[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

BSH keeps her parentage from JM so as to protect him. This is so common in kdrama. If we look at it, JM has more resources to protect himself and her than she does. Definitely a case of noble idiocy.

Now they are bringing in Bakery oppa into the equation, as if we are not watching enough storylines. 
Perhaps I could close one eye and watch SM making an RickRoll'D of herself over Bakery boy, that should distract him from our couple. Right? @LeftCoastOppa :hwaiting2:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, maribella said:

Now they are bringing in Bakery oppa into the equation, as if we are not watching enough storylines. 
Perhaps I could close one eye and watch SM making an RickRoll'D of herself over Bakery boy, that should distract him from our couple. Right? @LeftCoastOppa

I firmly believe, that prior to the extension, Bakery Oppa was simply going to be the supportive/unrequited love story ... until Sang-Mi shows up to capture his heart :wub: 

Now with the extension, they seem to want to make waves between him and JM ... just that lame preview alone ... "I've been in love with her along time" ... thats some crap writing/reveal - Anyhow, enjoy your laugh for the moment because in the end Sang-Mi wins ...

1.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, Naty828 said:

How old are SM and Bakery Oppa? can anyone tell? I doubt could she be the lost little sister?

The actors are alittle less than a year apart per asianwiki - in drama their ages haven't been stated specifically, Bakery Oppa is over 30 and Sang-Mi is younger than MSH who is 32. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm disappointed she didn't tell JM the truth but she lied saying she loves Bakery oppa,  the leads are going to be apart for quite a while , the truth or at least part of it is not going to be released this week , I hope the truth is not going to take 20 to 25 episodes to come out

• Like 5

16 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I'm disappointed she didn't tell JM the truth but she lied saying she loves Bakery oppa,  the leads are going to be apart for quite a while , the truth or at least part of it is not going to be released this week , I hope the truth is not going to take 20 to 25 episodes to come out

I don't think it is that bad.  It could also be a fairly short-lived breakup (maybe as few as even 4 or 5 episodes)... 

Despite the sad ending, I actually liked today's episode, because there was movement on multiple fronts, which could all end up in JM figuring out soon that there is a lot more that he doesn't know yet.

First, the prison unnie is going to figure out a lot of details.  When she met BSH, she said that she found that Kim Yeongdal (KYD) has illegally snuck himself back into Korea, as she is investigating him for HR.   Later she says to herself - "Let me figure this out. SH's birth mom is HR. Her father was the then company boss, Bong Manshik. SH's father died and the company secretary Kim Yeongdal was kicked abroad.  However... HR is searching for KYD?... Why is this so complicated? Clearly there is some secret behind SH's father's death".   She looks determined to find out more about it.  My guess is that she will go find KYD.  Now that HR knows that KYD is around, she may ask the prison unnie to find out where he lives anyway. 

But the chairman has asked SC to "get rid of KYD", so the prison unnie might end up in the middle of it and save KYD, preventing SC's plans.  She may ask for JM's help in this.  Things could go in many directions but there is a good chance that JM will find out about BSH's dad and about HR being BSH's mom, in the process. 

Meanwhile BSH has now met Mr. Kang and put him on a spot to tell her more about what happened, and he now knows that BSH remembers seeing him taking away the old lady for HR.  He may tell HR that she may have to explain to BSH what that old lady was about.  That may lead to HR telling BSH about the JM story.  

One problem is that it seems like HR feels that JM will not like whatever she did in getting him as the son. We saw HR thinking while meeting JM - "If you were to know what I did to bring you to me, I will have to leave you".  That means she may have done something like stealing him, and will resist bringing out the details.

Alternatively, BSH may ask the prison unnie to find out about that old lady, and it could lead to her finding out more.

Anyway, quite a bit of story movement was there today that gives us hope, so it is possible that the truth on JM may come out (or at least be known to BSH) fairly soon.  Once she finds out that JM is not her half-brother, the breakup will be over, even if she doesn't tell JM everything she finds out.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, what a nightmare, thirty more episodes.  Here we go thirty episodes of "Let's all torture each other by not telling the truth in the name of love".  You all realize this is a ploy to not start a new series while the Olympics are going on? They are going to string us along. This is when you start just watching the Friday episodes and you will be fine.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

My heart breaks for JM in this episode. It was so sad to see him cry but I do want him to take a time away from BSH and be a stronger director in the company. Now that he is promoted (hopefully JK is not causing any problem for him).  I want him to be able to take over the company like HaeRan wanted him.  He's gonna be a stronger and better man after this.  I just hope once this sibling issue resolve.  BSH is gonna be the one to try to get him back.  

• Like 7

I made a list a few months ago regarding all the secrets that needed to come out. Here's our progress so far:

Spoiler

Seon Hwa's birth secret 

Jae Kyung's birth secret

Jae Min's birth secret

Jae Min finding out what Seon Hwa's true motives towards Sang Hyuk are

How all the security room scenes where SH and JM have both assessed the camera situation will come into play

More office rivalry

Jae Min becoming the second husband 

Hae Ran not accepting Seon Hwa as a DIL

Sae Byeok being alive as JK/SH's kid reveal

Sang Hyuk's role in murder/essentially kidnapping Sae Byeok

Sang Hyuk realizing he was with the wrong Daekook heiress

Jae Kyung's double murder reveals

Sang Hyuk and Jae Kyung's breakup (kinda?)

The truth about Dae Guk killing Hae Ran's ex husband and his punishment for it

Bong Soon having to deal with the fact that her bio daughter is a murderer/villain 

Hae Ran having to deal with the fact that she treated her bio daughter so badly

Dae Guk realizing his family tree is now totally messed up lol

Mal Ja getting her just deserts 

Mi Jeong kidnapping Jae Kyung coming forward

Soo Cheol's true position in all this

Seo Joon's role as a big brother/potentially jealous love interest

Now to add on to the list:

Jae Min finding out why Seon Hwa broke up with him

Seon Hwa and Jae Min's reconciliation 

Jae Kyung actually getting punished

Sang Hyuk and mom getting punished

Bakery Oppa and SM getting together

• Like 6

Jaekyung. Hun, please. The whole point of being acquitted was due to your death.

The corrupt court had no criminal to imprison because death was your sentence. And just 'cause daddy let you off doesn't mean you can frolick along the flower path  -Eyerolls- Ya still did it. Yer still a murderer and a fraud. Does this lady even think? She's supposed to get a fake ID and cruise the world under a fake identity, not show up to work and pretend that thousands of people didn't see her kill a grandma on youtube. 

But now that you're here, we can get this whole trial started again.

And lol to Soochul. Even after faking her death, he continually fought on her side and she still chose to go back to her sh*tty husband - who doesn't give sh*ts about her, just her wealthy status. Must be realllll nice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6