[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

"Kim Hyun-joo X Park Hee-soon is not everything"... 'Trolley' Soo-bin → Seo Jeong-yeon, four hidden characters

30000810661_1280.jpg

In addition to Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, and Kim Moo-yeol, 'Trolley' foreshadowed hidden characters that must be noted.

On the 13th, SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley' (played by Ryu Bo-ri, directed by Kim Moon-gyo) raised expectations by predicting the appearance of Su-bin Su, Hyun-kyung Ryu, Tae-young Ki, and Jeong-yeon Seo, who will engage in a fierce character battle with their flawless acting skills and irreplaceable presence.

'Trolley' is a mystery dilemma melodrama that depicts the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived with her past hidden and the secret revealed to the world. It delicately and meticulously unravels the inner world of characters who experience confusion and conflict in front of an unanswered choice. Director Kim Moon-gyo, who participated in 'Stove League', 'Praise of Death' and 'Hong Chun-gi', directs the drama, and writer Ryu Bo-ri, who was well-received for 'Do you like Brahms?', is in charge of writing the drama, stimulating the anticipation of drama fans.

While Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, and Kim Moo-yeol and other 'trustworthy actors' have joined, the four main characters who are entangled in complicated narratives and subtle relationships with Kim Hye-joo (played by Kim Hyun-joo) are revealed and draw attention. The story of four people who are still covered in veils, from Kim Soo-bin (Jeong Soo-bin), who created a mysterious atmosphere in the previous teasers and posters, to Jin Seung-hee (Ryu Hyun-kyung), Choi Ki-young (Ki Tae-young), and Hyun Yeo-jin (Seo Jeong-yeon), amplifies curiosity.

https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010262403

• Like 2

Cheol-Hyung Lim confirmed to appear, passionately acting fatherly in ‘Trolley’

image_readtop_2022_1120787_1670914021527

Actor Lim Chul-hyung has confirmed his appearance in 'Trolley'. On the 13th, Lim Cheol-hyung's agency, Reed Entertainment, announced, "Lim Cheol-hyung will join SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley'."

"Trolley" (scriptwriter Ryu Bo-ri, director Kim Moon-gyo), which will be broadcast for the first time at 10 p.m. on the 19th, is a mystery dilemma melodrama that depicts the story of the secret of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived while hiding her past. Director Kim Moon-gyo, who participated in 'Stove League', 'Praise of Death' and 'Hong Chun-ki', and Ryu Bo-ri, who wrote 'Do you like Brahms?' are working together.

Actor Lim Cheol-hyung plays the role of Seung-gyu's father in the play. In this work, he played desperate fatherly love. Lim Chul-hyung, who expressed his love for his son extremely, excellently expressed fatherhood with overwhelming acting that explodes emotions in extreme situations.

Recently, he is showing passionate acting in various works such as 'Limit', 'Doctor Lawyer', 'Doberman Military Prosecutor', and 'Think of the Moon When Flowers Bloom'.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/12/1120787/

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Hyun Joo And Park Hee Soon Face A Dilemma Where There Is No Right Choice In “Trolley” Highlight Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 15, 2022
by S. Kim

SBS has dropped a fascinating four-minute highlight clip of its upcoming drama “Trolley”!

“Trolley” is a new mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Kim Hyun Joo will star as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), who chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife.

The clip begins as Kim Hye Joo narrates, “Was I not honest at that moment? Is that why I am being punished like this?” Artistic graphics follow afterwards, introducing the cast and key themes of the drama including the famous trolley dilemma. In the following clip, Hye Joo’s daughter Yoon Seo (Choi Myung Bin) asks her, “Mom, do you know what the trolley dilemma is?” and starts to explain the hypothetical problem in which one is given an option to cause the death of either one person who they love or five others by turning the wheel.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2022-12-15-18h16m44s311.jpg

The ordinary daily lives of Kim Hye Joo’s family turns upside down as Yoon Seo goes missing. At the police station, Kim Hye Joo begs her husband Nam Joong Do who is also a National Assembly member, “Let’s ask them for a little help. What are you going to do if something happens to Yoon Seo?” Soon, the case becomes known to the public, and Nam Joong Do gets attacked by the politicians from the other party who insists that he takes responsibility for the preferential treatment for his daughter’s missing case investigation by resigning.

vlcsnap-2022-12-15-18h18m05s711.jpg

The story takes another turn as a mysterious woman, whom Kim Hye Joo seems to be heavily indebted to, appears in front of her. Anticipation is high for the drama which will present a suspenseful story of people who struggle with confusion and conflicts in front of options that have no right answers.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558629wpp/watch-kim-hyun-joo-and-park-hee-soon-face-a-dilemma-where-there-is-no-right-choice-in-trolley-highlight-teaser

• Like 2

News bites: December 17, 2022

by tccolb

The official trailer is out for SBS’s Trolley, showcasing our story’s main players: Kim Hyun-joo (Hellbound), Park Hee-soon (A Model Family), and Kim Mu-yeol (Juvenile Justice) in addition to Jung Soo-bin (Revenge of Others) and Ryu Hyun-kyung (Cheer Up). The mystery-melodrama premieres this coming Monday on December 19. [Newsis]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/news-bites-december-17-2022/

Kim Hyun-joo·Park Hee-soon·Kim Moo-yeol, a meeting of acting actors... Drama 'Trolley'

AKR20221215139800005_01_i_P4.jpg

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Correspondent Kang Ae-ran = Actors such as Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, and Kim Moo-yeol came together in SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley'. The three attended the production presentation of 'Trolley' held online on the 15th and predicted the birth of a heavy drama drawn by characters in confusion.

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20221215139800005

26EWVYQNHY_1.jpg

26EWVYQNHY_3.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26EWVYQNHY

Spoiler

202212151451318692_d.jpg

202212151451318692_img_00.jpg

202212151451318692_img_01.jpg

202212151451318692_img_02.jpg

26EWVYQNHY_2.jpg

26EWVYQNHY_4.jpg

Kim Hyun-joo X Park Hee-soon "A misty mystery"... What is your choice in the 'trolley' dilemma?

On the afternoon of the 15th, an online production presentation was held for the SBS drama 'Trolley' (director Kim Moon-gyo, playwright Ryu Bo-ri). Actors Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, Kim Moo-yeol, Su-bin Jeong, and director Kim Moon-gyo attended the scene.

Kim Hyeon-joo, who plays the role of Kim Hye-joo, a book repairer and the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong-do, said, "I don't worry more than I thought when choosing a work. Or choose a work that has not been done before.”

In particular, he said, "The 'Trolley' script feels like reading a mysterious novel, and it feels like there's a lot of fog in it. I felt the desire to get through it. I was personally really curious about how the ending would turn out."

Compared to her previous roles in which she was just and strong, this time Kim Hye-joo is different. Kim Hyeon-joo said, "Until now, external appearances such as occupations have mainly played strong roles. On the other hand, Hye-joo is soft on the outside but strong on the inside. This is the point that I find attractive."

Regarding the meaning of the title 'Trolley', Director Kim said, "The title came from the dilemma theory. Trolley is the name of the tram. "The setting is that only one person will get hit by a tram if you go on the next track. It's a story about what choice to make at this time," he explained.

Park Hee-soon, who played the role of Nam Joong-do, a member of the National Assembly, emphasized, “You will feel a difference from his previous works in that he loves his family and shows a professional image.”

He continued, "I am a person who adheres to the middle path, neither left nor right," and introduced herself, "Our work is not politically colored. It could not have been burdensome, but I have the idea to tell our story without leaning in either direction." he said.

He also confessed, "There is an unfamiliar term in the play, so I spent a lot of time studying it. I think I memorized it like a student because of the large amount of dialogue. Previously, I used my body a lot, but this time I talk a little more."

Regarding Kim Hyeon-joo, whom he worked with together, Park Hee-soon said, "I've been a fan of Kim Hyeon-joo since 'Soup is awesome.' I went from beginning to end without a single conflict of opinion. I wondered if I would have been able to play this role to the end if Kim Hyun-joo hadn't done it."

Kim Hyun-joo also said, "Park Hee-soon has mainly played strong and heavy roles. But in our works, he also shows a lot of soft melodrama. 'Why haven't you played roles like this until now?' I feel like I want to," she said.

Kim Moo-yeol, who transformed into the role of Jang Woo-jae, the chief aide of Namjung-do, a member of the National Assembly, is returning to a terrestrial drama after four years. He said, “Among the so-called three broadcasting stations, SBS is the only one that has done a series together. He did 'Iljimae' and 'My wife is back', and at that time he received help and learned about the mechanics of TV dramas. SBS is like an alma mater, so there is a sense of intimacy.”

Meanwhile, 'Trolley', which will be broadcast for the first time at 10:00 pm on the 19th, is a mystery dilemma melodrama about the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived while hiding her past.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26EWVYQNHY

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0117_202212151451318692

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Trolley, 트롤리- Kim Hyun Joo & Park Hee Soon-Mon&Tue @22:00 KST

Premiere Watch: Trolley, Missing: The Other Side 2

by missvictrix

PW_12182022.jpg

Monday-Tuesday slot, here we come! We have two new dramas premiering in our early-in-the-week slots, with more coming later in the week, but right now it’s all about mysteries — whether they’re about missing souls or secrets pasts.

Trolley

trolley_pc.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: SBS
Genre: Mystery, thriller, romance, melodrama
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: The promos for this drama have been gorgeous and mature and mysterious, and I’m really looking forward to this one. I love a story about older adults, and with Kim Hyun-joo and Park Hee-soon playing our married couple that’s about to go through hell and high water — well, what’s not to love? The drama appears to be straddling multiple genres, but it certainly looks like the relationship between our leads will be at the center. And with the writer of Do You Like Brahms behind the script, I’m quite sure this drama will have the emotional depth and strain that the story is begging for.

TL;DR: Park Hee-soon Park Hee-soon Park Hee-soon Park Hee-soon Park Hee-soon

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/premiere-watch-trolley-missing-the-other-side-2/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Actor Kim Soo-oh brings vitality to 'Trolley'.

NISI20221219_0001156226_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Kim Soo-oh plays the younger of member of the National Assembly 'Nam Jung-do' (Park Hee-soon) in the SBS TV Monday-Tuesday drama Trolley, which will be broadcasted at 10:00 pm on the 19th. He plans to work with Jung Yi-joo, who plays the young role of 'Kim Hye-joo' (Kim Hyun-joo), the midwife. Kim Soo-oh said, "It's an honor to play the younger Park Hee-soon," and added, "I did my best not to break her immersion."

This drama tells the story of Hye-joo, the wife of a member of the National Assembly who lived a quiet life hiding her past, until the secret is revealed to the world.

https://mobile.newsis.com/view.html?ar_id=NISX20221219_0002127384

• Like 2

Cho Hyun-ah sings 'Falling Down' in the 'Trolley' OST... release today

optimize

The first OST of the drama 'Trolley', sung by Urban Zakapa Cho Hyun-ah, 'Falling down' will be released.

The first OST of SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Trolley', 'Cho Hyun-ah (Urban Zakapa) - Falling Down' will be released at 6pm on the 19th. 'Trolley' is a mystery dilemma melodrama depicting the story of a member of the National Assembly member's wife who lived with her past hidden and the secret revealed to the world. Actors Kim Hyun-joo, Park Hee-soon, Kim Moo-yeol, Su-bin Jeong, Ryu Hyun-kyung, and Ki Tae-young will appear.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4898626

• Like 3

Hello everyone.. have you all watch 1st eps last night? I've watched it soon after it's available on netflix. And i like it very much.. more mature drama with my fave actress KHJ since my younger days and my newfound fave actor PHS (can't get enough of him because of my name). And the story is also intriguing and caught me off guard already..

Spoiler

I'd rewatch since something is amiss did i read it correct or not, i thought i read from the subtitle question about nam ji hoon real mother is dead? Better to watch again to understand the story more. 

I hope that more people will also watch this drama and we can share our enthusiasm together

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Trolley” And “Missing: The Other Side 2” Premiere To Promising Ratings

Cheer Up” and “Behind Every Star” concluded last week, but two new competitors have joined the fierce Monday-Tuesday drama ratings battle!

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of SBS’s new drama “Trolley” that aired on December 19 garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.6 percent, tying as the most-watched Monday-Tuesday drama along with “Curtain Call” that night.

“Trolley” is a mystery romance drama about a politician’s wife who faces the biggest dilemma of her life after a secret she’s been hiding is unexpectedly revealed. Kim Hyun Joo stars as Kim Hye Joo, the wife of National Assembly member Nam Joong Do (Park Hee Soon), who chooses to stay out of the public eye instead of being active as a politician’s wife.

“Trolley” And “Missing: The Other Side 2” Premiere To Promising Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah the first episode was wow omg.

Totally agree with you, because it's really unexpected , right ? 

Spoiler

I've rewatched it and definetely i'm not wrong, kim hye joo isn't nam joong do 1st wife .. totally unexpected since the beginning we'd seen from the trailer, nam joong do is seen as totally adore and smitten with his wife 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Li22.55 said:

Totally agree with you, because it's really unexpected , right ? 

Reveal hidden contents

I've rewatched it and definetely i'm not wrong, kim hye joo isn't nam joong do 1st wife .. totally unexpected since the beginning we'd seen from the trailer, nam joong do is seen as totally adore and smitten with his wife 

Yes it was nod.

Spoiler

Omg yeah that too like twist eh.

Loved the first ep.

Questions raised

- Kim HyeJoo was from a small town Chung Cheong?  She doesn’t like to be reminded she’s from there. The auntie that stays with her says she had a rough childhood.  Is that really the reason?  Does she have a secret to hide?  Is this why she wants to keep a low profile?  And hide her identity as an Assembly man’s wife?  She didn’t even want to sign her name in the guest book at the old lady’s grand-daughter’s funeral?  This old lady has her shop near Taeyang Apartments.  Taeyang is mentioned a few times this ep so it’s likely to play a part in the plot line somehow.  NJD had to go to Taeyang Shopping Centre’s leader’s mother in law’s funeral wake.  And this leader showed up at JiHoon’s wake as well.

- 22yo son who died (this was a plot twist. :o The audience was led to believe it was her missing daughter who was the body in the bag) was the son of Nam JongDo’s first wife (who is deceased).  Did KHJ come into the picture after the death or was she a third party (his mistress) whilst the first wife was still alive?

Things of note

- when Nam JongDo is introduced, he was rallying against illegal real estate speculation by National Assembly members (who have an unfair advantage compared to normal citizens, they can make a lot of money on the side because they have insider info about developments).  I think this is probably going to be important as the story unfolds.

- NJD’s employees mention that he only had a mother who has passed away and no other family members (no siblings).  They were relieved that he didn’t have family members who could cause scandals and ruin his chances for election.  I am not sure why they didn’t mention JiHoon?  He caused a scandal in the previous election?  

- Nam JongDo is ambitious.  He doesn’t just want to stay where he is.  He has his sights set on the Blue House.  With these ambitions, any “scandal” within the family could potentially derail his route to the top job.  His son JiHoon had already caused problems for him in the last election.  He was recently released from prison and seems to be falling back into his wayward ways again.  This scandal is a blow again for NJD.  It’s reported in the news about the drugs and burner phone found in JiHoon’s possession.

- KHJ is altruistic.  She worked part time as a social worker and it’s easy to see that she has a kind heart.

- pregnant girlfriend of JiHoon?  JiHoon was released from prison only 15days ago?  And she shows up at the door of the house 2 weeks after his death.  If she’s pregnant, she’s very early pregnant.  She’s another “scandal” waiting to break and will be viewed as an impediment to NJD’s political aspirations.  
- the drama presents us with an ethical question with the “Trolley problem” (source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem)

The most basic version of the dilemma, known as "Bystander at the Switch" or "Switch", goes:

There is a runaway troller barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is one person on the side track. You have two (and only two) options:

1. Do nothing, in which case the trolley will kill the five people on the main track.
  2. Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person.

Which is the more ethical option? Or, more simply: What is the right thing to do?

If that is the premise of the drama, I imagine our lead characters would be faced with conundrums as the drama unfolds with difficult ethical decisions to make.

I like how seamlessly we are provided all these bits of information as the story unfolds.  

• Like 3

@nrlleewow u are very detailed even though it's only from the 1st eps.. and through last night 2nd eps, some of your note is further untold.. eps 2 i think is also a wow wow for me.. and now the long waiting begin for each week until next yr LOL.. and about the girlfriend she was lying about her phone and her attitude just made me want to strangle her just like yoonseo (but again only KHJ seemed to have pity on her, she's very softhearted?) And then what caught offguard KHJ question to her husband "how do you know yoonseo is yours" omg.. something is fishy about the 1st wife ? The finale eps 2 then the big dilemma is starting .. really enjoying this drama here 

1 hour ago, Li22.55 said:

@nrlleewow u are very detailed even though it's only from the 1st eps.. and through last night 2nd eps, some of your note is further untold.. eps 2 i think is also a wow wow for me.. and now the long waiting begin for each week until next yr LOL.. and about the girlfriend she was lying about her phone and her attitude just made me want to strangle her just like yoonseo (but again only KHJ seemed to have pity on her, she's very softhearted?) And then what caught offguard KHJ question to her husband "how do you know yoonseo is yours" omg.. something is fishy about the 1st wife ? The finale eps 2 then the big dilemma is starting .. really enjoying this drama here 

Yes to ep2.  Do you trust the gf?  Why would she hide the phone from them?  Showing them the phone and pics of her and JH would validate her statement?  Unless she has no photos of JH?  I get the feeling the baby may not be his.  And she’s capitalized on the events.  Problem is, when the baby is born, a simple DNA test would be able to rule that in or out.  She’s skating on thin ice if she’s lying about the father of the baby.  I was wondering about KHJ’s question as well.  Was she in a relationship with NJD and she was raped?  Which is why she posed that question because the father of YS is in question?  I am still unsure about NJD.  Do we trust him?  He sounds too good to be true?  So far he’s not put a foot wrong.  He is rational and level headed in times of great pressure.  He is showing all the hallmarks of a great leader.  But that one scene with the Assembly Woman Boss where he hinted at his ambition gives me pause.  He had a glint in his eye that made me wonder how far he would go to achieve his goal.  He’s capitalized on the scenarios thrown at him so far.  Not unlike the gf.  

Is the first wife really dead?  Or is it a lie they spun to make life easier?  

Other things we find out and things that popped out for me

- KHJ is an orphan?  Probably why she took the gf in.  Because her story matched hers.  Is it too much of a coincidence though?  The gf is just giving me all the red flags.  She doesn’t behave like someone who is cornered and unsure about what to do?  She fights back and doesn’t seem to care about the baby?  She was nonchalant about aborting it?  Her relationship with JH is also questionable.  They’ve only been together for 2 weeks max.  
- JH did not take drugs (not yet anyway).  Even his gf was shocked about the drugs.  She didn’t believe he would do that.  He was seen to buy the drugs/pick it up.  But no drugs were in his system.  He didn’t seem drunk when he went to pick up the drugs at a restroom by the Han River.  He was wearing the red jacket.  There’s a timestamp on the CCTV vision we are given

20220822 01:10.  Did he go to drink at Gangnam after the drug pick up?  He was seen to be drinking heavily a few hours prior to his death?  It’s a bit strange to pick the drugs up by the Han River, then go to Gangnam and drink and then return to the Han River where he’s purported to have slipped and drowned?  There was a lot of alcohol in his system according to the autopsy report so he was definitely inebriated.  His real phone was last used 4.5km upstream from his body and is turned off.  It’s not on him?  Why?  Is the phone that the gf has on her his?  Or hers?   JH’s death raises a lot of red flags for me.  It seems rather convenient?  Was it really an accident?  
- NJD’s male secretary.  He is meticulous.  Makes sure he doesn’t even show up on CCTV to be littering (his cigarette butt).  He is also extremely loyal to NJD and seems willing to do anything for the sake of the campaign?  He knows the lay of the land and spins stories to benefit their campaign.  How far would he go?  

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Curtain Call” Remains No. 1 As “Missing: The Other Side 2” Earns Its Highest Ratings Yet

SBS’s new drama “Trolley,” which premiered the same night as “Missing: The Other Side 2,” achieved an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent for episode 2, seeing a small dip from its premiere episode’s rating of 4.6 percent.

“Curtain Call” Remains No. 1 As “Missing: The Other Side 2” Earns Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 2