[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

Wow, so much sadness all around in ep 11 & 12 :bawling:

Soo Bin:  I think she intended to blackmail the Nams, but didn't go through with it because Hye Joo was so nice to her.  But, does it make sense?  Eventually, the truth would come out that the baby wasn't Ji Hoon's.

Live in Unnie:  I really doubt Nam Joo had an affair with her.  But, Hye Joo really needs her so she can't move.

Seung hee:  really frustrates me.  When is she going to get it through her thick head that the mother only cared/cares for her dead son?  She has a husband who cares for her.  I hope she looses him, because he's too good her her and her family.

Joong do:  I don't know what to think.  I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I think even the "cleanest" politicians have manipulated people to get their agenda pushed though.  But, what did his son mean when he said he'll make sure his father doesn't succeed in politics again?  Of course, murder, manslaughter, rape would kill any aspirations.  Adultery?  Hmm, a politician in my country survived it, but maybe different in SK.  

• Like 4

The trolley delimma~~~

It is a delimma to choose the lives of five or one.  Maybe, there are more possibilities. All of the people on the tracks could die or be rescued.  Could the seemly predicable outcomes be altered by additional factors?  More like butterfly effects?  

I was thinking about NJD's choice.  He chose his political agenda over his family. Will he really get what he plans?  He may lose everything!!!  If he succeeds in his agenda, could he redeem himself in his marriage?   Could the broken trust be restored?  

• Like 5

Today episode is full of twists and turns. Nam DJ turns out to be a true liar, committing adultery with Yeonjin. I feel so sorry for Hye Joo. I follow this drama in support of Kim Hyun Joo, her acting is always convincing, her voice, her facial expression truly convey the innocent, but warm- hearted wife.

• Like 2

Kim Hyun Joo’s Distrust Of Park Hee Soon Deepens In “Trolley”

Kim Hyun Joo’s Distrust Of Park Hee Soon Deepens In “Trolley”

SBS’s “Trolley” has previewed a conflict between Kim Hyun Joo and Park Hee Soon!

“Trolley” is a mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Kim Hyun Joo stars as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), who chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife.

Spoilers

Previously in “Trolley,” Kim Hye Joo could not stop her distrust of Nam Joong Do who disclosed their son Nam Ji Hoon’s (Jung Taek Hyun’s) past sexual crime. Kim Soo Bin (Jung Soo Bin) added to her distrust as she strongly denied Nam Joong Do’s claims that she was blackmailing him. Kim Hye Joo’s confusion deepened as Kim Soo Bin revealed that the last person Nam Ji Hoon met on the night he died was Nam Joong Do.

Amidst all of this, the newly released stills capture a change in atmosphere between Kim Hye Joo and Nam Joong Do. Despite the icy-cold gaze of Kim Hye Joo, who pursues the truth of the night that Ji Hoon died, Nam Joong Do keeps his mouth shut and gazes at his wife in silence, adding tension to the story.

trolley01.jpeg

trolley02.jpeg

Spoiler

trolley03.jpeg

In another still, Kim Hye Joo rushes somewhere while covering her face with a hat so that no one can recognize her. In the upcoming episode, Kim Hye Joo will find out about the secret behind her son’s death as well as the truth about Kim Soo Bin’s pregnancy. The drama also takes unexpected turns as it presents unbelievable revelations.

Spoiler

trolley04.jpeg

Episode 13 will air on February 6 at 10 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565525wpp/kim-hyun-joos-distrust-of-park-hee-soon-deepens-in-trolley

• Thanks 1

Damn this show just keep droppin' hidden gems with each ep. LoL!

It's now revealed that Yeo Jin was "the other woman" in Joong Do/ Hye Joo's marriage sigh. That Ji Hoon caught 'em both and wanted to confront his father on it. Though is the father that ruthless in takin' out his own son?!

Hye Joo sigh.. she has completely noone on her side. Seung Hee and her mom can just rot in their home together but, please release Ki Young LoL.

Soo Bin isn't all naive, angelic either as she knew of Joong Do's affair and Ji Hoon's plans. Still she shouldn't have used Ji Hoon like that. That pimp of hers sigh what a despicable character. Wonder who was her baby daddy though? 

• Like 1

Oh boy, the more NJD's secrets are known the worse he becomes? Will there be any saving grace for him? Now that Ki Young knows that Hae Joo did like him when they were younger but lied about it because of Seunghee her then friend who was crushing hard on the young Ki Young, will he help Hae Joo this time? Will he publicly defend Hae Joo? I wonder if the nun from the orphanage will come out to defend HJ and tell the truth? What will Hae Joo Do? Did JD know that Seo Bin knew about his affair with Yeo Jin when Seo Bin came to seek shelter in their house, that he already knew who Seo Bin was? Seo Bin should be very scared especially if she knows how Ji Hoon really died, who was responsible? NJD keeps saying for the greater good, is he crazy??

• Like 2

Goodness gracious. This show!

I mean, it was a sloooow burn for quite a long time. And somewhat frustrating to watch. The show really kept its secrets "close to the vest." And now the bombs are dropping. One more week to go.

Spoiler

I had guessed that Joong-do killed his son last week. My guess was that Ji-hoon thought his father was not a good man, and wanted to stop him from being a politician. That's why he caused trouble and bought drugs. And Joong-do/Woo-jae decided that they needed to get rid of him "for the greater good."

Now I realize that Joong-do needed to silence Ji-hoon because he was going to tell the world about his adultery. With Yeo-jin! The woman who lives in his house! His wife's best friend!

I was NOT expecting that. Wow.

My prediction is that Gi-yeong will finally come through and help clear Hye-ju's name - that she was really sexually assaulted by Seung-ho. Seems like he's already done with his wife and horrible mother-in-law for good. Hye-ju will not need to go on TV to save her reputation.

But honestly, that seems like the least of her problems. She's lived her whole life being deceived by the people she trusted most. She must feel like the bottom fell out of her entire self. I can't even imagine.

I really hope that by the end of this show, Hye-ju finds peace. And Soo-bin. I really hope Soo-bin is saved from all the terrible people in her life. Because now, her life is in danger, from multiple directions.

• Like 3

More twists and turns :o.  This is going down to the wire.  Kudos to writer and PD for keeping us guessing right to the end.

Things we discover

1. The meth found on JH’s body.  He wasn’t a user because toxicology report from police didn’t find any in him?  So pimp guy (Is he really JD?) wanted JH to do a meth drop for him but he refused.  Pimp guy got his other gf side kick to run that errand for him.  When JH was filmed in the public toilet picking up the meth, he wasn’t doing the drug drop, he was sabotaging pimp guy by picking it up before the client came round to pick it up?

2. JH is definitely not the baby’s father.  Why did SB go through all the hassle of faking the documents and fronting up at the Nam household in the first place?  I still can’t work that out.  Was she trying to figure out the circumstances around JH’s death?  

3. On the night of JH’s death, SB and JH were back at the house?  This is getting very convoluted.  SB says she and JH overheard NJD and YJ having a conversation.  I know what it sounded like but it could mean something else.  Here’s the conversation.  All they heard was YJ asking

“Are you afraid that Hye Joo will find out?”  

Did they actually see them in bed together?  If not, then the conversation could be about a secret (eg JH being in trouble) that they had to keep from KHJ.  NJD and WJ rely on YJ heavily to be KHJ’s friend in need.  They use her to manipulate KHJ’s emotions and decision making.  I just find it strange that a man like him who is so driven to succeed would risk it all with an affair.  Plus to do it right in his own house is just sloppy.  He’s a man who plans meticulously and is preemptive with his strikes so as to always swing things in his favour.  So if he did have an affair in his own house, that’s an anomaly.  I am still unconvinced that they had an affair but happy to be proven wrong at this point :lol:.  

I am trying to put the timeline together for the night of JiHoon’s death

- HJ visits mill lady to collect her oil.  It’s late morning or afternoon?  Finds out about her granddaughter’s death.  Visits the mill lady at the wake.

- NJD is still at the office and just finishing up with some folks.  Clock reads 5:10pm.  WJ tells him he has dinner with sponsors at 7pm.  There’s a time gap so I think this is when he went to the 2 wakes.  
- HJ heads home.  Sun sets.  We see her in different clothes and she starts to soak meat bones in a pail.  Hears YS come home.  They get into an argument.  YS slams the bedroom door on her in a huff.

- HJ is in Pajamas talking to YJ downstairs.  She gets the text from NJD telling her he’s almost home (he must be in the car now with WJ.  After he sends this text he gets the phone call from JH asking for his help and they concoct a plan to see JH later and to pretend that NJD is attending a wake).  HJ talks about YS acting up more and more with YJ.   HJ asks YJ if she wants to move up into JH’s old room (I guess he’s living in an apartment now so he wouldn’t be coming back).  YJ says she’s happy downstairs in late Mother-in-law’s room.  HJ said had they known YJ was going to live with them, they would’ve built her a room upstairs as well.  YJ said upstairs was for their family.  HJ tells her how grateful she is for her.  And recounts how YJ came and stayed with them to help HJ who was pregnant with YS after her mother-in-law passed.  
- NJD comes home and sees the 2 women in conversation.  They chat like friends.  (If YJ and NJD are having an affair, they are hiding it really well?). NJD and HJ head upstairs leaving YJ to wash up.

- bedroom. HJ is in bed.  NJD takes his badge off and his jacket off.  They make out and are interrupted by WJ’s call.  NJD picks up.  Tells HJ that he has a wake to attend.  Leaves his badge behind.  Is this when he heads downstairs and talks to YJ?  What did they talk about that they had to hide from HJ?  JH?  There’s no other time otherwise?  And this is when SB and JH sees the 2 of them together and overhear the tail end of their conversation - I get the feeling they didn’t hear it in full and jumped to conclusions?  JH must then move to the rendezvous point to meet his father.
- JH and NJD meet up.  WJ is probably the person to drive NJD there.  They fight.  Still unclear as to what went down.  Did he confront his father about the alleged affair?  NJD claims the police handed the phone to him?  Did he lie about that?  Was he in possession of JH’s phone before his death?

(this part is speculation on my part that this happens after the meet up with NJD - based on SB’s testimony)

- JH is upset after meet up with his dad and heads to Gangnam to drink heavily.  CCTV and waiter there confirm that he was there a few hours before his death.

- 1:02am JH is seen on CCTV heading into toilet block.  It’s known to be a pick up point for drugs.  He’s picked up the meth.  Why though?  

- 1:07am JH texts SB

”Don’t ever say you want to break up!  Do you have a death wish?”

- 1:08am Then there are 2 calls he makes to SB.  Before he finally texts “I am going to kill myself” (this doesn’t send). Presumably this is when he dies.

(speculation end)

- HJ wakes up and remembers the meat bones.  Steps on the badge on the floor in the dark.  Checks in on YS and finds her missing. YJ and HJ head out to try to find her.  HJ takes a taxi to police station.  YJ returns home to wait in case YS returns.

- HJ at police station.  Files report.  Police decide to head out to try to find her.  As they walk out, NJD arrives in a taxi.  Where did NJD go after meeting up with JH?  He’s not with WJ because he came in a taxi?  They hug.  All 4 of them head out to try to find YS.  WJ arrives to find NJD and joins in the search.  They search all through the night.  
- Day after.  They are back at the Police station.  They find out that NJD is an Assembly Man and immediately step up the search.  We have a time stamp.  4:03pm (on police woman’s phone).  It’s been over 12hours since YS was found missing by HJ.  

JH’s body had 1g of meth and a burner phone (Likely to be from pimp guy.  He gave SB one.  He’s blackmailing her to do drug runs for him.  He’s been using her bank account for illegal activities and threatened to use it against her if she doesn’t heed his instructions).  Did pimp guy do the same to JH?  And that’s why JH is in trouble?  And he was trying to reach out to his dad when he realized the trouble he was in?   I get the feeling JH decided to “end” his father’s political career by committing suicide with the drugs on him - to cause a sensation/scandal.  Even if he thought NJD was having an affair, he probably loved his mother enough that he didn’t want to put her through that shame (this could be why they had that story about YS’s classmate and the dilemma she had about exposing her father’s affair).  The only way JH saw of ending his father’s political career was to sacrifice himself by making up the story of being a drug mule and then committing suicide because he didn’t want to have to face the consequences of going to jail again.  This is speculative on my part.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

I bow down to your sleuthing skills, @nrllee !

You are right, it's not definitively proven that Yeo-jin and Joong-do are actually having an affair. They're hiding *something* from Hye-ju, but that's all we know for sure so far.

And like you, I also hope that maybe it isn't true. Because... AWFUL.

I also like your theory that Su-bin's motive for moving into Joong-do's house was to try and find something (evidence?) about what Joong-do did. Ji-hoon wasn't the father of her baby, but they definitely had some kind of friendship or relationship.

A couple more thoughts:

(1) It really broke my heart to hear Hye-ju's voice mail to Su-bin. Hye-ju obviously wishes that her son wasn't a rapist. But she also wants Su-bin to not be a rape victim. Because she cares about Su-bin, and because being a sexual assault victim is a lifelong wound. Which she knows everything about. Ah, so sad.

(2) It also really broke my heart when Yun-seo kept asking her mom if she lied about being sexually assaulted to extort money. Yun-seo seems like a normal middle school student, but she acts strangely strident and insensitive. Like when her friend confided in her about her father's cheating. And again, when her mother is obviously suffering.

Again, she is a child and we should be forgiving, but I feel like the show is deliberately showing her to be a certain kind of person. Someone who can stab someone and twist the knife to get what she wants. Her father's daughter, basically.

Anyway, it occurred to me that she wanted her mom to go on TV and talk about her assault to help her father's political campaign, and that she was manipulating her mom. And it worked, too. After making her mother break down and weep, in the end, she agreed to go on TV.

(Well, probably not anymore.)

No matter what happens from now on, we definitely know that Hye-ju has been lied to and used by the people closest to her. And it's just a real bummer, because we can see that she is a genuinely good person who has only ever been good to her family. But she's been betrayed by her loved ones, and we still don't know to what extent.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

I bow down to your sleuthing skills, @nrllee !

I could be very wrong though.  :lol:  And NJD could well be the sleaze bag and YJ the ultimate Judas.  They (JD and YJ) don’t behave like lovers though.  No sly look exchanges, no jealousy.  Nada.  So if they are lovers they are hiding it very well. 

SB is still a mystery to me.  On her intentions to turn up at the Nam household.  If she was trying to find out what happened to JH, she didn’t look like she was doing much sleuthing.  She had a lot of opportunities to comb through the house because it looked like she stayed home alone a lot.  YJ would be at the restaurant, HJ at her work, YS at school and NJD out as well?  Maybe she was trying to blackmail NJD and find proof of his infidelity.  Or maybe it was as simple as finding a home to shelter in because she found out she was pregnant and conveniently used JH as an excuse.  I will wait for her reveal.

I was a bit upset with YS as well.  She indeed is her father’s daughter.  

Even if NJD didn’t cheat and YJ’s part in helping his cause is revealed (by concealing SB’s miscarriage amongst other things), poor HJ would be devastated by the betrayal of trust.  KY is person who is trustworthy but to be honest I don’t see either having an affair.  KY is still very much in love with his confused wife and HJ doesn’t strike me as the sort of woman to cheat with another man.  Whatever the outcome, I seriously doubt the NJD and KHJ marriage will stay the same.  The third party in their relationship is NJD’s political aspirations.  If he can’t give that up, I see no future in their marriage.  To be honest I am not sure how this will end for all the parties involved.  I am waiting with bated breath. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Our Blooming Youth” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Episode 13 of SBS’s “Trolley” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent, seeing a similar rating as its previous episode’s score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565632wpp/our-blooming-youth-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

• Like 1

Wow!! I was all tears when NJD confessd to KHJ that he did meet JH that night and scolded him. NJD was feeling all guilty about it, but this was before SB dropped the bomb about the affair! I still cant believe it and I dont think i want to.

@nrllee was it the same night that JH and SB oveheard NJD and YJ’s conversation at the house before NJD left for the ‘said wake’ ? It seems odd and unclear to me . If JH and SB were at the house why would JH call NJD and both agreed they met somwhere that night?

I agree with you NJD would not want to risk and affair. As for YJ i cant understand why she still wants to go on living there if its true. I mean she has been staying in the house since YS was born.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

JH is definitely not the baby’s father.  Why did SB go through all the hassle of faking the documents and fronting up at the Nam household in the first place?  I still can’t work that out.  Was she trying to figure out the circumstances around JH’s death?

I can only think that she is running away from that pimp bf. 

I noted that KHJ’s friend the doctor who told her about SB misscarriage did not mentioned to KHJ about YJ being there when SB had the surgery. It occured to me that probably YJ had put something in SB’s food/drink to make her misscarry on the instruction of NJD/WJ - just speculating

• Like 2

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

was it the same night that JH and SB oveheard NJD and YJ’s conversation at the house before NJD left for the ‘said wake’ ? It seems odd and unclear to me . If JH and SB were at the house why would JH call NJD and both agreed they met somwhere that night?

Yes it was the same night I think.  And you’re right, It was odd about why JH would call NJD then.  In Ep1, KHJ was in her pajamas talking about YS’s bad attitude to YJ downstairs.  She gets the text from NJD saying he’s nearly home.  Then NJD gets the call from JH about being in trouble almost straight after he sent that text (according to the flashback in Ep11).  It probably was the same night because WJ tells him to use the Conglomerate’s MIL’s wake as a convenient excuse to talk to JH in private later?  And that is the same day/night that it happened.  And it would place SB and JH in the house or near the house when he made that desperate call to NJD.  

we only have SB’s testimony and her words to HJ outside her book repair studio in the rain were

SB - your husband and the lady from the noodle shop are having an affair.

(we have a flashback of SB and NJD in the car

SB - I’m blackmailing you right now. I know you’re having an affair.  JH and I saw everything at your house. 
(flashback of JH and SB upstairs overhearing YJ and NJD downstairs

YJ - are you afraid that HyeJoo will find out?)

SB continues - it was the day of JH’s accident…The day I ran into you in front of the clinic, what I was going to tell you there was…it was that your husband might have killed JH. 

HJ - what?  Have you gone crazy?  How could you say…

SB - JH told me he was going to confront his dad about the affair that day. 
(flashback JH and NJD in car

JH - you’re having an affair.)

SB - and he died right after that.  That’s why I think he might have killed JH. 

It may be a plot hole.  Thus far the writer has been very tight with her writing and everything has made sense.  This may be a slip up?  Or maybe not.

You could be right about YJ causing the SB to miscarry.  If so, it’s sad.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

One other thing. All the episodes have titles and Episode 13 is 부정 (不貞) which means "infidelity."

They usually flash the episode number and title near the beginning of every episode. For this latest one, Ep. 13, they showed only the episode number at the beginning of the episode.

Then they showed the episode number and the title in the final scene, where Yeo-jin and Joong-do are standing facing each other in their living room.

You can already see what the episode titles are because Netflix lists it in their menu. But I thought this was impactful. Mostly because at the end, I was totally gobsmacked. "What??!? WHAT?!???? WHAAAATT???!!???" :o

All I can hope is that Hye-ju will just start kicking a$$. She knows the truth now, she's smart, and she's much more proactive than she's been shown so far.

• Like 4

Omg.. i haven't watched eps 13 yet and it's now my routine that i'd come here 1st to get spoiler..

what a spoiler .. the unexpected  partner of adultery was YeoJin hahahaa LOL.. seriously, i (dare not) think why YeoJin tough.. KHJ was in every aspect couldn't compare to her .. sorry it's just my opinion and not to sound to be mean and disparage of YeoJin (or the actress)..

Was it confirmed or was it just vague because if it's vague there might be misleading clue again from the writer to us? 

If so , poor yoonseo, she got what she said.. adultery was the worst of the worst case and here the 3rd woman was her auntie who lived in the same house and like 2nd mother to her.. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Li22.55 said:

what a spoiler .. the unexpected  partner of adultery was YeoJin hahahaa LOL.. seriously, i (dare not) think why YeoJin tough.. KHJ was in every aspect couldn't compare to her .. sorry it's just my opinion and not to sound to be mean and disparage of YeoJin (or the actress)

Was it confirmed or was it just vague because if it's vague there might be misleading clue again from the writer to us? 

It was implied.  Read my post above with the overheard conversation by SB.  SB/JH didn’t actually catch them in the act.  They were fully clothed having a conversation and all that was implied was that they shared a secret between them.  Something that would hurt HJ (potentially) if she found out. 

For me I still doubt they are lovers.  They don’t behave like lovers.  And to have your lover living in the same house as your wife is not what most men would do?  Especially a man like NJD who risks losing so much if it ever gets out?  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

26 minutes ago, nrllee said:

It was implied.  Read my post above with the overheard conversation by SB.  SB/JH didn’t actually catch them in the act.  They were fully clothed having a conversation and all that was implied was that they shared a secret between them.  Something that would hurt HJ (potentially) if she found out.

Thanks.. i'd watched it later .. but who do you think did NJD cheat his wife with if not YeoJin.. 

Because there're only 3 more eps left.. would just a new person came and claimed to be NJD other woman? hmm.. suspicious again to Soobin who the one only have JD tattoo? Couldn't be Soobin again ? 

Or better that it's not adultery related problem 

• Like 3