Genre: romance, drama

Airdate: August 7th to january 19, 2023

Airtime: 7:50 - 8:20 KST

Director: Park Gi Ho

Writers: Han Young Mi

Oficial site:

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/elegantempire/pc/detail.html?smenu=c8e571

Plot:

A love story between a woman and a man who seek revenge in order to regain justice and lost family that have been neglected.  

Cast:

1690504968535_455237.jpg

Han Ji Wan as Seo Hee Jae and Shin Joo Kyung

Seo Hee Jae, her Japanese name is Suzuki Miharu, and she is the only daughter of Suzuki Yamato, a Korean-Japanese conglomerate whose personal assets alone reach 10 trillion won. During her high school years, when she visited Korea to find her roots, she found out that Joo Kyung and her face, personality, and hobbies are identical, making her a twin-like friend. She is saddened that Joo Kyung passed away in a tragic accident, but she is strongly attracted to Shin Joo Kyung's ex-husband, Jang Ki Yoon. She shakes him, his family, and the elegant empire

Shin Joo Kyung was a good worker and housekeeping, she was a multi-faceted beauty who can do anything. The owner of a warm heart that makes people feel good.
Her painful past of being from her orphanage made her even stronger.
She believed that she had the perfect family she always dreamed of when she married her first love, Ki Yoon, and gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Su Ha.

1690504968168_455215.jpg

Kim Jin Woo as Jang Ki Yoon

His appearance is good looks, money is money, a perfect man who lacks nothing.
However, in reality, he is a monster whose entire inner self has been twisted by the wounds he received from his cold-hearted father and his innate ambition. The only thing that matters to him who won't hesitate to do anything to get what he wants is himself.

1690504968773_455259.jpg

The love is still unfamiliar to him, but it was enough to fill his empty heart.
He is heartbreaking to betray the expectations of his mother who raised him alone without his father, but an irresistible dream and destiny awaited him. 
He is a person who dreams of becoming an actor.

1690504969071_455271.jpg

Son Sung Yoon as Jacqueline 

She is an Art gallery director with gorgeous beauty and elegant charm. The owner of great wealth and beauty that half of Americans know about. Contrary to her gorgeous exterior, on the inside, there is a fragile girl screaming at the abuse that has been going on for a long time. But nobody wants to know that. Just a confident and great appearance, the honor that the world knows, and wealth that no one can take away are the only armor that protects oneself. The death of her sister, whom she did not know her face, meant nothing to her. To put on another mighty armor to protect oneself, the only goal is to obtain an elegant empire.

1690504969346_455293.jpg

A man who silently endures a miserable fate with a vengeful spirit. When Eun Ha, whom he truly loved, was brutally killed at the hands of Ki Yoon, he planned revenge to relieve his bloody resentment. He goes to America and succeeds in enticing his galactic sister, Jacqueline, to avenge him, but he is upset because Jacqueline doesn't act as he wants.

Kim Ga Ran in Elegant Empire Korean Drama (2023)

Kim Ga Ran as Oh Na Hee 

She is the representative actor of Elegant Imperial Entertainment, she has the title 'queen of ratings' with her outstanding beauty.

http://file.mk.co.kr/meet/neds/2023/07/image_readmed_2023_573570_16904266215563160.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS 

Teaser

https://btv.social/1357385_22497/#cp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnhjlTistcY

OST 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Premieres August 7th - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Cast: Han Ji Wan, Kim Jin Woo, Kang Yul, Son Sung Yoon
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

did I read right , ML  called romantic of the century :w00t:

We need proof!

Date Night Flowers GIF by euphoria

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Let's hope this is good.

Honestly? After having read the daily drama threads for a few years now?

I highly doubt it will be good. :blink:

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

So the husband is the ML and the villain, i mean ML in term of story, but pretty sure he will no end up with FL, she want revenge against him and others people

Wow, the drama hasn't even started and I am already confused by the story line. :sweats:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 6

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

We need proof!

He most be proud abou in proofed title 

IMG-0707.gif

but he has a secret that shouldn't be known to others.

@partyon I hope his secret isn’t that he like women cloth women , the women in century will be disappointed :mrgreen:

IMG-0706.gif

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

Soompi_Christmas_2023.gif?ex=6575a966&is

Who is never hungry at Christmas? The turkey—he’s always stuffed. :D

Soompi_X-Mas_Cards_2023_9.jpg?ex=65818cd

ORIGINAL POST:

Spoiler
On 8/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, Ameera Ali said:

He most be proud abou in proofed title 

:4267_LiccGif:

I am not convinced yet. I think we need a little more evidence here. Do you have more proof?

Edited by partyon
Borrowed post for Soompi Winter Showdown 2023
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am not convinced yet. I think we need a little more evidence here. Do you have more proof?

He be like why can’t guys take my word for it , geez I wouldn’t show more evidence :mrgreen:

IMG-0711.gif

# his abs look photoshopped  twin 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, marrez1 said:

So the husband is the ML and the villain, i mean ML in term of story, but pretty sure he will no end up with FL, she want revenge against him and others people

So basically... this is a daily drama version of Penthouse. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

So basically... this is a daily drama version of Penthouse. 

If the FL is morally grey and doesn't hesitate to kill anyone, then yes. But I haven't gotten that vibe at all from both the teasers.

5 hours ago, partyon said:

I would think twice about watching this drama if I were you. No abs.

What?! Noooo! The abs are necessary! But if the FL is smart (and semi-villainous) I'll watch. If the revenge is good I'll watch. Gotta have that balance!

6 hours ago, partyon said:

I highly doubt it will be good. :blink:

Miss Monte-Cristo wasn't too bad. And I liked The Second Husband, as well as A Secret House.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, partyon said:

You're right! :scream:

@backstreetboysfan @liyahsbutterfly @joccu @maribella I would think twice about watching this drama if I were you. No abs.

I am used to dailies. Maybe I'll write an article on the umpteen ways to write a lame story and get millions of viewers to watch it, including smart, savvy soompians. 

BTW an elegant man? Like a fop ( Barbara Cartland's novels)?

• LOL 3

I’m at the point where I can identify at least half of all the cast from different dailies lol.

So the FL is SY from Witch’s Game or as a very sub character from the Revolutionary Sisters as that doctor so she has done both good and evil roles haha guess she’ll do both here. Not really familiar with either MLs one hasn’t really appeared in any other one but the ML has been in a lot of others just none I am familiar with. SFL is Yoona from Love Twist haha she was a lunie there wonder how evil she’s supposed to be here. Some others I see are the ML plus SML’s mom from Miss Montecristo, YY’s best friend from Love in your Eyes, and a character I can’t remember from Bravo My Life.

• Like 2

I can see a lot of fun ahead. As long as no poster thinks we need to think the way he/she does, we will have a swinging time. In the supper show, a woman - sounds like a woman, I have 3 engineering degrees and never read/heard a guy wrote/spoke that way- actually posted the first time (or so she claimed ) just to berate a few of us for saying it was disgusting for the guardian/ward to hook up. It kept me watching the boring middle episodes, just to comment on the relationship.:hwaiting2: So there are always ways to enjoy dailies, not necessarily the show itself. 

The two main female actress are almost novices, I notice they don't get established writers and directors, there are always exceptions. I am ready to be bored during the middle episodes. Unless, they create a gross relationship that keeps us posting. :getmygrooveon:

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

be like why can’t guys take my word for it , geez I wouldn’t show more evidence :mrgreen:

Good abs should be the 6 pack type. This guy looks like he was on a diet. Just ridges @Ameera Ali. Maybe you could enhance it. :emmm:

9 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Miss Monte-Cristo wasn't too bad

I liked the show overall but not the ending.

These didactic endings are so annoying. They have to have forgiveness all around, then getting bad people to pay for their crimes is not acceptable because her MO was not legal. So she had to pay for it. Even my favourite Heaven's promise had the coldly focused Lee Yu Ri to give up her kidney to her child's abuser.
:rage:

• LOL 3

The FL plays two roles with different surnames. Ah hah... lost family. :smirk:

I'm feeling bored already. :Megalol:

I got the ML mixed with the guy from the most boring show, teacher Oh Soon Nam. They look so similar. 

Ok I think this show has potential now the character from Teacher OSN is not here.:blush:

• LOL 2