[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

Joong Do is the ideal husband every woman deserves! I have had such a crush on the actor ever since, "My Name", what a man~

Ki Young had a crush on Hye Joo; I knew it LoL. He should just run away from that toxic family. Who cares 'bout Seung Hee LoL?! She's as rotten as they come.

Soo Bin. Oh Soo Bin aish tsk. The girl doesn't even pay rent LoL and she's acting like she's the moral police give me a break! 

• Like 6

@Latte_Anyday I know.  The husbands portrayed in this drama are too perfect?  :lol:  KY loves her.  Enough to let her disappear for 3 years to “take a break” whilst he cares for his overbearing mother-in-law.  That’s above and beyond.  

In Ep7, the JD tattooed on SB’s stomach is likely to be someone else?  She looked at her phone which has a background pic of 2 boys and her.  One of whom is JH and there’s another guy.  Then she gets a call from “JD” which startles her and she doesn’t pick up.  I can’t imagine NJD ringing her on the phone like that.  She was happy to talk to NJD face to face so she wouldn’t have that reaction if it were him on the other end.  

KY liked KJE when they were in high school.  So we were right about his feelings for her.  They met up at the end of the ep but I doubt they are planning to start an affair or something.  What’s more likely is that KY wants KHJ to help him stop an all out war between the families.  

• Like 4

SeungHee thinks that by disappearing for 3 years her mom would miss her but she just doest realized that she is invisible to her mom. The mom practically eat, sleep and breathes SeungHo. After he died she immersed herself in land deals.

@nrlleei would like to think KY may be a witness or know of SeungHo’s misdeeds. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Joong Do is the ideal husband every woman deserves! I have had such a crush on the actor ever since, "My Name", what a man~

I was thinking exactly the same thing!  He's the perfect husband although he seems to be a workaholic.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

SeungHee thinks that by disappearing for 3 years her mom would miss her but she just doest realized that she is invisible to her mom. The mom practically eat, sleep and breathes SeungHo. After he died she immersed herself in land deals.

Exactly!  That's why I'm wondering why she's forcing KHJ to apologize.  What does that accomplish for her?  Nothing.  The mother isn't suddenly going to pay attention to her because she got KHJ to apologize.  She should focus on her life with KY and forget her mother.

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Maintains Lead In Viewership Ratings Amidst Stiff Competition From “Brain Works” And “Trolley”

The Monday-Tuesday drama ratings race is fiercer than ever!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 9 broadcast of SBS’s “Trolley” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.2 percent. This is a 0.7 percent increase from the previous episode’s rating of 3.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562245wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-maintains-lead-in-viewership-ratings-amidst-stiff-competition-from-brain-works-and-trolley

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The clip showed that Kim Hyun Joo went to the post office to mail her gifts to the selected posters who shared their reviews of Trolley in her instagram, including two fans overseas.  She invited her fans to  write reviews of Episodes 3-6 of Trolley.  She is incredibly sweet!! 

She invited fans to post messages after Episodes 7-8 again.  There are many talented writers.  You could post your review at her instagram :) 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Thanks @Latte_Anyday and @nrllee this morning i came and read your comment first and knowing it's safe then i started to watch eps 4 LOL

and it made me to breathe rather relieved, because someone named JD called SB on her phone .. i just thought that it couldn't be our "dear favourite husband" NJD who called her .. i hope it stayed that way till the end. 

And then NJD effort to amends the law regarding sex crimes if the criminal died , he wouldn't do that if he himself by any chance ever performed adultery, right? It'd be like he dig his own grave by doing that?

And couln't be more satisfied when KHJ slapped SH for mentioning KHJ didn't care for her stepson when he died.. it's like make anyone who commented (or protested) by how the story going so far to get plot twist ha.. (quite a few was like saying didn't like KHJ character because she's weak, she should not afraid to defend herself since she's a victim bla bla.. here the writer cleverly showing it wasn't she's weak and didn't want to defend but the circumstances made her like that until now when she met and must dealt with her past )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dogstar said:

She is incredibly sweet!! 

That she is.  She’s a lovely person off screen.  I believe she’s quite altruistic in real life as well.  Working with impoverished children overseas and teaching Korean children about poverty worldwide.  

• Like 3

@CarolynH i have a feeling SeungHee doesnt really believe that her brother is innocent and she knows her husband doesnt either. So she is forcing KHJ to apologize to her mom and to reveal to everyone that he is innocent. Its sort of a confirmation for her that her brother is really a good son as her mother thinks. This will make her less guilty of hating him. 

• Like 3

Kim Hyun Joo Embraces Jung Soo Bin Tightly With Teary Eyes In “Trolley”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 10, 2023
by S. Kim

SBS’s “Trolley” has foreshadowed a change in Kim Hyun Joo and Jung Soo Bin’s relationship!

“Trolley” is a mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Kim Hyun Joo stars as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), who chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife.

Spoilers

Previously in “Trolley,” Kim Hye Joo’s secret which she had hidden for the past 20 years got revealed to her husband Nam Joong Do. Even after finding out about the secret and knowing how that would potentially affect his political life, Nam Joong Do showed unwavering faith and love toward his beloved wife.

Amidst all this, the newly released stills capture Kim Hye Joo and Kim Soo Bin (Jung Soo Bin) facing each other in the rain in the middle of the night. With teary eyes, Kim Hye Joo hugs Kim Soo Bin tightly. Kim Soo Bin, who seems perplexed and surprised by an unexpected embrace from Kim Hye Joo, remains still in her arms. As Kim Hye Joo has been wary of Kim Soo Bin with the fear of getting her secret uncovered, the change in the atmosphere between the two stimulates viewers’ curiosity as to what will happen in the upcoming episode.

kim-hyun-joo02.jpg

kim-hyun-joo01.jpg

Another still previews Nam Joong Do’s appearance on the news. Unlike the last time when he appeared on the news to make an apology and clarification, Nam Joong Do draws attention with a dignified expression and attitude this time. Viewers are curious to find out how he plans to revise and reinforce the law that is relevant to the incident that left an indelible wound to his wife as well as the Namgoong Sol case which keeps repeating even after 20 years.

Spoiler

park-hee-soon01.jpg

In episode 8 of “Trolley” which will air on January 10, Kim Hye Joo, who has always supported her husband no matter what, faces a conflict with Nam Joong Do for the first time. The production team remarked, “The characters of ‘Trolley,’ which has reached its halfway mark, will face turbulence in their relationships and emotions. Please look forward to the remaining plot twists and mystery.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562278wpp/kim-hyun-joo-embraces-jung-soo-bin-tightly-with-teary-eyes-in-trolley

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

EVENT: Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas of 2022 - Poll #2

kdr7sTk.gif

Vote for the Best Daily, CDramas and Rest of Kdramas of 2022 here. 2022 was again a year full of dramas, and here's your chance to show which ones you liked the best! 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

Interesting turn of events.  This drama maintains the intrigue and tension with each ep.  So good.

Ep8

- KY believed KHJ but wanted her to apologize for the pain caused to SH and her mother just so they can get closure.  Not sure this is the solution though?  It may be that SeonHo’s mom believed his story as well and it wasn’t something she made up just to keep his reputation intact.  He convinces SH to stop harassing KHJ in the meantime.  But we see SH try to renew contact with another YongSan classmate so she doesn’t seem to be listening well.  Or maybe she’s doing her own investigation into the matter.

- NJD chooses to use the media (to talk about grandma’s attempted suicide) to move public sentiment to his side so as to push for change to the law about investigation of crimes even after the death of the accused.  This causes a rift between he and KHJ.  If both were given the Trolley situation, NJD would change the path of the trolley to save the 5 and kill the 1.  KHJ would not because she believes in the sanctity of every life.  NJD believes collateral damage is inevitable when you’re in pursuit of the greater good.

- YeoJin’s  (KHJ’s Unnie) daughter was killed by her own father who then attempted suicide.  She was trying to bring this injustice to light when WJ (Male Secretary) met her and promoted her cause.  He was a reporter back then.  He was recruited by NJD and joined the campaign during that time.

- SB and KHJ reconcile.  I believe SB just wants a family?  She was very touched by KHJ’s kindness.  

- SB lost the baby.  Baby died in utero.  She decided to leave the Nam residence.  She seemed to try to tell KHJ on a few occasions but just decided not to in the end.
- JH’s phone was found.  KHJ stumbled upon it.  It’s in a drawer in NJD’s study.  We see texts from SB telling JH she wants to break up.  And him declaring that he will kill himself if she does.

Questions

- someone (looked like a man) picked up the parcel (with the photos) before KHJ doubled back to collect them.  Who was it?  WJ?  NJD?  Were any of the photos removed?  Or was he just checking it to make sure KHJ wasn’t doing something that would endanger the upcoming election?

- why did SB want to break up with JH?  
- why did she have NJD’s card and it had a little red heart beside his name? :grimace:
- what was that weird conversation that YS’s classmate had with her about fathers cheating?  This was the same classmate that seemed so enamoured by NJD at the Assembly House school excursion. :grimace:

- YJ seemed to want to tell WJ something when he came to the restaurant to talk to her.  But she stopped herself.  What was she going to tell him?  That SB had lost the baby?  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

why did SB want to break up with JH?  
- why did she have NJD’s card and it had a little red heart beside his name? :grimace:
- what was that weird conversation that YS’s classmate had with her about fathers cheating?  This was the same classmate that seemed so enamoured by NJD at the Assembly House school excursion. :grimace:

Thank you for your review .. i haven't watch eps 8 yet because again i need spoiler of what's happening there.

I smiled reading your review but toward the end i couldn't help be grimaced and it started again the one question we here most fearful to predict "would NJD flaw be anything related to adultery?" (Just rigth after yesterday when i said i was rather relieved because NJD tried hard to amend the law regarding sex crimes.. i better not to get high hope on any scene implying he's a faithful husband until it's really ended, yeah? ) 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Li22.55 said:

i couldn't help be grimaced and it started again the one question we here most fearful to predict "would NJD flaw be anything related to adultery?" (Just rigth after yesterday when i said i was rather relieved because NJD tried hard to amend the law regarding sex crimes.. i better not to get high hope on any scene implying he's a faithful husband until it's really ended, yeah? ) 

Yeah it seems like it could be insinuating that.  Why else would they include that conversation that YS and her friend had at school?  The friend asked YS how she would react if she found out her father was cheating on her mom.  YS said she wouldn’t care, she would tell everyone to out him.  Then the friend blurted in the end that it was her own father who was cheating?  It seems a rather odd way of “telling” a friend about it.  Because if I found out my dad was cheating (when I was a high schooler) I would be devastated?  I wouldn’t be asking my best friend a “hypothetical question”.  Her friend seemed far too calm for it to be her own father?  It was just a very strange conversation.  So I wouldn’t put it past NJD… :grimace:  But why did SB look scared when she saw that the phone call was from “JD”?  She didn’t act scared in the house with NJD?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Questions

- someone (looked like a man) picked up the parcel (with the photos) before KHJ doubled back to collect them.  Who was it?  WJ?  NJD?  Were any of the photos removed?  Or was he just checking it to make sure KHJ wasn’t doing something that would endanger the upcoming election?

- why did SB want to break up with JH?  

- YJ seemed to want to tell WJ something when he came to the restaurant to talk to her.  But she stopped herself.  What was she going to tell him?  That SB had lost the baby?  

I still think that SB had/has a crush on NJD.  That would explain the heart on the card.  It also explains why she greeted NJD in the house and he rebuffed her.  Maybe SB was using JH to get to NJD?

Now I can't remember if I already mentioned this.  Remember a couple episodes ago, when SB saw a man in a trench coat and she was afraid?  Maybe that's JD.  But, when she tried to erase JD, she seemed mad; as though it's someone she now hates.  If that's true, then JD is not NJD.

Ep 8 is the first time I actually liked SB.  At least she tried to help out around the house and seems to care for KHJ.  

Let's say KHJ apologizes to Seung Hee's omma.  Seung Hee's omma would still hate KHJ.  The only thing that would ever appease the mother is having her son back.  In my mind, the apology is meaningless for both Seung Hee and her mother.  

I was surprised and, admittedly disappointed, that KHJ lashed out at NJD.  He's so supportive of her and is introducing the bill in support of what happened to her in the past.  

Next Monday can't come soon enough!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

still think that SB had/has a crush on NJD.  That would explain the heart on the card.  It also explains why she greeted NJD in the house and he rebuffed her.  Maybe SB was using JH to get to NJD?

I think this is the most likely situation.  If I recall rightly she was initially very positive about NJD.  Until she witnessed first hand how cold he was when he rebuffed her.  It’s plausible that she used JH to get close to NJD.  The timeline confuses me though.  Unless she knew JH well before he went to jail, it was a very short time for her to get to know him because he wasn’t out of jail for long before he died (a few weeks?)

25 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Let's say KHJ apologizes to Seung Hee's omma.  Seung Hee's omma would still hate KHJ.  The only thing that would ever appease the mother is having her son back.  In my mind, the apology is meaningless for both Seung Hee and her mother.  

I agree.  That’s why I thought KY was naive to think that a mere apology from KHJ would be sufficient.  

25 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I was surprised and, admittedly disappointed, that KHJ lashed out at NJD.  He's so supportive of her and is introducing the bill in support of what happened to her in the past.

I think that’s where KHJ is different from NJD.  She believed the repercussions of him resurrecting the whole thing again would be dire.  She mentioned the grandma (but NJD countered and said he got her permission to go ahead with it).  She also mentioned how badly the Med student’s mother took the whole hate campaign launched by social media  the first time - the mother attempted suicide.  KHJ didn’t want that to happen again.  She felt that everyone had “suffered” enough and she didn’t want anymore people dying as a result of his actions of manipulating the public sentiment.  I think she was more understanding the first time when he called out the Med student and inadvertently caused his suicide.  Because that was an accident.  NJD didn’t expect it to happen.  But this time, he had all the facts about Med student’s mother having suicidal tendencies and still he chose to forge ahead with media coverage.  So this time the onus was on him.  That’s why he said that collateral damage was inevitable for the greater good.  He understood full well that it could drive the Med student’s mother to another suicide attempt but he did it anyway.

• Like 4

Thank @nrlleefor a nice review.  Episode 8 is intriguing as the previous episodes. I like the editing of this drama.  Each episode feels like a mini movie! 

However, I  nearly had a heart attack during the last 10 minute of the episode!  I dislike the hints given the writer!  It implied  that NJD was having an affair with SB.  I truely hope the hints were just to mislead the audidence. 

Hint 1: Yeo-jin (the lady living with the Nam Family) looks resentful whenever NJD was around. She was about to reveal something that would break the "perfect image" of NJD to the Secretary.  

Hint2: Yoon-seo
 and her classmate discuss the adultery of Dads at school. 

Hint3: NJD warned SB not to hurt his wife in an earlier episode. I was a bit puzzled by the lines. It would make sense if NJD and SB were having an affair!

Hint4: SB was holding a card of NJD with a mark of a red heart.

Have said that, if NJD indeed had sex with SB, it would make him the worst jerk in the world.  He was not only unfaithful to his wife, but also took advantage of a young girl. Besides, she was the girlfriend of his son!  Please Writer-Min, be nice to NJD, do not go there!  Give us a decent NJD! 

=============================
Also, I think KY and SH were too naive to believe that SH's Mom would have a closure regarding SeonHo's death.  Seo-Hee and her Mother are self-centered and spoiled (A typical mentality of rich people?).  The Mother would continue to blame KHJ no matter what KHJ does. 

BTW, the most disgusting line that one could say to a victim of sexsual assaults is what SeonHo's mother said to KHJ.  "Consider you are in a brief relationship with a law student of the Seoul National University"!!  She was asking to the victim o be thankful only because the guy was successful?!  It was very disturbing!  

Ironically, KHJ did end up marry a law student from the Seoul National University.  NJD was a graduate from the Seoul National University according to the guest records in the memorial service of JH.   

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Ep8

- KY believed KHJ but wanted her to apologize for the pain caused to SH and her mother just so they can get closure.  Not sure this is the solution though?  It may be that SeonHo’s mom believed his story as well and it wasn’t something she made up just to keep his reputation intact.  He convinces SH to stop harassing KHJ in the meantime.  But we see SH try to renew contact with another YongSan classmate so she doesn’t seem to be listening well.  Or maybe she’s doing her own investigation into the matter.

• Like 5

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Remains Steady While “Brain Works” And “Trolley” See Slight Dips In Viewership Ratings

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Remains Steady While “Brain Works” And “Trolley” See Slight Dips In Viewership Ratings

SBS’s “Trolley” also saw a drop of about 0.5 percent for episode 8, garnering a viewership rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562400wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-remains-steady-while-brain-works-and-trolley-see-slight-dips-in-viewership-ratings

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, dogstar said:

Hint 1: Yeo-jin (the lady living with the Nam Family) looks resentful whenever NJD was around. She was about to reveal something that would break the "perfect image" of NJD to the Secretary.  

I agree.  It’s yucky.  I was wondering why YeoJin seemed to act so strange around NJD.  The timeline is odd.  Which is why I am still holding out hope that JD is NOT NJD.  That SB just has a crush on NJD.  And hopefully, that weird conversation YS had with her classmate is just a red herring.  

Timeline 1

NJD and KHJ come home from hospital after finding grandma had tried to take her own life.

They are in their bedroom.  He tells her to go to sleep and heads out.

He bumps into SB in the hallway who asks how KHJ is.  He ignores her, starts to walk down the stairs and then warns her not to mess with his wife or she will suffer consequences.  He heads down to the study to work.

We then see YeoJin Unnie come down to the kitchen to get a glass of water.  She pauses when she sees the study room light on and has a strange look on her face.  (I can’t work out what she’s thinking?)

Next morning KHJ is about to walk into SB’s room.  SB stops her from going into her room, tells her not to go in without her permission.  KHJ probably thinks it’s her retaliation because she told SB the same last time.  SB walks into the room, closes the door.  She looks at her phone and we see the background pic is one of JH’s birthday (SB is there with another boy).   As she is looking at it, she gets a call from “JD”.  She looks startled and then shoves the phone under the pillow ignoring the call.  

The timeline doesn’t seem to fit for the “JD” being NJD.  He had just spoken to her the night before and already issued her a warning.  He didn’t need to ring her again on her phone.  

Timeline2 

Timeline for YJ and WJ’s meeting in the restaurant.  It was the same night KHJ had found SB in the rain and they hugged.  We get a flashback to when SB went to see the doctor (it was probably the same time she bumped into YJ down in the street).  Doctor tells SB baby doesn’t have a heartbeat.  We see YJ with SB when the procedure to abort the dead foetus only at the end of the episode.  And SB tells YJ not to tell KHJ about it.  

Something WJ said made her pause and reconsider telling him the secret.  Here’s what he said.

WJ - I became a reporter wanting to change the world.  I met Assembly Man Nam during my rookie days and then I got to know him better during the Chae-Eun’s (YJ’s daughter ) case.  I began to think I could bet my life on him.  (Camera pans on YJ’s face and you can see she becomes indecisive now).  So when he asked me to join him in the Assembly 7 and 1/2 years ago, I quit without hesitation.  (Camera pans again on YJ, she can no longer look him in the eye, she’s looking down).  So I hope the general election goes well…(camera pans on YJ again and she looks up, she looks a bit taken aback by his next statement)…and we’ll go further.  (YJ looks down again at this revelation).

YJ starts to speak - Mr Jang…

(but he interrupts her)

WJ - betting my life on him was the best option I had.  And I will make it the best decision of my life.  Anyway, you had something to tell me today?

(by this time, YJ’s mind is made up, she’s not going to tell him).

Did SB already tell YJ that the baby was dead and she had to be in hospital for the procedure so she told YJ about it and that was what YJ was trying to tell WJ?   And she decided not to tell WJ because she saw how fixated he was about the political cause and was worried that SB would be dealt with unkindly if she no longer had the baby as a bargaining chip?  

• Like 5