[Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스

larus

Lee Jung Eun Is More Than Thrilled To Run Into Her First Love Cha Seung Won In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 8, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Our Blues” shared a new preview of Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun!

“Our Blues” is a new omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun, the star-studded cast includes Lee Byung HunShin Min AhKim Woo BinHan Ji MinKim Hye JaUhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Lee Jung Eun will be starring in the drama as Jung Eun Hee, a fish shop owner who is unexpectedly reunited with her first love after 30 years. Cha Seung Won will star as bank manager Choi Han Soo, who returns to his hometown of Jeju after years of city life.

The newly released stills depict Jung Eun Hee and Choi Han Soo’s unexpected reunion on a busy road that is filled with cars. Jung Eun Hee recognizes her first love from a distance and happily greets him. However, Choi Han Soo is awkward, and he looks more puzzled than excited.

Our-Blues2.jpg

It will be intriguing to find out how Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee remember each other after all these years. The two adults will take a trip down memory lane, and fans can anticipate the way they will escape their tiring life as they look back on the days of their youth.

The production team shared, “Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun are actually friends who are of the same age, and their ‘genuine chemistry’ will shine. Please look forward to the gift-like meeting between Han Soo, a father who lives with the burden of being the head of a family, and Eun Hee, who has no time to wash off the fishy smell [from her job] because of the responsibility of her family’s livelihood.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521148wpp/lee-jung-eun-is-more-than-thrilled-to-run-into-her-first-love-cha-seung-won-in-our-blues

• Like 5

Lee Byung-hun:  "I thought it was my role as a tall and good basketball character" Laughs 'Our Blues'

spacer.png

Lee Byung-hun showed off his wit by introducing the filming episodes and characters of 'Our Blues'.

On April 7th, at 2 pm, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Our Blues' production presentation was held online.

Lee Byung-hun, who played the role of Lee Dong-seok, a Jeju-born truck driver, in "Our Blues," released a memorable episode during filming. Lee Byung-hun said, "I filmed with Kim Hye Ja  and Go Doo Shim sim several times, and when it was mealtime, Go Doo Sim introduced me to the restaurant because she was from Jeju." "The three of us had a meal together a few times. Whenever that happened, they told me about when they filmed before.  It was so much fun and it felt like watching a movie. I had a warm experience."

Lee Byung Hun also told the story of misunderstanding because he did not know his character when he first received the script.  Lee ByungHun said, "Long before the shooting, the writer gave me the script little by little like three books at first and two books afterwards," adding, "I read it little by little every time the script came out, but I didn't know the name of the character. The main character is different in one episode because it is omnibus.  At first, the story of Choi Han Soo (played by Cha Seung Won) comes out, and as I read it like a habit, I thought my character was Han Soo."

"I've been reading up to two books for hours, and I love this character. "It's fun. I should act with this kind of emotion." I watched it at the end of the second book, and I heard that he was really good at basketball and tall, so he dunked and was the tallest in school. He explained, "I was sure that this was me," making the scene a laughing sea.

Lee Byung Hun, who belatedly learned that his character was not Choi Han Soo, said, "After reading the script more, 'I'm Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo-bin). "You're the captain." Then Jung In Kwon (Park Ji Hwan) came out.

I thought, ‘I’m fighting for a while, so this is me’, but I didn’t show up.  When I read about five to seven books, I said that my character was Dongseok.   I erased everything in my head and saw Dongseok.”

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" by Noh Hee Kyung is a drama about cheering for all life at the end, peak, and beginning of life against the backdrop of warm and lively Jeju, cold and rough seas, on April 9. 

The first episode will air at 9:10.

Source: https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202204071603242510 

• Like 5

“Our Blues” Cast Shares Reasons For Joining The Drama, Message They Want To Convey, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Apr 8, 2022
by S. Cho

On April 7, “Our Blues” held an online press conference where its star-studded cast spoke about the new drama!

tvN’s “Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. At the press conference were cast members Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Uhm Jung Hwa, director Kim Kyu Tae, and writer Noh Hee Kyung. The cast also includes Go Doo Shim, Kim Hye Ja, Park Ji Hwan, Choi Young Joon, Bae Hyun Sung, and Noh Yeon Seo.

Spoiler

Our-Blues-21.jpeg

On choosing to make an omnibus-style drama, writer Noh Hee Kyung explained, “I was getting tired of stories with one male and one female lead. We’re the main characters of our own lives, so while wondering whether we had to only follow the lives of two people, I chose the omnibus-style.”

In “Our Blues,” Lee Byung Hun plays Lee Dong Suk, while Shin Min Ah plays his love interest Min Sun Ah. The two previously worked together in the 2001 drama “Beautiful Days” and the 2005 film “A Bittersweet Life,” where they play lovers. Lee Byung Hun shared that as he only remembered Shin Min Ah’s cute and innocent image, he was surprised to see the depth of her acting this time, adding that their chemistry was great.

Shin Min Ah’s role as Min Sun Ah is the actress’s first portrayal of a mother. She commented, “Rather than feel pressured by the fact that she’s a mom, I thought that the transformation of Sun Ah’s emotions and the process of overcoming that would be difficult. Weirdly enough, I understood how Sun Ah felt. I felt hurt. [I thought] It’d be fun to express her emotional wounds and her will to overcome them. I related to Sun Ah’s emotions and charms.”

Shin-Min-Ah-Lee-Byung-Hun.jpeg

Regarding his choice to star in the drama, Cha Seung Won shared, “There was no reason not to. I couldn’t believe it when they said Lee Byung Hun was doing [the drama]. There was mental satisfaction in just being able to work together.”

Cha Seung Won plays the role of Choi Han Soo, a “wild-goose dad” with a daughter. The term “wild-goose dad” is used in Korea to refer to fathers who stay behind in Korea to work while their family lives abroad.

The actor continued, “From the perspective of someone who is also raising kids, I could relate and there was an overlap in our emotions. Instead of [thinking] ‘I have to do this,’ I like just doing it. This jewel-like script really encompasses the acting. I liked that aspect.”

Cha-Seung-Won-Lee-Jung-Eun-1.jpeg

“Our Blues” is Han Ji Min’s second project with writer Noh Hee Kyung and her first in the role of a haenyeo, a female diver that harvests sea life for a living. She commented, “[My character] Lee Young Ok is unstoppable, to the point where I think she’s selfish. She also has a rude side. She has a lot of inner issues that aren’t seen from the outside.”

Han Ji Min said that the idea of acting as a haenyeo sounded fun to her and added, “Even putting on the haenyeo suit requires two to three people. Since we were filming on a boat, I couldn’t even drink a cup of water. There was also fear about filming in the ocean. After filming, I came to respect haenyeos. I’ve shown an image that I haven’t yet showcased before. Now that we’ve completed the project, I’m looking forward to it.”

Regarding his first drama in six years, Kim Woo Bin shared that he was nervous, but happy and thankful to greet viewers for the first time in awhile with a new project. Kim Woo Bin plays warm-hearted ship captain Park Jung Joon, of which he commented, “I tried to understand Jung Joon’s emotions exactly as they were written by the writer. I went to Jeju Island early to meet the captain, follow haenyeos, and learn how to fillet fish. I tried to understand Jung Joon. I already felt so happy to be able to work with [acting] seniors that I respect.”

Spoiler

Kim-Woo-Bin-Han-Ji-Min.jpeg

This is also the first project that real-life couple Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin will be appearing in together, although they will have different love interests. Writer No Hee Kyung explained this decision, sharing, “If I put them together, I thought that they would say they wouldn’t do it. I said that I wanted them to do it with the understanding that they had different love lines. Thankfully, they said it was okay. They’re doing it because they’re good actors. I didn’t have other worries.”

Uhm Jung Hwa talked about starring in a drama with veteran actresses Kim Hye Ja and Go Doo Shim, saying, “I’ve never worked with Kim Hye Ja or Go Doo Shim in a project. I nervously went [to film], feeling like I had gone back to being a rookie. While preparing to film with these two people in front of me, I thought that it was really great. I thought, ‘A day like this comes because I’ve endured for so long.’ I was shocked when Kim Hye Ja suddenly said, ‘Because we’ve been [acting] for so long, we’re seeing Uhm Jung Hwa.’ When I think about that, I gain strength.”

Spoiler

Lee-Jung-Eun-Uhm-Jung-Hwa.jpeg

Writer Noh Hee Kyung explained that she wanted to convey a message of hope through “Our Blues.” “Blues are songs that people in pain sing to no longer feel pain,” she shared. “I hope it’s like a festival. Although there are scars, I hope it’s as enjoyable as a festival.”

For the drama’s focal point, Noh Hee Kyung chose the acting. Director Kim Kyu Tae added, “While watching the drama, you will be able to see and discover the ‘you’ that wants to become happier. I hope this lasts as a warm and happy drama.”

“Our Blues” will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521225wpp/our-blues-cast-shares-reasons-for-joining-the-drama-message-they-want-to-convey-and-more

• Like 7

Premiere Watch: Again My Life, My Liberation Notes, Our Blues

by missvictrix

Snap your fingers and suddenly the weekend slot is full of new dramas! Our three premieres this weekend each bring something different to the table, but not gonna lie, all of them seem worth checking out. Whether it’s for the writer or the cast or the PD, I’m definitely all ears eyes.

Our Blues

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Drama, slice-of-life, family
Episode count: 20

Reasons to watch: I don’t know what’s more overwhelming about this omnibus drama: the episode count or the impressive ensemble cast (uh, Lee Byung-heon, Shin Mina, Cha Seung-won, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Jung-eun and Uhm Jung-hwa). Either way, it looks like we’re in for quite a drama. The promo materials have set a rather serious tone for the show, but I’m hoping there will be equal doses of heart-warming moments and romance. God knows the cast is good enough to pull off all of these things, so I’ll be looking forward to what writer Noh Hee-kyung has planned.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/premiere-watch-again-my-life-my-liberation-notes-our-blues/

• Like 5

April 9, 2022.

spacer.png

“Our Blues” Gives Sneak Peek Of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, And Lee Jung Eun As Residents Of Jeju IslandKorean series ‘Our Blues’ To Premiere On April 9, Meet The Cast Of Series

Drama Preview by L. Kim 

tvN’s new weekend drama “Our Blues” has unveiled new stills ahead of its premiere!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The drama includes the love stories of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah), Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), and more.

“Our Blues” did more than 80 percent of its filming on Jeju, capturing the island’s realistic appearance. Not only will the drama show the beautiful scenery of Jeju that embraces the blue sea, but it will also give a detailed look at Jeju’s traditional market, which is the main setting.

Before its upcoming premiere, the drama released new stills of the characters in their everyday lives at Jeju Island. The main characters live together in the village of Pooreung, and most of them make a living by working at the markets.

One photo shows Lee Dong Suk, who runs a truck that sells all kinds of useful items, getting ready to start the day. Fish shop owner Jung Eun Hee and ship captain Park Jung Joon exude charisma at the auction. Then there’s Lee Young Ok, a rookie haenyeo (female diver that harvests sea life for a living), waving with a radiant smile on her face.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

The production team amped up anticipation for the premiere, saying, “The images of people living in Jeju will be vividly and realistically portrayed. All four actors went through the process of immersing themselves in their characters. Lee Byung Hyun and Lee Jung Eun made an effort to learn the Jeju dialect, and Han Ji Min and Kim Woo Bin met with real haenyeos and ship captains.”

“Our Blues” will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1521305wpp/our-blues-gives-sneak-peek-of-lee-byung-hun-kim-woo-bin-han-ji-min-and-lee-jung-eun-as-residents-of-jeju-island

• Like 7

Our Blues' first broadcast on the 9th, spectating point

202204090945470549_l.jpg

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Our Blues' will be broadcasted for the first time at 9:10 pm on the 9th. 'Our Blues' is an omnibus drama that tells the story of various people's lives in the background of warm and lively Jeju and the cold and rough sea. Even before the broadcast, anticipation of the greatest synergy of 'writer + director + actor' is being anticipated. Before the long-awaited first broadcast, we pointed out the observation points.

#'Omnibus Drama' that writer Noh Hee-kyung X director Kim Gyu-tae tries anew

Writer Noh Hee-kyung and director Kim Gyu-tae, who created well-made dramas such as ‘Live’, ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love’ and ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, will present a new type of omnibus drama. There are 14 main characters, and the main characters are intertwined with family, friends, and neighbors, set in a Jeju village. They play an active role as the main character in their own episodes and appear as surrounding characters in other episodes.

Writer Noh Hee-kyung, who said, “Because we are all protagonists of life, I wanted to write everyone’s story,” captured the lives of all who stand at the beginning, the end, and the peak of life in eight main episodes. Director Kim Gyu-tae plans to enhance the immersion of viewers with delicate directing that focuses on the heart of the character while maintaining the characteristics of each episode.

#A unique sight to be conveyed through location shooting in Jeju

As the main stage of the drama is Jeju, more than 80% of 'Our Blues' was filmed on location in Jeju. The blue sea and snowy Mt. Halla, which were revealed through the preview video, as well as the people doing business at the Jeju oil field, robbed the attention.

The refreshing sights that open your eyes are expected to provide healing that can help you escape from the stuffy reality for a while. Here, Jeju oil fields filled with the smell of people are vividly captured, and it is expected to provide a unique attraction.

#How did these actors come together in one work? Acting ensemble of trusted actors

Actors Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Hye-ja, Ko Doo-shim, Uhm Jung-hwa, etc. Even the actors thought, “Will there be any other works where these actors will gather like this?”

They make up a story of disassembly as residents of Purreung Village in Jeju, workers in oil fields, or people who return to Jeju with a story. As for their acting skills, they are actors who can be trusted and seen, raising expectations about what kind of chemistry and synergy they will show in the drama.

Attention is also focused on the performances of actors who will be discovered through 'Our Blues', such as Park Ji-hwan, Choi Young-jun, Bae Hyun-seong, Noh Yun-seo, and child actor Kiso-yu, who have solid acting skills.

#“All of us who are alive are happy” A message of comfort and hope

Writer Noh Hee-kyung, who has been impressed with her works that leave a lasting impression, conveys her support for all of her life this time. The 14 main characters are not special people. They are ordinary people you can see around you. The way they grow up as they face their wounds and care for them will convey empathy and resonance. The various tastes of life, sour, sweet, bitter, and bitter, were put into the drama.

Writer Noh Hee-kyung said, “I don’t pay attention to wounds, but to hope. I want all living things to be happy.” She delivered the message she wanted to hear through her work, heralding a drama that would provide comfort and hope to viewers.

On the other hand, tvN's new Saturday drama 'Our Blues' is an omnibus drama, opening the first episode with an episode of 'Hansu and Eunhee' between Choi Hansoo (Cha Seungwon) and Jung Eunhee (Lee Jungeun), friends reunited after 20 years.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202204090941319308

I can`t wait to see this drama. I wanted to see such drama (with various cast and story of ordinary people) and i hope we`ll see more in the future.

• Like 7

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Our Blues, 우리들의 블루스-Shin Min Ah, Lee Byung Hun, Ha Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin-Saturday& Sunday @21:10 KST

First story from tvN OurBlues' villagers in Jeju has been opened last night & it recorded average rating of: Nationwide 7.3%, peaked at 8.5% Seoul 8.1%, peaked at 9.3% Our first story features LeeJungEun & her first love ChaSeungWon

6 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I hope he won't though. I'm loving it so far!

I hope he won't either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I hope he won't though. I'm loving it so far!

unfortunately I'm not so optimistic, the first episode showed that he would do anything for his daughter, although these reasons are selfish, it's not even as if she was going to die, even his wife is fed up , poor Eunhi, she seems very excited, I see some comments who think they will end up together, because the drama has 20 episodes and all kinds of stories

• Like 7

I didn’t realize they were going to focus on specific characters for each episode and it was refreshing.

I enjoyed it but I am not a fan of the con storyline - that HS will exploit EH for her money. I am gonna pray hard that this won’t THE focused because he seemed like a really good guy since his youth. But like @marrez1 I am not optimistic - but happy to be proven wrong - since also picked up that he is too obsessed with supporting his daughter at the expense of not even listening to his wife or her fears of them having no home or retirement and not able to take care of his mother etc. 

• Like 7

Lee Byung Hun Recalls Fond Memories Of Shin Min Ah In “Our Blues”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 10, 2022
by S. P

tvN’s new weekend drama “Our Blues” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The drama includes the love stories of Lee Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Min Sun Ah (Shin Min Ah), Lee Young Ok (Han Ji Min) and Park Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), Choi Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Jung Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), and more.

Spoilers

The second episode will follow the story of Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee as they meet for the first time in 20 years and will also include a surprise appearance by Min Sun Ah as she begins a new episode with Lee Dong Suk.

In one set of new stills, Min Sun Ah and Lee Dong Suk spend time at the beach as the sun sets in the background, creating a warm pink hue around them. Of note is the wound on Lee Dong Suk’s face, which is drawing curiosity among viewers. The scene is said to be from seven years in their past, when Min Sun Ah left an unforgettable impression on him. As the atmosphere of the scene is so different from what viewers have seen of Lee Dong Suk’s dry life as a truck driver, they are left wondering what could have happened in his past to make him remember Min Sun Ah like this.

Shin-Min-Ah-Lee-Byung-Hun-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Shin-Min-Ah-Lee-Byung-Hun1.jpeg

Lee-Byung-Hun1.jpeg

Another set of stills shows Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee meeting at an alumni gathering. Choi Han Soo harbors feelings of jealousy for Jung Eun Hee, who succeeded at her business while he has had to take on loans to support his circumstances. However, he lets the weight of being the head of a family drop from his shoulders as he parties at a karaoke room with Jung Eun Hee and some of his old classmates.

Lee-Jung-Eun-Cha-Seung-Won.jpeg

Spoiler

Our-Blues-22.jpeg

After letting go of their burdens at the get-together, Choi Han Soo and Jung Eun Hee stand on a beach filled with old memories. While Choi Han Soo almost looks on the verge of tears, Jung Eun Hee is all smiles. Just as the memories flow into his mind like waves in the ocean, so too does the harsh reality of his life situation. It remains to be seen what each character could be thinking in this scene.

Spoiler

Cha-Seung-Won1.jpeg

Lee-Jung-Eun.jpeg

This episode of “Our Blues” airs on April 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521400wpp/lee-byung-hun-recalls-fond-memories-of-shin-min-ah-in-our-blues

• Like 7

“Our Blues” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than “Twenty Five, Twenty One” + “Again My Life” Rises For 2nd Episode

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 10, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s new drama “Our Blues” is off to a strong start!

“Our Blues” is an omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. The star-studded cast includes Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

According to Nielsen Korea, the new drama premiered to an average nationwide rating of 7.3 percent on April 9. Notably, the first episode of “Our Blues” earned higher viewership ratings than that of its hit predecessor “Twenty Five, Twenty One” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot), which premiered to a nationwide average of 6.4 percent in February. However, the premiere of “Our Blues” still fell short of the 11.5 percent rating achieved by last week’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” finale.

“Our Blues” also took first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521383wpp/our-blues-premieres-to-higher-ratings-than-twenty-five-twenty-one-again-my-life-rises-for-2nd-episode

• Like 7

I watched the first episode. It was like I expected. I liked it.

When I saw Cha Seung won in the promot I thought he will play a politician who wants votes. :w00t:  He is working at the bank. :) I found Choi Han-Su situation very sad. His wife is away in US for 7 years and both are stuggling to find money for their daughter tranining. Golf is an expensive game to learn (profesional level ) like tennis, ballroom dance or other sports. And I think at their daughter. The pressure she might feel knowing that her parents sacrificed so much for her to be better at this sport.

Back at Jeju. It was fascinating to watch their daily life. It is a hard life but I like how they spent it together. In other aspects is a simple life and healthier and brings connection to people. 

I smiled with Han su when he watched the scene from his balcony and said they (his old friends) did not changed.

He needs money and he founds out that Eun Hui has money. It will be hard but he will try to convince her to invest her money? I thought that teenage Han Su won`t embarrass Eun Hui about the kiss in front of everyone and he was a gentleman.

Another thing.... I knew that client will step on his big toe. In the last drama I saw Cha Seung Won, his character had problems with the feet. :sweatingbullets:

There were other characters that appeared but we`ll find out more about them in the upcoming episodes.

26 minutes ago, baconham said:

Does anyone know what is that song they play in episodes 1 and 2 - in episode 2, it's the opening song when they drive on the beach in the red car. It sound spanish?? I hear a lot of quando quando lol. Thanks!

I did not watch the second episode but I was curious if it is the song I had in mind and I checked(when you said quando quando... I knew. :)) It is a very well known old song (at least for the Europeans.) It is an Italian song but I think it has a Spanish version also.

The English version

Spoiler

• Like 6

The first episode was fun, breezy at times, and sad at times. I admired the older ladies who went to dive!

Seeing Jeju Island in a drama is a treat.

And Eun Hi is a spitfire! That was hilarious when her friend took his shirt off and you knew he was going to get into it with the driver of the red car.

I also hope Han Su doesn't end up trying to get money from Eun Hi. He's married now, too, but it sounds like the previews hinted there might be talk of a divorce for him? That would be too bad. Of course, being separated for 7 years can't be great for a marriage.

In some ways the show reminded me of Hometown Cha Cha Cha, and Shin Min Ah hasn't come onscreen yet. :D

• Like 7