (mafia romance anyone….anyone?).

Nam Joo-hyuk and Han Ji-min starred together in 2019’s JTBC’s drama The Light In Your Eyes which was a super hit in Korea. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The beauty of Josee. We can see that she and her grandma lives in a typical low class house but why is it that it looks so beautiful? Director has been so good with the cinematogtaphy of this movie. May the reviews be good:wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH25Smwpldm/?igshid=1kxvfwx18ihkb

@tok-soompi I get it now that the director has pictures of whiskey in his IG. So Josee is one who has a comprehensive knowledge of whiskey. The director might have liked whiskey so much lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, richelle said:

The beauty of Josee. We can see that she and her grandma lives in a typical low class house but why is it that it looks so beautiful? Director has been so good with the cinematogtaphy of this movie. May the reviews be good

@richelle, will there be a grandmother in this version? From the Koreanfilm’s synopsis posted by @tok-soompi, the first meeting happened when NJH saw Josee fell from her wheelchair and helps her back home. So, no baby stroller nor a grandma mentioned, I think.

Let us hope and pray that the covid19 situation in SK will improve soon before the 10th of December. Seobok postponed its screening because of the upward trend for the past few days of covid19 infections in the country. The no. of cases is not that big compared to other countries but it is the ‘trend’ that they are paying attention to. The latest from WHO’s report:

3-FCFA9-D9-1182-4-FF1-902-E-9-DFDD95-D79

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

22 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

There are new interviews going on for Josee.  I love the vibes between the leads although i have no idea what are they talking about.  :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH1r6HxpeRs/?igshid=23vd7pcc137g

This ig owner has translated that part .  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2F3MIqhSA/?igshid=law5k9hoyezv

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, hjm_osn said:

@richelle, will there be a grandmother in this version? From the Koreanfilm’s synopsis posted by @tok-soompi, the first meeting happened when NJH saw Josee fell from her wheelchair and helps her back home. So, no baby stroller nor a grandma mentioned, I think.

Let us hope and pray that the covid19 situation in SK will improve soon before the 10th of December. Seobok postponed its screening because of the upward trend for the past few days of covid19 infections in the country. The no. of cases is not that big compared to other countries but it is the ‘trend’ that they are paying attention to. The latest from WHO’s report:

3-FCFA9-D9-1182-4-FF1-902-E-9-DFDD95-D79

There is a grandmother in korean version. If you can remember, the scene where Josee is reading and njh is carrying a big not sure what it is past the door, we can see a halmoni passing by. I guess she will only have limited screentime. And I am hoping as well that she will be a loving halmoni compared to the japanese version:wub:

Here it is. We can see a glimpse of Josee's halmoni:D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHpRV4AJpvJ/?igshid=tgupw01cpt03

I am hoping josee will be screened as scheduled. Seobok is big budgeted so I do think they cannot risk showing the movie right now. For all we know, seobok might follow the footsteps of the movie of sjk going straight to Netflix. I really hope Josee will persevere just like the love between josee and yeung sok:D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

When I read about others perception of her, I feel proud. She has tremendously improved and I am so happy so many are now appreciating her as an actress:wub:

She and njh have a really nice chemistry. You can tell simply by their gestures:wub:

So pretty and happy Josee:D

• Love 3

I really dont know how to describe.  After seeing NJH with The School Nurse and Start Up interviews and compare those interviews with him and Ji Min recent interviews, both of them oozes the vibe of very comfortable chemistry.  Just like how they have their magazine spread last time.  Maybe this is really match made onscreen chemistry that hard to describe.

He does have undeniable chemistry between the former two leads.  But somehow these NJH and Ji Min is another level of chemistry.  Very natural feel.

I really dont mind they work in multiples projects again and again if opportunities allowed.  Some couples are just meant to be so good to see on screen.

• Like 4

Hello I'm new to this forum and wanted to greed actress Han Ji Min. Her range of versatility she put in her characters were so well delivered that brings every character to life. I am mesmerized by her eyes, because they're not just beautiful but so expresses. They emot and convey emotions beautifully. To be honest i don't really care about Korean dramas or actors and actresses because somehow they don't impress me. I used to watch korean showbiz without caring about any actors and actresses.  Not until Han Ji Min came alone. She really change the way i fell about k-entertainment. So I am looking forward to see her Josee film. I love her chemistry with actor Nam Joo Hyuk very much. I laughed and i cries with them in The Light In Your Eyes. All her dramas and films, I've watch all. She never failed to wow me. Truly amaze and admire this beautiful woman. Glad I found this forum and read more about her. I want to congratulate her for all her recently success productions. Fightingactress Han, hope your new film is a big hit like Miss Baek. I love Miss Baek so much. Have a good day.

• Love 5

Welcome to ji min's thread @XHolic. It feels so good when people see what ji min can do and what she is capable of as an actress. I always hope more people can discover her like you:wub:

Ji min's manager got married yay. Can we wish for her to be next in line. Oh wishful thinking for now lol

@tok-soompiI believe it really helped tremendously that both already worked with TLIYE before Josee. They already have a very nice chemistry in the drama so we can imagjne it will be much better with Josee. I really hope it will be shown as scheduled. SK is in the news again as well as Japan for increasing cases of Covid. I hope they can contain it so more people can comfortably watch the movie:)

Looking to Volume Up interview today:wub:

• Love 4