[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High Ahead of Finale

Meanwhile, episode 11 of SBS’s “Trolley” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent, seeing the same rating as that of previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564825wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-ahead-of-finale

• Thanks 3

I continue to be riveted by this drama, but the dread is growing that again a kdrama has a woman falsifying or accusing the wrong person of assault. In reality that rarely happens, in reality too many women and girls can’t come forward in a world that still shields little boys from taking responsibility for their actions, a world that is still trying to tell women to shut up and take it -unless it’s going to benefit someone like NJD, who is fooling himself, that he really cares about the trauma his wife went through… still I hope HY does speak out in her own voice

kudos to the cast that is bringing layers to their characters, that will help if the story is really going to be as slanted as the preview indicates

• Like 5

by Lily Alice, January 31, 2023

The mystery melodrama "Trolley" achieved an average viewership of 3.3% for its 11th episode on January 30, which is the same as its previous episode. 

2wrJj7_2f.jpg

Similar to "Brain Works", "Trolley" also premiered with a strong rating of 4.6% (which is also its highest to date). But the drama slowly plunged in viewership and ultimately dropped to its lowest rating of 3.3%.

The K-drama stars Kim Hyun Joo ( the female lead from "Jung_E"), Park Hee Soon (famous for his villainous role in "My Name"), Kim Mu Yeol (best known for playing Cha Tae Joo in "Juvenile Justice"), and Jung Soo Bin (who held roles in famous K-dramas like "Juvenile Justice", "Revenge of Others", and "Island"), among others. 

With only five episodes left, the show is nearing its end. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the drama will gain more popularity with the coming episodes. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/brain-works-and-trolley-get-steady-ratings

• Like 2

Yoon Seo had it comin' at school for her insensitive remarks to her friend earlier in previous ep. It's fine by her 'cause her friend's situation was "far worse than hers" - her exact words. Why is she so concerned for Ji Hoon now LoL!?

Joong Do I am so disappointed in you. You hottie ahjusshi ahah. Soo Bin is another aish sigh. She literally ruined Ji Hoon and he's not even alive to defend himself! 

Ha-ha in her dazed state, Seung Hee's insufferable mother gave herself away to Ki Young LoL. Serve her right. Poor Hye Joo LoL she has nobody she could trust..

• Like 4

So I was right in guessing that NJD/WJ saw JH before he died.  To try to set him straight leading up to the elections.  Question is how far would he go to ensure his political career would remain intact?  Would he kill his own son?  :o I am trying to work out why KHJ is so bewildered about the badge and trying to retrace NJD’s footsteps that night.  

KHJ visits mill lady at granddaughter’s wake in the afternoon.  She’s told by mill lady later on that NJD had visited as well.  And that he was wearing his badge.  Mill lady showed her the records for the day.  He had visited before KHJ.  So that would place his visit in the afternoon (and he had his badge).  He told KHJ that night that he was heading out again to attend a wake.  We now know he was actually going to see JH.  He dropped his badge on the floor.  KHJ trod on it when she woke up to check on YS - she reports YS missing.  When we see him at the police station with KHJ he wasn’t wearing his badge because the police didn’t catch on that he was a politician.  He had lied to KHJ about that night.  Now we know from SB’s testimony that NJD had actually been the last person JH had seen.  How would SB know this?  She obviously wasn’t with JH then because she was on a call with him - after she told him she wanted to break up?  Did JH mention on the phone that he was with his dad?  And that’s why she knew?  

Unnie YJ is in on the whole ruse.  She looks increasingly uncomfortable with the whole situation and that’s probably why she’s in a hurry to sell her shop and move away.  

• Insightful 5

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Missing: The Other Side 2” Ends On A High Note With New Personal Best In Ratings

SBS’s “Trolley” also enjoyed an increase in ratings by scoring an average nationwide rating of 3.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564961wpp/missing-the-other-side-2-ends-on-a-high-note-with-new-personal-best-in-ratings

• Thanks 4

Just now, nrllee said:

KHJ visits mill lady at granddaughter’s wake in the afternoon.  She’s told by mill lady later on that NJD had visited as well.  And that he was wearing his badge.  Mill lady showed her the records for the day.  He had visited before KHJ.  So that would place his visit in the afternoon (and he had his badge).  He told KHJ that night that he was heading out again to attend a wake.

wasn't NJD's visit to the mill lady's granddaughters wake on the same night after he visited Taeyang's shopping centre leaders mother in-law's wake? because the scene after he shooked hands with the leader was he was leaving and saw the monitor with the name "Hall 5 Namgoog Sol" and stopped by to meet the old lady. The scene preceding that was the clock on KHJ bed table showing 11:15pm 

And what did JH means when he said he'll make sure his dad will never be in politics again. 

I just didnt see all this coming. NJD looked very very sad

• Like 4

Very glad for the turns and twists in this episode, NJD exposing himself more and more as the ruthless politician he is. Those who think they are saviors are most dangerous …Been wondering how far his henchman would go in keeping his masters political career alive -so maybe not dad, but his henchman did away with the son? And the one giving JH a bum rap, is actually not Soobin -she is another pawn being used, and it would be very hard for her to speak out. It is Daddio who turned the threat of being blackmailed by the other political blackguard, to his own advantage. A political master, admirable, if he wasn’t crushing his wife and daughter, and making others involved, SB, YJ party to deception 
SB’s fear of her ‘ex-boyfriend’ points to the possibility that he really did force himself on her. Still her reasons for showing up at NJD’s place have not been totally revealed. And what happened with the JD tattoo she had?

How horrific for HJ to have her world crumbling underneath her…

How delicious though to have a drama where everyone has a story to tell and the actors are telling theirs well… look forward to what the writer has in store for us and them…

• Like 4

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

wasn't NJD's visit to the mill lady's granddaughters wake on the same night after he visited Taeyang's shopping centre leaders mother in-law's wake? because the scene after he shooked hands with the leader was he was leaving and saw the monitor with the name "Hall 5 Namgoog Sol" and stopped by to meet the old lady. The scene preceding that was the clock on KHJ bed table showing 11:15pm 

That’s what I thought too - that it was at night.  Which was why I was confused when they replayed the whole thing again.  I think what it implied was that he lied to KHJ about going to the wake that night.  When he was at the wakes for the shopping centre leader’s  MIL and when he visited the mill lady’s granddaughter, he had his badge on.  He only lost his badge after he came home afterwards.  When he left that night, he dropped his badge.  So he had lied to KHJ about going to the wake when she asked him where he was going.  KHJ realised that his story didn’t line up.  That SB was probably telling the truth when she said NJD was the last person JH saw that night.

I don’t know what JH meant by saying that to his dad.  It was a threat.  Maybe it was his way of rebellion, saying that he will continue to run amok and bring shame to the family name.  That he wouldn’t change his ways in spite of going to jail.  

I am confused about SB now.  Now that we know the baby was her ex bf’s, why did she turn up at the doorstep of NJD?  Claiming that the baby was JH’s?  Was she out to blackmail them?  She didn’t really ask for money though?  WJ was happy to pay her off to keep her mouth shut but she didn’t take up his offer?  And it wasn’t like she knew KHJ would be so kind to her?  Her ex bf (I am assuming it’s the “pimp” guy) lost contact with her.  JH was protecting her whereabouts as well by lying to this guy.  Was he in a relationship with SB?  She asked to “break up” with JH by text.  Then there were 2 phone calls to her from JH’s phone.  Before JH texted to SB that he would kill himself.  She never got this text.  Which was odd?  Let’s say you want to kill yourself.  You send a last message to someone.  When you hit send, it goes out.  She should’ve at least received that text even if she didn’t open it.  Why didn’t she receive it?  Was he out of range?  Did he lose connection somehow?  Which is why after he typed it, it failed to send?  Did SB show up at JH’s place because she wanted to use the situation to her benefit?   What was her real story?  And yes to @Gaia2u’s question.  Who is JD?  Is it the pimp guy?   

• Like 5

Apparently, NJD already made a decision to let the trolley run over his family and marriage!  He chose to save his career.  I do not see his marriage can be saved after so many lies and calculations!   Unless, there are other twists  (There may be. After all, it is Episode 12, not Episode 15. LOL).  

If NJD is the last person seeing JH and he had JH's cell phone, would the suidcide message be sent by NJD?  

How about this theory?  NJD had an affiar with the lady living with them.  JH witnessed it (There is a scene in the preview where JH looked totally shocked) and used it to threat NJD.  

I felt bad for KHJ!  She really does not have anyone if NJD turned out to be the biggest villain in the drama.

BTW, I was confused by the anger of JH's uncle.  KHJ sent them the photos of JH. It was supposed to be a good thing. Were the photos being replaced?  

1 hour ago, Gaia2u said:

Very glad for the turns and twists in this episode, NJD exposing himself more and more as the ruthless politician he is. Those who think they are saviors are most dangerous …Been wondering how far his henchman would go in keeping his masters political career alive -so maybe not dad, but his henchman did away with the son? And the one giving JH a bum rap, is actually not Soobin -she is another pawn being used, and it would be very hard for her to speak out. It is Daddio who turned the threat of being blackmailed by the other political blackguard, to his own advantage. A political master, admirable, if he wasn’t crushing his wife and daughter, and making others involved, SB, YJ party to deception 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dogstar said:

BTW, I was confused by the anger of JH's uncle.  KHJ sent them the photos of JH. It was supposed to be a good thing. Were the photos being replaced? 

No he was mad because of NJD’s reveal on TV about JH’s sexual misconduct against SB.  That was why he was angry.  He asked NJD why he had to make it so public.  Then he blamed NJD and KHJ for not parenting JH well.  He brought the photos that KHJ had sent him and threw them back at him.  As if to say the good will from sending him the photos meant nothing in the light of what NJD had done by not protecting his son JH.  

15 minutes ago, dogstar said:

If NJD is the last person seeing JH and he had JH's cell phone, would the suidcide message be sent by NJD?  

I had that thought too.  I guess we will find out.

16 minutes ago, dogstar said:

How about this theory?  NJD had an affiar with the lady living with them.  JH witnessed it (There is a scene in the preview where JH looked totally shocked) and used it to threat NJD.  

That did cross my mind.  It would explain why she looks at him strangely.  It’s too icky for me to think about. :lol:.  So audacious of Unnie to continue to pretend like she does in front of KHJ though?  Would NJD risk that though?  He seems so driven to get ahead politically.  Would he risk an affair derailing that?  If it ever got out he’d be finished.  WJ did say something that made me wonder.  Remember how one of the ladies in the team spoke about how KY would be in dire straits if he ratted out on his MIL’s land speculation?  She said a secret would always come to light somehow, that there’s no perfect secret.  WJ disagreed with her.  And said that a perfect secret was possible.  What secret is he referring to?  It could be the secret that NJD is trying to hide.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am confused about SB now.  Now that we know the baby was her ex bf’s, why did she turn up at the doorstep of NJD?  Claiming that the baby was JH’s?  Was she out to blackmail them?  She didn’t really ask for money though?  WJ was happy to pay her off to keep her mouth shut but she didn’t take up his offer?  And it wasn’t like she knew KHJ would be so kind to her?

I don't really like the girl from the start. She wasn't particularly nice to everybody in the house except KHJ and i assume that is because she looks to KHJ as a mother figure when her real one abandoned her. I also have a feeling that NJD and WJ had encountered her probably with JH,  before she came to the house. 

SB left the house when she miscarried the baby. Why did she keep it from KHJ? and why is YJ helping her? She had no money left after paying off her pimp bf to get her phone back with the money YJ had given her and was sleeping in the bathhouse. I think she had gone back to being a sex worker when WJ offered her money and the place to stay.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Hye Joo I hope will take Yoon Seo's advise. Seung Hee's mom continues to be oh so "entertaining" tsk.tsk. Ki Young missed his timing LoL. He's now stuck with Seung Hee's mad family for life.

Except Seung Hee does not  know that beloved hubby Ki Young was meeting up with Hye Joo and was going to betray mother in law who is now in coma KY thinks wifey will never know but when Ki Young was going to change his mind and not cooperate with JD until WJ gives him a visit. And MIL woke up from her coma but she can't say anything to her daughter because she also is afraid of losing her investments and the history of her dead son being publicized?

ep 12

Whoa!! NJD is the ultimate politician. I mean Kang can't compete, JD is ahead because he is not afraid to lose a few to gain a lot no matter what it takes?JD says he will sacrifice the few for the greater good. Tsk tsk tsk, which greater good, his place in politics and the few he sacrifices are his family, his son who died and reputation thrown to the dogs without hesitation for something he did not do, Soo Bin who will feel guilty for the rest of her life but afraid to tell the truth because she is under threat by Woo Jae, and JH grandparents who will also feel guilt and shame thinking that they should not have neglected the grandson, and a wife who is betrayed thoroughly by a husband she thought she could trust and a daughter Yeo Soon who will be shunned and gossiped about by school mates because of what she thinks her brother did? Those are the "few" that JD sacrifices for the greater good?? JD's greater good?

Will HJ be able to face the truth about her husband when she finds out, gather the children to protect them including Soo Bin and Yeo Jin whose husband killed his daughter but what if JD did the same to Ji Hoon?

• Like 5

@lila21

It was sorta sad when Ki Young found out that it wasn't one-sided (his feelings for Hye Joo) that she gave in for Seung Hee's sake which is just wrong LoL. Maybe if these 2 were married, Hye Joo's life would've been much much more peaceful. 

Assemblyman Kang is related to Seung Hee anyways so LoL. Their family is just a bunch of psychos tbvh. 

I don't know who's scarier - Joong Do? Or his henchman, Woo Jae ha-ha? Still don't know why is Yeo Jin in such a hurry to rid off her restaurant? And she looks more haggard than usual. Seem to be stressed over something.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

t was sorta sad when Ki Young found out that it wasn't one-sided (his feelings for Hye Joo) that she gave in for Seung Hee's sake which is just wrong LoL. Maybe if these 2 were married, Hye Joo's life would've been much much more peaceful. 

I wonder if in the end Ki Young and Hye Joo will end up together that after Ki Young realized that Hye Joo had feelings for him back than, the he will grow a back bone and fight for her?

and about Yeo Jin what does she know that she seems scared and wants to run away and hide as fast as she can?

9 hours ago, dogstar said:

Apparently, NJD already made a decision to let the trolley run over his family and marriage!  He chose to save his career.  I do not see his marriage can be saved after so many lies and calculations!   Unless, there are other twists  (There may be. After all, it is Episode 12, not Episode 15. LOL).  

yep, NJD, could he have sacrificed the son for his ambition?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, lila21 said:
6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

t was sorta sad when Ki Young found out that it wasn't one-sided (his feelings for Hye Joo) that she gave in for Seung Hee's sake which is just wrong LoL. Maybe if these 2 were married, Hye Joo's life would've been much much more peaceful. 

I wonder if in the end Ki Young and Hye Joo will end up together that after Ki Young realized that Hye Joo had feelings for him back than, the he will grow a back bone and fight for her

Whoa.. i haven't got time to watch eps 11 & 12 yet so many things happened already .. and when i read that NJD true colors showed at few of yours first comment, i got upset because my guessing (or opinion ?) about of the storyline, so far seemed all wrong.. the more i got hope that NJD couldn't be the bad guy, it seemed that what i hope might be just a wishfull thinking on me "big sighed" .. i remember on earlier eps around 4th eps i wrote that NJD couldn't be just the one who killed/sacrificed his own son like some comments have been mentioning, because i hope that it wouldn't be that "easy / standard" that the killer was the own father.. i guessed we'd find out sooner or the last minute at the end ? 

But now, when i read that KHJ revealation that she had feeling back then for KY as well but she backed off because of SH wow i felt new energy to continue watching again .. hahaa.. i turned direction just quick as at the speed of light LOL.. go KY just fight SH and MIL dan NJD and take KHJ in the end hahahaha... 

Did KY now knew that KHJ did have feeling on him ? Hope so to make the story more interesting.. if NJD wasn't the good husband .. and SH indeed wasn't a good wife (she left her husband 3 yrs and when she back home, there're no fire between she and KY.. unless, the writer hid it from us LOL  if you got my mean.. because haha) just let KHY and KY be happy without their  bad spouse.. eh ? 

But With only 4 eps left what could happen ? I guess i should learn to not get any hope on trolley here..  

• Like 5

Trolley: Episodes 11-12

by missvictrix

Trolley1112_1.jpg

Every time our couple faces their next hurdle, there’s just another, bigger one waiting. And this time it brings broken trust, which slowly starts to seep through their entire relationship. It’s shocking and suspenseful and tragic all at the same time, and then it’s all trumped with another huge reveal.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

Trolley1112_3.jpg

We pick up with Hye-joo facing a throng of reporters… but luckily it’s just a nightmare. However, as we follow her along this week, there’s a cadence of red flags around Joong-do that get a tad alarming. Do we trust him? Does his wife trust him? Should his wife trust him? Trolley has a lot of fun making us answer these questions as we go, changing our minds a hundred times per episode.

During her day, Hye-joo meets some of Joong-do’s staffers and is surprised that they said he drinks coffee; she knows that he never drinks it, but is soon proven wrong (red flag #1). Then, she learns that the staffers know all about her story, meaning Joong-do told them all already, without her knowledge (red flag #2). Next, in an unsettling moment in Joong-do’s office, Woo-jae disagrees with a coworker, saying that “a perfect secret does exist” (red flag #3).

Then, the worst of all: Hye-joo learns that there was a plan in place for Joong-do to go public with her story before that heart-wrenching scene in our last episode where she gave him her permission. To her credit, Hye-joo confronts him on this; to his credit, he admits it right away, claiming he did it to protect her. However true or logical his explanation might be, Hye-joo is deeply affected. She begins to feel like her story (read: lifelong trauma) has become a political tool for his career. We see a slow shift in their relationship, and it’s agonizing to watch it happen.

While Joong-do is busy apologizing to his wife for breaking the trust between them, more trouble is brewing. Oh boy, is it brewing. To start, Ki-young changes his mind about giving Joong-do the evidence against his mother-in-law and Assemblyman Kang. This effectively removes Joong-do’s bargaining chip, and he tells Hye-joo that they must get her story out there now. He’ll go on live TV, and she must be there to add the legitimacy and authenticity they need. Poor Hye-joo is broken over this, but I guess the one nice thing is that it leads to her telling her daughter her story, and they have a really nice moment of bonding. (Poor Yoon-seo is also going through all of this with her parents, though we only see her story tangentially.)

If Hye-joo thought going on live TV and having her deepest fears and traumas broadcast into every living room in the country was bad, she has no idea what’s coming next. And neither did I. Here, the drama holds back some information on us, all for the purpose of letting us navigate this shock with only the information our heroine has. And so, Hye-joo gets a sudden and shocking call from Joong-do. He is distraught. He says that Soo-bin contacted him, has medical records proving Ji-hoon assaulted her, and that she’s blackmailing him or will go public with this information.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/trolley-episodes-11-12/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5