[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

8 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I think it is a culmination of a lot of other issues in his life.

Yes, that too but from what I see he is a choleric man. :D

I know it is a hard situation but I hope Yeong-Ju will have the baby. I understand why she decided to get an abortion but I also want their family to know about it. I think a baby will make In-Gwon and Ho-Sik reevalate their grudge. We`ll see how this story is going to end. I like Yeong-Ju and Hyeon together and I was so happy that he arrived in time to be there for Yeong Ju. 

• Like 7

The next chapter is very sad for the father. when he learned the truth that his children make mistakes in life The father's intentions were for the children to have a good future. His heart was broken when he learned the truth.:bawling: 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

once went to the diver's school on jeju while on a hallyu tour.  the ladies don't carry any assisted breathing equipment (aka oxygen tanks).  thus their breathing and diving skills are amazing. if they miscalculate or stay under water too long, they have a hard time returning to the surface. that's why it is understandable why the older ladies got so angry. she could have died underneath. 

• Like 8

Now that the teen couple decided to keep their baby, they now need to face their dads ; who both need to suck it up & grow the heck up! I swear Eun Hee keep popping up everywhere LoL.

Dong Seok has such a violent temper. When that drunk jerk mentioned he could "see" Seon Ah's "underwear" I was like "dude how?!". The woman has on leggings (facepalm) Men sigh. I hope she's alright though and that things work out for her with Dong Seok. They have a lot of unresolved tension there..

Not surprised that she's divorced as her hubs literally berate her in front of their child. He was insensitive as well and cruel to Seon Ah. Dealing with depression is not fun. 

I remember Min Ah looking thicker on 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha'. Here she look thinner.. I really dislike that ol'hag haenyeo who keep attacking Yeon Ok. She must be so bitter with her boring life to take out her pettiness on Yeon Ok.

• Like 10

This drama is so underrated among international fans but I guess not everyone likes dramas where characters are so real it feels like they’re real people living on Jeju Island and where actors don’t flash the latest fashion. The writing is exceptional and the acting is beyond phenomenal.

Just watching the legends like Kim Hye Ja, Lee Jung Eun and Lee Byung Hun in one drama gives me chills. 

Just wondering… who do you think is the mystery person that keeps texting Young Ok? I really hope it’s not her secret husband who’s locked up in some mental institution…

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Now that the teen couple decided to keep their baby, they now need to face their dads ; who both need to suck it up & grow the heck up! I swear Eun Hee keep popping up everywhere LoL.

Dong Seok has such a violent temper. When that drunk jerk mentioned he could "see" Seon Ah's "underwear" I was like "dude how?!". The woman has on leggings (facepalm) Men sigh. I hope she's alright though and that things work out for her with Dong Seok. They have a lot of unresolved tension there..

Not surprised that she's divorced as her hubs literally berate her in front of their child. He was insensitive as well and cruel to Seon Ah. Dealing with depression is not fun. 

I remember Min Ah looking thicker on 'Hometown Cha Cha Cha'. Here she look thinner.. I really dislike that ol'hag haenyeo who keep attacking Yeon Ok. She must be so bitter with her boring life to take out her pettiness on Yeon Ok.

The next 2 episodes will feature the 2 quarelling dads. They will show for sure why the 2 who are best friends before to mortal enemies now. What more if they will learn they will be inlaws lol. This will be war.

The haenyeo you are referring to hates yeong ok because she has a daughter she wants the ship captain to date. She even mentioned that if yeong ok is not around, her daughter should be dating the ship captain lol.

• Like 9

'Our Blues' Lee Byung-hun reunite with Shin Min-ah, who left after hurting twice, 'Shock'

GLKNWQXEICBG6B4ZONC57IELJU.jpg

'Our Blues' Lee Byung-hun and Shin Min-ah met again in Jeju Island after 7 years. Shin Min-ah, who came to Jeju Island due to depression, fell into the sea, adding to the tension.

In the episode 6 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah', the 6th episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Our Blues' (played by Noh Hee-kyung / directed by Kim Gyu-tae, Kim Yang-hee, and Lee Jung-mook), which was broadcast on the afternoon of the 24th, the figure of Min Seon-ah (Shin Min-ah), who came to Jeju after divorce from her husband, was drawn. He wants to turn away from Min-seon Ah, but Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun), who continues to care about her, raised curiosity and anticipation about the relationship they will build again.

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company, the 6th episode of 'Our Blues' recorded an average rating of 7.9% in the metropolitan area (based on cable/IPTV/satellite integrated paid platforms), the highest 9.1%, the national average of 7.7%, and the highest 8.8%, respectively. The tvN target male and female 2049 viewership ratings averaged 4.2% in the metropolitan area, 5.0%, the national average 4.2%, and the highest 5.1%, respectively.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/04/25/7TCK47QFRLXPGOPJDA6J2IO5XE/

• Like 6

9 hours ago, aisling said:

This drama is so underrated among international fans but I guess not everyone likes dramas where characters are so real it feels like they’re real people living on Jeju Island and where actors don’t flash the latest fashion. The writing is exceptional and the acting is beyond phenomenal.

Just watching the legends like Kim Hye Ja, Lee Jung Eun and Lee Byung Hun in one drama gives me chills. 

Just wondering… who do you think is the mystery person that keeps texting Young Ok? I really hope it’s not her secret husband who’s locked up in some mental institution…

Nhk's dramas are not for everyone as mostly it tackles heavy issues and is not very easy to watch. I am not surprised that it is an underrated drama. Especially now when people only want to watch light and funny dramas to ease the burden of everything. Also as the omnibus drama is new, a lot of patience is needed to watch as the story usually does not continue as we are used to.

I belive the one texting yeong ok is a family member. I don't know but maybe they are just playing with words reason why we are thinking it is one of her previous bf.

Seeing sma and kwb in one frame is just a bit awkward lol. When sma is at the edge, I told myself, there's kwb to save her hahaha

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

April 25, 2022

‘Our Blues’ young couple was hit at the first taste of the forbidden fruit.   Dong Suk was instantly furious when he received a phone call from his mother. (ep.5)

spacer.png

Young Joo (played by Noh Yoon Seo ) is really under a lot of pressure, but fortunately, she has a warm hearted boyfriend Jung Hyun (played by Bae Hyun Sung) who is always there for her.

When Dong Suk  received a call from his mother at work, he was so angry that he ran to her and told her not to contact her again unless it is to deal  with her funeral.  In fact, the mother had cancer, but she could not tell her angry son and she did plan to treat it.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Young Joo had not had her period for three months  and neither of them expected to have a baby even with contraception. Young Joo's long-cherished wish was to leave Jeju Island after entering university, so she insisted on getting rid of the baby. Because both of their parents are in broken marriages, Young Joo’s has a very pessimistic view of love.  Jung Hyun  thinks they can be different, but he still respects Young Joo’s opinion and only hopes to find a safer way.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-26_at_12.13.01_AM.png

Jung Hyun  gave Young Joo the tuition for the cram school and bought abortion pills online. However, after taking the medicine, Young Joo only felt abdominal pain and did not achieve her goal.  After going to a large hospital for examination, she found that she was 6 months pregnant and had placenta praevia. Young Joo believes that telling the parents will only make Jung Hyun get  beaten and her father devastated.  She decided it is best to let the child disappear quietly without letting anyone know.  Jung Hyun , consulted sites on the internet  but failed to get any useful advice.

Screenshot_2022-04-26_at_12.13.11_AM.png

Young Joo decided to go to the hospital alone for an induced abortion, not wanting Jung Hyun to show up and soften her heart.  After a sleepless night, Jung Hyun  rushed to the hospital the next morning to be with her. The doctor showed them the baby's vibrant appearance and let them listen to the sound of the baby's heartbeat.  Young  Joo , finally broke down and cried, “Jung Hyun,  I'm so scared! I don't want to hear the sound of the baby's heartbeat!"

spacer.png

PS. Watching these two sensible and helpless high school students is really heart-wrenching.  In addition, they live in a place where everyone knows each other and have big mouths.   Eun Hee's attitude towards Young Joo is a bit like disciplining her daughter, and one would wonder whether Young Joo would be willing to accept her care in the future.  Roh Yoon Seo, who plays Young Joo, is acting in a TV drama for the first time, and the performances of the two young actors are superb!

In the preview of the next episode, Young Joo and Jung Hyun were riding a bus home when Young Joo  had sudden abdominal pain. Sun Ah, who returned to Jeju is very happy to meet Dong Suk again, but the old people are not optimistic about Sun Ah.   Sun Ah  felt her body soaked in water again, and Dong Suk asked with concern and anger , "What kind of life did you live to become like that?”

Source:  https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/140973

• Like 8

I love how this show is tackling real issues and real dynamics. I could definitely feel Young Ju's desperation as she watched her dreams and her future fade away because of this unexpected pregnancy. And Hyun's heart for her, to stay by her side - he has a tender heart. It was hearbreaking to see his grief because she was going to abort his baby, too. :tears: The heartbeat scene was so powerful - the reality is it's a living child in there! And I was crying along with YJ as she expressed how scared she was :tears:. I'm so glad they chose to keep the baby. They won't regret it...they just have to figure out what the future holds for their child, whatever that looks like. I'm glad the pregnancy and their relationship will come into the light in the next episodes, so to speak. Everyone knows YJ and Hyun (which YJ hates) but once they get over the news, hopefully everyone will support them and their new baby like crazy.

I was shocked when the doctor said YJ was 22 weeks along. And she was still jogging around Jeju, too. When I was pregnant there was NO way I could jog at 22 weeks! :joy:

I wonder if the dads' feud has anything to do with Young Ju's mom running away? Sounds like the dads moved in next to each other because they were BFFs so the wives would have seen each other, too.

9 hours ago, richelle said:

Seeing sma and kwb in one frame is just a bit awkward lol. When sma is at the edge, I told myself, there's kwb to save her hahaha

Haha, I had that same thought. I had thought they wouldn't have any scenes together, and here they were at a distance. :)

On 4/24/2022 at 4:50 PM, larus said:

Yes, that too but from what I see he is a choleric man. :D

I've never seen him in anything else but his character here is so entertaining! The way he stomps around, changes his mind, helps Seon Ah grudgingly but can't stand seeing her in the cafe later...he's a colorful guy. Hope he gets a happy ending, especially including reconciling with his mom.

Do you guys think we'll see Cha Seung Won again in the show? Or does the fact that this series is in omnibus-style mean that we might not?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I've never seen him in anything else but his character here is so entertaining!

You never saw Lee Byung Hun before? I only saw him in Iris , Mr Sunshine and Squid game  but I read so much about him and his work  that I felt I saw him in so many other projects. :D He has some famous kmovies under his belt.

I also want Dong-Seok to reconcile with his mother before she dies.

11 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Do you guys think we'll see Cha Seung Won again in the show? Or does the fact that this series is in omnibus-style mean that we might not?

I think he won`t appear in the drama again because his story is finished. But I am hoping perhaps, in the end, he will appear a little.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, larus said:

You never saw Lee Byung Hun before? I only saw him in Iris , Mr Sunshine and Squid game  but I read so much about him and his work  that I felt I saw him in so many other projects. :D He has some famous kmovies under his belt.

Mr Sunshine is on my list but I hadn't gotten around to it yet :) . So I was even more interested in watching this one since he was going to be in it.

8 minutes ago, larus said:

I think he won`t appear in the drama again because his story is finished. But I am hoping perhaps, in the end, he will appear a little.

Agreed - that would be great, to see him again even if it's just for a bit.

• Like 8

A refreshing series that breaks the normal format of a drama.It had to be an idyllic quaint sea side town setting for the life stories to bloom one by one.The hardships,regrets,tears,yearning appear all encompassing and yet like the soothing sea breeze there is the scent of hope that lingers in the lives of the residents.Their desire to hold on to it and move on for something better.The bittersweet life depiction is growing on me.I am happy that I have few more weeks to enjoy the weekly slice of life postcard from Jeju island.

• Like 9

April 26, 2022

“Our Blues" Dong Suk is still angry with Sun Ah  after all these years, and the shocking ending makes everyone nervous! (ep.6)

spacer.png

The young couple made a major life decision! Kim Woo Bin and Shin Min Ah have finally appeared in the same scene.

Jung Hyun advised Young Joo to keep the baby and said he would try to take responsibility for it. On the way back, the bus was in trouble but the driver would not stop, so Young Joo shouted in a hurry, "There's a pregnant woman here!” ! When asked again by their classmates, the two finally admitted that they were dating, and their hands clasped tightly together.

spacer.png

Sun Ah lost her seven-year marriage and is very likely to lose her child to her ex-husband. Frustrated, she returned to her hometown of Jeju and reunited with her old acquaintance Dong Suk but Dong Suk was still angry with her. Dong Suk had different feelings for her since she was in high school. After a chance encounter in Seoul, they often hang out together and drove to the beach at night. When Dong Suk kissed her, she immediately said she wanted to draw a clear line with him.  Dong Suk was very angry: "Is someone like me not worthy of your love?”

spacer.png

Jung Joon confessed his love history to Young Ok ok and said that he didn not like people who hated Jeju. Young Ok happily sat beside him: “I like Jeju.” At this time, Eun Hee, Sun Ah, and Dong Suk came to the store one after another.  Sun Ah noticed that Dong Suk was still upset and took the initiative to leave.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Early in the morning, Sun Ah stood alone on the seawall, remembering her son words, "Mom is sick , so I can't play with me."  The feeling of her body being soaked and darkness engulfed her.  The Haenyeo who was about to go to sea exclaimed: "Someone jumped into the sea!" Jung Joon  sounded the siren to call for help from nearby ships.  Dong Suk, who was brushing his teeth, found that Sun Ah is missing from the seawall!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-25_at_6.20.44_PM.png

In the preview of the next episode, Young Joon and Jung Hyun told their parents about the pregnancy. Both fathers were in a frenzy, and they were determined not to give in to each other. Dong Suk pretended not to know Sun Ah but wanted to know why she jumped into the sea.  When it was windy at the beach, he helped her by covering her with a blanket.  One is a divorced woman who suffers from depression, and the other is a cranky but long-suffering bachelor with a good story, which makes people super curious how they will develop!

Spoiler

Source: https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/140990

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ videos in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 8

I think after both fathers calm down and resolve their old issue they will make wonderful grandpas! There’s a reason why the writer showed us how both of them are good fathers in their own ways. They’ll be sending off their smart kids to the university and will take care of their precious grandchild in a meanwhile. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I think after both fathers calm down and resolve their old issue they will make wonderful grandpas! There’s a reason why the writer showed us how both of them are good fathers in their own ways. They’ll be sending off their smart kids to the university and will take care of their precious grandchild in a meanwhile. 

That is what I am hoping for, that these two man will calm down and  resolve their old issue. Then be there for the young couple and their baby.

• Like 7

Our Blues: Episodes 5-6

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ourblues0506-00092.jpg

by lovepark

Life throws a curveball at our young lovers, and as they grapple with the reality of their situation, they need to make a decision about their future fast. Meanwhile, a familiar face returns to town, and her sudden appearance catches some people off guard. However, her mind is preoccupied with her own worries as she struggles with depression and the potential loss of someone dear.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP: YOUNG-JOO & HYUN; DONG-SUK & SUN-A

Putting the adults’ stories on hold for a moment, the show shifts focus to the Romeo and Juliet-esque teenagers, Young-joo and Hyun. Young-joo is a smart kid who feels trapped by her surroundings. The ocean is a constant reminder of dead ends, and her small town feels stifling with the same gossip, jokes, and faces.

The people she cares about can be counted on one hand, and among the rare few is Hyun. She deems him as the only exciting thing around, but she realizes that her excitement went a little “too far” — she’s pregnant.

Young-joo’s goal in life is to leave Jeju, but her unexpected pregnancy derails all her dreams. With no one to turn to for guidance, the options for Young-joo are limited, and the medical professionals she meets are callous and dismissive. They only view her as another reckless teenager, and it feels like no matter what Young-joo chooses, she will be shamed for her decision.

Though Hyun tries to support Young-joo through this ordeal, she shuts him out. Seeing her parents’ marriage fall apart has taught her that love does not exist, and she believes her relationship with Hyun will be the same.

Despite her attempts to keep him at a distance, Hyun understands that Young-joo is scared and refuses to let her endure this alone. He chases after her to the hospital — unafraid of the rumors that might circulate about them — and his steadfast presence in her time of need finally convinces her to trust him.

Thus, when Hyun suggests raising the baby together, Young-joo takes a leap of faith and accepts his proposal. In spite of her fears, she decides to be a family with him, and a burden seems to lift from both their shoulders as they finally come to an agreement about their future.

However, their moment of happiness is tinged with a quiet discomfort as a sense of foreboding lingers in the air. As Young-joo lamented in the beginning of the episode, they live in a small town where everyone knows everything, and their secret has already been found out by a classmate and possibly Eun-hee. Once their dads get involved, things will get messier, and I’m worried for the young couple.

While I support Young-joo’s decision regardless of what she chooses, I wonder how much agency she really has in her current situation. Their story raises a lot of important questions, and I hope the show takes this narrative in an interesting and nuanced direction.

The other main pair this week is Sun-ah and Dong-suk. Recently divorced, Sun-ah continues to struggle with depression and finds herself amidst a custody battle for her son. In order to clear her head, she drives down to Jeju, and her path crosses with Dong-suk. The two of them share an odd history together, and while it is clear that Dong-suk used to like her, Sun-ah’s feelings are bit opaque.

In the past, when both of them lived in Seoul, they happened to meet each other and rekindled their friendship. However, when Dong-suk revealed his feelings by kissing her, Sun-ah recoiled. He took the rejection poorly, and his behavior immediately turned hostile and accusatory.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/our-blues-episodes-5-6/

• Like 6

ab50754a662244498dfc1e4596e477cb28690b84.gifv
ac3655591c81c9bed57fde442f217eaf76300761.gifv4fa09aa225e123f57bc2c51f2d833e1f979cc292.gifv

Spoiler

cff1cb451b0e66fa349ea9d7a91304498b6e85af.gifv

"Sometimes, when I feel suffocated living on this Island, I run all the way here. Because this is the very end of Jeju. Jeju is surrounded by the sea. I'm given no other choice but to stop once I realize that this is the farthest I can go" - #OurBluesEp5

• Like 7