[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

17 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@jennien You must be a lot more forgiving than me :lol: JK grew up feeling entitled to getting whatever she wanted. She has killed people and doesn't even feel a little guilty. She willingly traumatized the child she raised just to get what she wants. At this point she is just desperate and clinging to a life that never belonged to her. I can't even feel one drop of pity for her. You are clearly an angel :innocent:

hahaha, thanks. I don't know if I'm an angel or I'm just losing my mind.  I was fine all along and now I'm started to be annoyed by everybody else and somehow, I feel bad for JK.  God help me.  This drama doesn't seem like the same drama I watch 60 episodes ago.  I do agree the Olympics does do damaging to this drama.

the only saving grace I still cling onto this drama because I really really likes BSH and JM.  They do make an amazing pair. I can't deny that!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

The extension hurt this drama, but I think at the rate they were going, they needed an extension just not 30 episodes. 10 would have been enough. Unfortunately the Olympics right before the end really messed up the flow of the drama and when it came back it never really got back to where it was.

It seems like this is an unpopular opinion, but I like that JM is BokSoon's missing son. Once I found out that BSH was HR's kid I hoped JM was BokSoon's son. In daily drama world it makes sense. JM already had a connection to them. He is also the one who asks about the bottle and through him we are introduced to the missing kid. Daily dramas like coming full circle and having the person who introduced is to the missing child BE the missing child is 100% drama style. It made sense to me. Unless they planned on doing redemption by amnesia (ughhh just the thought enrages me) giving BokSoon a murderer for a daughter just didn't make sense (though it would have added a lot more spice to the whole situation).

I agree that the extension was not needed. The show could have been wrapped up in 120-130 episodes. The scheduling delay due to the Beijing Winter Olympics certainly caused the momentum to be lost. 

As for the JM-BS linkage; all along we all expected that the missing child was a daughter - and not a son. So, making JM become BS's soon is rather forced and is one weak point of the extension. 

JK's "death" and fake amnesia were another weak points that could have been cut without any significant effect on the main plot.

Well, just 2 more weeks to endure.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Newbie21SG said:

As for the JM-BS linkage; all along we all expected that the missing child was a daughter - and not a son. So, making JM become BS's soon is rather forced and is one weak point of the extension. 

I think this is where I got lucky. I didn't know if it was a son or a daughter. I watch it on MBC with Korean closed captioning first, and then with English subtitles after, so I knew the Korean never said it was a girl and wasn't stuck on that. While the show kept using visual cues that leaned toward JK being the child, karma rules say she shouldn't be, and my hatred of her refused to accept an ending with her happy :lol:

6 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I think this is where I got lucky. I didn't know if it was a son or a daughter. I watch it on MBC with Korean closed captioning first, and then with English subtitles after, so I knew the Korean never said it was a girl and wasn't stuck on that. While the show kept using visual cues that leaned toward JK being the child, karma rules say she shouldn't be, and my hatred of her refused to accept an ending with her happy :lol:

Indeed, it was our pre-conception that led us astray haha. While I personally like the kumbaya ending with regards to Jae Min being Bok Soon's son, it is the way the storyline was handled that annoyed me.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

It seems like this is an unpopular opinion, but I like that JM is BokSoon's missing son. Once I found out that BSH was HR's kid I hoped JM was BokSoon's son. In daily drama world it makes sense. JM already had a connection to them. He is also the one who asks about the bottle and through him we are introduced to the missing kid. Daily dramas like coming full circle and having the person who introduced is to the missing child BE the missing child is 100% drama style. It made sense to me. Unless they planned on doing redemption by amnesia (ughhh just the thought enrages me) giving BokSoon a murderer for a daughter just didn't make sense (though it would have added a lot more spice to the whole situation).

I like that JM is Bok Soon's missing son also.

• Like 4

The 2 weeks hiatus and the extension had killed the drama for me. I've been trying to watch the drama from where I left off but couldn't seem to so I just started watching again at the time JM and SH got back together. And I also missed some episodes not to my liking. What should be one of the highlights at least for me of the show but I felt like  it was treated as an ordinary scene where they finally was able to understand each other and got back together just like that lol and they've spend lots of episodes misunderstanding each other that it become mehhh when the secret was finally revealed. And like I said before the writer loves JK so much that she's devoting so much scenes for her and her believing she'd done nothing wrong that it's justified to kill someone as long as they're on her way to becoming president of DK. The JM and Bakery Mom scene was a favorite though but the writer also spent so much time showing the moles behind the ears of Bakery Mom and JK that it was hard to believe that JM was the lost child

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lhynne said:

The 2 weeks hiatus and the extension had killed the drama for me. I've been trying to watch the drama from where I left off but couldn't seem to so I just started watching again at the time JM and SH got back together. And I also missed some episodes not to my liking. What should be one of the highlights at least for me of the show but I felt like  it was treated as an ordinary scene where they finally was able to understand each other and got back together just like that lol and they've spend lots of episodes misunderstanding each other that it become mehhh when the secret was finally revealed. And like I said before the writer loves JK so much that she's devoting so much scenes for her and her believing she'd done nothing wrong that it's justified to kill someone as long as they're on her way to becoming president of DK. The JM and Bakery Mom scene was a favorite though but the writer also spent so much time showing the moles behind the ears of Bakery Mom and JK that it was hard to believe that JM was the lost child

Hmm everyone has their point of view, but I don't really agree, so yes, the 2 more weeks, the extension of the drama does a lot, in the long run it can seem frustrating and tiring, because we have more stories sometimes incomprehensible but it's the kind of drama, JK much loved by the writer? for me it's the opposite, it's more FL SH who is much more liked, and she has more screentime than JK, we have a badass FL who really tries to fight and who is not afraid
Usually FL is always too nice, and too sweet and stupid, well it's true that there were episodes where the magic disappeared, especially since she had been in prison for 4 years. The love story of the two leads took a while, especially considering the plot of the drama, but what I liked is that they support each other.
 I agree on the mole it's obvious that JK initially had to be bakery mom's daughter, but I think it's better for JM to be his child at worst lol, yes it's true that there are pros and cons
What disappoints me the most is that we don't have passionate kisses between the two leads, I don't think it's because of the covid, on the contrary the second leads did it at the start of the drama

• Like 4

EVENT: My Corner of Soompi

Spring edition of My Corner of Soompi is here! Do let us know what you've been up to and what you're looking forward to as we're heading towards summer.

Bring yourself and some snacks to the thread, as we sip on our tea together. :kiss_wink:

tea party GIF by VH1

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kristin Chen said:

I swear.. if JK fakes her death and slips away one more time... :crybaby:

She may not fake another death but well, there are at least 7-8 more episodes to go before she is put to jail maybe in the last episode or 2nd last episode.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

She may not fake another death but well, there are at least 7-8 more episodes to go before she is put to jail maybe in the last episode or 2nd last episode.

It's to the point where no matter where she runs she can't slip away from it anymore. The world now knows that shes not the chairman's daughter and that she murdered someone. hahah

• Like 2