[Drama 2023-2024] The Third Marriage - 세 번째 결혼 - Mon to Fri 19:05 KST

0ly40

WJG deserved to die for being a killer, SR had attempted to kill but child kidnapping and swapping might call for a capital punishment.

Chingus, last poll

what is your rating from 1-10?

Is it good, average, bad in comparison with other dailies?

• Blob 3

I can not for the life of me really give the drama an overall score of 10 because we didn’t find out about the real villain until the very last three episodes. To find out WKG is was really an awful human being who believed his accomplishments was the right thing to do.

The writer did not give the good guys a good story line. Their story was so flat and left me so unsatisfying. Even after Min Hae In found out WJG tried take away her memories she cried and touched his hand. In real life , I don’t think anyone can really forgive/mourn the person who tried to harm them and possess them. For 27 years this man has controlled her every movement in her life.  He manipulated her just so she can love him back. 

I will give my vote of ten Stars to THE Best  VILLAIN Wang Je Guk and Kang Se Ra. The writer kept their character true til the end. I believe when creating a character, if there is growth then you can change their fate, but if there is no growth then they remain evil until the end and have no remorse.  WJG is a true psychopath, i mean has psychopathic traits, and only live for himself and desire.  Kang Se Ra feeling like she has had no control in her life beyond WJG actions. She was a smart girl and knew a man like WJG should not live. She even warned / gave signs she was going to jump but as always DA JUNG is so slow,

dimwitted.  Se Ra never got the chance to grow up happy after her dad died because her mom was a terrible human being. If she has at least tried to convince her daughter to go down the right path, none of this would have happened. Her daughter would be alive and WJG would be in prison. 

The ending to this drama was the right ending. SR would have never been able to live with herself because she killed the wrong person. s/ mom should have cleared all the misunderstanding. TIL this day, the memory KSR has was when SR saw LDS beating up her father , not the day of the murderer. I don’t think her mom ever told her how her father died.  Which is bad parenting. 

SR’s mom going crazy is the right choice because her daughter  died because she could not convince her daughter down the right path.

I hope this answers your question @maribella

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2023-2024] The Third Marriage - 세 번째 결혼 - Mon to Fri 19:05 KST

Who else is wondering why Anna didn’t grow for 5 whole years? Lol

Anyway, I enjoyed this series and all our interactions here. See you for the next one!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Who else is wondering why Anna didn’t grow for 5 whole years? Lol

To be fair... AN's kid actress is 7 years old and she was playing a 4 year old after the first time jump.

• Like 6

As someone who dropped this somewhere around episode 90-ish (I can't remember), I don't have too much to say. I feel like the drama was hurt by the extension a lot, it was unnecessary.

I will say that the acting was great on all fronts. As for the characters, DJ had SO much potential and it just... fizzled out. She could've been way more vicious than she was. SR was an amazing villain, so was WJG. Jeon No-Min did an amazing job playing him. I don't think I've ever seen him play a villain. I liked Bo-Bae, and I wonder what happened to Noel?

Yo-Han... I actually liked him at first when he was determined to avenge his father- then he basically ruined DJ's revenge. Terrible. And I feel like he and DJ didn't have much chemistry. Ji-Hoon was more compelling as a character, he got his karma. SR's mom? Trash. SC's mom, also trash. SC also had potential, he was wasted. Secretary Yang was the MVP of the show. As for the kids, this is one of the few shows where I actually enjoyed their presence. Poor SY, and I'm happy Anna got her happy ending. I did wanna see her adoptive mom, though. DS should've stuck around longer (I love Ahn Nae-Sang.) And whatever happened to SR's uncle?

I liked the ending, especially for SR and JG, it suited them.

My overall rating: 6/10. This is one of the better daily dramas in recent years, it's not a favorite of mine, though. And I'm glad that MBC dailies are improving. But I wouldn't rewatch this one. 

I'll be watching the next one, The Brave Yong Soo-Jung. See you there, chingus!

• Like 4

This fits the bill if you are a connoisseur of Makjang daily dramas. All the necessary tropes were at play. 

A secret plot that cleanses the sins of the mother. Birth secret. Memory loss. Slapping, loads of slapping--actually a bit too much, but it was comical. 

Dopey first husband and his greedy mother get hammered by karma.  

Falling off cliffs, getting hit by cars, paralysis, secret recipes, stupid counterplots with women impersonating men... the list is endless. 

My favorite character is Se Ra's mother. She was a true Makjang character, even after her death in prison.  

Wonder what is next at this time slot? 

(Please don't torture yourself thinking there are actual writers for this genre, what you have is a formula, a small apartment and lots of soju and ramen) 

• Like 3

@UnniSarah I rate a show according to how much I enjoyed it. This show has a few enjoyable moments and a lot of unalloyed boring ones. I FFW a lot and depended on the forum a lot to know what was going. Yes, I have the ‘need to know the end’ syndrome. The ending is predictable and I am glad the hard core villains WJG and KSR lost their lives for taking other lives. The remorseful ones got another chance.

@liyahsbutterfly I am giving it 5/10, it’s not as ludicrous as MIAV or WIAV which had more entertaining moments, this show is boring as we had found long ago because the good guys were slow and unsteady. B)

One which others rated highly but I found it at the same level was Teacher Oh Soo Yong

( edit: Oh Soon Nam).

The FL, ML and villainous SFL were mirrored here. The ML’s kid was SFL’s kid. I shan’t be surprised if the writer was the same.

( Edit: Different writers but both are MBC productions)

I am going to be smarter this time. I’ll wait for 3-4 episodes and read the forum carefully before diving in or staying out. I used that approach with Queen of Tears which I really enjoyed watching. I am now a fan of KSH and KJW.

:heart3:

Don’t forget to recap the next show with Miss otoke. She sounds fun here.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am giving it 5/10, it’s not as ludicrous as MIAV or WIAV which had more entertaining moments, this show is boring as we had found long ago because the good guys were slow and unsteady. B)

Overall it is indeed a 5/10. 6/10 for the music- mainly that ending theme- and certain actors. Also the fashion was great. It dragged a lot, though. I hated WIAV a lot. I may do a rewatch of MIAV- another show that quickly went downhill.

Did not watch Teacher Oh Soon-Nam, not a huge fan of the lead actress. What I do when watching dailies (or most dramas in general), I watch the first 5 episodes to determine if I like it or not. If I do, I continue it. If I don't, I drop it entirely.

• Like 3

@maribella @UnniSarah

I just want to say one more thing before I leave this thread. I really hope Oh Seung-A gets another chance at being a FL in another daily drama. I want to see get another chance at being a female lead.  

Here is Oh Sueng-A's instagram sharing BTS of the set. I don't remember seeing the first two rooms in Third Marriage. Does anyone know what drama those sets are from? 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6VPPHSPqMa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

Here is Oh Sueng-A's instagram sharing BTS of the set. I don't remember seeing the first two rooms in Third Marriage. Does anyone know what drama those sets are from? 

I think the bedroom is from her SC marriage. I can’t remember the living room. 

No wonder the actors  always sat together facing one side. The cameras were there. If outdoors, they might sit around a table. 

I see KSR getting to lead a show. I found her overacting in some scenes but a good director would correct that.

Now for Oh, she was interesting as the antagonist, but maybe that was the story and also director? Not sure if I want to see more of her.

I quite like DJ when she confronted KSR at the end. You killed my dad, pay up, and she stuck to it. I did FFW a bit.

Amazing, she called the police. :hwaiting2:

4 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

determine if I like it or not. If I do, I continue it. If I don't, I drop it entirely.

If I had watched more than one episode my need to know the ending struck and I kept going back. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@maribella ~ overall it was interesting drama enough to keep watching but not good enough to remember. also agree with you that veil drama was far more entertaining. I am sure that I will have no idea what the  plot of this drama is if you ask me in a few weeks.

like others, my rating is 5.5. basically it was average drama but there were moments where it was really well done.

@liyahsbutterfly -- agree with you the music was really good in this drama. one reason, I was also thinking of rating it 6 but then the leads were so meh that I settled on 5.5. especially in the emotional scenes, the music, the cinematography was really top class

@UnniSarah ~ I did like the characterization of the villains. for me, serin didn't really get any reaction with me even though I felt the actress did her best and understood her character. just like her parents, she was perennially jealous and blamed others for her misery. so while her graph was well-written, it was just meh for me to watch. 

I thought Wang Je Guk was the more interesting villain -- smart, conniving and totally shamelessly entitled. he didn't have any moral compass at all. his strongest scenes though with ji hoon -- both the actors chewed out the scenes in their confrontations. there was so much emotion there. in contrast his fight scenes with yohan was so meh. 

so I liked that both these villains got killed off. he would have never jumped and neither would he have repented in jail. serin on the other hand was backed into a corner and she couldn't face the mirror -- so it made sense that she would indeed jump and also take chairman along for the ride.

as for noel touching his hand, it actually made sense to me. these two had a very dysfunctional toxic relationship for years. she fought with dajung for him. as she kept pealing back the layers, she found him a more horrible person but if you saw their fights, it was filled with tears. she didn't hate him as much as she was horrified by who he was. ultimately, they did love each other in a way and those feelings cannot be switched off just like that. her working in the restaurant made no sense. why doesn't she go back to her job as wedding designer??? 

I liked how they wrapped up for sang cheol, his mom and ji hoon. also serin's mom going mad was the right ending. 

so final episode in many ways was one of the strongest episode after the extension.. 

the leads were basically meh. no chemistry and you are supposed to feel bad but nothing. I thought yohan had more good scenes with jihoon. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

her working in the restaurant made no sense. why doesn't she go back to her job as wedding designer??? 

Her family is at the restaurant now. Her mother-in-law, daughter, and grand daughter. Might as well work where your family works. Besides, she no longer wants to be assosiated with the "Noel" life that was given to her by the Chairman.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t believe I watch 132 episodes , to still see Noel run to touch his hand 😂

I didn’t catch it earlier and wondered what others were talking about.

I think it’s a nice touch. They were together for 20 odd years and he was besotted by her, although still cheated on her with many women, not just DJ. A goodbye, to make sure he’s really dead. :relaxed:

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I didn’t catch it earlier and wondered what others were talking about.

I think it’s a nice touch. They were together for 20 odd years and he was besotted by her, although still cheated on her with many women, not just DJ. A goodbye, to make sure he’s really dead. :relaxed:

lol nice touch or Stockholm syndrome  :joy:

only satisfying touch was this , bad didn’t see their romance developed 🤣

IMG-5145.gif
IMG-5147.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/4/2024 at 6:23 AM, Lmangla said:

why doesn't she go back to her job as wedding designer??? 

This is my opinion @Lmangla  I believe that being a a weddings designer has too much connection with Wang Je Guk.  She had to start a new chapter in her life without any bad memories. 

I hope writers create more villains like Wang Je Guk. A character with no moral compass but still had enough space for one true love. 

• Like 2