[Drama 2023] A Secret Woman / Woman in the Veil - 비밀의 여자 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

6 minutes ago, roli said:

This drama so far has been a rollecoaster of dumb situations .

Have you seen the reviews/comments for this drama? The writer's gonna get fired soon. :joy:

Both Korean and international viewers are BOMBING this mess. There's so much controversy in Korea about it, and the ratings are terrible. Writer-nim better save himself before it's too late.

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Have you seen the reviews/comments for this drama? The writer's gonna get fired soon. :joy:

Both Korean and international viewers are BOMBING this mess. There's so much controversy in Korea about it, and the ratings are terrible. Writer-nim better save himself before it's too late.

really? tell me more. 

Popcorn Gif - GIFcen

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

really? tell me more. 

Basically, the drama is being criticized for how unrealistic it is. AR constantly winning and being the smartest, the bad acting (Shin Go-Eun deserves better), killing off SR (I think she's alive still), the sudden bad twists and turns, lack of any revenge, and how boring it is.

"There's no excitement", said one comment on YouTube. "How long is this gonna drag on?" Said another. "This writer is terrible," another one on a preview I watched last week. "MIAV had great actors to save a bad script. This one doesn't." said a commenter on Viki. 

The drama's ratings have never gone above 15% either, since it premiered. Even the ajummas hate it. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:

No romantic episodes for the lawyer and airhead please.

Which airhead?

1 hour ago, roli said:

So, I don't watch dailies, but I feel like I always see one comment like this on every daily drama thread. :emmm:

• LOL 3

44 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

"MIAV had great actors to save a bad script. This one doesn't."

@liyahsbutterfly Jamkkanman.... Jamkkanman....

wait-wait-wait-wait-up.gif

THIS was called good acting??!?!?! 

R4J7qqe.gif

CTTO

c582-1.jpg

CTTO

The incessant screaming? Shouting? Until the audience wanted to rip their own ears off?

Puh-lease... :sweatingbullets:

My suggestion on how to make the drama better: abs :love:

• LOL 4

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Which airhead?

YJ's sister, she doesn't get much screen time. I hope they are not going to do to her what they did to the father. He is the root of the evil chain now and so much screen time.

The lawyer brother pretended to date her who was smitten by him. Now he has her as sweet love or something as unoriginal on his phone. The usual trope is for her to find out that he had pretended, break off, he realises he cannot live without her because she is so sweet blah blah, they get back together with a lot of sighs. It may take many episodes. I hope this is done virtual, like during the de riguer time leap. She was quite a nasty bit earlier on but not as nasty as the sister in Second Husband who bagged the baker boy.

@partyon  @liyahsbutterfly  you are both hardcore international drama-groupie!! Korean, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese (?), :yay:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, maribella said:

I had asked that question earlier. GU's mother was in Vietnam and died at childbirth, either she was Vietnamese or Korean. So there's no way JAR is related to the Jungs or the Nams. 

I agree with you at @Chickpea JAR is evil and turning her into an avenging daughter is ughh. She thought it was the Chairman who had killed her mum but it was her FIL, she didn't know yet. 

Making the FIL a bad guy is trying to make a cookie cutter kdrama into something interesting and intriguing. Not working. They should have made JAR bad through and through like in MIAV.

I am saying it again TY is JS's son. They didn't show the photo of the woman he was dating. I really hope he wouldn't have Savant syndrome. Soul switching then SS? :lol: He's just slow but he will recognise the woman and another secret is revealed.

No romantic episodes for the lawyer and airhead please.

My thoughts too! I was like... What's that? Same umbrella? They have never seen each other before? Yep, that's his gf and Tae Yang is their son! 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, joccu said:

I think the writer has lost ideas. But still this is not worst daily I have watched. Not even close. 

Yeah those comments appear in literally every single daily drama like someone said lol. I still think Red Shoes and Gold Mask were much worse. This one’s at least so unrealistic and ridiculous that it’s fun to watch. Dailies at least in this time slot aren’t meant to be warm and cuddly. It’s meant for a way for ajummas to vent out their stress in this chaotic mess or to just watch mindlessly. It does its job imo lol.

• LOL 3

On 7/12/2023 at 6:14 AM, roli said:

Greetings,  Chingu.  Haven't been posting because these last two episodes were, in my opinion, nothing burgers.  Fillers.  Looks like tomorrow's episode may have YJ's father shed blood by his own hands, though.  And the Demon may be sending the truck of doom to take out her namesake and nemesis.  Just wanted to add my two thumbs up to your assessment of the drama.  The drama doesn't work because it doesn't stay in a lane.  Is it based in real life situations about revenge driving a woman to pull herself up from the depths of poverty and society or is it a fantasy drama where souls can migrate and everybody accepts that and all that flows from it.  The situations are "dumb" because the drama doesn't stay in the real life lane or the fantasy lane and that creates a dissonance in the story.  I think apart from the soul switch this could have been a really great revenge drama.   Does anyone know why the soul switch was necessary to the story?  I'm not seeing it.  Ah, well.  Till tomorrow chingus.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

plot twist - almost the entire drama is just GU's dream of getting revenge/reuniting with her daughter while living a new life when in reality she and TY's supposed to be dying in a coma already 

j/k

they could be pretending that SR is dead to protect her from the villains coming after her, like the ML did in AMIAV with a fake body and watch. She can't wake up for such a short time just to get killed off again like that

• LOL 3

11 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

they could be pretending that SR is dead to protect her from the villains coming after her, like the ML did in AMIAV with a fake body and watch. She can't wake up for such a short time just to get killed off again like that

That's what I said! I truly don't think she's dead.

• Like 3