[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

16 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I just gotta say, while wishing no ill will on the child, trying suddenly to make HB the be all end all focus in the last episodes is just complete weak sauce.

The kid was an after thought throughout most of the drama, and Ji Ho hasn't expressed anything as a genuine father since maybe the 40's episodes. She's leverage and thats it. To try to make HB some type of trigger for his redemption is utter nonsense

Agreed. This is one of the few dramas I don't appreciate keeping the child until the end. I guess the writer wants to portray HB is still loved by JH and HS but it came off so lame to me. They have been both selfish with their goals until she is in danger.

45 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

The saddest thing was that this drama was really good. The premise of morally grey characters and heavy suspense made it very intriguing to watch. Then it slowly went downhill... and then it got REALLY bad.

This is so true. How sad when something started so well ends so badly. When JH became the main villain, it seems like the writing started to go downhill from there.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, melodictrain said:

This is so true. How sad when something started so well ends so badly. When JH became the main villain, it seems like the writing started to go downhill from there.

That still makes no sense to me. JH isn't very good "main villain" material. They should've kept Chairwoman Ma till the end, I wanted to see a final battle between her and YK (since she's the protagonist) where YK got to avenge her parents herself.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

That still makes no sense to me. JH isn't very good "main villain" material. They should've kept Chairwoman Ma till the end, I wanted to see a final battle between her and YK (since she's the protagonist) where YK got to avenge her parents herself.

Yeah I can't believe Ma died so easily, not to mention YK was not involved in as everyone would have thought. At the end of the day it's such a half-baked revenge.

• Like 3

Han Byeol stopped Ji Ho from jumping down the hospital building, looks like he will serve a very long jail term, further compounded by the jail break.

Even SY also survived and ditto, she will also serve a long jail term. Not sure how long these 2 lovebirds are serving though. Yet, seems like YG has decided to accept her back as a daughter? JH also apologized to HS

Happy Ending for IH & HS eventually and we also see a glimpse of Ahn Hee Young at the end.

So, "A Witch's Game" has ended officially.  The last 40 episodes or so have been atrocious as many will concur.

Thus, I cannot rate it more than 6/10! Worse than "The Second Husband" and "The Secret House".

• Like 4

i'm disapointed that YK was not in jail, after all means things she do, she deserved jail

119ep ae too long, i prefer 100 ep

but yes, it was becoming very draggy in the middle

i don't think i will rewatch this drama

• Like 3

@Newbie21SG  If YG accept SY back as her daughter is possible out of pity & partly also for being  her "fake" daughter for past 30 over years where the bond between mother & daughter still exist.

I expected Sec An to be in jail together with JH & SY, but looks like she is free.

@marrez1  i agreed with you, this drama is too long. Should have ended earlier cause of those twists here and there which drags till ep119

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

i'm disapointed that YK was not in jail, after all means things she do, she deserved jail

119ep ae too long, i prefer 100 ep

but yes, it was becoming very draggy in the middle

i don't think i will rewatch this drama

Me too. 
She seems the root of the problems. 
Burying SY's evil deeds, turning JH into a Yoo. Even when things went bad, she did not reveal his identity, she was still holding on to the power over him.

It has to have a kumbaya ending.:headbang:

• Like 2

No court scene at all in the entire 20-22 minutes of run time of the last episode. So, we will likely not even know how long the 2 lovebirds are going to be in jail for :sweating:

Need to watch the subbed episode tomorrow morning, but if that is true, I can only give this serial a 3/10!! What a lousy ending that will be.....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Because the props dept knows this drama is limping across the finish line, and there's no way they're gonna scratch a perfectly good Aston-Martin (SY's car) to make a believable crash scene.

I was trying to see the emblem, it looked like an Audi. So bloody cheap, just use CGI.

They should have killed her instead of Ma. 
She spent many episodes of our time been the spoilt over indulged YK's daughter. Then she wanted to be CEO of the group when she only wanted to take JH away from HS in the beginning. That's when the major crimes started.

23 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The kid was an after thought throughout most of the drama, and Ji Ho hasn't expressed anything as a genuine father since maybe the 40's episodes. She's leverage and thats it. To try to make HB some type of trigger for his redemption is utter nonsense

Just an episode ago, he was using HB to get HS' evidence against him. He even gambled on her life in the earlier episodes. This writer had to fill the show with many ridiculous things to make it 119 episodes.

• LOL 2

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

So the best part of Episode 119 was ... it was the last episode! :lol:

I really enjoyed this drama for like the first 80 episodes, and then it just went over a cliff - I don't know if they changed writers or what but the last 3rd of the drama was just terrible.

My 4 favorite characters - the rest of the cast is not even close ... 

#4 - In Ha - while he pretty much became a place holder after his mother died, and a shoulder when HS needed a good cry, he was by far the most entertaining when he was laying out SY with his 1 line zingers - He remains the verbal sparring master of this drama

#3 - Secretary Ahn - she was fabulous in the beginning, as the shadowy flipside of the coin from my #2 fav.  She was a lovely sharply dressed mercenary, who unfortunately was one of many characters in this drama who suffered from bad writing ie: the whole Prosecutor Joo love angle/ YK jealousy ... which just seem to have been forgotten, and the completely uncharacteristic move to aide Team Good then go back and help Team Evil ... WITHOUT a word of explanation. To finally in the last episode, shes back in Korea, at the wedding of IH & HS??? :huh: ... last I checked, she was still wanted by the authorities.

#2 - Secretary Ko - this character was at his best when his motivations were unknown - the teasing of information about this character in the beginning was one of its strong points - the steely eyed lieutenant to Chairman Ma, who would hinder YK & HS, but would never allow them to come to harm. Without question the best fighter of the drama - I only wish they'd kept the mystery alittle longer, as his character went flat towards the end, as just a fellow conspirator ... and what was that in the last episode? One of the best dressed throughout the drama, ends it wearing a hobo suit? :blink: 

#1 - Prosecutor Joo - barely a secondary character, I have him at #1 because he had no ridiculous changes in story, and he surprised me, in that I was always expecting him to be devious in some way yet he never swayed - He was rocklike foundation for YK and his love and devotion to her never faltered - no affairs with Secretary Ahn, no shifting loyalties with Ji Ho or Ma, he was the everpresent faithful husband to YK ... when was the last time you saw that in a daily kdrama?

... and I just loved that almost giddy charming smile he'd give his adversaries while telling them to go to hell :glasses: 

And that ends another daily Chingu's!  Thanks to all of you for the fun discussions/commentary and a big thank you to the moderators & EO's for another entertaining thread.  If you guys come across another entertaining daily, throw me a tag.

Until next time ... I'm out!

Drop The Mic GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Sorry this is late, I was out all day, then got busy sorry.

Here are the ratings for Episode 119 Last episode*! :).

Do you remember which episode gave the highest rating?

I thought it would be a wt... ending -  quite close. SY being a punching bag for her roommates and being remorseful, JH repenting all in one episode and AHY still free as a bird? 
I have seen worse.

Ciao everyone. I am finishing up Taxi too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I just looked Episode 43 got a 9.1.

Throughout the entire run, Game of Witches never crossed above 7.3% rating on Nielsen (its highest, recorded on Ep 48 on 29 Dec and Ep 50 on 2 Jan). 9.1% was the rating on TNMS.

A really terrible record!

Even The Secret House never crossed beyond 8.4% rating on Nielsen. 

The last daily drama on MBC to cross 9% was The Second Husband. The highest for the Second Husband was 10.5%That was why it was extended to 150 episodes.

Having watched the subbed last episode, indeed, there was no mention of the sentences to both JH and SY. Both were remorseful, but only to HB (for JH) and not so obvious for SY. The mild satisfaction I had was SY being beaten up in her cell! 

A real anticlimax ending to the daily drama that promises so much initially. Eventually Chairman MA ended up dying earlier than expected, the two baddies enjoyed too much limelight and were punished too lightly (I feel). They should be made to suffer more!

Final score: 5/10 for the overall show and 3/10 for the ending!

• Like 2

Calling revenge seekers , calling revenge seekers

Spoiler

k michelle my life questioning GIF by VH1

Spoiler

There is a badder than KJH guy in "It's meant to be". Come join  @backstreetboysfan and me.

Swapped daughters, another VOB competition between two women. More chaebols and worse than Tae Pung's father. 

@Thong Thin @melodictrain @liyahsbutterfly @UnniSarah @marrez1 @LeftCoastOppa @Newbie21SG

• Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2