Quick Poll: Makeup - They Tried...

partyon

Quick Poll: Makeup - They Tried....  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the worst makeup? (choose as many as you like)

• Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) - She Was Pretty
    • Chu Min Ha (Ahn Eun Jin) - Hospital Playlist
    • Stepmother (Na Young Hee) - Fated To Love You
    • Jeong Mi Hee (Moon Dong Eun's mother) (Park Ji Ah) - The Glory
    • Lim Joo Kyung (Moon Ga Young) - True Beauty
    • Jin Cho Yeon (Arin) - Alchemy of Souls
    • Mama Jin (Park Eun Hye) - Alchemy of Souls
    • Sung Deok Sun / Sung Soo Yeon (Hyeri) - Reply 1988
    • Lee Seul Bi (Seo Hyun) - Jinxed at First
    • Everyone in kdrama Touch
    • All dramas with the oily skin look
    • Roy Kim (Min Woo Hyuk) - Doctor Cha
    • Kim Ra Ra (Hwang Seok Jung) - She Was Pretty
    • Yoon Gae Hwa (Chae Rim) - Oh! My Lady
    • Yoon Hae Sun (Yoon So Hee) - Heartbeat
    • Someone else / none of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/14/2023 at 07:00 PM

On 7/9/2023 at 8:23 PM, Lmangla said:

not make up but every time I see supposedly ugly/nerdy/boring characters in glasses, I roll my eyes. why, why, why? about 50% of the population or more in any country wear glasses. do people even realize how expensive some of those frames are, especially the branded ones???? mostly, the weird styling has to do with choosing a pair of glasses not suited to the face shape or personality. why not do PPL with some brand and pick a nice frame that suits the actor/actress face? no, they just want to play up some stereotypes. UGH.

Actually I always wanted glasses, it makes people look more intelligent and I like wearing glasses when facing clients, giving me an air of oomph 

also useful for doing this:

kdrama-jugglers.gif

kidding haha. 

some glasses are just really stylish, and simple, like:

OUY4.gif

but in most kdramas they use these kind of glasses to signify "nerd" / "uncool":

tumblr_p8dgqdceb01wsuo8ro1_500.gif

but you can't ruin people's look with that either!, see:

e62a0ecc7ec4f8c6006ca91e19827390ada62fe9

On 7/9/2023 at 5:56 PM, maribella said:

The mother in the Glory was an absolute nightmare, her makeup, I am sure, deliberately ghastly. So it seems unfair to rate it tge worst. She does not have a chance to look good. :D The two women in Alchemy of souls are probably meant to look other worldly with their stapled eyes :lol:. But the shiny look ! Eeuuw. I didn't watch Touch, what's that all about? Poison ivy goes to Korea. 

actually i accidentally wrote about the mother in The Glory, when I replied to @sweetroad on page 1 LMAO

yeah her with her orange hair. like make it even more unrealistic with the teeth too!! it was so bad that every time she appeared i was cringing and flinching away from the screen

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the tip @partyon, I have decided to live with sun/age spots. Too many supplements and skin stuff already. 

I find kids with freckles to be cute, but not on adults, even those you have posted @partyon   I don't find Lucy Liu good looking at all. If I placed her among the women in my part of the world, she'd be average. Beauty is cultural. 

I am not into fashion, I don't read about supermodels much, but I have seen pictures of G. Bundchen next to her quarterback, she's beautiful with or without freckles.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, agenth said:

but in most kdramas they use these kind of glasses to signify "nerd" / "uncool":

but you can't ruin people's look with that either!, see:

the reason is glasses #1 is wrong for her face size. facepalm. they purposely buy frames that cover half her face and her eyes are not even centered in the frame.

so the trick to buying glasses that fit you is that when you smile, your cheeks should go up comfortably without pushing the glasses up. if they push up the glasses, that means the frames are too big for your face and you need to look for something smaller. when you go to a shop, they are aware of sizing and will only show glasses accordingly. for example, they would never show a child frames meant for adult face.  

here is a video that explains how to choose the right frames - he really explains well and simply when it comes to face shape, skin colour and design. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Why are they always insinuating that freckles would be somehow ugly? :smashes:Like glasses @maribella @Lmangla?

Freckles are adorable! For example:

Emma Watson

Lucy Liu

Gisele Bundchen

@partyon  I do agree with you - My friend has freckles but, she's beautiful. Feel sad & bad that she felt self-conscious about her freckles. I guess because they were a rare sight on TV and in magazines. Why are people so sensitive about how they’re viewed in the eyes of others? I believe in Korea, this is ugly - The mainstream beauty standard there is one of a fair and freckle-free face and high nose bridge. This beauty standard continues to prevail in the country. Advertisements for cosmetic products, from both domestic and international brands, boast of their ability to whiten skin and remove freckles. Even food and drink ads, for products like coconut juice, claim they can whiten skin. In China, before posting photos on the social network, many women use photo beatification apps to smoothen and whiten their skin, and enlarge their eyes. It’s also common for anxious young women to have their freckles removed by laser, or, going to more extreme lengths, surgically enlarging their eyes and shaving their facial bones. Fair, spotless skin is often associated with being elegant, pure and even healthy. Freckles, meanwhile, are denounced as dirty, ugly and a sign of ill-health. One of the more absurd comments I’ve heard, from someone promoting traditional Chinese medicines, was that freckles “are a reflection of endocrine system disease.” This singular definition of beauty can create problems for those who don’t fit within it. During my Grade and high school days, I have many Chinese/Korean friends and some of them feel freckles are ugly, and you might as well remove them for your own good. It was not until in college that their attitude changed, and it took another few years before they learned to truly love freckles. I believe they make you unique and beautiful. Hopefully, people can help change attitudes toward freckles.   :heart2:

• Blob 3

On 7/11/2023 at 6:57 AM, Lmangla said:

the reason is glasses #1 is wrong for her face size. facepalm. they purposely buy frames that cover half her face and her eyes are not even centered in the frame.

yeah i once made the mistake buying those glasses where its not centering my eyes... sigh

1678833108-image.png

don't know how this one isn'T winning the poll...

8c4a76f7afea4c151627e9fe8d2b51edd56acc5d

come on people :D

the actress really delivered with the weird teeth movement 

• LOL 4

11 hours ago, agenth said:

yeah i once made the mistake buying those glasses where its not centering my eyes... sigh

@agenth I do agree with what @Lmangla said about glasses. You should choose the right frame size for your glasses. We also have to match our glasses to our face shape. They say - The width of your frames should not be wider than the width of your face at the temples. The top of your frames should be no higher than the line of your eyebrows. The lower edge of the frames shouldn't sit on your cheeks otherwise they will start to rub against your skin and cause irritation.   :kitty:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Make_up_-They_Tried.jpg?width=1920&heigh

Chingus, we have a makeup fail winner! :yay:

#1 -- All kdramas with the oily skin look

secret-love-affair

Whilst we all know that Korean glass skin can look good, when it's so oily you can use another person's face as a mirror....? No bueno. :grimace:

#2 -- Kim Hye Jin in She Was Pretty

42d799ea992fcc8ac98e58d2f569d129eeca51b1

Sorry, I don't think anyone finds this before pic realistic.

#3 -- Lim Joo Kyung in True Beauty

jafjS1jLwdEwJZo8Vm0voOdSCbTcWNozRfSKhEc-

Despite the attempts to make her look "ugly", she is still a beauty. No amount of makeup will change that.

Thanks for your participation! Until the next event :dorakiss:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

tagging:

@sweetroad @Lmangla @gm4queen @maribella @willenette @Learry @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @MayanEcho  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1